Old 09-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #63
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Yolomania Vol. 1 - Release!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
While I'm tumbling backwards (rain)
what happened to that collab? i want to finish it, maybe single release?
rCaliberGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #64
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rCaliberGX View Post
what happened to that collab? i want to finish it, maybe single release?
My external died when I was halfway done (rain)

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #65
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

almost full review have an enjoy, more strict than usual though

A Broken Heart Can Mend (5/10) - Drags on for way too long. Nothing wrong with it, just felt that it really needed a cut.

Accept Your Fate Now (7.5/10) - Rating still stands, I still enjoy this file. On 1.0 it'll probably be a bit too draggy though, especially since there's pretty much nothing different about the file for 3-4 minutes.

Applejack Bucks 400 Apple Tree (6/10) - Iffy on those bursts...

Archetype (6.5/10) - Nice and easy file I guess. Nothing too special. Not fun on 2.0 though.

Bad Boy (5.5/10) - refer to earlier review

Bgrusko Meow (5/10) - Patterning is not my cup of tea.

bitch i look like goku (6/10) - There are two types of dumps to joke/rap/pop tracks. Ones that are hilarious but meh and ones that are good and replayable. I have no fucking idea where this falls in.

Bitches (µ-ZIQ Remix) (N/A) - Never played.

Brainfog (8/10) - Second 24th JS section (the ones without 12th jumpjacks) is very overdone I'd say, you should probably lessen the layering a bit. Other than that, pretty chill file. Fun on rates, which is always a plus.

BreakFire (7/10) - Not a fan of MA files all in all, this was surprising to play though.

Castle Of Affair (N/A) - Never played.

Escapes (5/10) - Extremely overdone compared to Accept Your Fate Now, seeing that Accept Your Fate Now is far more intense and heavy compared to Escapes. That speedup is really overdone too, not a fan of the file overall.

Exam Cram (6.5/10) - On par on Cetaka's version I'd say. Ending still catches me off guard though.

Exothermic (6/10) - Not a fan of that first section. Okay file otherwise.

Falling Falls (7.5/10) - Calm down with the anchors/miniholds brah. Nice and short file though, I enjoy playing files like this.

Fuck that Shit (N/A) - Never played.

Goretrance 3 (6/10) - Lots of long anchors and one handed trills in there, not sure if they're intentional or not though. Going to assume that it isn't though, I found the JS patterns pretty awkward, especially for its speed.

Guren no Yumiya (3/10) - Song/anime bias aside, I found this extremely awkward to play. Random bursts, extremely anchored 24th JS, just... no.

I have a bad case (6.5/10) - i have a bad case of diarrhea

iro wa jyou he to sasou (6/10) - Drags on more than I Have A Bad Case, really think you should water down the minihold usage though haha.

Kaerimichi (6/10) - My ears hurt. Not fond of the holds used, but they're fine I guess.

Katayoku no Tori (8.5/10) - Very very fun. The handstream at the end is too excessive though and you probably shouldn't have put in the jumpjacks in there.

Lazy Susan (8.5/10) - Great stuff. Minijacks might be a bit too much though, but other than that this is a solid file.

Let This Go (N/A) - Haven't played.

Man Made Disaster (5.5/10) - Takes too long to get to the hard part.

Marty's Tardis (9/10) - Make more files like this, thank you.

monocyclefromhell (.) - wat

Nichismoke (6/10) - Step Weed Circulation instead, thank you.

No Disguise (7.5/10) - Not a fan of the song choice. Patterns are great though, though I didn't really like the jacks.

Pink Nightmares (N/A) - Never played.

PISS ME A RIVER JESUS (HOLY SHITTT) (5/10) - ian can you touch my powerpoints instead

Prepare For Attack (N/A) - Never played.

Radioactive (8/10) - Flowy 32nd patterns, great dump chart.

Rolling Girl (8/10) - This is one kawaii ass song. Good file to go with it.

Schlimme Dinge (6.5/10) - Reminds me of Unicron Barbeque on FFR. File isn't bad, nothing that special though.

Sigatrev (5/10) - Still not a fan of the file, I understand that you're trying to prevent anchors but SOME (2-3 arrows) anchors are fine. Not a fan of the inverse roll patterning at all, ruins the flow of the file for me.

speedfucker (7/10) - this didn't fuck my speed good try. Not bad, the part with hands might be too much though.

Superluminal (6/10) - The dense parts (jumptrills, 32nd bursts, etc.) towards the end are overdone I feel. You should've put it in the most intense part (chorus) instead in my opinion. File's not bad, just not my cup of tea.

Tesla Coil (9/10) - Wow.

The Limit Does Not Exist (9/10) -

24ths are overdone, sick file otherwise.

The Red And White (7/10) - Fucking ow. Lots of difficulty inconsistencies, but alright file otherwise.

Tonari no Totoro (6.5/10) - This song is so butchered now. Okay file though, but I'd really want a cut for songs like this.

Tongues (7.5/10) - Best track in the pack. 32nd patterns are a little abrasive, but the file's pretty alright besides those. Nice job.

UKF Dubstep VIP Tutorial (N/A) - Never played. Probably not going to either lmao.

watashi ni nande to toi tamau na (6.5/10) - That's a lot of anchors. Not one of your stronger files but it's alright I guess.

When the Cicadas Cry (7.5/10) - Fuck o'er the flood, this is my favourite goreshit track now. Other than that, file's okay. Lots of bursts that are really iffy (especially on higher rates), but the file's pretty solid I'd say.

Winnipeg As Mandatory Scat Feed (5.5/10) - Drags on way too much.

With A Dance Number (6/10) - Awkward transitioning, I would definitely make the file a lot different as well. I don't really hate the chart, but I really would've did this a lot differently.

XenoChrist (6.5/10) - Felt a bit too draggy. File's okay otherwise.

Xeus (6/10) - Still feel that this is way too overlayered for the atmosphere of the track, but there's nothing really wrong about it objectively. Those jacks though...

{The Traveller} (7/10) - Way too much hand bias in this file. Generic cornandbeans JS file otherwise though, but it's one of the better ones for sure.
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #66
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post

A Broken Heart Can Mend (5/10) - Drags on for way too long. Nothing wrong with it, just felt that it really needed a cut.

Accept Your Fate Now (7.5/10) - Rating still stands, I still enjoy this file. On 1.0 it'll probably be a bit too draggy though, especially since there's pretty much nothing different about the file for 3-4 minutes.

Archetype (6.5/10) - Nice and easy file I guess. Nothing too special. Not fun on 2.0 though.

bitch i look like goku (6/10) - There are two types of dumps to joke/rap/pop tracks. Ones that are hilarious but meh and ones that are good and replayable. I have no fucking idea where this falls in.

Brainfog (8/10) - Second 24th JS section (the ones without 12th jumpjacks) is very overdone I'd say, you should probably lessen the layering a bit. Other than that, pretty chill file. Fun on rates, which is always a plus.

BreakFire (7/10) - Not a fan of MA files all in all, this was surprising to play though.

Escapes (5/10) - Extremely overdone compared to Accept Your Fate Now, seeing that Accept Your Fate Now is far more intense and heavy compared to Escapes. That speedup is really overdone too, not a fan of the file overall.

Exam Cram (6.5/10) - On par on Cetaka's version I'd say. Ending still catches me off guard though.

Falling Falls (7.5/10) - Calm down with the anchors/miniholds brah. Nice and short file though, I enjoy playing files like this.

Goretrance 3 (6/10) - Lots of long anchors and one handed trills in there, not sure if they're intentional or not though. Going to assume that it isn't though, I found the JS patterns pretty awkward, especially for its speed.

Guren no Yumiya (3/10) - Song/anime bias aside, I found this extremely awkward to play. Random bursts, extremely anchored 24th JS, just... no.

iro wa jyou he to sasou (6/10) - Drags on more than I Have A Bad Case, really think you should water down the minihold usage though haha.

Kaerimichi (6/10) - My ears hurt. Not fond of the holds used, but they're fine I guess.

Katayoku no Tori (8.5/10) - Very very fun. The handstream at the end is too excessive though and you probably shouldn't have put in the jumpjacks in there.

Lazy Susan (8.5/10) - Great stuff. Minijacks might be a bit too much though, but other than that this is a solid file.

No Disguise (7.5/10) - Not a fan of the song choice. Patterns are great though, though I didn't really like the jacks.

PISS ME A RIVER JESUS (HOLY SHITTT) (5/10) - ian can you touch my powerpoints instead

Schlimme Dinge (6.5/10) - Reminds me of Unicron Barbeque on FFR. File isn't bad, nothing that special though.

Sigatrev (5/10) - Still not a fan of the file, I understand that you're trying to prevent anchors but SOME (2-3 arrows) anchors are fine. Not a fan of the inverse roll patterning at all, ruins the flow of the file for me.

speedfucker (7/10) - this didn't fuck my speed good try. Not bad, the part with hands might be too much though.

Superluminal (6/10) - The dense parts (jumptrills, 32nd bursts, etc.) towards the end are overdone I feel. You should've put it in the most intense part (chorus) instead in my opinion. File's not bad, just not my cup of tea.

Tesla Coil (9/10) - Wow.

The Red And White (7/10) - Fucking ow. Lots of difficulty inconsistencies, but alright file otherwise.

Tonari no Totoro (6.5/10) - This song is so butchered now. Okay file though, but I'd really want a cut for songs like this.

Tongues (7.5/10) - Best track in the pack. 32nd patterns are a little abrasive, but the file's pretty alright besides those. Nice job.

UKF Dubstep VIP Tutorial (N/A) - Never played. Probably not going to either lmao.

watashi ni nande to toi tamau na (6.5/10) - That's a lot of anchors. Not one of your stronger files but it's alright I guess.

When the Cicadas Cry (7.5/10) - Fuck o'er the flood, this is my favourite goreshit track now. Other than that, file's okay. Lots of bursts that are really iffy (especially on higher rates), but the file's pretty solid I'd say.

With A Dance Number (6/10) - Awkward transitioning, I would definitely make the file a lot different as well. I don't really hate the chart, but I really would've did this a lot differently.

Xeus (6/10) - Still feel that this is way too overlayered for the atmosphere of the track, but there's nothing really wrong about it objectively. Those jacks though...

{The Traveller} (7/10) - Way too much hand bias in this file. Generic cornandbeans JS file otherwise though, but it's one of the better ones for sure.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to see that a lot of the tracks scored 7/10 or higher, that's pretty decent I'd say.
A little bummed you didn't play Prepare for Attack. I honestly think thats my best file. Then again, I thought Bad Boy was really good so my opinions might mean jack shit lol.

I should also explain Let This Go a bit. Yes its an easy marathon. I'm not expecting a lot of people to really enjoy it, but there's a few out there who might. In the future marathon files in these packs will probably be limited to intense stamina files.

Last edited by Wafles; 09-16-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #67
lexis_is_icecold24
FFR Player

y sungs su harrd? :/

On the real, though, played through a bit of this and Tesla Coil was pretty fun ^_^

EDIT: Oh, and I don't know why, but I find the end of Fuck That Shit to be perfect. I mean, it ends at a good time for the file and for the song as well. Hearing "Hold on, hold on... Fuck dat. Fuck dat shit." after the intense (relatively speaking, that is) jump stream and as it transitions to the results screen seems like a manifestation of how I feel when the song is over. It starts with that quote in the beginning too, so I guess it also works the same way for people that repeat this song to MA it, haha. As for the stepfile, a generally fun file. I quite like it, to say the least. I enjoyed the pitch relevance it retains throughout, specifically with the freezes. The air freeze and single-and-air note combo in the build up was a fun section that I think was stepped appropriately. As far as the jump stream at the latter half of the song goes, I am not entirely sure I am feeling it. I think it was done this way to increase the difficulty, provide something worthwhile, and to contrast the beginning and middle sections of the song, but there are more air notes than expected. I guess I thought the air notes would be stepped to the synth stabs of the melody, but that's not the case. However, considering that this is meant to be a pack of difficult songs, I don't think that would be nearly as difficult, and it is a rather fun section nonetheless, so it is at least justified in context.

Also, Yolomania Vol. I indicates to me that there will be more in the future. I am rather out of the loop, so why is the project called Yolomania specifically, and what is planned for the project (I guess in terms of what it wants to accomplish in volume count and/or content)?

Last edited by lexis_is_icecold24; 09-16-2013 at 04:29 PM..
lexis_is_icecold24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #68
Wafles
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexis_is_icecold24 View Post
y sungs su harrd? :/

On the real, though, played through a bit of this and Tesla Coil was pretty fun ^_^
Because hard is fun!
At least for me.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #69
Skwid1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Skwid1

Quote:

Tesla Coil (9/10) - Wow.

I was gonna write up a longer thing responding to each criticism of one of my files, but I realized that it's pretty much the same thing most of the way through. I need to work on minihold usage, especially making them shorter so they don't add unnecessary clutter, and pattern choices are mediocre at some points. I should also probably cut down on minijacks that are only there for the sake of consistency in layering (like in Katayoku and maybe Speedfucker).

For the most part, it seems like for the next pack we just need better QC and we need to pay attention to whether a song should be cut or not, because there are some files that just shouldn't be here.

Thanks for the review.
Skwid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #70
Wafles
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexis_is_icecold24 View Post
EDIT: Oh, and I don't know why, but I find the end of Fuck That Shit to be perfect. I mean, it ends at a good time for the file and for the song as well. Hearing "Hold on, hold on... Fuck dat. Fuck dat shit." after the intense (relatively speaking, that is) jump stream and as it transitions to the results screen seems like a manifestation of how I feel when the song is over. It starts with that quote in the beginning too, so I guess it also works the same way for people that repeat this song to MA it, haha. As for the stepfile, a generally fun file. I quite like it, to say the least. I enjoyed the pitch relevance it retains throughout, specifically with the freezes. The air freeze and single-and-air note combo in the build up was a fun section that I think was stepped appropriately. As far as the jump stream at the latter half of the song goes, I am not entirely sure I am feeling it. I think it was done this way to increase the difficulty, provide something worthwhile, and to contrast the beginning and middle sections of the song, but there are more air notes than expected. I guess I thought the air notes would be stepped to the synth stabs of the melody, but that's not the case. However, considering that this is meant to be a pack of difficult songs, I don't think that would be nearly as difficult, and it is a rather fun section nonetheless, so it is at least justified in context.

Also, Yolomania Vol. I indicates to me that there will be more in the future. I am rather out of the loop, so why is the project called Yolomania specifically, and what is planned for the project (I guess in terms of what it wants to accomplish in volume count and/or content)?
Haha, Fuck That Shit is a pretty cool song in general. Was really happy when I found that song and instantly knew I'd make a file for it. The ending JS is absolutely not justified. Originally I made that file as a means to practice some awkward hand patterns and some really dense js patterns. The file turned out pretty fun so I put it in the pack.

As for our future plans. Yes, we are planning on making this a pack series. Yolomania Vol. 2 will be announced some time in the relatively near future (probably in October). We will still aim for ~50 files for each pack, so there may end up being a good deal more of these packs in the future, but this pack had some quality control issues that we intend to resolve for next time.

We called it Yolomania because it was unique, memorable, and overall it was the best we could honestly think of. Pack names are hard. The downside to this name is that it sounds like a joke, but the goal of the pack is far from that. These are intended to be serious high quality packs.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #71
lexis_is_icecold24
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
cut
I blame everything wrong with this generation of kids on YOLO... and Twilight.

That's really awesome, though. I, unfortunately, haven't had much time to play the rest of the pack, but it seem like a promising, solid pack so far. I look forward to keeping up with the series, and will happily do so if the quality delivered stays respectable ;D

By the way, congrats to everyone involved in the release - from the steppers, artists, and judges, to name notably - that offered their time, energy, and creativity for the community! Much thanks!

lexis_is_icecold24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #72
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Quote:
We called it Yolomania because it was unique, memorable, and overall it was the best we could honestly think of. Pack names are hard. The downside to this name is that it sounds like a joke, but the goal of the pack is far from that. These are intended to be serious high quality packs.
PitchRelevancyMania
Old 09-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #73
Wafles
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
PitchRelevancyMania
NotIcyworldJumpStreamMania
Old 09-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #74
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

2icy4u
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #75
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
NotIcyworldJumpStreamMania
nn elitism
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #76
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
2icy4u
IcyWutYouDidThere
rCaliberGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #77
BXKECV88NK8JFTHTPVD
Banned

I uploaded a this pack to youtube

youtube dot com/playlist?list=PLNft9R6wabsCg1GzHkcfQC3pLlHtDlpGK
BXKECV88NK8JFTHTPVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #78
Wafles
FFR Player

o.o I hope you have a script that helps you do that.
Pretty cool.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #79
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXKECV88NK8JFTHTPVD View Post
I uploaded a this pack to youtube

youtube dot com/playlist?list=PLNft9R6wabsCg1GzHkcfQC3pLlHtDlpGK
I was actually wary of it the first time because of the username lmfao. But yeah, thanks for doing that mang~

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #80
DefTeaMachine
beatboxing ninja hobo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

>BXKECV88NK8JFTHTPVD

did a cat dance on your keyboard while you were registering or something?

SEND YOUR REJECTED FILES HERE

Play my (discontinued) game
DefTeaMachine is offline   Reply With Quote