Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
User6773

Default TWG III Postgame Analysis / State Of The Game Report

STATE OF THE WEREWOLF GAME REPORT

Greetings to all. As many of you have heard rumors on the internets that I will not be running TWG IV. This is correct. I will turn it over to nominations in a nominations thread. This is due mainly to Thanksgiving break and upcoming Finals - I don't want to deal with it. Nominations will be described later. I will be participating. I'm reserving my slot right here and now.

But there are issues that need to be addressed to make the game more fun.

Game Size. Some people were losing interest near the end of the game due (I think) to its massive size and no real sight of resolution. Game size should ideally be 14-16 to prevent disinterest. Even with 4 wolves, 20 is just too much.

Participation. Don't sign up if you're not going to be at your computer enough to catch up on the thread and make a decent, paragraph-long post at least once every 24 hours. This game requires involvement and engagement if you want to survive. Some of these people played the equivalent of standing on the sidelines the entire time. If you play, you need to post.

Tasselfoot quandary. HOLY CRAP, WOLVES, IF TASS IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE, YOU SHOULD TAKE PAINS TO DO AWAY WITH HIM. He's good at figuring you out. I'm surprised it took you as long as it did to decide to kill him. You might have lasted a bit longer if you had killed him.

AIM alliance. People have a hard time staying engaged in the game if there's an AIM alliance going on. It kind of ruins the fun when the game is set up in such a way that either a) the Seer is randomly killed by the wolves through a lucky guess or b) the alliance grows larger and larger and their list of targets grows smaller and smaller. Also, with an AIM alliance, nobody's suspicions are made public and no one has anything to go on. To combat the alliance and force people to use their powers of deduction instead of stupidly bandwagoning, I propose the following:

Master wolf. The master wolf is like a normal wolf but with one special characteristic: If he gets seen by the seer, it is reported that he is human. The purpose behind this is so that an AIM alliance that gets formed is never 100% sure who's who and still has to use their brains to figure out who's acting wolflike or not. Some argue that this diminishes the power of the seer. However, the power of the seer is usually offset by the fact that the seer can't figure out who to trust and rather has to quietly insinuate they're the seer without being figured out. It also adds an element of risk and danger to the AIM alliance - how does the seer even know if the contact he makes to start the alliance isn't a wolf? The seer is still a powerful tool, but the master wolf prevents his power from being abused to win games.

I think this will help balance things for TWG IV.

TWG III postgame analysis goes here. Also comment on my report.