Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game

Old 08-21-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman
Default Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

Especially in the idiot haven which is the forum games subforum? Do you have any idea how ****ty and confusing this is going to make the forum? ugh. bad call mods

sertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning about making this forum public?

I have a feeling that this forum will go to **** because of all the noobs and whatnot. If I'm wrong, then kudos to whoever deserves it.
hoochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
madmatt621
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to madmatt621 Send a message via AIM to madmatt621 Send a message via MSN to madmatt621 Send a message via Yahoo to madmatt621 Send a message via Skype™ to madmatt621
Default Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning about making this forum public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochan View Post
I have a feeling that this forum will go to **** because of all the noobs and whatnot.
Yea...even when Blazze ban evades constantly.
madmatt621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

i mean at the VERY LEAST make it a subforum in Critical Thinking where smart people might find it... but in here it's going to attract people that find posting their CTRL-Vs and playing FFR Assassination's fun and that's NOT a good direction for an already lacking forum

sertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #5
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

Twgfa

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #6
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301
Default Re: Anyone want to explain the reasoning behind making this forum public?

I Do Not think that having TWG public is a good idea.

Now that it is public, I have a feeling inactivity and game abandonment is going to go through the roof. TWG could turn out like unofficial FFR tourneys.

When the game was private, a person would have to have interest, and the commitment to at least seek out access.

Not to say there are no deserving non-TWG'ers. And this could really open up the community.

But, I really hope this move doesn't desecrate the entire TWG as it potentially could.

Last edited by GuidoHunter; 08-22-2007 at 12:57 AM..
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:34 AM   #7
Pyroshock
ε=-dΦ/dt
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Pyroshock

I used to play Mafia pretty frequently (one of my fav games), and had no idea this forum existed or how to join it until it was made public.
Pyroshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #8
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroshock View Post
I used to play Mafia pretty frequently (one of my fav games), and had no idea this forum existed or how to join it until it was made public.
You seem fairly competent. However, I'm terrified of the hordes of mindless noobs that can now break our once secure door front because of this move.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:29 AM   #9
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

We're going to get a bunch of noobs and new topics, but I see this is a good change, OVERALL.

For one, we're going to get fresh blood into the system. Always good because the people I played with when I was new are all pretty much gone, and it's becoming an obvious trend that people who start TWG eventually get tired of it, no matter their interest or skill. Serious props to the few that haven't left who've been here since I started.

The negative portion, all the unworthy people breaking in, is easily combated by disallowing entrance until competence is proven.

It's simple, really. We get the current players to join up, the ones that are interested in the game, and when we have more spots, we take on the newbies and see what they're worth. If they play like manure, they get bumped down the list for precedence in the next game. Sure it's going to be annoying, and sure it'll take a long time, but I see this fresh blood as a good thing for our ever-diminishing community.

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:09 AM   #10
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

the number of people that have posted in this topic agreeing with it that i would never have picked to participate in this game is astounding
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:35 AM   #11
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

I suppose you could be right. New meat, especially if seasoned with intelligence, can do this game some good.

And also @ DBP: You should consider hosting this jTWG. We should have something really simple to ease all of these new people in.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #12
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Moving TWG to CT: Agreed

Keeping TWG Public: I don't like it but I guess it's for the best

New Motion: Make the TWC mods so that they can uphold this place with some actual power and whatnot and ban people who are obviously here to be asshats.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #13
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

The TWC members are mostly mods and admins already.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #14
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
The TWC members are mostly mods and admins already.
No.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #15
T3hDDRKid
FFR Player

I agree with the idea of making the forum public, so long as there are a few mods with control over the forums, so any noobs making "wat is dis game??" threads can have the thread deleted, possibly warned.

Actually, is it possible to ban somebody from just a certain forum? That would be extremely useful.

The forum should definitely be moved to CT, though. Few immature people bother to search in CT other than the Sex/Catfish thread and the Drugs and the Gov't thread.
T3hDDRKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #16
X3R0H0UR
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to X3R0H0UR

personally I hate it when the admins stack CT. I mean, most maps are already CT biased anyway. Thats the reason why I hate playing on public clan servers :-/
Old 08-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #17
Yesssss
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Yesssss

TWG is a critical thinking forum game. I say we should move it to CT so we can get less people just wanting to play a forum game and more people wanting to critically think.
Yesssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:13 AM   #18
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3R0H0UR View Post
personally I hate it when the admins stack CT. I mean, most maps are already CT biased anyway. Thats the reason why I hate playing on public clan servers :-/
i c wut u did thar

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:23 AM   #19
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

I agree with every suggestion that gives the TWC more power.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:53 AM   #20
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan View Post
I agree with every suggestion that gives the TWC more power.
Then maybe you would have, you know, not turned it down so long ago?

Public: sure.

Move to CT: absolutely.

Stupidity level increase expected: can you get bigger than infinity?

Also, TWC pretty much are mods, roughly, but the main problem being only kilga still plays, and every time it's been brought up that we update, people cry about "you're just doing it to have more 'power' (power over twg forum AWESOME!) and they say we don't need it. But every time something happens and no one is around to make an executive decision, we cry for a new TWC again and the cycle repeats. I hardly care at this point. I don't think there are enough competent active people to fill 5 spots anyways. So I'd rather have tass show up once every other month for the lolz and to have him tell me shash and fish still play regularly and that they can take care of anything that needs to be done.
-Bowser
StoicRoivaS is offline   Reply With Quote