Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 07-25-2020, 10:24 PM   #1
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Dissidia Opera Omnia (Final Fantasy mobile game)

Anyone play this game? I picked it up a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it. It's a spinoff of the Dissidia Final Fantasy fighting games for PSP and PS4, but this is a turn-based JRPG. The roster is over 100 characters(!!!) all from the franchise and you can pick which ones to focus on-- characters you like, look cool, or "meta" characters are all valid.

This game is "stamina-less", meaning that you can always engage in content without having to wait on stupid timers that restrict progress. There IS one specific set of content with a stamina system, but the majority of the game is totally free to play at your own pace.

There is SO MUCH content here, you won't run out for a few weeks if you went through it all at once. There are multiple character progression systems: regular EXP/leveling, "Crystal Strength" wherein you exchange item drops to grant horizontal progression, "Training Boards" where you exchange points to purchase unique buffs and abilities. In practice, you're collecting a huge number of "passive abilities" to fully pimp your party out. It's easy to get a character "good" but increasingly difficult to get a character "perfect." This also comes into play with the Weapon/Armor system, which is the foundation of the gacha system here.

It's a gacha game but the game is extremely generous with currency and free draws so you do NOT need to spend money to reach endgame with a solid team. (However, it certainly DOES help if you want to hypermax certain specific characters.) You perform draws to get rare weapons-- each weapon gives a unique buff to a certain character in the game if they use it. If you hypermax a weapon, the character learns the ability permanently, and then you can recycle the gacha weapon to harvest valuable materials.

Each gacha banner gives you a free 10+1 pull and you get around 1~2 banners per week. (More now because of a summer event.) If you REALLY want a certain weapon but have bad luck, each 10+1 pull gives you a unique currency that you can use to straight-up buy banner weapons.

The game is fair with the gacha, it's fun to actually play, and most of the game doesn't use a stamina system, plus it's populated with dozens of unique characters from the series. If you like any of the Final Fantasy games this is a good one to check out. Even if you don't, the gameplay and progression systems are sophisticated enough to keep you min-maxing for a long time. (The game's story makes no assumptions about if you've played any of the games and also does not spoil any of the games. The characters have short introductions that give you enough to work with to understand their stories, but there are also Easter Eggs for players who HAVE played some of them.)

The game might be overwhelming at first, with all the different progression systems and battle mechanics, so if you have any questions you can post them here or DM me. It's a deep game mechanically speaking.

[My user ID is 758754546 if you want to be friends; my friend unit is an almost MLB Aphmau but I can switch it to MLB Penelo if you want a pimp bravery battery.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 07-25-2020 at 10:30 PM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:51 PM   #2
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dissidia Opera Omnia (Final Fantasy mobile game)

nice ad but i'm actually downloading this now rofl
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:15 AM   #3
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This sounds fun. Is it a huge time commitment?
Old 07-26-2020, 03:23 AM   #4
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
This sounds fun. Is it a huge time commitment?
Nah it doesn't have to be. As far as dailies go, it's just "do 5 quests" and (optionally) spend your stamina for one dungeon when it's full. Aside from that you can just go at your own pace.

EDIT: The total time it takes for the above things is like 10-30 minutes depending on what you do for them. The game can be a bit grindy if you're going for optimal play but that's by no means necessary to do most of the stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
nice ad but i'm actually downloading this now rofl
ee nice! if you don't have a preference for any characters, my recommendation is to focus any characters you get an EX weapon for from the gacha.

From the banners right now, I'd focus on getting something for Sazh, Quistis, or Aranea--- those are used pretty frequently. And if you get a good weapon for one of them, that character will be able to carry you through a big part of the early game and lead to efficient farming.

But yeah any character's EX weapon is gonna be good. In most cases it elevates their character to SS tier.

Edit for clarity: Right now each character has three 5* gacha weapons: the weakest is called an "affinity weapon", then there's the "unique weapon" that only one character can use, and then there's the EX weapon, which grants the character a powerful command ability.

If you wanted to hypermax a character you'll need all three of them, but the good news is that you can purchase affinity and unique weapons using an in-game currency directly. At the moment only the EX weapons are gacha-only but it shouldn't be too hard to get at least one of them from like the 10 free 10+1 pulls you get at the start of the game, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 07-26-2020 at 03:35 AM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:35 AM   #5
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I tend to play all gachas as niap and if possible, just staying away from pulling gacha entirely
I absolutely cannot get past the ui and the art style tho, sorry bub
choof is offline   Reply With Quote