Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-8-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!
Default My Happy Place

This is something I wrote when a thread was posted on another forum, asking what everyone's "happy place" is. Like a place you would go to, or think of, when you're feeling down and need some cheer.

Quote:
Whenever I feel down, I close my eyes, and imagine myself in a forest.

It is midday, and the sun's rays are peeking through the branches of the towering trees that stand above me. The sky is dotted with puffed clouds, giving minute periods of shade. It is not very hot, however; there is a serene, constant breeze that sways the branches ever so elegantly. It sends chills down my spine, and a smile emerges through my stone-cold expression. A bird is chirping in the distance; a squirrel is poking through a small pile of leaves to find food; a mother doe and her fawn are grazing among tall grass in a small field. Through the trees, there is a lake, standing out like an oasis in an unforgiving desert. The water gives off the familiar scent of fresh rain on a cloudy day. An old picnic table sits near the edge, calling out my name. There is a metal easel that faces towards the lake, which shows signs of regular use and age. I am not the only one who has come here, to relax and let my thoughts drift away into the abyss.

When I open my eyes, I feel at ease, like I can face anything that the world throws at me.