Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 AM   #1881
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to popsicle_3000
Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
PS:

Do you honestly believe that if you were to mash an FC on this file, that this run should be significantly WORSE than yours? Do you believe that others who play accurately but miss should abandon accuracy and mash away to "improve their skill" on files? I genuinely hope not.
as much of a traditionalist I am, you have a very good point here

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
one way to stream them all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Title: Popsicle Three

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Quote:
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.
popsicle_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #1882
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

too much rage itt. that's a fairly ad hominem post so I'm just gonna say I disagree with you and leave it at that. (i could get a fairly clean FC of vs boss battle I just havent got around to it. that file is abysmal. there is nothing I regret about my Pants score) I will say though that I don't care nearly as much as you do. If the guys in charge are taking a poll here count me down as 1 for combo scoring, but if FFR makes the change to raw scoring I'm not going to quit playing. Whatever happens, happens.

Any chance we could get a lag calibration feature? Offset isn't what I'm talking about, wondering if I'll ever be able to play FFR on my HD monitor that has about 20 ms delay

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.

Last edited by ReikonKeiri; 09-13-2012 at 04:14 AM..
ReikonKeiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #1883
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri View Post
too much rage itt. that's a fairly ad hominem post so I'm just gonna say I disagree with you and leave it at that. (i could get a fairly clean FC of vs boss battle I just havent got around to it. that file is abysmal. there is nothing I regret about my Pants score) I will say though that I don't care nearly as much as you do. If the guys in charge are taking a poll here count me down as 1 for combo scoring, but if FFR makes the change to raw scoring I'm not going to quit playing. Whatever happens, happens.

Any chance we could get a lag calibration feature? Offset isn't what I'm talking about, wondering if I'll ever be able to play FFR on my HD monitor that has about 20 ms delay
I wasn't really attacking you as a person, I was really getting at your usage of boos and combo scoring as a skill handicap. Either way, obviously neither of us are changing positions.

You are right, I do care about this a lot. I find combo scoring really defeats the purpose of trying to play accurately and skillfully (in the sense of hitting the arrows when you should be). I have always felt it was a serious flaw with the engine, and I hope it gets changed in the future.

On another note...
Are you sure it isn't just flat out game lag? I've never heard of the engine running fine but having a delay like that, but if it occurs then something should be done about it.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #1884
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

with a delay that big its a monitor issue. check to see if theres a gaming mode on the monitor. also are you using a tv or an actual monitor? whats the brand/model
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #1885
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Quote:
I'd have to replay all of them to get better raw score which would not be fun in the slightest. Those files hurt my hands.
So you're basically saying that, even though there are people who have more skill and can play these files more accurately and more easily than you can, you should have a better rank than them because you mashed through the file once and then forgot about it. Uh huh.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #1886
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
That doesn't sound like lag, but rather latency. If it's something like late input from your keyboard to the actual hitting of the arrows on the screen, then it's a hardware issue that you'll have to deal with yourself.

Last edited by bmah; 09-13-2012 at 04:00 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #1887
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

It's a TV, some random insignia. There is no game mode, and there's ony enough delay to be noticable on rhythm games. Ill get like 100 goods on a song I could SDG.

and crying cause you missflagged a song and ffr says mashers are better than you is not a good argument imo. I've missflagged songs before to. It's not an occurence solely to plague the elite of FFR. If you can get 0-0-1-0 on a song and you can't get at least 2-0-0-2 the next play there's something wrong.

also this gathering opinion that I only like combo scoring because Im a masher is starting to get out of hand. I have over 1000 FCs and only have 6ish truly "mashed" FCs. Jeez, that has nothing to do with it.

edit: I used the term "lag calibration" because that's what it's called on Guitar Hero. I don't know how hard something like that would be to program, but I don't expect much since im probably the only person with this problem. the kb on my laptop is a bit better anyway so no worries.

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2

Quote:
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.

Last edited by ReikonKeiri; 09-13-2012 at 04:02 PM..
Old 09-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #1888
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

it'll be noticable delay on any game that requires precision like shooters and rhythm games. most tvs nowadays come with an option to fix the latency issue somehow and if not then you can either get an actual computer monitor. use the offset. or get a tv that actually comes with a game mode which reduces the hz from 120 or whatever your tv runs at to 60
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #1889
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

It doesnt really affect shooters. The difference between an 80ms ping and a 100ms ping is unnoticable imo. Maybe cause I'm bad.

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2

Quote:
Old 09-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #1890
foxfire667
The FFRchiver

Quote:
and crying cause you missflagged a song and ffr says mashers are better than you is not a good argument imo. I've missflagged songs before to. It's not an occurence solely to plague the elite of FFR. If you can get 0-0-1-0 on a song and you can't get at least 2-0-0-2 the next play there's something wrong.

also this gathering opinion that I only like combo scoring because Im a masher is starting to get out of hand. I have over 1000 FCs and only have 6ish truly "mashed" FCs. Jeez, that has nothing to do with it.
Crying is hardly the word for it, I was actually impressed I did so well on the file. The problem is that getting misses are such a severe punishment in FFR, than a miss-flag is actually considered a terrible run by the game. I don't get how you cannot comprehend that logically speaking, someone who gets a 0.0.1.0, should have a far superior rank than someone who merely mashed their way through a file. My best on that file is actually a 4.0.0.2, but I would MUCH rather see my 3 good CLEAN improvement on ERB be recognized as the superior score, because logically it IS the superior score.

So you say the reason why you like combo scoring is not related to mashing songs?* You have done a terrible job of showing that in your arguments so far. Okay, please defend combo scoring without mentioning something that would cause your rank to be affected by having to PA instead of mash files. I personally would like to hear why you think combo scoring is a better mechanism for determining the skills of a player than raw scoring.

*Grammar issue corrected by ReikonKeiri.

Last edited by foxfire667; 09-13-2012 at 06:54 PM..
foxfire667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #1891
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

I NEVER said it was better. Why is it so hard to believe that I like it because it's different?

Quote:
You don't like combo scoring because you are a masher?
I hope this is a typo or two because everything about this sentence is wrong.

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2

Quote:
Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #1892
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

To me if your argument for combo scoring is anything rank related you're simply an air head with a knack for the game

I agree with fox fire that the idea that someone like myself who can mash 1300+ boos Ketsarku can score better than the person who actually bothered to try and scored say 23 0 1 0 is utterly ridiculous. The idea behind raw scoring is based on how well you can actually approach the chart rather than how you can approach not missing and maintaining an alright PA and occasionally get ****** lucked into aaaing it.

It's much more impressive that say someone like Reuben_Tate can get his godly PA scores on songs like Pandora with a miss or two, but my rank of a fully mashed score still beats it in the eyes of a mistaken way to score.

Combo is important, but it shouldn't be the deciding factor of improvement. The change in your score should be the best identifier as to how much your work has paid off and not simply how well you can keep conscious of shitty sections in songs.

My more than likely confusing two cents.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #1893
foxfire667
The FFRchiver

Quote:
I NEVER said it was better. Why is it so hard to believe that I like it because it's different?
Seems rather silly keeping a scoring system that is clearly an improper way to gauge skill, just because it's different. You can like combo scoring for being different, but it shouldn't be kept because it is a bad way to rank people's results. A good example of this would be the various improvements FFR has made over the years to it's engine, such as speed mods, the average miss glitch fix, 3 frame perfect windows, or even custom key setups. I am genuinely happy that these sort of things were adapted into the engine, instead of disregarding them to be "different" from other rhythm games.

Quote:
Quote:
You don't like combo scoring because you are a masher?
I hope this is a typo or two because everything about this sentence is wrong.
I suppose my sentence could have been misinterpreted as saying that you do not like combo scoring because you do mash. In reality it should have been more like this:
"So you say the reason why you like combo scoring is not related to mashing songs?"

I apologize and will correct my post. Although, since you brought up grammar and spelling, let's take a stab at your previous post shall we?

Quote:
It's a TV, some random insignia. There is no game mode, and there's ony* enough delay to be noticable** on rhythm games. Ill*** get like 100 goods on a song I could SDG.

and**** crying cause*(5) you missflagged*(6) a song and ffr*(7) says mashers are better than you is not a good argument imo*(8). I've missflagged*(9) songs before to*(10). It's not an occurence*(11) solely to plague the elite of FFR. If you can get 0-0-1-0 on a song and you can't get at least 2-0-0-2 the next play there's something wrong.

also*(12) this gathering opinion that I only like combo scoring because Im*(13) a masher is starting to get out of hand. I have over 1000 FCs*(14) and*(15) only have 6ish truly "mashed" FCs*(16). Jeez, that has nothing to do with it.

edit: I used the term "lag calibration" because that's what it's called on Guitar Hero. I don't know how hard something like that would be to program, but I don't expect much since im*(17) probably the only person with this problem. the*(18) kb*(19) on my laptop is a bit better anyway so no worries.
*only
**noticeable
***I'll
****Starting a sentence with a preposition, and missing a capital. Revise to "Also, crying..."
*5: because
*6: miss flagged or miss-flagged
*7: FFR (abbreviations should always be capital)
*8: in my opinion (never use text lingo when being a grammar Nazi)
*9: miss flagged or miss-flagged
*10: too (also can replace it, therefore is not "to")
*11: occurrence
*12: Also
*13: I'm
*14: FC's
*15: Needs a comma before the word. Revise to "FC's, and..."
*16: FC's
*17: I'm
*18: The
*19: keyboard (never use text lingo when being a grammar Nazi)

You shouldn't try to use grammar and spelling as any sort of weight in your argument if you cannot use proper spelling or grammar yourself.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #1894
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

So what seems to be going on in thi- oh...

By the way, I'm all in for this combo scoring removal. I mean, I know it's been a part of this game since it started, but do we really need the rank to say person A who mashed a hard chart did better than person B who tried to be consistent on it?

Meh, everything that has been said is in the thread, no need to repeat.

btw: "...the engine, instead of..." A comma is not needed right there. <3 <3 <3

btw2: Just messing.

btw3: I use this size everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #1895
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Kept quiet this whole time because I didn't feel it was worth it to post things that have already been said, but I would like to say I'm in favor of removing combo scoring.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #1896
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

"Cannot" is a strong word. "Choose not" would be more appropriate. I'd be in poor shape if I couldn't use proper grammar in my college English class. That said spelling and grammar mistakes are a lot less serious than problems with sentence structure. I don't think any of my sentences could be misunderstood like that one. Regardless, I appreciate you changing it and I want you to know that was not meant to have anything to do with the debate. I was just curious what you meant. Also it should be noted that that post was typed from my iPad lol.

Also, I'm REALLY curious as to why it should be FC's and not FCs. I havent head of special cases for apostrophes that don't signal possession or a contraction in 21 years. Not calling you wrong, just wondering.

I'll cave here cause other than the next inevitable post from foxfire calling me an idiot I don't want to argue anymore. It's really a stretch to say I'm leaning either way on this issue. It's more like 51-49 in favor of combo scoring so if the mods like the idea, go for it. There's good things about both styles.

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2

Quote:
Old 09-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #1897
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob

Send a message via Skype™ to popsicle_3000

I've made a thread and poll for the scoring discussion. Probably better to move the discussion there
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=125847

Quote:
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
one way to stream them all
Quote:
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Title: Popsicle Three

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Quote:
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.
popsicle_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #1898
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

double charts for multiplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #1899
FFR Pro 21
FFR R1 Vaporeon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FFR Pro 21

I was thinking of a suggestion for the Top 100 AAAs page. How about adding a Top 100 Token AAAs list and a Top 100 Overall AAAs list?
FFR Pro 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #1900
jprox445
FFR Player

Don't know if this was ever mentioned in the past or if this is already possible but if not, would it be possible to have a new feature that would enable us to reclaim an accidentally deleted replay?

like say if you had the 5 digit code in the [replay] box maybe we could get them back? if we submitted them to a missing/deleted replay thread?
jprox445 is offline   Reply With Quote