Old 09-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #121
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CI: Fiction's Birthday Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
btw pete, aren't you quick to ensure a kill now
are you listening to yourself? someone will be lynched. I don't need to ensure anything.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #122
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballa18 View Post
Danceguy, unless I'm misreading something again a tattle would not confirm someone's role. There is a human who seers non-human and a wolf who seers human. I'm kinda confused about your post, I'm sure you're aware of those two roles since we were just talking about them.
to me, you take the odds. if the target is announced red, you lynch. if the target is announced notred, you don't consider lynching unless/until you reach lynch-or-lose.

waiting for the MW or the miller to die and get flipped does sound like a good idea. the longer you wait, though, the odds of the tattletale getting wolfed go up. would be a bummer to not even get to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
TT is basically more a malediction than a blessing, even if he reveals and we direct his seer, it's basically one more confirmed townie for wolves not to care about. The wolves are more concerned about heading straight for the mom right now. Should he not use his role, he's adding to the probability of a wolf not hitting a major component of team town.
1) the tattletale doesn't need to reveal ever. tattletale should wait until close to being lynched to reveal, just like any other blue.
2) if the tattle target gets announced as town, that person could be red, green, or blue. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW. until you know.

Quote:
Like I said, we should force the TT to act if he is about to get lynched, apart from that he should just cruise around unnoticed and use it later when the time comes.
this is a really good point. the tattletale can reveal if close to being lynched, and we lynch someone else. even if wolves target the tattletale the following night, the tattletale can use it.

Quote:
Whether the role is used or not is superfluous worry for the context of Day 1.
I don't get this? using it > not using it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
PizzaguY; Plz nobody order pizza. we don't want pizza now or on day2. We should know when we want pizza. When the time is right we will order pizza. this whole planning when we're going to be hungry thing isn't smart guys.
not sure how serious this was but I don't see any harm in planning it.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #123
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
are you listening to yourself? someone will be lynched. I don't need to ensure anything.
Au contraire Pete, you are a bit angsty about the lynch. All I'm just saying is to take a step back, unwine yourself and enjoy the party. Until you are sure, don't rush things~

Old 09-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #124
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:

this is a really good point. the tattletale can reveal if close to being lynched, and we lynch someone else. even if wolves target the tattletale the following night, the tattletale can use it.

uhh no it is not a really good point. obviously close to being lynched they would use it, you know just like any other blue. the part about cruising around unnoticed is bad, hey lets just have an entire team of UTR wolves like last game, but you know it's cool because theyre probably the tattletale.

im assuming your last sentence means that the tattletale claimed to avoid lynch and is going to use it? yes thanks

danceguy is so weird
Old 09-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #125
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

"Well some kids sure are being naughty!" Mom said passively. Bombs don't belong in cakes! I should do something about this...

"Does that mean we can't party anymore?" Said the sad, sad girl...

"Like I give a fuck Wendy! You are not my kid! Keep on partying!"

"Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!"

==========================================
Jrodd - (2) - Vendetta21, Danceguy117
Danceguy - (2) James May, J-rodd123
James May - (1) - YoshL
Charu - (1) - Crazyjayde
Vendetta21 - (0) - James May

==========================================

Old 09-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #126
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

danceguy im not sure you're a wolf but what is your angle this game lol, it really is not a good look
Old 09-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #127
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

why is it that half of you want to be reckless and the other half want to be too careful?

We're going to lose blues along the way. Does that mean confirming someone as green this early helps? no.

This is what we know: the tattle can come out and say he is the tattle. This enables two things: 1) anyone can fake tattle is they think the tattle is dead. 2) the tattle can't get lynched.

Can we not worry about how the tattle is going to use his ability? A confirmed humans won't help right now anyway. All of this info is good when we have created enough context that a confirmation will reveal better information. I swear to god if I see a public cardflip any time soon I am going to murder someone.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #128
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
so james what's up with your random votes looking really not random, a.k.a. scooting around in the shadow of j-rodd's reasoning?
What are you talking about?

Old 09-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #129
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
why is it that half of you want to be reckless and the other half want to be too careful?

We're going to lose blues along the way. Does that mean confirming someone as green this early helps? no.

This is what we know: the tattle can come out and say he is the tattle. This enables two things: 1) anyone can fake tattle is they think the tattle is dead. 2) the tattle can't get lynched.

Can we not worry about how the tattle is going to use his ability? A confirmed humans won't help right now anyway. All of this info is good when we have created enough context that a confirmation will reveal better information. I swear to god if I see a public cardflip any time soon I am going to murder someone.
hey mason you're really different right now too, what should I make of this? usually you like chaos, but maybe you're being well behaved since it isssssss ur birthday
Old 09-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #130
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

beggars can't be choosers jrodddd
Old 09-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #131
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Meh my angle is no passive neutral dawdling let's start playing right now.

I didn't say anything about anyone playing utr. I meant that, unlike other blues, tattletale can reveal and then use with no threat of getting wolfed and losing the opportunity
Old 09-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #132
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

wow are you calling this masonry off? I can mason with svaz instead
Old 09-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #133
FictionJunction
FFR Player

did NOBODY like my explanations? jesus
Old 09-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #134
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Quote:
Oh, it's a human/non-human seering. THAT'S BORING.

oops.
nevermind.
CLARIFICATION:

I'm sorry, I really seemed to have been unclear. The Tattle will give a cardflip, possibly exposing ANYONE.

Sorry everyone, my fault. I'll gtfo now.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #135
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

yeah it was coooooooool, best point was about pizzaguy - it felt right
Old 09-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #136
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Quote:
not sure how serious this was but I don't see any harm in planning it.
the pizza guy should be playing by reading what we're posting and being aware of what's happening. When he is called he should be called because we trust him to make a decision because he's been watching from afar. It's like a phone a friend in millionaire.

Having a confirmed green isn't going to help us just because he's green. Nobody can come out to him so he serves no real purpose. He comes in to offer his thoughts. You keep him far away because you need him to not be involved.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #137
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Vote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #138
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

I get why waiting a while for pizza could be cool. Planning to do that is still planning. Better to be on the same page about it so one person doesn't make the decision for everyone too early
Old 09-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #139
FictionJunction
FFR Player

yeah but at least I'm not anticipating our meltdowns
Old 09-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #140
Krauthammer
FFR Player

I think the pizza guy shouldn't be called in a concrete phase. I think it should be more of when he is really needed, based on the number of humans left.

I'd like to point that it seems there is no Jealous Bastard who cardflips human. Even the Super one will cardflip, as, judging by the roles, he only appears as human when eavesdropped or revealed publicly via Tattletale. And the Troublemaker appears as non-human when eavesdropped or tattled.

So I think that this means that the cardflips at the end of a phase are pretty much trustable, unless I'm seriously misinterpreting the role descriptions.

@Xiz, could you confirm that I'm right in this? Does the false human or non-human seerings carry in the cardflip, or do they appear as their true role?

Now, supposing I'm right, wolves need to kill like six human players in order to win without losing any of their partners. So I think that a good moment to call the pizza guy would be after three humans die. It would make it like...Night 3. Then the pizza guy would be ready to play on Day 3.

I'll also point that I'm sure that the Pizza guy does count as one of the remaining humans, after he is summoned, which gives a second chance. Numbers-wise, it'd be like one of the human deaths never happened.

If a wolf is killed, then it would delay a bit more the summoning of the pizza player.

That is what I think.