Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-9-2017, 08:42 AM   #161
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: THREAD MOTHAFUCKAS MINTY 2 BITCHES NEW PACK YEAH

btw rock lobster is like the closest thing to a symphonic metal sub for the pack

you guys know i'm a sucker for that shit come on it's like a free accept
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2017, 11:11 AM   #162
lofty rhino
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Enjoy jumpstream and weeaboo music? Good because that's what's coming for you
If weeaboo jumpstream is coming for me, I'll be in the trees waiting to drop down and slit it's neck like Rambo.

Last edited by lofty rhino; 04-9-2017 at 11:12 AM..
lofty rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2017, 11:38 AM   #163
James May
FFR Player

sent the fixes to you Mina

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2017, 01:08 PM   #164
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty rhino View Post
If weeaboo jumpstream is coming for me, I'll be in the trees waiting to drop down and slit it's neck like Rambo.
one day we'll tell our children about the weaboo jumpstream coming 4 them when they misbehave

i mean you will

cause my children wont misbehave they'll be angels

in that they wont exist

because angels dont exist
Old 04-9-2017, 01:35 PM   #165
James May
FFR Player

I also got another file that I'm contemplating on sending over.

Old 04-9-2017, 10:19 PM   #166
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Way Away (DAD COP 2) - We already had a bit of back and forth on this file so I'll keep it succinct.
24.26s- The descending roll starting at the end of the 4 anchor here is pretty awkward. The same applies albeit less so to the next variation of this with the 1 anchor. The 2/3 anchor variants of this pattern later on are more intuitive/fun to hit.
29s- Haven't decided if the next half second is charming or rage inducing so I'll mark it here for now but don't change it yet.
39.3s- Look at the preceding 4343, then look here. Then kys. Then shift the 3 in the jump at 39.6 to 1.
53s- There's no drum hit here. Ditch the [34] jump and that'll also solve the problem with the rush-trappy nature of the section due to the extended anchor on 3 that leads into them. Probably, it might also make it worse.
54.8s- I'm noting this because I mentioned it to you earlier already. I don't think it's too much in the context of the file as is. There are other much more problematic areas. It may turn out that once those are smoothed out, this kind of stuff sticks out greatly, but that isn't the case yet.
61.5s- I just want you to look at this and think about how monumentally awkward it is.

95.37s- Not quite planet hell... more like... jovian moon hell, but still hell.
111.8s- same as 53s
120.7s- Ditch the flams or ditch the 32nd notes. Don't just layer them together- it feels like your divorced parents both wanting to take you to the same park on saturday.

Actually now that I look back at it most of the major problematic areas are the results of variations of what first appears at 31.27. Early on in the file they're manageable but as the file progresses they quickly devolve into mash/rush traps. You might want to leave the early ones as-is and then tone down the layering in the later incarnations, or repattern/relayer/redo them all. Planet hell/weird trill->anchor transitions aren't inherently bad. There are very few patterns that are actually just terrible outright- usually it comes down to context. How fast is it? Speed compounds awkwardness factor which ramps up localized stress/stamina drain on the player during that section. What are the transitions into/out of the pattern like? 61.5s has a quarter measure long 34 gallop at 48ths leading into a [34]43[34] 24th anchor pattern. There's like a 289% chance the player hits the the 4 as a 34 gallop, hits a super early boo on the 3, then keeps hitting the 3 on the long 16th anchor without even realizing what happened, resulting in a frustrating boo rush. Repetition tends to reinforce vanilla patterns and makes them easier to hit (see: memoria reborn), conversely repetition tends to compound the awkwardness of wacky patterns and leads to habit forming (see: talmb). Basically you want to straddle the line between challenging/intriguing the player and frustrating them. Obviously that line isn't the same for everyone but I tend to have a much higher tolerance for stuff like this and even I think it's gone too far.

I'm still not enthralled by the file but I think it's solid and getting there and lofty has a more favorable disposition than I do.

morbid profundity
ALONE (James May) - Nice fast fixes. Everything looks :OK_Mine:. There are some remaining questionable patterns in the second to last set of 32nds but I'll wait until some more playtesting before any further commentary.

Itsuwaranai Kimi (Celirra) - Ok I had my reservations when I mentioned that hearing the 32nds actually made me want to hit 32nds, because it would likely push the difficulty of the ending up too far, and it has. It's not too hard in the sense that it's an outright absurd difficulty spike but it's certainly the hardest part of the file in what should, apart from the very intro, be the easiest. Supposing the player has fc'd the rest of the file the ending should pose a "ok now just pay attention and close it out" rather than a "ok now comes the tricky part" threat.

My rationale for the suggestion was this- 32nd rolls would probably be too uninteresting/easy and roll patterns lend themselves less to that kind of snare hit than anchored patterns do. Looking at it now 32nd rolls might just be fine. Alternatively you could use the same structure at 24ths or perhaps even 16ths. 24th trills/splithand rolls are other options to play around with. The danger with vanilla 32nd rolls is they become jumptrill bait which is sort of the antithesis of the control based patterning in the rest of the file. You could also try 24th friendly freeze stream to emphasize control instead.

Nepal (Celirra) - After a few more plays I'm pretty settled on the extra layering on the minijacks being an unnecessary burden/distraction. I've also made a number of additional small edits mostly centered around shifting some of the more awkward anchors. It'll probably be easier for me to just send you my edits and for you to sign off on them/shoot back alternatives. I'm sending this to you via discord. The places changed are around:
29s
78.5s
111.3s
120.5s

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 04-10-2017 at 12:18 AM..
Old 04-10-2017, 07:36 AM   #167
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty rhino View Post
I'll give you so much weeaboo jumpstream you'll be shitting out sushi rolls for a week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:10 AM   #168
lofty rhino
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
I'll give you so much weeaboo jumpstream you'll be shitting out sushi rolls for a week
Good, give me more. I'm trying to make a necklace made of anime eyes.
lofty rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:40 PM   #169
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Congratulations. You're getting the OP for Carnival Phantasm. It's gonna be the new Ageha
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 04-11-2017, 01:20 AM   #170
James May
FFR Player

Have a preview of what to expect of file numero 2 :U

Tryng to do x-mod stuff on a dump file while incorporating color theory is tricky yo x.x

Old 04-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #171
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

sent another one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:33 PM   #172
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Gone Fishin' (Scintill) - all of my yes
Old 04-13-2017, 05:38 PM   #173
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Exile of the Floating World (Klaius) - This is a great follow-up to and the vulture beholds. Both of the files have this unique blend of standard technical metal charting and well-employed creative liberties, and your song choice supports this rather than fighting it. I have a couple of specific comments as well as a major general one.

80s- This stuff is kind of hard to spot sometimes. Basically you're opening a short 2/3 anchored double runningman pattern with a 1[12] 12th jack. This is the kind of thing that would be at home in a pa/AAA goal type file. My main issue here is that while some of the other stuff in the file leans more towards that this is an extreme outlier that feels out of place and is likely going to badly trip up players going for AA runs.

84.3s- See above.

88.6s- I know only 16ths are being played but I'm pretty sure you could get away with at least a 24th burst to the prominent guitar here to separate it out from the drums being played.

89.6s- See above.

115.87s- This part feels a little light for how heavy the snares are. If I have the stepping scheme right you have the 16th jumptrills going to the guitar and then the snares following out at single note 16ths. Stepping the snares as jumptrills would detract from the guitar which is why I'm guessing you didn't do it. I propose turning the 16th at this timestamp to a [34]. Then shift the following 8th/16th notes one column to the left so you have a 4 set [12][34] that leads into a short runningman. This would probably be unimaginably gay if it weren't just 16ths. It also might end up being unimaginably gay even at 16ths but you should try it anyway.

The last third or so feels a little empty to me so the following suggestions are mostly places where I feel like things can be justifiably beefed up without getting too extreme. Any places you had reservations about making a little harder in any way should be reconsidered/revisited.

147.8s- There are 48ths (or close enough to it) here. I don't think you should put down 48ths. 24ths would lead into the 12th jumps just fine I expect.

153.8s- See above. You could probably get away with rolly 48ths here (not that I would advise it) but that would just be weird if you use 24ths earlier for the same sound. At the same time I also can understand why you chose to ignore this sound, if you've already tried putting stuff down to it and it just doesn't work let me know.

155.27s- So as someone who can play this on 1.0 without any effort I'd like to see 16ths here. As someone gunning for a 1.3 aa maybe I would hate that, I'm not sure. I'll put em down and get back to you on it.

159.74s- [34] jump here.

165.67s- Probably the biggest missed opportunity here. You are super justfied in a 3 note 16th jack or xxxyx pattern here and the fact that you're coming off of vanilla 8th chords for a measure or two makes it very manageable. I would just make sure the freezes in the area don't make it too hard to transition into/out of.

176.87s- Like 90% sure the guitar here starts playing 16ths. If you leave the 12ths I would put single notes on 8ths.

only other comment is that the sync gets a little muddy in some areas (~17s, ~50s, ~183s). Sometimes it's better to ignore sync in the interest of keeping the bpm static. It's usually easier for the player to hit to a rhythm, particularly an established one, rather than hitting exactly to the sounds. Personally I'm more partial to pure sync and I'd like to see the section at 183s dick synced at least. The sections at 17s and 50s are half and half but whichever you decide the same thing should be done in both places. If you want I can do the sync myself.

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 04-13-2017 at 05:45 PM..
Old 04-15-2017, 09:00 AM   #174
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Ants (Carmelo) - stepmanias music. offset is wrong. understepped. overstepped. 64th rolls at 140 bpm are not "ma crap". 20 second intermission of kms 8ths. 20 second outro of kms 8ths. Most of the parts that aren't understepped and aren't overstepped would need to be repatterned in order for me to consider this chart for this pack. Basically you'd have to restart from scratch just to get into the pool and even then the music choice alone would put it at a severe disadvantage. Tbh I think the song is pretty dope and there are definitely non-stepmanias silly dumpy memey shit, which, you curiously left empty, but it's still like 90% stepmanias musics. I could see a file for this getting accepted, but it's not this one.

That's not to say the chart in its current incarnation is irredeemable. Cut the dumb as shit outro. Redo the dumb as shit 64ths (maybe 17s, definitely 53s, definitely 92s), redo the dumb as shit 48ths- 109s is the worst offender in this category. Make the intermission less boring and actually put notes to the vocals. Fix the offset. Then find someone to play the file and tell you what might need to be changed further. It won't be a masterpiece, but it'll be playable and probably pretty fun. Don't mistake those pointers for an invitation to make a few fixes and resubmit. You need way more experience as both a technical charter and a dump artist first. You can resubmit this if you think you can send it to me under a different name and convince me it's from a different person.

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 04-15-2017 at 10:31 AM..
Old 04-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #175
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

speaking of being an incorrigible asshole I'm awaiting fixes for eurydice/blow me one last kiss/city of revelry/good day/tassa elama on/golden sky/others for review of full acceptance status. There's no rush but in most cases edit suggestions haven't been acknowledged and I don't know whether or not edits are completed/planned.

For those of you who want I can just made edits directly and then send you back a proposed revision of the chart. Which tbh is probably easier for all of us.

Also future swag is back cause it was a single release.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:31 PM   #176
Kalre
FFR Player

reviews are brutal wow
Old 04-16-2017, 04:28 PM   #177
contrapatior
Banned

https://choof.s-ul.eu/o7rQ0vlT

tell me if I should finish this geared towards this pack or if I should scrap it and do an sm5 chart for it

also send me golden sky again I accidentally nuked it
contrapatior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:05 AM   #178
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalre View Post
reviews are brutal wow
This is only the beginning...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-17-2017, 01:39 AM   #179
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalre View Post
reviews are brutal wow
my patience wanes every time I reject a file for the exact same reasons the last files were rejected

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapatior View Post
https://choof.s-ul.eu/o7rQ0vlT

tell me if I should finish this geared towards this pack or if I should scrap it and do an sm5 chart for it
do something for your pack or just regularmanias, it's not something I'd be particularly interested in getting a sub for

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapatior View Post
also send me golden sky again I accidentally nuked it
I'll pm it to you shortly with a refresher on the parts I think need attention

Funk With Me (Xeostyle) - Consider this a reject and resubmit. The second half of this chart shows some promise and is quite fun, but the first half needs significant work. You need to be able to identify places where you can make things more interesting on your own. Representing vocals with generic freezes usually won't fly here. This is something that you'll have to figure out and I can't and won't coddle you through the process, but I can give you a few starting points to look at.

7.415s- generic freeze
10.115-17.015s- you could do the buildup here completely differently
17.015s- generic freeze
17.615-19.415s- follow up the earlier buildup by doing something a little harder
29.615-37.415s- assign the trumpet some sort of note identity and layer it in with the percussion
55.415s- highlight the vocal burst here

generally speaking the buildup should feel like a buildup
if you want a prime example of what that's like look at midare's reflections chart in midare 3

basically spend more time molding the chart to the feel of the music rather than falling back onto vanilla technical layering
Old 04-17-2017, 01:56 AM   #180
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

review brutale
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote