Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default 5th Official FFR Photo Scavenger Hunt

5th Official FFR Photo Scavenger Hunt!

That’s right, you heard us, it’s here! The fifth official FFR photo scavenger hunt has arrived. If you’ve never heard of this before, you probably don’t browse the forums or haven’t been around since Tasselfoot’s departure in 2009. We haven’t had a photo scavenger hunt since then, but they were always a big hit with a lot of the community. That being said, we’re looking forward to an interesting and fierce competition this year for the photo hunt!

A Few Changes

This year with the scavenger hunt, there will be a handful of changes. Scoring, a few of the traditional picture options, as well as the general how-it-is-going-to-run have all changed. Pay close attention in the next few paragraphs, and you should see the changes and questions should be answered.

The Setup DUE TO MAJORITY REQUEST THIS SECTION HAS HAD CHANGES.

We are going to do this thing in rounds this year! That’s right! You will get certain photo opportunities at certain times, and this will last far longer than the traditional FFR Photo Hunt. We are going to run 4 rounds, each lasting SEVEN days. This will give everyone a decent amount of time to accomplish all the photo tasks for the round. Each round will be set up as follows:

11 Easy difficulty photos, 14 Medium difficulty photos, 5 hard difficulty photos, and 2 bonus video opportunities

And the point values will be as follows:

5 pts, 10 pts, 15 pts, and 0-40 pts.

All final scores are subject to review and change by either myself or psychoangel691.

Submission

Just as a reminder, we wanted to mention a few of these things:
Pictures MUST be your own, and MUST be taken AFTER the start of this competition. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please try not to be any more distasteful with any of your pictures than the rules already require, forum rules still apply here.
Don’t Photoshop, we’re not stupid.
Use [img] tags to post your photos! We want everyone to be able to see them, in this thread! (for those of you who don’t know, put [img]imagelink[/img and close the tag with a ])

Winning, duh

How do I win, you ask? Well, by collecting the most total points by the end of the competition! Well what do I get? Due to lack of anything reward-like on this site, our resources are somewhat limited. Prizes thus far include credits, a new profile layout (from justin_ator; if desired, not necessary), an avatar from darkshark (if you haven’t seen his work, this alone should be worth winning for, they cost 150k credits), and obviously the self-fulfillment of being FFR’s Top Photoscavenger, a glory very few have received.

Last Remarks

Late submissions:
You can submit photos after their round has passed, yes. The catch, however, is that their point value will have dropped. Photos that are 1 round late will drop 1 point; 2 rounds late, 2; etc.

Start Date:

We are going to kick this thing off October 2ND!, 2011, at 2:00PM Server Time. So keep an eye out for the first round that day!

Sign-ups:

You don’t have to sign up! But if you would like to, we will probably make a spreadsheet for this competition this year, since there are multiple rounds, and we will get you up on the spreadsheet now. Either way, you’ll get added to it as soon as you post your first picture.

Point Total:

Because you all are nosy and too lazy to calculate it yourself, there is a whopping 1020+ total points available in this year’s competition! This excludes all video bonus opportunities and +x bonuses, so it’s possible to even exceed that value! We hope to see some pretty high scores!

Photo With Tass:

In the past there has always been a 25 point photo opportunity for this competition. It was to get a photo of yourself with Tasselfoot. Now that is somewhat of an impossible task, so we’ve modified it a little bit. It is now “Get a picture with any staff member.” (the complete list of staff members can be found here) This does not mean Kayla and AJ can take a picture together, however. We get to limit it if we feel the need to. Per request of a few community members, we will give +5 if you can actually get a picture with Tasselfoot, and +10 if you can get him to wear an FFR shirt for the picture and still smile.

Photos v. Video:

We’ll glady take videos or photos for pretty much all of the photo opportunities, but there is no guarantee you will get any additional points for a video unless the photo requirement says so specifically. We ask that you limit your videos to those that are actually worth the time, because watching 120 videos from 40 users would take a lot of time out of our schedules.

Combination Photos:

There will be no bonuses for doing multiple requirements in one photo, so it’s up to you if you want to do combination photos or not.

FFR T-Shirt Bonus:

There will be an FFR T-Shirt bonus, as usual. If you take one of the pictures with you in FFR apparel, you will receive double the points on your highest scoring photo for the competition only. We will figure this out at the end, so don’t worry about trying to account for it ahead of time, just submit with FFR apparel and leave the rest up to us. =] Again, this bonus can only be achieved once and will be added at the end of the competition. You CAN make your own FFR shirt, if you don’t own one! We ask that you put a little effort into it at least, rep FFR!

Teams:

We are NOT allowing "teams" in this competition. You can work with people you live near or with, to find and gather stuff, but you can't partner up and submit together with other users to try to get a higher total score.

The Competition

The title of Top FFR Photo Scavenger currently belongs to eastsideman09, so you all should try to dethrone him!

That’s all we have for you right now, and we hope you guys are looking forward to this kicking off in a week! Go tell all your friends about it, we want some serious competition! Hope you all have lots of fun with this!

Spreadsheet Here

THAT'S IT, WE'RE DONE!

It's time to release our 5th Official Photo Scavenger Hunt winners!

Honorable Mentions (for participating yo)
eastsideman09, zorack24, Crashfan3, gatemaster1, Elite Ninja, and T-Force.

Fifth Place
d00min8r - 222 pts

Fourth Place
Sephiroth28 - 245 pts

Third Place
catzeye21138 - 335 pts

Second Place
Hateandhatred - 655 pts

First Place, and our new FFR Photo Scavenging Champion,
demonllama6124 - 690 pts

Congrats guys, great work! There were some pretty amusing pictures this year!

Last edited by justin_ator; 07-28-2012 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: ENDED.
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00
Default Re: 5th Official FFR Photo Scavenger Hunt!

Schweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Lol welp was gonna reserve the next post in case I needed it for anything. I was toooo slow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

awesome
Old 09-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Cool. Might take part!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

What's your guys' idea on teams? Like, can both Frankie and I be in different photos or should it just be one of us in all the photos and the other one taking them all?
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This sounds incredible.. although is there an age limit?
I'll be turning 17 in a few months, so obviously people in my situation won't be able to do anything driving/drinking related.. Not sure the procedure of these events - so I'm just asking in advanced

can't wait!! XD
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

As far as I can remember, there is only like 1-3 things that are semi-driving related, and quite honestly you don't have to be driving driving (yes I put that twice). As far as drinking, no we don't have any like that. This competition is going to push you guys, but more for creativity/ingenuity for going out and actually getting these pictures =] it should be a blast.

EDIT: Looked through the list, none will require you to be driving, except maybe to get places xD You won't find all of this stuff at your house. (I hope >.>)

Sara, I'm going to have Kayla answer your question, I don't know if she has an opinion on it. I don't see a problem either way, as long as you guys are doing it together and not like, trying to recruit people or whatever lol. I remember insomniac doing the tasks with her bf in 09 and Tass never had any complaints then.

Double EDIT:

If you say something in this thread that is somewhat related to this at all, I will probably put you in the temp join list. If you don't want to do this, please say so in your post lol so I don't add you in.

Last edited by justin_ator; 09-17-2011 at 06:49 PM..
Old 09-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
Thatskier
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Thatskier Send a message via Skype™ to Thatskier

Bahahahahah so in
Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5 D1A: 1st Place

The Tournament of Immortality D1: 3rd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
Let's put it this way: This file is fun.
Thatskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #10
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

Hopefully it isn't American biased like the last one was. Will def be taking part.

(btw: your clever and cheeky spoilers ALL say Round 1)
Old 09-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Fixed, and hmmm...if they are biased, I do apologize. We threw together a few lists, didn't really think about it too much. There is one I can think of off the top of my head, but I'll go modify it real quick so it isn't.

Okay, that's fixed. As far as USA biased goes, it isn't unless objects on the list are not found in some areas other than the USA. But being as I live in the USA, I can't really say yea or nay for everything on the list in everyone else's country. If there is something on the list that you don't have, but have something very similar to, we will most likely be willing to accommodate and work out an agreement so you can still get the points you deserve.

Uhhh....Jae?
I looked through it to kind of compare to shy away from a bias, and this was 09's hunt....what was biased?
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...16&postcount=1

Last edited by justin_ator; 09-17-2011 at 07:05 PM..
Old 09-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #12
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

I'm stuck on a campus. What are my chances of getting anywhere in this?

EDIT: What I'm saying is, I'd like to enter. However (not trying to get an advantage), I'd like a PM with very VERY broad ideas of what I need to do in rounds so I can see if I could actually compete.

Last edited by Kibblre; 09-17-2011 at 07:06 PM..
Kibblre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #13
hXcalltheway
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to hXcalltheway Send a message via Yahoo to hXcalltheway

I shall be giving this a try I suppose
hXcalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Depends on what is on your campus, I guess. It'll be a challenge to score really high, but it might still be worth a shot. I can tell you that on a campus I would think you would probably have a shot at getting ~115 out of 175 in Round 1. I mean, you could always try and get people to tote you around and help =] I'd say give it a try, and if it isn't working for you, then it isn't working...at least you might have fun attempting =]

Last edited by justin_ator; 09-17-2011 at 07:16 PM..
Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #15
Azafreak
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Azafreak

hehe im in
Azafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #16
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
Depends on what is on your campus, I guess. It'll be a challenge to score really high, but it might still be worth a shot. I can tell you that on a campus I would think you would probably have a shot at getting ~115 out of 175. I mean, you could always try and get people to tote you around and help =] I'd say give it a try, and if it isn't working for you, then it isn't working...at least you might have fun attempting =]
I guess, but I'm highly doubting I'll be able to do much of anything other than easy photos.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #17
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

in?
Old 09-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #18
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I'll be back on a little later to update this stuff, got a 45 minute drive home and dinner.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #19
Sephiroth28
Snake Princess
FFR Veteran

Definitely in, this is going to be awesome.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #20
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Ah, yes the classic photo scavenger hunt where people will lick road kill for the first place title xD.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote