FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost
Default Re: Mass Effect 3

No, it was trash.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #82
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

I resisted voicing for many posts now what my thoughts on the ending are.

It was completely meh.

Felt as if the endings themselves were a complete write-off, more or less.

Everything leading up to it though felt (mostly) satisfying.

And that's all I have to say about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #83
speeddemon
FFR Player

Welp. If people hadn't actually given their complaints form I might have continued not caring, but now the ending irks me intensely. Still not the worst ending they could've accomplished, but now I see pretty well how much they dropped the ball :/
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #84
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGhost View Post
You needed to literally walk through the Citadel from front to back, every level, go next to everyone, after every major mission or run through of the galaxy. You randomly get new conversations from shit you pick up from scanning planets, or as a result of other missions. Random objects in the Citadel will give you new missions. There were a ton of missions that were purely on the citadel, and a lot of them had some incredible conversations and stuff.
Meh, Scanning seemingly empty systems. This will be great.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #85
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

If you rightclick in the Galaxy Map, it checks if there's anything there before you go to the planet. Also the percentages will tell you how many there are per system, if you know basic math lol. There's a few systems without anything in them though, but most of them have stuff.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #86
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Happy now?
Mass Effect 3: New Ending Incoming
Quote:
Earlier this month, BioWare responded to Mass Effect 3's "polarizing" ending and later confirmed that it was considering making changes. Now, BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka has confirmed that new content is in the works to provide additional closure.

In a post on the company's official site, Muzyka said that the team has been carefully following the reactions of fans and has made the decision to respond.

"I believe passionately that games are an art form, and that the power of our medium flows from our audience, who are deeply involved in how the story unfolds," Muzyka wrote, "and who have the uncontested right to provide constructive criticism. At the same time, I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team. The team and I have been thinking hard about how to best address the comments on ME3's endings from players, while still maintaining the artistic integrity of the game."

"Since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few," he added. "The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I'm honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback."

"Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey," Muzyka continued. "You'll hear more on this in April. We're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue."

He added that "the reaction to the release of Mass Effect 3 has been unprecedented. On one hand, some of our loyal fans are passionately expressing their displeasure about how their game concluded; we care about this feedback, and we're planning to directly address it."

Finally, Muzyka addressed the nature of recent fan responses, commenting that "some of the criticism that has been delivered in the heat of passion by our most ardent fans, even if founded on valid principles, such as seeking more clarity to questions or looking for more closure, for example – has unfortunately become destructive rather than constructive. We listen and will respond to constructive criticism, but much as we will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary."

Muzyka concluded by reminding fans that BioWare is listening, and that fans should "trust that we are doing our damndest, as always, to address your feedback."

Last edited by Poison-; 03-21-2012 at 12:46 PM..
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #87
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

That's good news, but it's not confirmed that's what they'll do. I'm just gonna wait for more details.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #88
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

What? They confirmed that they're doing something to provide extra closure.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2012, 09:18 AM   #89
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I have yet to beat the game, but the only ending I can think of that would be bad would be if nothing resolves.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2012, 12:46 PM   #90
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

That's pretty much what happens. No proper closure for any of the characters, and the ending is just poorly written.
Old 04-2-2012, 06:13 PM   #91
speeddemon
FFR Player

On another note, watching some of the people in multiplayer is just painful. Seeing things like an Asari Vanguard charging 4 Geth Pyros on a regular basis hurts me on the inside. I was actually in a game the other day with one of my friends, I was like a 12 Salarian Engineer and he was a 6 Human Soldier and there was a vanguard (I think lvl 18) and infiltrator (I think ~15 Quarian) on our team. The match was Silver with Reapers on Reactor (random'd of course), and the scores were like me with 50k, my friend with 40k, the vanguard with 20k, and the infiltrator with 10k. We lost because we couldn't carry the two of them. It was an odd mix of hilarious and terrifying that they were outperformed by a level 6 soldier that badly lol.
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2012, 01:38 PM   #92
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17626125

rofl they're gonna retcon the ending. WOOT.
Old 04-5-2012, 01:43 PM   #93
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This actually works in their favor because now people will replay the game and probably get more people to buy it. At least I'll probably replay it.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2012, 01:56 PM   #94
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Same. It was definitely a good game, the ending just made me really mad.