Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-8-2012, 04:34 PM   #41
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9
Default Re: Mass Effect 3

What the **** did I just fight @_@
Dead Space 3: Mass Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2012, 09:26 PM   #42
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

Keelah se'lai
:'(
Quote:
Old 03-8-2012, 09:40 PM   #43
CammyGoesRawr
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran

Nice quad post bromigo

CammyGoesRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2012, 09:59 PM   #44
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Thanks homie.

I'll post as many times in a row as I wish within my own thread
Quote:
Old 03-9-2012, 12:21 AM   #45
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammyGoesRawr View Post
Nice quad post bromigo
He has quite a quad, quad posting on these forums.

Get Kancho'd

FontSize72LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 08:02 AM   #46
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

20 hours in now. It's starting to get really intense. I have the military strength bar full but I have to play more multiplayer to get my galactic readiness up. It's only at 60%.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 09:57 AM   #47
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

wow, only 20 hours to fill it up? I'm at 24 hours now I think and I have about 2431 points. Maybe it's cause I paused my game while I went for supper and classes... lol. I'd say it would be more like 18...? Meh. But yeah, the Krogan and Quarian final missions were ****ing intennnssseeee...
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 10:38 AM   #48
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So what happens if you don't play any multiplayer? Seeing as how I can't will the singleplayer still be possible? Seems weird that they would even be related.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2012, 03:26 PM   #49
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

The singleplayer is still completely completable without doing the multiplayer.
Old 03-9-2012, 03:49 PM   #50
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

The one voice command I wish the Kinect ****ing had: RELOAD
Being able to yell at Liara for singularity is awesome though.
Quote:
Old 03-9-2012, 07:36 PM   #51
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
So what happens if you don't play any multiplayer? Seeing as how I can't will the singleplayer still be possible? Seems weird that they would even be related.
Its still completeable but you're pretty much capped out at around 7000 (Which is halved if you don't do any multiplayer/IOS game). AFAIK you still get the "best" ending at 3000+. The ending is pretty intense, I haven't gotten it completely done but unfortunately i spoiled the plot already by reading up on it before launch. Still should be interesting to see.

Quarian/Krogan Missions were intense, They really did a good job putting things in perspective. They found a way to make things epic, fun, and interesting to look at, at the same time.

Honestly though, i have no idea why things like the multiplayer and IOS game have THAT much of an impact on your game. If you don't do any of them i believe your readiness is capped at 50% which halves all of your points. I understand they're trying to market something that will have an immense amount of replay value. It just seems silly to force people who may or may not even want to experience that part of the game. Oh well, I didn't do this run through with mulitplayer, i suppose i can do a bit of multiplayer after this is finished. I'll probably play through it again to make sure i didn't miss anything (I'm pretty sure i've missed some upgrades and a small number of side missions)

Also, DLC is very important in this game. I kind of wish they just went ahead and included it into the original game and found something else to chalk out to DLC, but what can you do. I think they did a good job on it though.

Edit: Just finished the game. Nothing really prepares you on how it actually turns out. I'm not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing yet. Still got to wait for it to sink in. It probably helps that i was expecting it somewhat, but yeah it was pretty intense.

Get Kancho'd

Last edited by FontSize72LOL; 03-9-2012 at 08:24 PM..
Old 03-9-2012, 10:29 PM   #52
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Those were the worst ****ing endings ever. **** BioWare. UGHHHH. So glad I didn't buy it.
Old 03-9-2012, 10:47 PM   #53
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGhost View Post
Those were the worst ****ing endings ever. **** BioWare. UGHHHH. So glad I didn't buy it.
Lol yeah. Inb4 rage. Honestly kind of bothered me, but i'll probably get over it. Lots of rage over on BSN.

I bet you they'll do a happy ending DLC because not only are you pissed but even the majority of harden biodrones aren't happy with how the end turned out. If they want to still have a fanbase for this game just in case they want to do some sort of spin off game on the franchise (as Shepard's story was completed). I'm personally chose the destroy reapers/Mass Relay's Ending, Puts the galaxy back in the stone age but it prevents the reapers from ever becoming a threat in the future. Going to try the control ending next.

That being said. I still enjoyed the game for what it was. Was it worth 60+$? Probably not, but it wasn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. I'm quite disappointed that the single player only sits at about 30-35 hours of gameplay. I was hoping for at least 40-50. More DLC will probably come in the future that will stretch the gameplay out. Will i like it? Maybe.

I still don't know why they didn't release any sort of "Happy" ending. The best ending is bittersweet at best. All endings require Shepard to cease to exist whether he dies or merges with the reapers. I would like atleast 1 ending he can take care of the reapers without causing his death, and the destruction of all technology/relays and stay himself. Yes something like that is almost equally ridiculous than whats currently there, but as a human being, I prefer a happy ending.

Get Kancho'd

Old 03-9-2012, 11:21 PM   #54
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

So I went through all the video files (.bik) in the game to see all the possible endings and what cinematic clips they show, here's what I found.

One ending shows shephard still alive, you see him laying there, his face not shown (cause it's pre-rendered) and he has one puff of air, you see his chest inflate a little. That's it.

All endings have the mass relays destroyed, regardless. All of them have joker/normandy crash, but the part where people come out of the ship is not pre-rendered because who comes out is based on who you used the most in the game.

Synthetic ending gives you joker + EDI always, with your most played char (I think) coming out last.

The endings are basically just recolored explosions and stuff, and played together depending on a few different variables. Destroying the collector base or not in ME2 or not changes the outcomes as well, but not by much.

The red ending (destroy, the one on the right) has the most variance. One has earth wiped out, another has the humans spared but the planet is basically decimated, and the other just destroys the reapers.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #55
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Believe I read there are 16 endings, depending on your War Assets, which ending you choose and what you did with the Collector Base in the second game.

I chose to
control the Reapers
and was kinda "meh" with the ending.

Overall, the Mass Effect series is one of the best.
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #56
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I also read there's a 17th ending if you play new game +, but I don't have the patience for that right now.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #57
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

****ing quality handiwork there Bioware...

Old 03-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #58
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGhost View Post
****ing quality handiwork there Bioware...

You should see where they got Tali's Picture from, Its definitely a photoshop lol. Still, They gave Tali a relatively attractive face. Glad my gamble payed off and i didn't end up with a Jabba vas Normandy.

Get Kancho'd

Old 03-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #59
speeddemon
FFR Player

Not sure why people are annoyed with the ending. It was bittersweet, but sometimes that's how things need to go down. The rest of the game was bittersweet, what with the end of Tuchanka, the end of the events on the Citadel after Tuchanka, and the end of the Geth/Quarian war, so why should the VERY end not follow suit (oh and I realize these can all be technically happy endings, but there's no way you can avoid feeling downtrodden even if you take the best path)? The only part that annoyed me was that because I didn't pick war hero all the way back in ME 1 i was like 5 paragon short of the last persuade option and had to do the renegade thing and ruin my perfect paragon run lol.
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #60
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Yeah that irked me too @ the last paragon thing. :/