Old 06-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #1001
RenegadeLucien
FFR Veteran
Skill Rating Designer
DeveloperFFR Veteran
 
RenegadeLucien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Age: 24
Posts: 265
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Are you not using standalone? :/
__________________


Zenith Ultimate Struggle: 3rd (D2)

All public 1-36s AAA'd
RenegadeLucien is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 10:40 AM   #1002
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 18,772
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeLucien View Post
Are you not using standalone? :/
It runs like shit, from version 9 all the way through 22. And I'm not exactly using the weakest of computers, either. >____>

When I trashed FFR back on the 9th of June, I was playing on Chrome + Flash 21, but the version of Pepper Flash got updated and I can't seem to find 21 anywhere. 20 runs like garbage and 22 is just as bad.

Last edited by TC_Halogen; 06-26-2016 at 10:41 AM..
TC_Halogen is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 10:41 AM   #1003
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
MinaciousGrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: nima
Posts: 4,281
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

same for me cool game
MinaciousGrace is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 10:41 AM   #1004
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
MinaciousGrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: nima
Posts: 4,281
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

actually i guess the difference is the game runs flawlessly in my browser im just too lazy to spend more than an hour a week on this
MinaciousGrace is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #1005
_Zenith_
Misslord Extraordinare
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
_Zenith_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Age: 24
Posts: 4,511
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
It runs like shit, from version 9 all the way through 22. And I'm not exactly using the weakest of computers, either. >____>

When I trashed FFR back on the 9th of June, I was playing on Chrome + Flash 21, but the version of Pepper Flash got updated and I can't seem to find 21 anywhere. 20 runs like garbage and 22 is just as bad.
Isn't it noted that older rigs tend to play FFR with more stability?

I saved the computer that brought me up to D7 skill just in case I ever get sick with the instability that Flash is causing or the screen tearing that causes arrows to be cut in half because it runs at like a fraction of the power my currently computer has but it ran FFR in-lack-of-a-better-word flawlessly

I know it takes time and energy to dig the older rig out (if you even have one still) but it might benefit you, who knows
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
and then you realize retaining skill is like 95% of the game after d7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Getting Charu upset is like having Gandhi punching his children.





_Zenith_ is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #1006
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 18,772
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Isn't it noted that older rigs tend to play FFR with more stability?

I saved the computer that brought me up to D7 skill just in case I ever get sick with the instability that Flash is causing or the screen tearing that causes arrows to be cut in half because it runs at like a fraction of the power my currently computer has but it ran FFR in-lack-of-a-better-word flawlessly

I know it takes time and energy to dig the older rig out (if you even have one still) but it might benefit you, who knows
reiterating, AAA'd Rave 7/Staple on Smile/Miku on this same computer that I'm using now back on the 9th of June -- there was an update to Flash on the 15th and the game is unplayable now; I'm willing to bank on the fact that it has to do with the version shift. it would be a lot easier if I was using a different standalone version for some dumb reason, but I wasn't -- and, I can't just simply control the version of Flash inside of the browser since there's a special .dll file for the version of Flash specific to Chrome. I'm trying to find 21.0.0.242, but have not had any success whatsoever. I've also tried installing the PPAPI version of Flash 21 on my computer but I can't seem to figure out how or where it's supposed to be handled so that it interacts with the browser.

I'm interested as to why Edge is having these random input hiccups, because aside from that, it runs even smoother than Chrome did for me...

EDIT: AAAAAA found v21, let's see if it's not just coincidence

Last edited by TC_Halogen; 06-26-2016 at 11:04 AM..
TC_Halogen is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 11:05 AM   #1007
_Zenith_
Misslord Extraordinare
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
_Zenith_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Age: 24
Posts: 4,511
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
reiterating, AAA'd Rave 7/Staple on Smile/Miku on this same computer that I'm using now back on the 9th of June -- there was an update to Flash on the 15th and the game is unplayable now; I'm willing to bank on the fact that it has to do with the version shift. it would be a lot easier if I was using a different standalone version for some dumb reason, but I wasn't -- and, I can't just simply control the version of Flash inside of the browser since there's a special .dll file for the version of Flash specific to Chrome. I'm trying to find 21.0.0.242, but have not had any success whatsoever. I've also tried installing the PPAPI version of Flash 21 on my computer but I can't seem to figure out how or where it's supposed to be handled so that it interacts with the browser.

I'm interested as to why Edge is having these random input hiccups, because aside from that, it runs even smoother than Chrome did for me...
Are you using win10? Out of experience, I have had several issues with browser flash (chrome) and with standalone in the past though the standalone was fixable by just running OBS in the background to reduce frame skipping. Though lately I've been having audio/visual lag for the first 10 seconds of a chart where the arrows are behind the music and then it performs a frame skip to catch the two back up together.

tl;dr flash is super sketch at times but in the wrong moments it is in pristine conditions
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
and then you realize retaining skill is like 95% of the game after d7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Getting Charu upset is like having Gandhi punching his children.





_Zenith_ is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 11:11 AM   #1008
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
MikeShinoda12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Age: 23
Posts: 1,877
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Are you using win10? Out of experience, I have had several issues with browser flash (chrome) and with standalone in the past though the standalone was fixable by just running OBS in the background to reduce frame skipping. Though lately I've been having audio/visual lag for the first 10 seconds of a chart where the arrows are behind the music and then it performs a frame skip to catch the two back up together.

tl;dr flash is super sketch at times but in the wrong moments it is in pristine conditions
What's OBS?
I don't have input or audio/visual lag, but my game frame-skips every two or three plays and I have to refresh the browser. I can still sorta play when the game's frame-skipping (I AAA'd this round's song that way, actually) but though it doesn't seem to compromise accuracy, it definitely compromises reading ability.
(On a Mac, by the way)
MikeShinoda12345 is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 11:12 AM   #1009
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 18,772
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

even v21's not working as well as it should, this is fucking ridiculous

i'm about 5 seconds from just not even bothering anymore, this is stupid -- i've no problem admitting having issues when i'm actually incapable of doing something, but when i'm contending with computer issues that are a result of the game's platform then i see no reason to even bother

this is not worth the frustration. i'll probably try a bit more to troubleshoot and get things working properly but if this is going to be the issue that i contend with the entire tournament, then i'm not even gonna try.

i'll try the standalone + OBS thing - the fact that something like that even needs to be considered is pretty stupid but i'll give it a shot

Last edited by TC_Halogen; 06-26-2016 at 11:14 AM..
TC_Halogen is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #1010
_Zenith_
Misslord Extraordinare
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
_Zenith_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Age: 24
Posts: 4,511
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 View Post
What's OBS?
I don't have input or audio/visual lag, but my game frame-skips every two or three plays and I have to refresh the browser. I can still sorta play when the game's frame-skipping (I AAA'd this round's song that way, actually) but though it doesn't seem to compromise accuracy, it definitely compromises reading ability.
(On a Mac, by the way)
OBS is the streaming program, Open Broadcaster Software

@AJ, it is pretty stupid to be honest and it doesn't work for everyone. The only way I can get 60fps is to have it open in the background (not on, just open).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
and then you realize retaining skill is like 95% of the game after d7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Getting Charu upset is like having Gandhi punching his children.






Last edited by _Zenith_; 06-26-2016 at 11:23 AM..
_Zenith_ is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #1011
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 18,772
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

uh
[img]nopenobooflaghereyoudidn'tseeafuckingthing[/img]

song didn't terminate for me but ok


whatever, got it lag and all - this shit's fucking dumb; hopefully it can be resolved soon

Last edited by TC_Halogen; 06-26-2016 at 11:58 AM..
TC_Halogen is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #1012
ZanmatoFusion
FFR Player
 
ZanmatoFusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 38
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

God dammit, Halogen. It was nice before you colored the damn dashboard in D7.....
ZanmatoFusion is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #1013
Kawaii025
Rhythmically Challenged
FFR Veteran
 
Kawaii025's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ten I See.
Posts: 1,345
Send a message via Skype™ to Kawaii025
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Congrats on being one of the few green people so far this round~
__________________
My List of FFR Tournaments
Pre-10/16/16
Highest AAA: Connect (HOUSE SOUL REMIX) & Case Closed (54)
Highest Blackflag: Survive (60)
Highest FC: Challenge the final mission! (68)
Highest SDG: The Fusion (63)
Otaku Speedvibe [Heavy] unlocked 03/04/15 - On The Origin of Species (Evolution) (50)

Highest AAA:Case Closed (58)
Highest Blackflag: Survive (64)
Highest Booflag: Fill Me Up With Snacky Happiness (60)
Highest FC: Challenge the final mission! (72)
Highest SDG: The Fusion (67)
Kawaii025 is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #1014
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 18,772
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

i'll have you know i didn't like the retro decor
TC_Halogen is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #1015
ZanmatoFusion
FFR Player
 
ZanmatoFusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 38
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

I'll have YOU know, I did not appreciate how you can talk/watch 4 kids/deal with 10FPS lag/have wax paper box falling on you/etc. and STILL AAA fucking oppirish.

Thanks.
ZanmatoFusion is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 12:33 PM   #1016
Kanzas
The D4 is WEAK AS HELL
FFR Veteran
 
Kanzas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,418
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

I will have a great time trying to get used to this k120, im used to playing on my laptops flat-ass kb... bjqeiwufq
__________________

.


Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
party 4u "holy nite mix" v2 - 5-0-1-2
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Flame Repellent - 5-0-0-0
Kanzas is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #1017
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
HeZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 556
Send a message via MSN to HeZe
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Wow AJ, you don't exactly suck!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.
HeZe is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #1018
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran
 
awein999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,563
Send a message via Skype™ to awein999
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dell2150 View Post
Have you played the song? Lolol.
watched the song replay
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staiain View Post
i am super purple hippo
awein999 is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #1019
_Zenith_
Misslord Extraordinare
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
_Zenith_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Age: 24
Posts: 4,511
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Now it is D5 who is the most mindblocked for today
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
and then you realize retaining skill is like 95% of the game after d7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Getting Charu upset is like having Gandhi punching his children.





_Zenith_ is offline  
Old 06-26-2016, 12:53 PM   #1020
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran
 
danceflashrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 472
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

lmao 10 credits to each person that doesn't play in d5 to get higher than me so i stay in

10 tasty credits c; c; c; c;
__________________

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution