Old 12-8-2018, 04:59 PM   #41
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran
 
awein999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,437
Send a message via Skype™ to awein999
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post

trust me I've put a lot of time into the game and I've worked with a handful of the other active mappers in the community to push the boundary of whats possible to beat in this game
but I dont think N++ main game has anywhere near the difficulty of a lot of high tier kaizo hacks

edit: fwiw there's probably a handful of user levels that are harder than kaizo hacks but there are very few imo

edit edit: skylighter, the creator of that map and also incredibly good player, has put thousands of attempts into that map and I think he got to the third jump like twice iirc
oh cool didn't know you had a lot of playtime. are we not steam friends? add me if you want https://steamcommunity.com/id/Aweinn
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staiain View Post
i am super purple hippo
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 06:07 PM   #42
PixlSM
FFR Player
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 345
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awein999 View Post
oh cool didn't know you had a lot of playtime.
yeah dude you even joined the tournament I've been hosting for n++ lol
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 06:30 PM   #43
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 256
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

The custom map doesn't look possible to me.
Shows what I know, since it prolly is, but damn.
I have no idea how to even begin there.
__________________
tell me to finish the TWG stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 07:51 PM   #44
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,719
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
The custom map doesn't look possible to me.
Shows what I know, since it prolly is, but damn.
I have no idea how to even begin there.
Probably like jump a bit right, then hold left to land on starting platform then quick jump to diagonal wall and jump hold right to reach 2nd platform. That's what I'd try.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 08:15 PM   #45
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran
 
awein999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,437
Send a message via Skype™ to awein999
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post
yeah dude you even joined the tournament I've been hosting for n++ lol
oh ya that was you lmao
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staiain View Post
i am super purple hippo
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 08:41 PM   #46
QueenAshy
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 20
Posts: 554
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
N++ was easy 100% trophies. A casual gamer girl like you wouldnt understand that though
r/thathappened
QueenAshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 08:43 PM   #47
QueenAshy
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 20
Posts: 554
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post
N++ is the best platformer but itís also not nearly as hard as a lot of kaizo hacks
I say this as someone who has cleared a good chunk of the ďhardestĒ tab in the userlevels and most of my level end up under ďhardestĒ as well.
Also thereís no frame perfect inputs in n++ as a result of any trick that would be frame perfect being aided by input buffering. And even then, none of the metanet levels require advanced or hidden tech to all gold levels so itís not a big deal either way
N++ does have frame perfect inputs tho. Look at quintuple slope jumps and those frame perfect jump pad levels. In fact, the clear grey sky legacy level has a few frame perfect ones required to get all gold. It took me 200 attempts a very or two ago, and it took like 30 of them yesterday. Itís pretty difficult, but thereís an easy way to do it if you can hit A on time.

Letís not even mention the frame perfect walljumping levels in existence. Those are impossible without exact timings
QueenAshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 08:51 PM   #48
PixlSM
FFR Player
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 345
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
N++ does have frame perfect inputs tho. Look at quintuple slope jumps and those frame perfect jump pad levels. In fact, the clear grey sky legacy level has a few frame perfect ones required to get all gold. It took me 200 attempts a very or two ago, and it took like 30 of them yesterday. Itís pretty difficult, but thereís an easy way to do it if you can hit A on time.

Letís not even mention the frame perfect walljumping levels in existence. Those are impossible without exact timings
pale grey sky does not require any frame perfect inputs, just good routing. even if you needed a boosted pad jump to reach those it wouldnt be frame perfect because of input buffering(since you are in the air before landing on those rather than approaching from a walk)
I think you are vastly overestimating how hard the timings for certain tricks in this game are. most advanced tech was hardcoded into the game (as they were just bugs in 1.4) and are given very lenient timings. if you want to see what frame perfect tech looks like go play Nv1.4
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 08:53 PM   #49
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,792
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

lol
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.

Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 08:54 PM   #50
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,719
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
r/thathappened
Never been to reddit and google gives mixed results; what are you implying here ?
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 09:00 PM   #51
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,019
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

lol arguing with one of ur so called "pro players" about his game of choice

the game is 60 fps, if it was really frame perfect it'd be like, basically un-doable consistently lol, like, the response time of the human eye is 1/20th of a second, doing a frame perfect trick in a 60 fps game is vastly different from doing one in a 20 fps game like ocarina of time, for example

sure im sure there are some techniques that are frame perfect in N++, i haven't really played the game since I played the original N, like, the free miniclip flash game lol, so I can't really speak on there being frame perfect tricks, but i highly doubt theyd require any for vanilla levels

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 12-8-2018 at 09:04 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 09:00 PM   #52
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,019
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Never been to reddit and google gives mixed results; what are you implying here ?
its a subreddit where you post pictures of things people have said that are "obviously fake and didn't really happen", like "oh yeaaaa, that happened..." its like a sarcasm thing
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 09:02 PM   #53
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,719
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
its a subreddit where you post pictures of things people have said that are "obviously fake and didn't really happen", like "oh yeaaaa, that happened..." its like a sarcasm thing
So I'd have to post proof or something ?
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 09:06 PM   #54
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,019
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
So I'd have to post proof or something ?
I mean if I suppose, if you wanted to prove yourself.. I didn't doubt it though and im sure most people didn't so eh

to me personally the fact that you are rank 22 in FFR (even though obviously they aren't similar games) is enough proof to show that you have the ability to reach a very high level in probably any game you play so thats proof enough to me, but eh, i guess you'd need proof if u wanna prove yourself to the queen lol

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 12-8-2018 at 09:06 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 09:12 PM   #55
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,719
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
I mean if I suppose, if you wanted to prove yourself.. I didn't doubt it though and im sure most people didn't so eh

to me personally the fact that you are rank 22 in FFR (even though obviously they aren't similar games) is enough proof to show that you have the ability to reach a very high level in probably any game you play so thats proof enough to me, but eh, i guess you'd need proof if u wanna prove yourself to the queen lol
I mean if it took more than 2 minutes to do it I wouldn't bother but why not at this point. The casual gamer girl doesn't show much proof of being good at anything~

xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 09:35 PM   #56
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 348
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Your .0000003 ms reaction time was enough to convince me that you're basically hacking irl
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 09:48 PM   #57
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,719
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Your .0000003 ms reaction time was enough to convince me that you're basically hacking irl
I dunno how to hack ps4 and never will ^^
Speed test was easy tho
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 09:53 PM   #58
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 348
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

I said hacking irl not hacking ps4

(I'm complimenting you)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

Last edited by flashflash account; 12-8-2018 at 09:54 PM..
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 09:56 PM   #59
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,719
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I said hacking irl not hacking ps4

(I'm complimenting you)
Yeah no worries haha I got that ty~
I said that because the speed test was cheated (obviously)
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 10:09 PM   #60
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 348
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Ah, okay
Long as you don't think I'm accusing you of hacking we're good ahaha
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution