Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2006, 02:04 AM   #1
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
Default The next jTWG

I don't know if anyone has already decided what's going on with the next jTWG as far as hosting, but if it were at all possible I would like to either host it or not play and know all the roles.

I've read through quite a few jTWGs and TWGs, and I think it would prove an extremely interesting experience if I could watch a game while knowing all of the roles. I'm sure that if I neither play nor host and I ask for the roles I may be laughed at, which is why I ask to host possibly. I don't know if people get to host because they earn it, or their seniority earns it for them, or whatever the process is, which is why I ask.

If I were to host the next jTWG I would want to see something like...

2 Wolves
6 Humans
1 Seer
1 Guardian

since the last two games have been seer psychic.

I'm expecting a solid 'no' to everything written here, but hey, it's worth a shot, and would be more enjoyable than playing, in my opinion.

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:19 AM   #2
ddrdanc3r55
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ddrdanc3r55 Send a message via MSN to ddrdanc3r55
Default Re: The next jTWG

Humans will win this one. The seer can come out, and reveal all his visions because of the guardian.
ddrdanc3r55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
chickendude
Away from Computer
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to chickendude

no MW?
MWs are cool
Old 06-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Add a master wolf. That would increase the chances of a seer seering the masterwolf and have him come up human so that the wolves have a better shot.

Plus, the players elect their own hosts after the current jtwg is over. And the current jtwg is in the beginning.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #5
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924
Plus, the players elect their own hosts after the current jtwg is over. And the current jtwg is in the beginning.
?? it's always been whoever wants to host rofl
Old 06-11-2006, 01:48 PM   #6
MiniNeo
FFR Player

It is because only one person want to host for the past two games, if there's more than one host then we vote on it like TWG.
MiniNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

I'd do it any format that was agreed on, I would just like to host if that'd be ok ^_^

Obviously I'll have to wait until the current one is over, but if anyone has any objections, let me know.

Old 06-11-2006, 11:37 PM   #8
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
I'd do it any format that was agreed on, I would just like to host if that'd be ok ^_^

Obviously I'll have to wait until the current one is over, but if anyone has any objections, let me know.
If you host, Stoic cant play, and you know why lol
Old 06-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #9
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

I figured that would be said, but wouldn't that be a different situation than anything previously?

So that everone knows, StoicRoivaS is my brother, we live in the same house.

I'm not trying to push the issue, but I would not like my hosting to affect his playing if possible. I think that the reason that people could not know each other IRL and play a game together was because people would act differently... say x is a wolf, and y is human. X will try to not talk about TWG IRL because he knows that y is human, and he could be suspicious. (it's easier to lie over the internet.) The difference is that I would already know he was a wolf, and he would know I'm host. Thus, it turns into about the same thing as me playing jTWG and talking to wilkin on AIM while he is hosting.

Also, my computer has a 3 minute screen saver with a 16 character alpha-numeric password, and he won't be able to get on it if he wants.

Again, I'm not trying to push the issue, I want all points heard and I want a clear answer after said points are thought through. I will follow this answer fully, I just want it to be the most reasonable it can be.

-Edited for spelling 5 minutes after I woke up.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #10
mattc16
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mattc16 Send a message via MSN to mattc16

I was under the assumption that a person who knows another IRL is allowed to play in a game hosted by that person, just not play together.

Click for great online poker rakeback offers!
mattc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:07 AM   #11
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

I was thinking about how the game would be set up, and I'm looking for something a little different than the last two games.

I found a role online called the 'hellhoud' which is a wolf. It said 'whenever the hellhound attacks someone at night, if they attack the guardian, he dies, if they attack whoever the guardian guards, they both die' Since the wolf attacks are as a group, I assume that means 'when he wolves attack'

I would make it so the 'hellhound' (I'm assuming there's a different name for it here, please tell me what that is) would kill the guardian and whoever he is guarding, if the wolves attack ether one, but only as long as the hellhound is alive. I would try to balance this by making the game look like this:

11 players
1 Seer
1 Psychic
1 Guardian
1 Masterwolf
1 Hellhound
6 Humans

This can be changed as anyone sees fit, but I think it would be an exciting game, and would prevent the seer from comign out and being guarded even more than just a masterwolf. It would make an aliance something to work towards.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:00 PM   #12
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

probably drop the psychic

But yea the hellhound would definitely stop alliances from being publically formed.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, hellhound would be the same as not having a guardian at all since there would be little reason for the guardian to guard people unless he thought the hellhound was dead.

Last edited by iggymatrixcounter; 06-12-2006 at 12:08 PM..
iggymatrixcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #13
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

But there is a guardian, and he can guard people still. There's a 22% chance that the hellhound's ability will take effect (if a random vote is in place, that is) each day. Thus, if the game lasts 5 days, it will take effect once, by probability. The game will last most likely 3-5 days, and the role of the psychic offsets the wolves advantage with the double kill possibility.

Edit:
Actually. Now I understand what you're saying. The guardian's role won't take effect unless the hellhound is dead.

Hmm...

Old 06-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #14
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Well, whoever has any ideas, let me know ^_^

Old 06-12-2006, 08:23 PM   #15
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcgator
?? it's always been whoever wants to host rofl
No, the players in the game have normally elected the next host. Each host submitted their idea for a game to the previous host and then he displays them in a thread. Then the people who play vote the host.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:05 AM   #16
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

1 Wolf Shaman*
1 Wolf
2 Dark Confidants*
1 Seer
5 Humans

*My brother and I just came up with both of these roles, and perhaps they have both been thought of before, but here is how it works.

Wolf Shaman - This is the same as a normal wolf, talks to the other normally, but each night the WS can pick one human to check the color of (the wolves already know who the humans are, so this is not an issue) and the host PMs them the color (green or blue) after the wolves send in their kill. (this way the shaman's 'vision,' if you will, will not affect the choice for kill that night.)

Dark Confidant - These two people have the ability to, once per game, without a doubt (through the host) tell another player his alignment, which is obviously human. This could either turn out good (if they tell a human) or null if they tell a wolf (as they will be the equivalent of a green afterwards, which the wolves already know)

All of this is subject to change at everyone's suggestions. I've tried making this as balanced as possible, and considering everything I can, but I'm assuming I've missed something, as I am not perfect. Just trying to think of [hopefully] new things that could be interesting.

It also might be more enticing to players to know that I already have the foundations of a story built that could be used for this build of jTWG.

Edit:
In the event that it was not entirely clear, the Dark Confidant(s) would send their PMs to the host during the night along with the other special roles, and their chosen player would recieve a PM from the host telling them who the Dark Confidant is that chose them, and that they are undenyably human, during the resolution of the night phase (Seer getting PM back from the host, etc)

Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 06-13-2006 at 01:41 AM..
Old 06-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #17
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

The confidants sound like mason roles, in which 2 or 3 people know each other as humans and they work together and whatnot throughout the game. Though I doubt the usefulness of this role as I don't see any reason why a human would want to reveal himself to anyone. Unless a seer came out then it might prove useful but otherwise, the confidant is only telling one person his true identity and not publically. But anything that starts discussion IMO is good so either way.

I like the idea of the shaman though. It closes in on the human's chances for finding wolves as the wolves would only try to kill the seer foremost.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:10 AM   #18
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

I was also considering masons instead of the Confidants, but I didn't want to make it too heavily weighted, but at the same time I wanted to increase the chances the shaman would hit a blue, but it not be the seer.

How should I change this?

Old 06-13-2006, 11:52 AM   #19
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

The reason we came up with the Dark Confidant is because it would let someone make an aliance with whoever they want (masons are predetermined) and it would not be as beneficial to the human, as to not weight it towards them.

Using masons would work, but I think it would be balanced looking something like:

10 players
------------
1 Wolf Shaman
1 Master Wolf
1 Seer
3 Masons
4 Humans

Two things, if anyone has an objection to this setup, let me know, and could anyone verify this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc16
I was under the assumption that a person who knows another IRL is allowed to play in a game hosted by that person, just not play together.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:58 AM   #20
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Another thing we just thought about (trying to be creative here) Two special roles, one for the humans, and one for the wolves.

Hunted Wolf - Cannot be lynched. If the village attepts to lynch this person, it becomes public knowledge that they are the Hunted Wolf. Can only die by a PM to the host from the Bounty Hunter with the Hunted Wolf's name.

Bounty Hunter - During the beginning of the night phase (when the wolves and seer send in PMs) this person sends in one pick for who they think the Hunted Wolf is. If they are right, it's an instant kill, and the wolfing/lynching for the day still happen.

If the Bounty Hunter dies, the humans must get rid of all wolves except for the Hunted Wolf in order to win.
I'm starting to realize that this would only work well in a larger game, but all of this is open for conversation. Just trying to get some interesting things out there.

Edit:
I'm sorry for triple posting... It's becoming a habit posting again instead of editing.

Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 06-13-2006 at 01:37 PM..