Old 07-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #881
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
TF seems like he would be pretty lame in high ELO games because of his ultimate and his gold card. I mean, all of his cards are good but the stun and damage on gold is kind of retarded and in combination with his ultimate you can snipe any stragglers and immediately be in good position in any fight.
That's the point rofl.

Quote:
Do people usually do AP builds with TF though? Is there a difference between going AP and going AD? It seems like he could do both so I'm really confused as to what items to purchase with him.
AD mean you're a standard carry champion. This is totally a fine build for TF. However, AP has gotten popular because of how well AP + Lich Bane synchronizes with his skills, and the initial burst makes him really strong when he starts out in a fight. Since the Q spell has such a large range, it also works amazingly well for poking.

Quote:
As for Rumble, maxing his flame as fast as possible seems best, followed by his stun, though a level in his defensive definitely helps. He seems particularly annoying because his laning is amazing (Uh yeah the 'skill' argument for last killed minions is definitely not a factor when playing rumble, more like QQQQQQ) in combination with the fact that he's kind of a tank+DPS lol
Last hitting minions is always one of the most significant factors in determining your power throughout the game because you only get stronger in two ways: level and itemization.

Rumble's laning is decent, but if your opponent's are smart enough and have the right setup, you still can't touch them. Rumble shines because of his tankiness and damage output, but mostly the ability to lock on to champions and chase them down while controlling large areas and zoning.

Quote:
I see the benefit of getting Zeal/Phantom before going Whisper (which you most definitely want eventually), but in an ideal situation wouldn't you rather skip DB? The faster you get IE the stronger Ashe ends up being, though I definitely see the benefit of getting DB since laning with Ashe can be hard before IE.

I'm guessing it's probably lane specific.
The difference between boots and a Doran's Blade is 125 gold, which is equivalent to about 5 minion kills. 5 minions is nothing compared to the advantage you gain over your boots early game. In addition, strictly speaking in terms of costs, Doran's items are the most efficient in the entire game. Relatively speaking, that's an exceptionally good investment, since you don't need to sell it until you need that last item slot, which isn't until late game.

One of the most important components of the Doran's Blade, however, is the health bonus you get. It seems weird to build health on a carry instead of damage, but picture this. When you get ganked, what matters the most and determines whether you live or die is the initial burst damage dealt to you. If you can make it back to your tower you're fine. 100 health is a lot, and gives you a lot more survivability. Laning is also dangerous without this health bonus because some champions can poke really hard if they catch you off-guard, and if you're too low on health you can't stay in lane and get that health back, you'd have to recall. Doran's Blade overall is a much safer investment than boots that will improve your presence as well as sustainability and survivability.

You do want to get your Infinity Edge quickly, but don't assume it's "as fast as humanly possible." Pushing it back 500-1000 gold can be advantageous because you can make use of that effectively, while Infinity Edge doesn't scale too hard until you get more crit chance.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 07-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #882
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

When I run Ashe I always start out with DB.
The lifesteal and damage give her much more of a lane presence, making it easier to farm minions as well as adding damage to your volley. I typically grab zerks after that, then get back to laning until a BF sword.
Once Ashe gets BF she is extremely utilizable for ganks, I find that attempting to do much but just poke prior to this usually ends up bad.

My build goes:
Doran's Blade>Berserker's Greaves>B.F. Sword>Zeal>Infinity Edge>Vampiric Sceptre>Phantom Dancer>Bloodthirster>Black Cleaver>Then either Banshee's Veil or GA depending on how the game is playing.
This is obviously just a generalized build, and you would of course want to grab a Last Whisper if they have lots of armor.

On a side note, Cho'Gath and Annie are just completely ridiculous in a lane together.
And try Gangplank, Nunu, and Leona in 3s.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #883
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Unfortunately, the last hitting minions thing really does suck. Especially when you're playing a character that does very little damage from auto-attacks. Minions usually get the last hit. And if you're laning with a partnet that has a strong auto-attack? Yeah, your gold pile is bone dry.
There's a few cases for gaining gold through farming:
- Your auto-attack rules: no problems.
- You're a caster: Occasionally use your spells, but last hitting with auto-attacks is usually not that bad. As Heimerdinger with auto-attacks and the occasional rockets I can usually hit 100 CS by 12-13 minutes.
- You're a caster with a really bad auto-attack: Like I said, auto-attacks are USUALLY not that bad. But if they are (such as Fiddlesticks) then chances are that champion is better jungling.
- You're a support: Farming is not your job. Your laning partner should be getting all that farm to be super strong. Grab gold items instead.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #884
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

the last two pages of this thread were unreadable
if you're going to complain about last hitting just buy a pick or something it only takes 20+ minutes for it to pay itself back (note: this is actually me making fun of the fact that gp10 items are useless)

Last edited by FFR4EVA_00; 07-19-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Old 07-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #885
FFRGreen
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to FFRGreen Send a message via Skype™ to FFRGreen

I have like 23 fps with a touchpad and I last hit just fine I don't get why you guys are complaining.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #886
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
You're a caster with a really bad auto-attack: Like I said, auto-attacks are USUALLY not that bad. But if they are (such as Fiddlesticks) then chances are that champion is better jungling.
That's my problem, haha. I use Fiddlesticks (<3 him), and his auto-attack is about as powerful as a fart. I've never jungled before, so I should probably give that a try.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #887
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

as fiddle, the way you farm is by throwing crows around and draining the cannon guys
also, because most casters have an auto attack with a pretty good range, and fiddle is no exception, you can pick up kills on minions with very low hp that are further away from you
when jungling it comes down to drain the shit out of everything
keep in mind that using ANYTHING while draining, including smite, immediately cancels the drain

there are no op champs, only bad ones
everything seperating LoL's engine from that of another moba makes it impossible to balance
Old 07-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #888
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR4EVA_00 View Post
as fiddle, the way you farm is by throwing crows around and draining the cannon guys
Yeah, I've been doing that. The crows do help, especially late game. Draining almost always nets me the kill, but sometimes the occasional minion will get the last hit while I'm draining.

Quote:
also, because most casters have an auto attack with a pretty good range, and fiddle is no exception, you can pick up kills on minions with very low hp that are further away from you
I've been trying. Sometimes I'll get there and the minion will die just before my attack hits him. Sometimes I hit him and leave a tiny bit of health, which gets taken by a minion before I can hit him again.

Quote:
when jungling it comes down to drain the shit out of everything
Haha, I'll keep that in mind. XD

Quote:
keep in mind that using ANYTHING while draining, including smite, immediately cancels the drain
I know... I found that out the hard way when I first started playing him.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #889
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
I've been trying. Sometimes I'll get there and the minion will die just before my attack hits him. Sometimes I hit him and leave a tiny bit of health, which gets taken by a minion before I can hit him again.
Practice and you'll get the rhythm down.

But it's probably not worth practicing on some champs. :P

Old 07-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #890
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

btw apparently average ranked elo is like 900 so by that metric 90% of all lol players are noobs (i attempted to count all non-30s but that might be impossible)

Last edited by FFR4EVA_00; 07-19-2011 at 05:55 PM..
Old 07-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #891
masuat
FFR Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3n_NsvGZSg
Old 07-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #892
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

omg masuat posted on ffr

is this Rael Life ??
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #893
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

Lol you guys complaining about the LoL community... you clearly have never played any online PC games before. The communities are always ass. DotA and HoN are FAR worse than LoL.
Also rofl at the last hitting complaints... it just takes practice. Play more and you'll be great at it, regardless of the champion. I almost always get the most minion kills in a game cause I practice last hitting a lot.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #894
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
The straw that broke the camels back was that I was playing on a smurf account so I could learn to pvp against people closer to my skill level (I got to lvl20 on my main without doing pvp at all) and other smurfs were tearing these newbies apart in the chatbox, usually completely unprovoked. This game lasted about 45 minutes.

And no, you can't turn off the chatbox. Dear lord I wish there was an option to close it. I was looking for one within ten minutes of my first game.
Sucks that you had that experience, man. It's amazing the amount of ragers/trolls in smurf accounts.

The best way to play is with a friend so that you can laugh it off or get some sort of revenge.

Solo queue is a tough crowd almost no matter what.

e: lasting hitting gets easier if you think of it as a rhythm game.

e2: late to the party but sucks that Chauster/CLG got the hose at NESL shit. f that

Last edited by bluguerrilla; 07-19-2011 at 06:47 PM..
Old 07-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #895
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
The straw that broke the camels back was that I was playing on a smurf account so I could learn to pvp against people closer to my skill level (I got to lvl20 on my main without doing pvp at all) and other smurfs were tearing these newbies apart in the chatbox, usually completely unprovoked. This game lasted about 45 minutes.
I am usually ashamed of when I rage at someone, but once I just shamelessly let loose on this Singed when he raged at the new players on his team. He expected a guy playing Warwick, who has clearly played no more than 5 games, to know when to take smite and how it would be utilized in the jungle. He admitted to being 1350 ELO on his main, so I just aimed the full force of my rage ion cannon at him. I died twice because I was just so focused on typing about how much of a trash person he was; I didn't give a shit, and we still won anyway.

That said, you can turn off chat, albeit indirectly. Just type /ignore all

Last edited by Arch0wl; 07-19-2011 at 08:12 PM..
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 AM   #896
FFRGreen
FFR Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yXexdKicfc
Old 07-20-2011, 03:44 AM   #897
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

whao when the **** did this thread get active

ps. anyone want to play on euro servers with me im in africa and get 550 ping to us servers
Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 AM   #898
FFRGreen
FFR Veteran

this was always active O.o
Old 07-20-2011, 03:56 AM   #899
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

wawt da fak macgravel is playing now too why the **** all you negroes show up now

is everyone still hanging out in that ffr chat channel or you guys on the kbo vent or w.e

we all need to play

current smurf on the us servers= scatplaykatarina if you guys want to add me
Old 07-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #900
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

goddammit minacious will you stop being a ****** and play with us more often

Closed Thread