ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #22
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: GAH I'm fat

I didn't read through what everyone else has said (sorry if I repeat) I've been kinda slacking with losing the weight from having my daughter and I've been dieting for the past, well slightly over a month. I got my diet down to 1200 calories a day and that's been losing me 5lbs a week without exercise. I just recently joined a gym so I'm hoping that I can keep that 5lb or even more a week pace. But yea that's just what I did, just lowered my calorie intake, which was mostly from what I drank rather than ate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #23
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

oh, yeah, and about your disease. just stick with the gluten free stuff, don't go off. I know at least 6 people that have gluten allergies, once they cleaned up their diets they all got really fit. kinda weird huh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #24
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

from my experience, celiac disease+gluten=depressed fatties
i'm surprised at the lack of emphasis on this point so far in the thread. for starters, CUT OUT THE GLUTEN CONSUMPTION ENTIRELY. second, try to incorporate more physical activity to your daily grind. for instance
-walk faster, with your shoulders stretched, back straight, and arms swinging
-run when it's not "normal" too (at work, if i encounter an empty hallway it's guaranteed i'm dashing down it.)
-skip the city grid layout and walk on the grass. not only is this better for your knees than concrete but uneven terrain will work out muscles ALL over your body. i imagine it also improves your balance.
-drink a lot of water. if you're not sipping on some right now, you're not drinking enough.
-keep in mind that using a computer not only requires extremely little physical strain, it necessitates it. every minute you spend on the computer is a minute you could have been doing something more active.
-get enough sleep

in conclusion what, you thought i wasn't going to mention riding a bike? ride a bike and go fast. ride when it's play time and when it's work time. u will be lookin sexy in no time. all of this shit is a no brainer to me but you office rats and universitards just don't get it. sitting is what's bad for you.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #25
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Vocabulary Get: Universitards x1
Mike Weedmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #26
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weedmark View Post
Losing 35 lbs in 2 months isn't something you're going to do "without too much effort."
No no, that was what I figure I can get to doing as I am now in 6.5 months, ie date of the wedding, especially because I know my body and those first 15 pounds will go away with minimal effort on my part.

I'm totally off gluten now, was only on to get a biopsy because the GI recommended it. I will not go back to eating it even once I have a biopsy date. (There's a long story here...suffice it to say my bloodwork is positive for the gluten antibodies. I have yet to read or hear why those antibodies would be high if I weren't a celiac.) Fatigue I have is almost certainly due to malnutrition and leaky gut syndrome, not lack of calories.

Anyways, I'm being a dumb and have started fasting. I figure that I will lose some weight this way and will hopefully heal my intestines that much faster. I know its risky to fast while being malnourished, however, since I just started being gluten-free again, I strongly suspect I'm absorbing way less nutrients since I'm not expanding the gaps between my intestinal cells anymore. If I'm already not absorbing half my food, (I'm not even breaking down vegetables) I'm not going to be missing out on too much by not eating. The sooner I get regular intestines, the better I should feel, the more I will have energy to excersise afterwards.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #27
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

If you want to exercise without getting bored, go play DDR.
(but starts slowly and see how your body can keep up with the game)
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #28
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA

I lost 50lbs in about 3 months. Didn't do it in a healthy way, though. Pretty much only ate once a day (fruits, veggies, maybe meat) and drank slimfast whenever i felt hungry any other time lol.
No exercise needed whatsoever

Last edited by Sprite-; 05-14-2012 at 02:40 PM..
Sprite- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #29
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
No no, that was what I figure I can get to doing as I am now in 6.5 months, ie date of the wedding, especially because I know my body and those first 15 pounds will go away with minimal effort on my part.

I'm totally off gluten now, was only on to get a biopsy because the GI recommended it. I will not go back to eating it even once I have a biopsy date. (There's a long story here...suffice it to say my bloodwork is positive for the gluten antibodies. I have yet to read or hear why those antibodies would be high if I weren't a celiac.) Fatigue I have is almost certainly due to malnutrition and leaky gut syndrome, not lack of calories.

Anyways, I'm being a dumb and have started fasting. I figure that I will lose some weight this way and will hopefully heal my intestines that much faster. I know its risky to fast while being malnourished, however, since I just started being gluten-free again, I strongly suspect I'm absorbing way less nutrients since I'm not expanding the gaps between my intestinal cells anymore. If I'm already not absorbing half my food, (I'm not even breaking down vegetables) I'm not going to be missing out on too much by not eating. The sooner I get regular intestines, the better I should feel, the more I will have energy to excersise afterwards.
Have fun gaining any weight you loss right back as soon as you go back to eating whatever.

Easy steps of weight loss:
pick a diet, that's useful towards your goals. For instance, gluten people do well with carbless diets (atkins diets) especially fatties, because they can eat sausage, bacon, cottage cheese, stuff like that while losing weight.

Exercise. "Baw ah hate exercisin." yeah, you gotta figure out a way to make it fun. Listen to music, get on a cycle and read a book/play games. I play my psp or read my kindle while doing cardio. Much easier.

You're stressing out about absorption values of your intestines and then fasting, that's ridiculous. All that's going to happen is you'll end up ****ing yourself up, and ending up in the hospital. Just cut out the gluten, you don't have to do something ridiculous like eating 1200 calories a day or whatever. Just be smart about it.

Green tea/hoodia caps. They're 4.50 at walmart, and they work really well at boosting your metabolism. Coffee works as well, for inhibiting your appetite when you feel like being a fatty.

spicy things like cayenne pepper, etc, do work to boost your metabolism, although you won't notice as much if you aren't already in really, really good shape. If you've ever noticed sweating after eating spicy food, tada, that means it's working. Give your food some mustard or spicy stuff, cut out anything that's super carby.

Just do it, don't come on here and whine about how hard it is. If it was easy, we'd all be walking around like greek gods, instead of being fat. You're going to have discomfort, but you'll just have to deal with it.

If you're hugely fat, and have celiac's disease, it's really unlikely that you'll be able to tell if you're "not digesting" things properly. Take in some fiber (fiber, not any other sort of carbs) like metamucil a couple times a day. That'll clean your system out. You'll feel better without the carbs, after a few days. You'll probably get a headache for the first couple of no-carb days, but that's your body switching over to ketosis. Then you'll feel better than you usually do, and you can do your cardio etc.

DONT fast. Fasting is dumb. All that will do is make your body go into starvation mode, and you'll hold onto your fat. Fat is what bodies use to survive hardships. It'll suck away all your muscle and organs, because it'll preserve the fat for a last ditch scenario. Best thing that would happen if you fast is you'll be "skinny fat", where you're still fat, but you lost all your muscle tone.

Last edited by Senip; 05-14-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #30
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
And the excersise thing kills me. I hate excersising for the sake of excersise...it's really really boring. But I might just have to
Do work you have to do or play you enjoy doing, with getting exercise as the secondary effect.
I run with my dog for exercise, it's great cardio for me plus taking the dog out is work that had to be done anyway; two birds with one stone. An active pet is a great catalyst for exercise.
Another option is to play and exercise. Considering you're on a rhythm gaming website I will obviously recommend DDR/ITG, but dancing, martial arts, and sports are also clearly options too. (You'd be amazed at how many calories you can burn doing traditional ballroom dance, with the added benefit of being able to look like you know what you're doing at your wedding reception!)
Find something active that you enjoy.

p.s. it's spelled exercise

Last edited by hi19hi19; 05-14-2012 at 03:53 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

I'm more of a weight gaining expert then a weight losing one haha.

Went from 110 155 in 5 months while actually staying the same bodyfat
anyways the main thing to know if you are trying to bulk up is get your amino acids and protein, calories all that stuff. Get a lot of carbs but half of them can be bad carbs and it will benefit you mass wise in a healthy way. If you already had good carbs eat ice cream for example and those carbs will help. Get some bcaa(branch chain amino acid) pills at a store and take as see fit with meals and what not. I ate about double calories of what i should have if I didn't work out so I had about 4000 calories a day. Probably 100 grams of protein a day, sometimes more but that was my minimum goal and very easy to do.
The equally important balance to all this is the workout. You need to workout right or none of this should apply to you or you will probably just be unhealthy haha. Just get a good full body workout in for the first 2 weeks so your nervous system can adjust a little. Then start breaking it down into parts. Do legs one day and upper body or whatever. Then further down the line break it up into more parts. For example I did shoulders/triceps/chest one day, back, biceps abs the other and legs the third followed by 2 days of rest. It really doesn't matter too much that is just one example and the most important thing is to switch everything up every time you feel like you are about to plateau(basically stop getting stronger)
This doesn't matter a huge amount at first but in the end if you want to gain healthy weight you will want to focus on strength rather then looks and actual muscle, as you will gain more muscle just trying to lift like a strength athlete. This is the natural and fastest and healthiest way to gain muscle and just remember the number one thing I had to when I gained weight, You probably need to eat more
Old 05-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #32
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lol

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #33
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry DB View Post
I'm more of a weight gaining expert then a weight losing one haha.

Went from 110 155 in 5 months while actually staying the same bodyfat
anyways the main thing to know if you are trying to bulk up is get your amino acids and protein, calories all that stuff. Get a lot of carbs but half of them can be bad carbs and it will benefit you mass wise in a healthy way. If you already had good carbs eat ice cream for example and those carbs will help. Get some bcaa(branch chain amino acid) pills at a store and take as see fit with meals and what not. I ate about double calories of what i should have if I didn't work out so I had about 4000 calories a day. Probably 100 grams of protein a day, sometimes more but that was my minimum goal and very easy to do.
The equally important balance to all this is the workout. You need to workout right or none of this should apply to you or you will probably just be unhealthy haha. Just get a good full body workout in for the first 2 weeks so your nervous system can adjust a little. Then start breaking it down into parts. Do legs one day and upper body or whatever. Then further down the line break it up into more parts. For example I did shoulders/triceps/chest one day, back, biceps abs the other and legs the third followed by 2 days of rest. It really doesn't matter too much that is just one example and the most important thing is to switch everything up every time you feel like you are about to plateau(basically stop getting stronger)
This doesn't matter a huge amount at first but in the end if you want to gain healthy weight you will want to focus on strength rather then looks and actual muscle, as you will gain more muscle just trying to lift like a strength athlete. This is the natural and fastest and healthiest way to gain muscle and just remember the number one thing I had to when I gained weight, You probably need to eat more
lol, 100 grams of protein a day. :}

Problem is she needs to lose weight and she's lazy, not that she needs to gain.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #34
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau5 View Post
MANY MANY people have that problem, find a reason to enjoy it! For me it's basically just something to do while i listen to music. Make exercising the secondary, whether it's listening to music or watching tv or reading or anything like that, exercising isn't exactly fun unless you make it fun haha

When it comes to eating, don't try and hold off eating as long as you can then just binge eating everything you see, it's actually more beneficial to eat an apple or something here and there vs. waiting till a meal

Also drink LOTS of water or even a 0 calorie vitamin water, depending on if you want the taste of something in your mouth. This liquid actually can fill up your stomach and satisfy possible appetites

What you gotta decide when you're going to eat mainly is whether if your stomach that needs food or your mouth that wants food
Really good thing is crystal lite, there's very few calories in it and it's pretty filling.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #35
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Better is tap water, it's zero, free, and with a bit of ice, colder than anything else. Unless you live in one of those places where yeah. I'm sure I don't need to explain that tap water sucks in places.
Mike Weedmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #36
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Crystal Lite is made for people that have become so detached from drinking actual water that they can't stand any drink with out high fructose corn syrup. if you can hang with drinking regular ass water, then Crystal Lite isn't going to make it any more healthier...
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #37
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senip View Post
lol, over 9000 grams of protein a day. :}

Problem is she needs to lose weight and she's lazy, not that she needs to gain.
lol I know I just saw some people talk about weight gaining earlier and that is the only thing I have experience in, sorry I couldn't be of any more helpful...uhm I just know you should keep at your goals and always exercise. Don't drink Soda....just remember at first too if you are losing weight your weight will vary a lot at first I imagine. Just remember that you do have water weight and food in your stomache, just pay attention to your weight in the long haul, not on the daily, but make daily goals still. maybe every day you could start off by walking for a certain time and over time as you adjust increase your speed and time you walk. Muscle helps to incinerate fat so yea it doesn't hurt to get a light full body workout every now and then(since your not going for strength this will be pretty effective and easier then splitting it up and having to be tied down to going multiple days if you can't)

that's about all I can think of, GOOD LUCK
Old 05-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #38
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Artificial sweeteners have given me the worst headaches I've ever experienced, total no-go on crystal light. I'm good with water.

When my carrot looks the same going in as it does going out, I'm not digesting it properly. While fasting I will lose some muscle, yes, but the vast majority of calories my body uses will be fat. I won't begin to starve anytime soon while fasting. Starvation should only happen once I'm below a certain percent of body fat, not just because I stopped eating. I'm going to get nowhere NEAR that low in body fat, even if I fasted for 40 days, which is longer than I want to fast. It will **** up my metabolism, yes, but that's nothing that wasn't already low.

I'm off coffee. I read somewhere (unreliably somewhere, but it was still presented as actual research) that a protein in coffee is similar enough to gluten such that it reacts the same way. I also hate being addicted to it; gives me headaches if I drink it daily but not drinking it gives me headaches too. And I get a really short fuse. Also inhibits iron absorption. I may do the green tea thing when I'm done fasting.

I'll get right on bulking up Jerry, I'm sure my fiance will find it sexy when I'm stronger than him :-p But it's good to remind me to not care so much on the day to day basis. I fluctuate almost 5lbs a day.

I haven't been giving ddr the love and attention I should, its true.

Plan is to walk daily while fasting, around 40 minutes.

Swimming front crawl works the shoulders right? I can do that to tone them a bit when the pool right next to me opens in a month.

I'd totally bike all the time if I had a bike. I hate having to borrow one. I should probably buy one. I used to bike to go swim in the river or the lake around once a week in the summer. Nothing's nicer than being able to jump into cold water after pushing myself on my bike.

At least I can convince my bf to take dance lessons because of the wedding...I know what I'm doing, but he doesn't! I used to dance in grade school, ballet and modern. It's surprising how energizing it was. It's like pilates but fun. Hmmmm I should check out if there's a class I can join.

Last edited by Cavernio; 05-15-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #39
Calcium Deposit
I am the liquor
FFR Music Producer

Diets don't work (well)

Cardio style exercises are always the fastest ways to losing weight.

The problem with starving yourself is it reduces your metabolism meaning you'll be "storing" more of your food once you start eating again. Whereas cardio increases your metabolic rate meaning you can actually eat more than you do now and lose weight as long as you stay true to any exercise plan and truly push yourself.

Just be like me and bike your fat ass everywhere. I could crush a pineapple with my thighs.
Calcium Deposit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #40
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Artificial sweeteners have given me the worst headaches I've ever experienced, total no-go on crystal light. I'm good with water.

When my carrot looks the same going in as it does going out, I'm not digesting it properly. While fasting I will lose some muscle, yes, but the vast majority of calories my body uses will be fat. I won't begin to starve anytime soon while fasting. Starvation should only happen once I'm below a certain percent of body fat, not just because I stopped eating. I'm going to get nowhere NEAR that low in body fat, even if I fasted for 40 days, which is longer than I want to fast. It will **** up my metabolism, yes, but that's nothing that wasn't already low.

I'm off coffee. I read somewhere (unreliably somewhere, but it was still presented as actual research) that a protein in coffee is similar enough to gluten such that it reacts the same way. I also hate being addicted to it; gives me headaches if I drink it daily but not drinking it gives me headaches too. And I get a really short fuse. Also inhibits iron absorption. I may do the green tea thing when I'm done fasting.

I'll get right on bulking up Jerry, I'm sure my fiance will find it sexy when I'm stronger than him :-p But it's good to remind me to not care so much on the day to day basis. I fluctuate almost 5lbs a day.

I haven't been giving ddr the love and attention I should, its true.

Plan is to walk daily while fasting, around 40 minutes.

Swimming front crawl works the shoulders right? I can do that to tone them a bit when the pool right next to me opens in a month.

I'd totally bike all the time if I had a bike. I hate having to borrow one. I should probably buy one. I used to bike to go swim in the river or the lake around once a week in the summer. Nothing's nicer than being able to jump into cold water after pushing myself on my bike.

At least I can convince my bf to take dance lessons because of the wedding...I know what I'm doing, but he doesn't! I used to dance in grade school, ballet and modern. It's surprising how energizing it was. It's like pilates but fun. Hmmmm I should check out if there's a class I can join.
Most of coffee's benefits comes from the fact that it jumpstarts your metabolism and such. I've never heard of coffee having any sort of gluten like protein, and I'm also allergic (mildly) to gluten so I think I would be able to tell if it did. But yeah, if it makes you crabby, just go for green tea. Drink the green tea even if you're fasting.

Fasting is still going to be horrible for you, if you look at any reliable medical source, you're going to see that it doesn't matter how much BF you have, as soon as your body realizes you're starving yourself it's going to devour everything but the fat. Trust me, tried it, friends have tried it, it doesn't really work. You'll see yourself losing weight, but you won't actually be losing the weight you want. One good thing to do is to stop looking at the scale, and judge your appearance by the mirror. There's too many variables to really be able to use a scale for fat loss measurement.

My favorite style of cardio is HIIT: do 1-2 minutes of a sprint on a bike, or 30 seconds or so if you're running, then walk until you stop breathing hard. You have to really push yourself though, dont half ass it or it won't work. HIIT will boost your metabolism better than everything except lifting weights, whereas steady state (walking, running, etc) will only boost it for while you're doing the exercise, which is what you really don't want.

so, just do 5-6 sets of HIIT, every other day if you aren't going to be lifting weights. And don't fast. Look into some green tea, and Walmart has probiotic digestives that you can get, that are like 8 bucks. NOW Foods has a much better type, which is 180 caps for...20 bucks? Something like that. Look into getting a good multivitamin, like Animal PAK or Sportpharma Multi-V, that'll help your body out a lot too. GNC, 1 a day, and other multivitamins that you can find in walmart are shit.

Metabolism > any other way of losing weight. Unless you get a lap band I guess.

Last edited by Senip; 05-15-2012 at 10:24 PM..