Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2008, 01:04 AM   #361
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami
Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Not even blue has the SDG because it's long and retarded. Leave it as an AAA, it's reasonable enough if I could make one for etude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadNv View Post
Got dibs on La Camp.
Oh right, Im not any good.
Got dibs on Pita.
Redorigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:28 AM   #362
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

I'll be Out for some time..
Not sure how long =[[

As for how it happened..
It wasn't playing a song..
I went to the lake to see my girl.. While swimming I came across a wooden Beam in the water..
Didn't know it was there.. as I swam by cut open my hand inbetween my thumb and index..
Splinter is still lodged inside of it..
So, unless I get it surgically removed I doubt I'll even be able to play again.

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:31 AM   #363
Golden720
FFR Player

Wow....that sucks dude
Old 07-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #364
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow

Send a message via AIM to Redorigami Send a message via MSN to Redorigami Send a message via Yahoo to Redorigami

Um why WOULDN'T you get it surgically removed? Do you enjoy having a splinter lodged inside your hand?
Quote:
Got dibs on La Camp.
Got dibs on Pita.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:32 AM   #365
Cj_leonine
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hay guyz.
;D

Bye guyz.

Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night
Cj_leonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:00 AM   #366
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redorigami View Post
Not even blue has the SDG because it's long and retarded. Leave it as an AAA, it's reasonable enough if I could make one for etude.
It's the trills, actually. Timing them at that bpm is EXTREMELY hard, especially when 90% of the song consists of them.

Besides, I don't think anybody has AAA'ed that one handed...at least 2 people have AAA'ed Etude, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore View Post
I'll be Out for some time..
Not sure how long =[[

As for how it happened..
It wasn't playing a song..
I went to the lake to see my girl.. While swimming I came across a wooden Beam in the water..
Didn't know it was there.. as I swam by cut open my hand inbetween my thumb and index..
Splinter is still lodged inside of it..
So, unless I get it surgically removed I doubt I'll even be able to play again.
Wow dude, that really sucks. I hope that you do get it out, and that there is no permanent damage. It's better than carpal tunnel, at least you can say that. My sister also wishes you good luck. :]

*Announcement: Two days until the Tier Point list gets updated. Continue discussion of the changes and additions that should be made.*

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/battle-tower-royale-title-theme
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:15 AM   #367
TakeHayashi_XD
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TakeHayashi_XD Send a message via Yahoo to TakeHayashi_XD

hello fellow one handers
do you have any tips on getting better at one handing
i do one hand three fingers

.hack//roots
TakeHayashi_XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:46 AM   #368
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Hey with the new tiers comming in I'm already tier 2
Go me!
Also.. I'm working around getting my fingers to move faster
I can still play it just hurts like hell

Fail attempt no watching me fail playing.. =[[

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49

Last edited by 8 Hour Whore; 07-30-2008 at 04:11 AM..
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:55 AM   #369
hi_top
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Ok take me off the list, I switched to spread
hi_top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:22 AM   #370
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Personally, I like the AAA of Eternal Nightmare; I think it will give us all something to do. As for that token with the MP level 15....your MP level has to be 15...not 18. So bring it down if you have to lol That token could be looked at as an anti or a normal skill token. Bynary, ONLY CHANGE Eternal Nightmare from AAA to SDG if you ABSOLUTELY have to. I strongly feel that it is a goal that we all should have. I do not think it is THAT hard if you whore the song enough. Well, perhaps we can get a vote of some sort as to what that should be. My prayers are with you 8 hour whore....what a story. I hope everyone likes my tokens.

Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #371
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

Take me off the list if you want. Let me explain.

Today I found that what was holding me back average rank-wise were basically all the songs that require fast mash, moreso than skill and accuracy.

So, I switched my layout from the default to m,./ and two-handed mashed the following songs to improve ranking along with the results shown below.

HELLBEAT m,./ mash
went from 3955 to 1524

Frictional Nevada 2774 to 1626

Crowdpleaser 3620 to 3360

Molto Vivace 2975 to 1477

The Adventures Of Lolo
2326 to 360

AIM Anthem 1588 to 1077

Reality 2182 to 884

One Minute Waltz 2050 to 959

Eclipse (Solar) 2160 to 1543

Death Piano 1641 to 840

Scythe of 13 905 to 600

Going On Spring Wind 1190 to 559

Eradication 1321 to 667

As you can see, most of those are quite significant rank drops.

For the fun songs I use one-handed though. I only did that for the average rank drop to get me under 1000 so I could get the token.

Now I understand why some people do so much better than me at certain of the hardest songs multiplayer. They're not better than me skill or accuracy-wise, but simply they choose 11s or 12s and mash them. It also makes a lot of sense now why their lifebars would be so much worse than mine and yet they still win overall. It's from the boos from mashing and from the huge bonus from a better combo.

Alright, so I have concluded that one-handed play is best for skill, accuracy, and just plain fun whereas two-handed mash is best for the ridiculous stuff.

I'm still going to primarily play one-handed. Only things I'm not doing it on are the mashfests, specifically for that purpose.
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #372
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The only thing I have to say about what you did is that it is just stupid. You wanted your avg rank below 1000 for the token......why couldn't you do that one-handed? It is very possible and all you had to do was just try; seems like you gave in though. Do what you want and I DO understand that you still play one-hand....but playing 2 hand for mashing is just worse than mashing at all. So you got your rank below 1000; are you actually satisfied equally if you did it one hand? I think not. I guess the decision is up to everyone else. This is all my opinion; please do not take this out of hand. Thank you.

P.S. I AAA 5 songs in a row.

Last edited by Card Man; 07-30-2008 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Skill Token
Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #373
marioGP87
Shiny Zoroa :')
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to marioGP87 Send a message via Yahoo to marioGP87

Hey, can you add me to the list since I play one-hand. (three fingers for the format) Can someone make me an ST aswell? I have the req but I suck at drawing tokens.

Best AAA: Famouz (HEAVY UNLOCK!)
marioGP87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #374
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hello! Nice meeting you. I do think that you have to get your average rank below 4000 to even be thought of to get on the list. Most of the time you need to beat the person that is 30th to get on the list. As for the ST; I just made some recently so ask someone else.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #375
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Card Man, I understand what you mean. But also think about why my average rank (and probably yours too and everyone else's who doesn't mash) was so bad on those songs. It's precisely because that many people mashed on the songs. It's not possible to compete with that unless you also mash.

And I am not considering any possible rare skill of someone who can full combo 11s and 12s with insane accuracy and very few or no boos. If there are such people, then they truly earned their places. But the reason those particular songs bring average rank up so high is precisely because most of the people who did "better" than you on those songs mashed.

The problem is in how FFR scores. It overly rewards long combos and doesn't punish boos enough, points-wise. If it relied exclusively on PA instead of combo (completely ignoring combo), I think you would see that you (and I, and others with decent PA) would be scoring a lot better relative to everyone else than we have been or are.

Quite simply the way it is set up encourages mash on some stuff and I don't believe it is possible to even come close to full-combo some stuff without it.

If the game only went up to 10s and rewarded PA exclusively, with no bonus for combo, and with severe punishments for boos, then you'd see more of what you want to see, I think. But that's not how it's set up, unfortunately.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #376
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I understand your logic but in my eyes it will never be worth it to mash with 2 hands....my worst song is CIA Rave and I have a rank 10,000 for that song where as ALL other songs are below rank 6,000. How do you think i feel? If I got 1000 boos on CIA rave and a FC, Im sure it would help my rank; but I choose not to. I accept the facts that you have made and I move on; that is my style. I can't thank you enough for not flipping out on me. I know I may have said somethings that completely go against you but as I said before; no hard feelings.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #377
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

CIA Rave is also my absolute worst. (Still is). By the way, I do believe CIA Rave is FCable without mash but just really really hard to do.

Anyway, I'm below 1000 average rank now. I'll probably just do the mash on various skill token things that require it and/or if someone picks an obviously mash song on multiplayer. Mashing isn't fun and it isn't skill. And if someone is picking obvious mash songs to verse me with they obviously aren't trying to beat me by their skill so they may as well have a taste of the mash as well.

By the way, I did get to rank 15 multiplayer at one point and this was before I started two-hand mashing.

Obviously I can try for some more AAAs the old-fashioned way.

Also, the way I see it, that particular token is only going to be harder and harder to get the more time passes. I saw an opportunity and took it.

I understand you view it as a kind of selling out but so be it.

I hope you can make it there (under 1000 avg rank) without the mash but if not, I understand why.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #378
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow

Ok Bynary, I'll work on AAAing it for y'all. Because it'd be ridiculous to see you turn that token into an SDG. I really don't see the problem with the trills, I tried em one handed last night, they're not that hard.

Cardman: Considering how unimportant these one handed skill tokens actually are for anything besides bragging rights, I doubt many people over MP lvl 15 will want to purposefully lower it to 15 exactly.
Quote:
Got dibs on La Camp.
Got dibs on Pita.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:28 AM   #379
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
At least you'll have a new goal: get as good as me. How long will you be out? (and what song were you playing when it happened?).

@Cardman: All the tokens are great, but for the Eternal Nightmare AAA token, not even Blue has an SDG on that song, so how about an SDG? I'll add the other two tomorrow.

~Bynary Fission
Keep it as an AAA. And stop using me as an example. "not even blue SDG'd Death Piano we can't FC it" is what it's going to turn into next.

Though, just for kicks i'll play it now and see what I get.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #380
Redorigami
Call me Massive Swallow

It's unanimous,it should be kept as a AAA. kthx
Quote:
Got dibs on La Camp.
Got dibs on Pita.