Old 10-7-2016, 01:08 PM   #1
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Default Elaborate Tournament Idea

TL;DR I'm making a tournament between 3 different games are you guys interested?

---

Okay, so currently I'm part of 3 fairly decent/small sized communities for different games: r/NHLHUT, r/RockBand, and FFR. I spend a huge amount of time on all 3 of these communities and I'm happy to say that I love posting in these communities.

That said, I've always thought of a way to try and unite all of these communities together. I ran multiple tournaments on FFR and also attempted to do a Rock Band League, so the idea of tournaments has intrigued me. I started thinking about this once /u/13randonH brought up the possibility of an r/NHLHUT tourney. It made me wonder if it was possible to run a tournament made up of members of all the different games that are all on one team.

Keep in mind that this is an idea. Nothing is finalized yet and I'll only host this if all the communities would want to do something like this.

---

Team Setup

Each team would have one of each of the following:

• 1 r/NHLHUT Player from XOne

• 1 r/NHLHUT Player from PS4

• 1 r/RockBand drummer

• 1 r/RockBand guitarist

• 1 r/RockBand Vocalist (a)

• And an undetermined number of FFR Players (b)

(a): There isn't too many vocalists, so it'll depend on participation.

(b): FFR has a HUGE skill difference between players and the number of players from there will depend on interest from each of the divisions they have for skill.

---

Tournament Setup

The tournament would consist of a set number of rounds, with each round lasting a week. Because all of the games are vastly different, each of them will have their own requirements for that week. The goal is for each game to count equally for the team, so this is subject to change.

NHLHU: HUT players will have to play 3 opponents from the league per week. A win is worth 2 points, a loss is worth 0, but an OTL is worth 1 point. Settings should be set to NHL Rules.

Rock Band: For Rock Band you will be given 3 random songs to play each week. DLC IS NOT IN THIS TOURNAMENT simply because it'll allow more people to participate in the tournament. The team with the most cumulative points between all songs and all band members will get max points, with points going down by one each placement.

FFR: Unlike Rock Band guys, FFR only will be required to play 1 song. Scoring will be based off of Raw Scoring. Dependent on how many players there are from FFR, the highest combined total from each team will earn max points, and dwindle down just like the Rock Band guys.

Once all the total points are added up, the team with the most overall will get 10 points towards their tournament score, with scores going down by one from there

---

Prizes

Let's be honest, this is the section most people will care about. Prizes would be determined based off of interest in the tournament. The prizes will most likely be a gift card for a TBD amount of your choice. This could change, but the reward will most likely not be for in game players/songs/currency.

---

Want to Help?

If this is something people want to do, I'll need help from you guys to make sure everything goes smoothly. I'd like to have at least 1 PS4 NHL player, 1 Rock Band PS4 player, and 1 FFR User to help me out. It's not necessary if you guys want this to happen, but it'll make it a ton easier. If you are interested, please PM me on Reddit or on FFR.

---

Team Communication/Formation

As stated earlier this is the main reason why I wanted to start this idea. I want to unite these communities together to do something fun. That being said, communication and forming teams can be hard to do when talking between different communities. If this does become a thing, I will set up a discord server and invite everyone interested in joining this tournament. That way everyone has 1 spot to talk to everyone and make teams.

---

I think that pretty much sums it up. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask. If you think that this idea is garbage, please provide input and I'll see if something can be changed.

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you got this far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2016, 01:15 PM   #2
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Elaborate Tournament Idea

I just mentally made a venn diagram consisting of the # of players making up those three games and I can't help but think the common region in the middle contains a value of 1
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2016, 01:25 PM   #3
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

I wonder who the one is /s

But honestly I just thought of the idea and I think it could work.

Btw I just copypasted this from Reddit that's why it has the info for the other games as well.
Quote:
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Quote:

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Old 10-7-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i dont play either of the other 2 games, nor do i actually own a ps4 or xbone, but i'd be down to fiffer.

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
PhantomPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2016, 03:07 PM   #5
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

I o_O'd at this including NHL lol, but it sounds like a cool idea.

We have done this before for things like smash, have a tourney where you play a set of smash 64, melee and project M (or brawl if you roll that way), so it could work in theory.

I think you should make it so the games are more related though to be honest, my suggestion would be like FFR, osu standard and maybe like 7k or 6k? Dunno though.
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2016, 03:20 PM   #6
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
I o_O'd at this including NHL lol, but it sounds like a cool idea.

We have done this before for things like smash, have a tourney where you play a set of smash 64, melee and project M (or brawl if you roll that way), so it could work in theory.

I think you should make it so the games are more related though to be honest, my suggestion would be like FFR, osu standard and maybe like 7k or 6k? Dunno though.
It's the 3 games I mainly play. You won't be competing in every game, you guys would most likely be playing FFR for your team.
Quote:
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Quote:

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more