Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you partial to PC games or console games?
Consoles pwn j00 fuckers! 12 60.00%
PC 4 lyfe bitch! 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2004, 09:04 PM   #41
Tasuke
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tasuke Send a message via MSN to Tasuke

Well i have no good PC games so it really is console
I have been A console gamer since I was four and I
went to my cousins house to play DUCK HUNTER!!!!!!!
but seriosly after that I played at all the Arcades I could
possibly find...even the ones in resturants, that is until I got the
Nintendo, Then SEGA(best game makers ever) Genisis,
Then GameBoy then GameBoyPocket,(all hand-me-downs)
Then i got PSX(for raking leaves) GameBoyColor , Filnally I
traded my gameboycolor for a PS2
Not long now for the PSP and DS
Old 07-24-2004, 10:20 PM   #42
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I'm more of a computer guys, but consoles have their benifits. What it really comes down to are my favortie kind of games. I love FPS and RTS games, which are really hard to do on console. I suck at Halo on console, but I'm at least decent on computer. Other things, like fighting games and adventure games and anything where you have to hit several buttons at once are better on consoles. Since I like FPS and RTS style better, I play more on computer. Although, I did grow up as a console gamer, and I still love playing games on console. I just play PC more.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:13 PM   #43
imported_KaMiKaZeBoY
FFR Player

CONSOLE ALL THE WAY! Im mostly a PS2 person, ive been all my life but I cant NOT play Super Smash Bros Melee so i bought a GameCube just for that game. I hate PC gaming cause its so much of a hassle. Online charges, harddrive crap, too much stuff....
imported_KaMiKaZeBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:17 PM   #44
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Quote:
I hate PC gaming cause its so much of a hassle.
Yeah, if you're a computer illiterate moron. If you put 5 minutes into it the payoff is much greater.

Quote:
Online charges, harddrive crap, too much stuff....
Don't you have to pay for Xbox live? Doesn't the PS2 have a harddrive?

It's so amazingly simple that if you're confused by it, you're also probably confused with such simple tasks including walking. And breathing.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:20 PM   #45
imported_KaMiKaZeBoY
FFR Player

Nah, its kewl. I dont think u'll be able to change my mind. I hate PC gaming itself. Cause u also have to buy a super fast computer if u truly want to enjoy the gaming to the max.
imported_KaMiKaZeBoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:31 PM   #46
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Quote:
Cause u also have to buy a super fast computer if u truly want to enjoy the gaming to the max.
...No, you don't. If that was true, the industry would collapse because people wouldn't upgrade every two months. You can get a near top line gaming PC for as low as $1500. My PC rules, and I spent a measly $800 after upgrades. And mine is mid to high end. Trust me, you don't need to spend a lot of money.

I really wish people would learn about stuff before they judge it.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:50 PM   #47
LEGO
Banned

Send a message via AIM to LEGO

Dude $1500 is a fucking lot of money. Consoles cost like a fraction of that. My 2500+ AMD driven comp w/ 512 RAM and brand spanking new mobo and case cost under 300 bucks because I had the media drives and harddrive already. It's been on for a month, runs ANY game, and hasn't slowed yet, at all. Well... I also had the monitor an peripherals.

If you're counting new monitor and everything TIP TOP of the line, maybe 1500. But that would last you a fucking long time.
LEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:14 AM   #48
Xaimus
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Xaimus Send a message via AIM to Xaimus Send a message via MSN to Xaimus Send a message via Yahoo to Xaimus

I prefer PCs for games. It's sad that I'd have to run most of my games under some damned compatability layer because companies that could easily port their games to decent operating systems (x86 *NIXes) without suffering too much of a profit loss don't, because the company executives are greedy bastards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QreepyBORIS
I have two computers, complete with monitors, in my room. Beat that, bitches!
I have a dual display system and a mostly headless pseudo-server with it's own assy monitor for the few times I decide to manage it directly.

Too bad I'm poor. My monitors are crappy CRTs which have serious problems. My primary 17" CRT has a slightly damaged cable and tends to overheat. The OSD is fucked up, and the geometry settings don't work right. My secondary display sends out a lot of electrical noise and has a degraded picture quality when it is rendering something bright. My "server" CRT is only good for working with a text console. It has a terrible color contrast and blinks out every now and then. I need a job to get some HAWT LCDs.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:59 AM   #49
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

You must be a graphical artist. Otherwise, you wouldn't have a dual display (you lucky bitch ).

On the topic of things fading, my right speaker (2.1 system) is fading like crazy all of the sudden. May JUST have to upgrade to 5.1. Oh, well.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #50
Xaimus
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Xaimus Send a message via AIM to Xaimus Send a message via MSN to Xaimus Send a message via Yahoo to Xaimus

I'm a terrible graphical artist. I tinker around with music and I program. The second monitor really helps out with everything. :D