Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #1
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Current TWG ruleset *

This is a specialty forum created for a small segment of the FFR population that enjoys playing a forum game called The Werewolf Game.

Do NOT post in any stickied thread unless you have signed up for that game.

If you are interested in playing The Werewolf Game, please read other content in this subforum and contact DarkManticorex2 (me!) via private message.

Rules:
1a. Players are not allowed to edit/delete their posts for ANY reason. Moderators are not allowed to edit/delete anyone's posts, without host consent. Moderators are allowed to delete posts by users not in the current TWG who post in the thread.

1b. If the host asks a moderator to delete certain post(s), then it can be permitted. Absolutely NO player can delete/edit their posts while participating a j/TWG game AT ALL

2.One death post may be allowed by the person killed during the Night phase. This post must be brief, and contain no information about the game. A player who is lynched, during the Day, may not post again after they are killed. If a person is insta'd during the Day phase, that person cannot post after he or she has been insta'd. The penalty for breaking this rule is as follows:
1st offense: Warning
2nd offense: Game ban
3rd offense: 2 game ban
4th offense: 3 game ban
etc etc..

3a. Players are not allowed to reveal their PMs or conversations with the host to anyone else. This includes (and is not limited) to: forwarding the PM to any other player, showing a screenshot of the PM, or copypasta'ing the PM info into the thread or to another player. Players are not allowed to reveal conversations - with the Host - relating to the game to any other player. Players may not post screenshots of conversations they have with other players that are not involved in the current j/TWG.

3b. Players are allowed to share pms sent from one player to another player.

3c. Players are allowed to fake AIM conversations.

4a. An Insta-Lynch is considered MORE than 50% of all votes on any given day. Phantom votes are considered a minimal fraction of a vote for all intents and purposes (ex. .001 of a vote). If there are 7 players and no phantoms, 4 is needed for an Insta. If there are 8 players and no phantoms, 5 is needed. If there are 7 players + 1 phantom (7.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (3 real + phantom = 3.001, which is not greater than 50%). If there are 8 players + 1 phantom (8.001), 4 REAL votes are needed (4.001 is greater than 50% of 8.001).

4b. Rule for multiple phantoms: any phantom above the 1st shall be treated as a full vote. 1 phantom = .001 votes, 2 phantoms = 1.001 votes, etc.

For a more in depth description of Phantoms, Visit this thread
Rzr's Phantom Thread

4c. After a player(s) accumulates a certain amount of phantoms, commonly 3 phantoms, the Host will get a replacement for that person(s). The replacement will carry all phantoms accumulated by the offending player.

4d. In the event of a tie vote, a Knife in Box (KiB)[KitB] situation occurs. A KiB situation is defined by one of the two tied players randomly getting wolfed or lynched, as determined by random.org or other means. All rules of 4 still solely apply for persons with multiple phantoms.

5a. Cheating of any kind (through abuse of the rules stated here, or anything that is determined cheating by a majority of the players will result in that players immediate death, or replacement as determined by the host, If the host chooses to kill the player without finding a replacement, then it does not count as that days lynch. the player will be subject to a banning of length to be determined by TWC.

5b. Two IRL friends CANNOT play in the same game. Parties cannot have a Player-to-Player relationship, nor can they have a Host-to-Player relationship. There is a possibility of account sharing, whether allowed or not, and possibility of exchanging information outside of AIM/thread. "TasselFoot (7:59:32 PM): 2 IRL friends can't play in the same twg." If you have a problem with this rule, ask Tass yourself.

-Exception:
"chardish" (9:59:25 PM): two IRL friends can play in the same game as long as they don't physically see or talk to each other during the game
"chardish" (9:59:34 PM): e.g. if they live in different states or something

6. The dead are prohibited from talking to living players about the game. Information may not flow into the game from the grave. If someone is found giving information to a living player, they are subject to a game or more ban.

7a. Imitating another player (dead or alive) through a fake AIM/FFR nickname is cheating and is subject to the cheating penalties. (This does not apply to faked AIM conversations).

7b. Contacting anyone anonymously about TWG is strictly prohibited. All TWG communication must be either on your AIM name or FFR account name. No creating second accounts or anonymous accounts for the game.

7c. If the account that you signed up for the game gets banned, it is up to the Host or Moderator to decide if they are allowed to post on an alternate username. There are still means of communication to a player (i.e. AIM) even if that player is banned temporarily. If the player is somehow banned permanently, a substitution will occur.

8. No player, under ANY circumstances, is allowed a free passage into a future TWG. Not if they are killed night 1, not if they are the MVP of the previous game, not if they hosted the previous game. You must sign up in the Game Signups as everyone else. Hosts are allowed to set specific times when the players are able to sign up.

9a. No player may vote over AIM. Ex: IMing the host saying who you vote for. There is no explainable reason for this. If someone can access the internet, they can access the forums. IMing the host and asking them to post a message on your behalf is at the host's discretion. No votes/guardings/seerings/etc. are not official and will not be counted unless sent through a PM.

9b. If the player is banned AND ONLY IF THE PLAYER IS BANNED: As mentioned in 7c., it is up to the host to decide whether a contact vote over AIM is applicable or if the Host requires the user to send in the PM on an alternate account. The banned user MUST tell the Host which account he is using to send the PM.

10a. All new players to TWG are required to play in at least 1 jTWG first. Note: 99% of new players will be required to play at least 1 jTWG before being allowed in TWG.
Players will get moved up through host and/or TWC recommendation.

10b. If a player believes they are well-equipped to play right into a TWG, they must submit written evidence supporting their claim and why they should be allowed to play.

10c. A host’s recommendation may be overturned by the TWC or Moderator as they see fit.

11a. No player is allowed to play in a jTWG and a TWG at the same time. There are no exceptions to this rule.

11b. If you are dead in the current game you have been playing in and wish to sign up for another, You must contact the host of your current game asking permission. The reason for this is that there may be the possibility of revival in your game. In which if you are revived and playing in another game you violate rule 11a.

11c. The Host reserves the right to admit or kick any player he sees fit before the game begins. If the player is unequipped to play during the game, it is the hosts discretion whether or not the player will be removed. A substitution will take place.

12. TWC, (Makilaz, BDN, DarkManticoreX2, Pntballa18, Travman301, ThunderStriker687, and Roundbox) have final say on all matters TWG. Any TWG related issue should be brought to one of the council members and will be discussed accordingly.

13a. If a player wishes to be removed from the current game contact the Host, via AIM, PM, or thread. Give clear explanations on why you wish to be removed. If it's something ridiculous such as, "Oh I don't like my role." then it's your own fault for signing up in the first place. Legitimate explanations will be excused, but idiotic reasons will not be tolerated.

13b. Consider the amount of time needed to play j/TWG. It might last from a few days to a couple of weeks, so be prepared to sacrifice your time to the game. Do not become inactive during the game because of personal reasons.

Default Wolf Victory Part I: The default wolf team victory condition is when the wolf population equals the human population at the end of a day interval after someone is voted off

However, there are extenuating circumstances that nullify this rule. For example, if there are roles (i.e. SK, vigi) who can alter the number of wolves during the night or protect the humans (guardian), then the wolves must outnumber the humans during the day to achieve victory.
(If the wolf population exceeds the human population at any time then the game can be stopped because it is academic).

Example:

End of Day X: Person P is voted off, leaving N wolves and N humans. Wolves win.
Middle of Night X: Person P is wolfed, leaving N wolves and N humans. Play goes on.
Middle of Day X: Person P is vigilante'd or otherwise eliminated, leaving N wolves and N humans. Play goes on.
(Special example - Middle of Day X: Person P is vigi'd or otherwise eliminated, leaving N wolves and N-1 humans. Wolves win.)
(Special example #2 - Middle of Night X: Person P is vigi'd or otherwise eliminated, and a human is wolved, leaving N-1 wolves and N-1 humans. Play continues, as the humans can force several KITB situations to win the game)

Differencing between jTWG and TWG:
We are officially re-instating the TWG/jTWG system. It is the host’s responsibility to evaluate a player’s ability to participate effectively in a TWG. This was previously mentioned in part 11c. It is the Host's right to include or exclude a player from their game, given an adequate reason as to -why- the decision was made. Consult the TWC or a Moderator's approval on your decision (do not let it be baseless!). If you are unable to play in the TWG, wait to play in the jTWG. No player is denied the right to play in a jTWG unless otherwise specified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the rules as of January 1st, 2013. If there are any questions about this ruleset, Contact myself, or any member of the TWC, or simply post your question in the TWC thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by devonin; 07-19-2014 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: All intensive purposes *shudder*
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude
Default Re: 2008 TWG ruleset *

^_^

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

With the exception of 5b, good job. I like it. Can we get chardish's old announcement gone yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Actually, if we could take down his and make this one an announcement, that would be pretty helpful.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #5
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

I have no power over announcments, Devonin would have to do that.

If he does, we'll delete all these posts. except the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #6
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

I couldn't find a way to promote this thread to an announcement, so I just made my own announcement with a little copypasta action.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
aTzUeLo1191
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aTzUeLo1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
13a. If a player wishes to be removed from the current game contact the Host, via AIM, PM, or thread. Give clear explanations on why you wish to be removed. If it's something ridiculous such as, "Oh I don't like my role." then it's your own fault for signing up in the first place. Legitimate explanations will be excused, but idiotic reasons will not be tolerated.
This should be called the Lito rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitznpv View Post
brb suicide
JOIN TWG NAO!!!
aTzUeLo1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

I think it should be a requirement that all TWG/jTWG players have a link to this in their siggys.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #9
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

It's called "School, Life, etc."

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Quote:
7b. Contacting anyone anonymously about TWG is strictly prohibited. All TWG communication must be either on your AIM name or FFR account name. No creating second accounts or anonymous accounts for the game.
This dosen't include PM'ing other players, right?

Quote:
We are officially re-instating the TWG/jTWG system. It is the host’s responsibility to evaluate a player’s ability to participate effectively in a TWG. This was previously mentioned in part 11c. It is the Host's right to include or exclude a player from their game, given an adequate reason as to -why- the decision was made. Consult the TWC or a Moderator's approval on your decision (do not let it be baseless!). If you are unable to play in the TWG, wait to play in the jTWG. No player is denied the right to play in a jTWG unless otherwise specified.
To me, this raises questions about who is allowed to host, specificly jTWG. If a player decides to host, and that player has only played like two or three games, how can that person know if the people playing his game are eligible to play?

Last edited by Sullyman2007; 04-14-2008 at 03:38 PM..
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
It's called "School, Life, etc."
Yet if you were an interesting role you wouldn't need those things?

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
jugglinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 View Post
To me, this raises questions about who is allowed to host, specificly jTWG. If a player decides to host, and that player has only played like two or three games, how can that person know if the people playing his game are eligible to play?
The host of the previous jTWG should say in the postgame who they think should move on to TWG, so the new host could look at that. If that isn't included, they could always asked a vet player.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:19 PM   #13
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
I couldn't find a way to promote this thread to an announcement, so I just made my own announcement with a little copypasta action.
Could you get the bolding and italic tags in there as well?

(c&p it like you were going to edit my post.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 04-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #14
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
On behalf of everyone who has not yet said thank you I would like to tell you how much we appreciate this, devonin.

And on a personal note, I would like to say a few things. I've been playing this game with you all since October and I must say, it's been a great experience. I look forward to playing many future games with all of you, even those who I know hate me
It feels really good to be a part of the new set of rules with all of you, and we can go down in j/TWG history now. Special thanks to manti and congratulations on working your way up to modship, and to everyone who's helped me understand and enjoy the game, and vice versa. Thank you.

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 04-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #15
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 View Post
I suppose if the previous host or a TWC member feels that the player shouldn't be allowed into TWG, they could override the host.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #16
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Could you get the bolding and italic tags in there as well?

(c&p it like you were going to edit my post.)
Done and done. And I mean done.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:34 AM   #17
rzr
TWG Veteran

Are we ever going to sticky this and unsticky the old one? Or atleast sticky this?

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #18
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Observant much? The old one IS unstickied. Devonin made a new announcement with the new ruleset. http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?f=47&a=33
Old 04-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #19
rzr
TWG Veteran

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=83031
Doesn't look unstickied...

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #20
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

That's the TWC thread. It's for more than just rules; it's for discussing TWG matters, game bannings, etc. That thread does need to be stickied.