Old 05-8-2019, 08:28 PM   #1221
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
does he need to?
You don't want him to defend you?

Besides I want to see how much he believes in wrong. Won't be a hard case to make if hes been feeling ive made no sense the entire time regardless of if I agree with him or not

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-8-2019, 08:28 PM   #1222
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
and also, antori, I haven't voted for you
i thought you voted and unvoted me or was it someone else

Old 05-8-2019, 08:31 PM   #1223
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

not gonna speak for gradiant, but I'm gonna speak on what I think he would think
if he has the impression that you're tunneling on me, what makes him think he will be able to convince you otherwise if you're shown such resistance to any of my defenses?

antori, I voted raeko at start of day and then unvoted recently
Old 05-8-2019, 08:35 PM   #1224
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

antori, please remember that in a lot of cases i'm trying to read the game state as what i can conclude from knowing my own role

i'm curious to know what you think your out to the day is

i'll respond more substantively to the cases in a sec because there's some stuff in there for sure
Old 05-8-2019, 08:35 PM   #1225
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
not gonna speak for gradiant, but I'm gonna speak on what I think he would think
Which is speakingcfor him but ok?

QUOTE=roundbox;4674036]f he has the impression that you're tunneling on me, what makes him think he will be able to convince you otherwise if you're shown such resistance to any of my defenses?

antori, I voted raeko at start of day and then unvoted recently[/quote]

Oh I want him to answer that so I can see what his deal is.

It would be a pretty sweet bonus if he somehow convinced me that your town in the process, but considering that I am openly accusing him of only having that opinion because he hasnt read my posts that closely, I kind of doubt he has any solid argument for your case.

But hey I do promise to hear him out if it makes you feel better

Old 05-8-2019, 08:35 PM   #1226
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Well good sir please consider the following:

1 votes early in day mean nothing

2 bussing is a real thing should you not believe point 1

3 you voting an outed town cop makes no sense if you're town? Especially before a massclaim?
1. by that logic all reads from people that give lean mean nothing aswell gg

2.he seemed very confident on his vote on me

3.you voting an outed 1-shot roleblocker makes no sense either, this whole setup makes no sense and you know it

Quote:
I mean if you want me to go back and mutiquote your initial push on me to death on my phone right now I guess I could but it reeked of wolf wanting to see if he could lynch a power role when I read it last night, and to be honest you are the type of player I wouldn't put past to try
actually trying this hard

Old 05-8-2019, 08:36 PM   #1227
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Roundbox being concerned about Gradiant, who's defending him, making a solid case defending him is sus

But y'all didn't need me to say that right?

Old 05-8-2019, 08:37 PM   #1228
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Roundbox who's your vote on right now?

Old 05-8-2019, 08:40 PM   #1229
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
i don't see roundbox specifically forcing you to hardclaim. it'd be like if ffa had hardclaimed and he was mad at everybody that was voting him. It's also reasonable for people to ask you about your check with that claim (in the case of indheart)
tbh, I saw the video was tekken with people fighting and i closed out of it before the handcuffs
Quote:
that made me think about my thoughts on rb/mellon again actually, with my pov being that between the two of them, I'd vote mellon first. people would switch votes off of someone saying they're a cop, but mellon's reaction after the fact is bad.
Quote:
also yes, the point of a soft is that it isn't obvious. but to then beat it down people's throats like 'oh yeah did you read this one specific post, did you, huh?' is a bit much. that takes away from the genuinity of it a bit when you're making sure that people read it rather than just pointing it out after the hardclaim. You also weren't on xel about it, or mellon.
Quote:
TownBox could push after seeing a soft if I'm his top wolf, but read progression of his post EoD. Also remember that he ADMITS that me pointing out the post is more of a hardclaim so from Townbox's Point of View there he is still doing with a pretty solid cop claim and choices to keep his vote until I just out right say it, in which it's too obviously antitownto push. I do not buy this world

You know, for someone who whined and whined about my soft being too hard to see (which features a fictional police officer, a video of said fictional police officer in a fucking Police Story parody, and invisible text saying that I have a lot in common with Lei, aside from the fact that we have nothing in common the more you think about it) you sure have presented me with a weak ass soft. Even reading that as a soft it doesn't have any new context then you just filling space.

In what game has anyone EVER softed a block anyway? Is there a precedent for that? If there isn't, why did you decide to break tradition and do so now? Why did you wait until a massclaim was underway instead of claiming and using your soft when I pressured you, instead of appeal to emotions?
1) Perhaps, but I'm also looking at it from the angle I was doing regarding ffa. You've got somebody probably not playing the best so they've got votes on them but they've also got a thing about them that makes you question your thoughts. ffa was playing like shit but he could've been cop with red check on indheart based on how he was acting towards him. you threw out a soft which most people might not've gotten because of what i had posted earlier about closing out when i saw tekken, but then how you reacted after the fact with making sure that everybody read that one single post made it seem not so genuine as it could be

2) It doesn't matter whatsoever whether anybody else in any other game has softed a block. I'm not gonna touch the whole precedent thing because i don't remember the games with roundbox where he may or may not have softed a role. Also no real need to claim right at the start of the phase either which is when he was posting. I personally would've claimed with the other people doing a massclaim, which is when he did it when he did come back into the thread.

Quote:
Anyways, argument for rb needing to claim in that eod is moot since there was no reason for him to claim there, and the point about rb already looking bad so this just being some gamble is also a bit bull because well yeah, when you've got claims, anybody that hasn't claimed or isn't a green from a supposed claim is gonna look bad. that's how poe works. And see how rb wasn't there, and then when he was, he claimed. Wasn't like he was just hanging around here posting and ignoring that people were claiming roles. Really seems like you're grasping at straws here so you get to keep your scum read on rb. Not saying you're for sure lying here by saying that, but you could chill a bit.
Yeah I agree though, I've been totally ignoring all the points against roundbox
Old 05-8-2019, 08:41 PM   #1230
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

it's an unvote as I've stated twice now (three if you count my actual vote)

you're suffering from tunnel syndrome if you think me talking about gradiant is actively suspicious
it seems like there's nothing I can do this point to convince you that I am town
you've made up your mind, and you're sticking to it

it sounds similar to what I did yesterday with my scumread on you
look at me now, not voting you or suspecting you at all
Old 05-8-2019, 08:41 PM   #1231
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i'm curious to know what you think your out to the day is
my plan is to lynch MML and if he flips wolf I'm RBing gradiant and if he flips town I'm RBing either haku or shado, honestly any input on either would be great because i feel like neither of them can be wolf from how they play

Old 05-8-2019, 08:44 PM   #1232
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Ok

Antori Roundbox unvoted you awhile ago by his own admission making me correct on point 1 and you stretching on point 2.

Now as for point 3: quote me where I voted you

(I didn't)

Old 05-8-2019, 08:47 PM   #1233
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:

(I didn't)
you're planning to though, you have me on your wolf list even though i hardclaimed

Old 05-8-2019, 08:49 PM   #1234
Gradiant

Quote:
It would be a pretty sweet bonus if he somehow convinced me that your town in the process, but considering that I am openly accusing him of only having that opinion because he hasnt read my posts that closely, I kind of doubt he has any solid argument for your case.

But hey I do promise to hear him out if it makes you feel better
You're kinda acting like early game shado, making the game not fun
Old 05-8-2019, 08:50 PM   #1235
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Ok

Antori Roundbox unvoted you awhile ago by his own admission making me correct on point 1 and you stretching on point 2.

(I didn't)
I never voted for antoriiiiiiiiiii
Old 05-8-2019, 08:50 PM   #1236
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
@InDheart you got your roleblocker claim and you still vote me?(keep in mind i claimed before the actual roleblocker)
you're not an actual roleblocker?

Quote:
so we have 2 cop claims that's CCCC and Roleblocker+ 1-shot that's BB that leaves us with 1T and that's wolf cop wolf blocker Godfather and a Serial killer

let's consider this in practice abit:
Serial killer either got roleblocked everyday(Gradiant/Daikyi being wolf) and having the wolf blocker block one of them on the other day, or they decided to not kill and i dont think that's the case in either of them but let's keep considering this, all the PRs in the game are already claimed and all evil roles claimed VT or are unclaimed which leaves inDheart/shado as only peopel not seered add in the Serial killer role and this becomes out of the question.

that means one of the PR claims has to be lying, the setup is either 2T or 3T in that case

let's take the case of 2T:
this is the case where I'm apparently wolf and in this case we have the only possible team being me and shado but who is the Serial Killer here?? you? serial killer also gets red check
two things:
you can't rule out 1T because the serial killer is also investigation-immune. it would make me and shado lock wolves and then you know the godfather and sk are hiding in the vt claims. here's the bits from the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
A Serial Killer, if present, will always be both Investigation Immune and have a 1-shot Bulletproof Vest.

--snip--

Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Serial Killer.
Abilities:

Investigation Immune: You will appear as "Green" to any alignment checks.
Passive Nightkill Immunity: You will survive a single attempt on your life, losing the 1-shot Bulletproof Vest if such an action occurs. You will be informed that your Vest was shot at if such an action occurs.
Kill: Each night phase, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them.
Win condition:

You win when you are the last player alive, or if you and exactly one mafia member is alive, or if nothing can prevent either situation from occurring.
the 2T case, from other players' perspective, is less clear. shado and i can both be wolves, or it could be only one of us and the godfather is green checked. shado and i are lock wolf to each other. 2T has no serial killer. in this setup you are a lock wolf because you're the only claim whose role is worth a single letter

Quote:
ok now take a look at 3T:
this is the case where Hakulyte/MML are the wolf and this is where things get complicated and this is where things start to make sense because this means some of the green checks are false and this is necessary
assume Hakulyte is wolf, that means daikyi and raeko green check are false and with that we have inDheart/daikyi/shado/raeko with 2 of them being evil roles

ok now how about the case of MML being wolf? that means only Gradiant check alone is false and that gives us raeko/Gradiant/shado with two of them being evil roles

i think everyone here forgot about the whole lynching antori means there is infact a Serial killer without a doubt so take that into consideration

now if you take a look at who pushed on who and who could be the wolf teams you'll see where my vote on MML is coming from in my previous post
ok so never mind my question, you did find your out to the day. i think your second grouping there, in the case that mml's a wolf, is wrong; it needs me at least (because i'm disconnected from both the cop claims). these setups don't really have definitive godfather pools far as i can tell so it may just be playing twg after that

wait, did you realize SK gets green checked in thinking out this one? maybe i don't understand your grouping

Quote:
????

why would i RC him and not NK??? if i apparently got RBed AND I'm wolf then you're saying roundbox RBed me???

inDheart please put more thought into your posts
you wouldn't have known he was a role, but role copping him would tell you he was, and also being blocked would tell you the setup has a blocker
Old 05-8-2019, 08:51 PM   #1237
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i was the one who voted/unvoted antori

if i need to change my avatar so it's better distinguishable from roundbox's lmk
Old 05-8-2019, 08:53 PM   #1238
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i was the one who voted/unvoted antori

if i need to change my avatar so it's better distinguishable from roundbox's lmk
BRB, gotta get my burgers out
Old 05-8-2019, 08:54 PM   #1239
Gradiant

Quote:
BRB
it's a birb
Old 05-8-2019, 08:55 PM   #1240
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
you threw out a soft which most people might not've gotten because of what i had posted earlier about closing out when i saw tekken, but then how you reacted after the fact with making sure that everybody read that one single post made it seem not so genuine as it could be
Comments like this make me feel like you're not paying attention to what I'm actually saying. I don't see how point to it makes it less genuine, or how if you could prove that it does make it less genuine, that Roundbox's EoD looks any better. If it looked that bad to point it out (and I mean, the fact that I had to because of his push is bad not saying it isnt) then he would respond much more aggressively "got you" at that EoD
Quote:
2) It doesn't matter whatsoever whether anybody else in any other game has softed a block. I'm not gonna touch the whole precedent thing
This is me explicitly asking you to touch it and answer if it's believable that Roundbox would do it.

Closed Thread