Old 05-6-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
CDarwin
FFR Player

Default Looking for Remix Steppers

Hello, I'm finally getting back into the DDR scene (Haven't been on here I for I think 5 or more years... sad how far my rating dropped).

So, I've been getting a game remix section going on my site, and have been wanting to do more with my site, on top of it.

I started to make a DWI section for stepfiles for our remixes, but don't personally know anyone who makes them anymore (no longer live up north with the old DDR Vets.
I tried my hand at making a couple files, but am terrible at it.
Yes, I could learn, that would mean time taken away from the development of my site.
Especially since I'm trying to change and add some more features.

If I worked on learning to better sync a SIM, I wouldn't get anything done for a while.

So, I'm hoping to find people who want to create steps for our remixes. So far, we have 18 songs, (and been looking for more people as mixers) and am sometimes making my own remixes. If anyone would be on for making some steps for them, I'd love to have you on the team!

To any mods who may read this:
I'm also planning on links to working song databases. My site IS holding onto intellectual right of the remixes per the fair use act under the categories of "reviews" and "scholarship" sections. We reserve the rights their distribution, and do not want our music distributed off of our site, except for YouTube previews...

*BUT* we ARE only going to be hosting songs that are remixes of video game and possibly anime music, nothing as wide-ranged as your database...
Our site is also planned to eventually support scores being saved online for competitions:
but under the rules that all songs in competitions must be played with your feet, and no pole dancing.

Which is why we would like to you to become an affiliate of our DDR revival project;
you have a wider song variety, and you have your own programs for playing DDR, while I plan on editing some source code from another program for my server.

We are considering linking to your site as a song resource, so if you'd like to work something out, please contact me!

So far, here and Bemani Style and here are the only places I like enough to link to, but Bemani Style has to remake their song database.

If you want to check what we have so far, please check us
(The Alternate Gaming Network) at http://www.alternategaming.net.

Thanks!
Old 05-6-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Looking for Remix Steppers

Are you looking for pad files or keyboard files
Old 05-6-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm down for some stepping.
Also, what whocares said. It'd suck to send out a pad intended pack and find a roll of 32nd's outa nowhere.
Old 05-6-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
CDarwin
FFR Player

Thanks for the quick responses, sorry I wasn't able to get back sooner.

Like I said in my message for the mods, I'm planning on making it pretty much for the pad.
If you can keep it pretty universal, that would be nice, but for the purposes I'm planning on using them for (competition and fitness), having KB steps would be second priority.

If any of you really wanted to, you could make one of each version, and I'd set them both to be downloaded, but I think that would be a bit too much time on your part...

Especially since you could still play pad steps on a KB anyhow, but it's harder the other way around.

Just go to the link in my last post, and visit our remix section, for any songs you'd like to step.

Just a reminder, please don't post the songs anywhere else.
You can use the "contact us" link on the site to save you time on uploading, you can send me the files thru email (unless your mail is really slow, either will work) :P

Thanks!
Old 05-6-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

I'll be up for stepping some pad simfiles, so long as you are not expecting ITG-ish boss charts and such.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-7-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
CDarwin
FFR Player

Any difficulties you may make would be nice...
Since it's the Same MP3, I'd like to be able to mix-n-match the difficulities
(EG: Tom makes normal, Tina make a Boss. I'll just add them to the same DWI).