Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 10-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Jousway
FFR Player

Default Stepmania Paradise Reborn Vol.1

click banner to download like everyone does it in every single fing thread

another pack created by kona, this time with help from his girlfriend even tough she did most of the work
and I was there too but w/e

most of the files are for keyboard aside from Still Shy VIP
because it wouldn't be a PERFECT pack without a random pad file now would it

now go play and bash all the 20 files k tnx bye

files:
Code:
Title                                              |Stepper         |Br|Ey|Mm|Hd|Et|
---------------------------------------------------|----------------|--|--|--|--|--|
Applauding Poetry Contest                          |Vendice         |  |  |6 |9 |  |
A:XOVER                                            |Night39         |  |  |5 |  |11|
Black + White                                      |konacraze22     |  |  |  |  |10|
For The Ikarus                                     |blaziken        |  |  |  |7 |  |
GO!!!                                              |KandaRainbowsoul|  |  |4 |8 |10|
Hacking to the Gate                                |KandaRainbowsoul|  |  |4 |8 |  |
Hello Windows                                      |Jousway         |  |  |  |7 |  |
I wish ~Heart-Throbbing Magic~                     |Jousway         |  |  |  |8 |10|
INNOCENT SORROW                                    |KandaRainbowsoul|  |3 |  |7 |10|
Little Busters Forever                             |Jousway         |  |  |10|11|13|
No Matter How You Think About It, It's Not My Fault|Jousway         |  |  |7 |8 |9 |
Obelisque                                          |Night39         |  |  |5 |8 |10|
over there                                         |Detrimentalist  |  |  |  |  |10|
Rabbit of Happiness                                |blaziken        |  |  |  |7 |  |
Rage on                                            |Jousway & KRS   |  |3 |8 |8 |10|
Snow Kiss                                          |Vendice         |  |  |  |4 |9 |
SPLASH FREE                                        |Jousway & KRS   |  |  |7 |7 |9 |
Still Shy VIP                                      |Thumbsy         |1 |2 |2 |3 |  |
Streak                                             |Vendice         |  |  |  |  |10|
Your Sea Is Better Than The Seven Seas             |Jousway         |  |  |8 |9 |11|
there is also a vid showing the pack in case you care lol

Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Allen_Kanda
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Allen_Kanda Send a message via Skype™ to Allen_Kanda
Default Re: Stepmania Paradise Reborn Vol.1

time to bashdie

EDIT: wow my acount has been unused for so long
Old 10-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
konacraze22
FFR Player

Yep thanks Jous. You're part of the team as well. You deserve credit as much as us.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
Jousway
FFR Player

I didnt do anything because I didnt really care in the first place

the most work I actually spent in this pack was to make that chart that shows the song title, stepper and the difficulties, thats all

Old 10-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Allen_Kanda
FFR Player

5 files + 2 collabs ... yeah right you didn't do anything at all
Old 10-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

yuck

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

i'm going to review the hell out of this!!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #8
Jousway
FFR Player

pls do

Old 10-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #9
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

here's my complete review.

Applauding Poetry Contest 6/10
the chart itself is nice but the color notes at the beginning feel very awkward to hit and they didn't NEED to be so accurate, for a matter of replay and scoring value they could be toned down. Some of the mines add artificial difficulty while the song gives no reason for them to be there except in a few silent spots. With a little care in chart building, it could have easily been eight out of ten. Score: 95.60%

A:XOVER 7/10
i could picture myself playing this over and over, really lovely file. I'm not sure about some layering choices, i find myself wondering what many jumps or hands go to… and there are a bunch of mis-followed rhythms/missed sounds. Score: 99.43%

Black + White 8/10
i really love this one and how it was done. It's not very accurate but it's the best file in the pack, hands down. Great job. Score: 99.84%

For the Ikarus 6/10
felt a tad too easy and uninspired imo. Pitch relevancy is overall pretty bad and the ending is disproportionately harder than the rest. Better could have been done with a song like this. Score: 99.57%

Go!!! 4/10
Honestly, what is this supposed to be? Goes to nothing, is vastly offsync and does not represent the song at all. I'm sorry, quit out.

Hacking to the gate 5/10
Not better than the previous one, so many sounds flat out missed or misfollowed. As the chart goes it's fun but again, it does not represent the music. Score: 99.28%

Hello Windows 2/10
wow. No. When you have a song this long and this repetitive, if you REALLY have to step it, you cut it. There's over 20 measures of exactly the same rhythm, same melody, same sounds with some faint and inaudible variations. And even cut, it needed more jack theory and a smarter layering to accent each sequence's peculiar melody. Quit out.

I wish 3/10
The difficulty spikes are simply ridiculous. The file is offsync and the color note usage is for the most part completely wrong. I basically gave up hitting it accurately after the gigantic roll.

Innocent sorrow 6/10
12th jumpjacks… why? Overall some inconsistencies and missing sounds but it's fun to play. Score: 98.86 %

Little busters forever 4/10
The patterns are completely freeform and very unfun to hit. The one handed minijacks are awful and the 8th jumps are just boring and don't feel like they represent anything that is going on with the music. Quit out.

Dou Kangaete etc etc 7/10
Very fun easy file, starting from the middle it lacks focus on peculiar sounds and feels rather generic. Score: 99.77%

Obelisque 7/10
The steps are fun but they just DON'T feel like they represent the melody. The song is very sweet and i love it, and the chart is really amazing to hit, but they feel disconnected from each other. That really detracts from the playing experience in my opinion. Score: 99.75%

over there 8/10
I like how the chart is structured ALTHOUGH i would have done it slightly differently - more specifically, i find it really annoying that the bpm is sped up all the way to 250. It is however fun all around and feels like playing the actual instruments for the most part. Nice job Score: 98.54%

Rabbit of happiness 5/10
boring and with pretty bad difficulty spikes which make it worthless even as an easy file for less advanced players. Quit out.

Rage on 7/10
Pretty nice and energetic file which suffers, like many other files in this pack, of layer and focus to better accent instruments, while making a distinction between louder and fainter sounds. And it has yellow note syndrome. Score: 99.62%

Snow kiss 6/10
After finished playing this file i could remember basically nothing of it. It felt okay… nothing memorable for sure. Score: 99.06%

splash free 4/10
awful 32nds, file's boring and out of focus. Quit out.

Still shy VIP 4/10
I play pad and this isn't the slighest bit fun on pad. It has no climax, no buildup, and while on pad pitch relevancy is limited and can be taken with a grain of salt it's still applicable and makes files more enjoyable. Not only that, but in the process of dumbing down the difficulty of the file you removed any interesting sound in it and it all comes out very boring and tedious to play. I noticed some nasty double steps too.

Streak 3/10
Overdone mines, jacks, no pitch relevancy… this has the potential to be a kick ass file, but it's unplayable like this. Quit out.

Your son is better than the seven seas 4/10
I was having a blue combo until 3/4 of the song and then… 24ths. Why putting them like that? That really ruined my playing experience of this file, which, while still being generic and all, is very fun to MA. Score: 97.25%

Making a pack, even a small one is a lot of work and i want to compliment you for that. However, many files left a lot to be desired and could have been dramatically better with some more careful charting. The graphics are ok and get the job done.

My final rating on this pack: 6/10 (not an average)
Old 10-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #10
Allen_Kanda
FFR Player

In GO!! the Expert chart is EDIT material. It's basically a toughened version of the hard because I felt like it. GO!! isn't a good file though, wanted to step it for nostalgia but many anime ops feel so...not very steppable to me.

Thanks for the reviews anyway. Glad you didn't quit out on my other files.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
Jousway
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
I wish 3/10
The file is offsync and the color note usage is for the most part completely wrong.
oh no its offsync with 0.024 seconds END OF DA WORLD
also I wasnt en using EXPRESSIVE NOTE COLOUR I just put notes to da sound yo

Old 10-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Well that is my opinion, personally i like polished files which make me feel like i am actually PLAYING the song instruments. So these details are important.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
Jousway
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
Well that is my opinion, personally i like polished files which make me feel like i am actually PLAYING the song instruments. So these details are important.
yeah it was bad on my side for getting the offset wrong, also everyone has their own taste in files like for example

"I was having a blue combo until 3/4 of the song and then… 24ths. Why putting them like that? That really ruined my playing experience of this file"

while I on the other hand, and I know a few other people actually enjoy it
I tend to make files that are like FUCK YOU, cuz I enjoy them like that haha

Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #14
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
yuck
wow patrick hater

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #15
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

oh
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:30 AM   #16
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousway View Post
I tend to make files that are like FUCK YOU, cuz I enjoy them like that haha
Don't be a middie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #17
Jousway
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
Don't be a middie
I'm not lawl

Old 10-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #18
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

in the meanwhile i motherfucking love to score on these two files

Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #19
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Got bored and went to check a couple of files... some are good, some are pretty bad though. Might post reviews later

EDIT: My ratings are a lot lower than Necros' though lmao, but I mainly agree on most of his

A:XOVER is p fun on rates though

Applauding Poetry Contest [7/10] - Color notes are pretty awkward to hit, don't think it's THAT accurate either to be honest. The chart itself is pretty promising though, albeit a couple of patterns that I found really hard to hit for its difficulty (minijacks, dodgeball, split jumptrills) and I'm pretty sure it'll be really fun with some fixes here and there. Good job though.

A-XOVER [6/10] - Some pattern choices are questionable (and some transitions are really bad) and there are lots of (minor) misrhythms here and there. It can be toned down a lot, but it's not too bad as a file. Would play on rates maybe.

Black + White [3/10] - Hands are completely overemphasised here, layering makes no sense seeing that you had some parts with jumps and the exact same part with hands instead. I also noticed a lot of copy and paste and it really dragged on. Maybe if you tone down the layering and fix a lot of technical errors it'll be a good file but at the moment... no. The layering is just way too much for the atmosphere of the song.

For The Ikarus [5/10] - At first it wasn't too bad, aside from a couple of really odd patterns (anchors and one hand trills should be avoided, especially since this isn't supposed to be a hard file by any means) and some consistency errors. Then... you switched layering without any transition whatsoever, it made it really awkward personally. It repeats, then the ending is probably way too hard compared to the rest of the file anyway. Has potential, but probably needs more work.

GO!!! [2/10] - I initially wanted to just give naruto/10 but I decided to play it anyway because what's the worst that could happen? After playing 30 seconds of it I regret playing it. Good job if that was your intention though!

Hacking to the Gate [4/10] - Aside from song bias, it's better than GO!!! for sure. But although your file is somewhat respectable on an objective level, it just feels extremely empty. It doesn't feel like I'm playing to the song at all and I did see a couple of unnecessary bits such as that 24th burst. You could probably add some more holds too I feel. This file has potential though.

Hello Windows [3/10] - Use a cut. There's nothing wrong with it at a technical standpoint but this felt longer than The Games We Played 0.5 rate, holy shit lmao. Unless you're making some philosophical message that Windows computers take years to load in which case I guess you do have some sort of merit.

I Wish [3/10] - Colour note usage is wrong, those 64th rolls are over the top and some transitions are just horrible. Didn't enjoy this at all. Also this is probably way too kawaii for my tastes.

Innocent Sorrow [5/10] - Those 12th jumpjacks... why? Your layering is okay, but like Hacking to the Gate it feels as if I'm just hitting hands/jumps instead of playing to the song. A couple of misrhythms here and there and a couple of overemphasised/underemphasised bits... but it's kinda fun to play though.

Little Busters Forever [5/10] - Feels like a very very rigid IcyWorld stamina file. Maybe if the patterns are polished up and the 8th jacks are changed to more jumpstream it might be a pretty challenging file but as is... not fun.

Watamote ED [6/10] - Generic file, but nothing really bad about it. Really detest the song though wow.

Obelisque [7/10] - File's pretty good, but I really felt that it needed lots of visual clarity. Pitch relevancy would be good, didn't see any pitch relevancy at all used in this file. Would play it on high rates though, nice file.

Over There [8/10] - Wow, this is actually really fun haha. Only thing I didn't like is the 32nd roll in the 250 BPM part, but that's relatively minor anyway. Great file!

Rabbit of Happiness [4/10] - So much more could be done to this file, although I'm not really fond of the song choice. It's relatively boring, difficulty spikes kinda ruin the file even for beginners anyway.

Rage On [6/10] - Yellow note syndrome. File suffers like other files such as Hacking to the Gate, Innocent Sorrow and a couple others, some instruments are overemphasized and many others are not. It's not a bad file, but I'd really want to see a balance in accenting because the song doesn't call for hands at all despite that it's a J-rock song.

Snow Kiss [5/10] - Also really generic, but there's a couple of parts that I felt aren't too well done (a little too much on the heavy side and a couple of grace notes here and there that are unnecessary). File needs some work, but I guess it has some potential to be good.

SPLASH FREE [4/10] - File's actually not bad on the whole but the 32nd trills really really killed it for me. If you fixed up that part it'll actually be pretty good. I'll probably have to mute this before playing it again though.

Still Shy VIP [N/A] - I play pad myself, and I really didn't enjoy it. Didn't want to post my rating because I feel that I'm too biased towards harder pad files instead. Would like to see something harder from you though, a 3 doesn't really do the track justice since it's watered down so much.

Streak [3/10] - Hold lengths and all really bothered me. I didn't really enjoy the file, minijacks are a bit too much and you missed so many sounds that could've made the file a lot better. This track has the potential to make a hell of a simfile, but as is it's pretty subpar.

Your Sea Is Better Than My [3/10] - what the fuck is this

Overall I saw tons of amateur mistakes/layering inconsistencies, although yes a pack does require a lot of effort to make, it doesn't mean that the quality of the simfiles have to be below average. It's not bad coming from a small community, but it's nothing all that great either.

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 10-14-2013 at 07:55 AM..
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
Jousway
FFR Player

tnx for the review guys