Old 12-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #1641
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

I think it would be cool if we could have over average rank of all the songs on our profile, but also an average rank for all C/VC+ songs, for people who dont like playing easier songs.

Just a personal idea.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #1642
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
At least, do what was said as potential and temporarily put up the DB so we can retrieve our files (and e-mail everyone who uploaded a file if possible, perhaps they'll come back.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
The site doesn't have space for the simfile DB. It barely has enough to keep the site alive as it is. Also the legal issues behind it along with other things.
Uhh
If they don't have space for the Simfile DB, they don't have space for it. Just saying..

edit:
Dragon to add to that maybe switch the names to Low Tier Average Rank and High Tier Average Rank?
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #1643
emulord
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Pretty sure thats the point of tier points. Make it so you dont need to be a completionist and still have good stats.
emulord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #1644
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

It would be cool to have a total PA line at the bottom of the level ranks. 50 newly released songs ago, mine was
801,106-74,515-17,698-9,016-67,042
It has improved since then, but Im waiting until R8 rounds are out to do up a new spreadsheet.
=)

Edit:// For example Dossar would be

X Perfects - 31-2-0-9

He could SDG FFR someday lol

Last edited by TheSaxRunner05; 12-31-2011 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Clarity
TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #1645
emulord
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

^^^ Lol, but great idea!
I have 932409Perfs,
16440Goods,
8465Avg
14Miss,
31205Boo
Lol boocount

1-7 AAA'd, 8: 14good,2boo, 9:61g,1a,0m,12b
10:988, 68, 0, 368
11:3708, 1203, 0, 4707
12:10635, 6461, 7, 24133 (PS I have FCed all the 12s, its just that I lost FCs with better PA attempts)
13:1032, 732, 7, 1983

Last edited by emulord; 12-31-2011 at 02:15 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #1646
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulord View Post
Pretty sure thats the point of tier points. Make it so you dont need to be a completionist and still have good stats.
I guess you haven't seen what's going to be happening to the tier points.
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #1647
emulord
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Having to play a few 8s isnt the end of the world :P
Old 12-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #1648
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulord View Post
Having to play a few 8s isnt the end of the world :P
7's*
Old 12-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #1649
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emithith View Post
edit2: Also, how about a line at the bottom of the levalranks page that adds up the total for each column
example:(Score P G A M B C Played
3,900,000,000 324843 149045 84583 18280 483759 4030)
This got lost around like pg70 or something.
Old 01-2-2012, 04:09 PM   #1650
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Since It's clear many (if not most) people on the site think that the requirements for being a Veteran seem a little silly.

I think that we should create different types of Veteran statuses, each with it's own unique requirements.

For example:

a) FFR Game Veteran - Achieve a Grandtotal Score of at least 10 Billion, have at least 10,000 games played, have at least 75% of songs FC'd, and 50% of songs AAA'd.

b) FFR Forum Veteran - Have at least 1,500 Forum Posts and at least 250 +1's to your posts (combinable, and I'll explain this later).

c) FFR Site Veteran - Be a member of FFR for at least Five Years, and have Forum Veteran and Game Veteran Status (Replaces both with this.)

d) FFR Elite Supporter - Be credited for at least 3(maybe 5?) different ideas to update the site that were achieved OR be credited for appearing at an FFR Meetup, and have FFR Site Veteran status (Replaces)

What I wrote in Forum Veteran about +1'ing posts, was another idea of mine. To eliminate some postwhoring, I thought we could include a "Was this post helpful/relevant to the thread?" With a "Yes or No" option. This yes or no option would be available only to members approved members (approved by possible application sent to moderator's or people approved to check over them?), to avoid people hoarding the +1 option or using alts to up their count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2012, 06:11 PM   #1651
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
Since It's clear many (if not most) people on the site think that the requirements for being a Veteran seem a little silly.

I think that we should create different types of Veteran statuses, each with it's own unique requirements.

For example:

a) FFR Game Veteran - Achieve a Grandtotal Score of at least 10 Billion, have at least 10,000 games played, have at least 75% of songs FC'd, and 50% of songs AAA'd.

b) FFR Forum Veteran - Have at least 1,500 Forum Posts and at least 250 +1's to your posts (combinable, and I'll explain this later).

c) FFR Site Veteran - Be a member of FFR for at least Five Years, and have Forum Veteran and Game Veteran Status (Replaces both with this.)

d) FFR Elite Supporter - Be credited for at least 3(maybe 5?) different ideas to update the site that were achieved OR be credited for appearing at an FFR Meetup, and have FFR Site Veteran status (Replaces)

What I wrote in Forum Veteran about +1'ing posts, was another idea of mine. To eliminate some postwhoring, I thought we could include a "Was this post helpful/relevant to the thread?" With a "Yes or No" option. This yes or no option would be available only to members approved members (approved by possible application sent to moderator's or people approved to check over them?), to avoid people hoarding the +1 option or using alts to up their count.
I think the req's you stated for Game Veteran is a little bit high, especially for some people who may have been playing for years and still aren't good enough to AAA 50% of the songs, that's currently over 500, and the same for FC's, being a D4 player and still don't have near 500, nor do I have 10bil yet.
The different types of veteran's seems like a good idea to me, but it should also be able to work for lower tier players as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Zakvvv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2012, 06:15 PM   #1652
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666 View Post
I think the req's you stated for Game Veteran is a little bit high, especially for some people who may have been playing for years and still aren't good enough to AAA 50% of the songs, that's currently over 500, and the same for FC's, being a D4 player and still don't have near 500, nor do I have 10bil yet.
The different types of veteran's seems like a good idea to me, but it should also be able to work for lower tier players as well.
I will admit, 50% AAA's is a bit much. Though FC's are not that challenging when the large majority of songs are <9 difficulty.

I also disagree with changing 10-15 Billion requirement, since that requires playing the game alot, wouldn't that make sense?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 01-2-2012, 06:27 PM   #1653
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
I will admit, 50% AAA's is a bit much. Though FC's are not that challenging when the large majority of songs are <9 difficulty.

I also disagree with changing 10-15 Billion requirement, since that requires playing the game alot, wouldn't that make sense?
It should certainly be high but maybe a little lower, like 7.5bil? It seems reasonable since that still takes a ton of playing over a long period of time.

Quote:
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Old 01-2-2012, 06:31 PM   #1654
Emithith
FFR Player

I'm afraid you'll get nowhere with this like the many other threads with this idea. D:
/just saying
Old 01-2-2012, 06:33 PM   #1655
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man is awesome View Post

10 billion is a little high, but to fit the "veteran" feel I suppose it's alright. This one will be subjective for sure, but I think the FC/AAA %s are bit high.

The +1 idea might be okay, but validating each +1 would be tiresome as you explained below. We have so many members that it'd be disgusting to have to wade through all of the approvals. vBulletin has a reputation feature, but it might be spammed by trolls. Negative reputations can be removed by moderators/admins though, so it could be feasible.

Seeing as the site has been up for over 10 years, I suppose 5 years is an okay benchmark. However, a good chunk of the current userbase is from late 2007 onward. They'll have to wait then, so this could be good.

I don't really like this one. You don't have to volunteer your input when being on this site, and while it's certainly helpful to the staff, you shouldn't have to expect any huge commendation other than a "thanks" from the staff and adding your idea(s) to the site. As for the appearance at a meetup, this may be subjective but many people cannot make it to events such as FFR meetups because of location, so it makes this title sort of elitist.

Overall, these are okay levels, other than the last one which I don't agree with. The names could use some work as well, but this seems like it'd be a feasible idea if the community wanted to split veteran status into levels.
My responses in bold.

Last edited by Netjet!; 01-2-2012 at 06:47 PM..
Netjet! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2012, 06:34 PM   #1656
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emithith View Post
I'm afraid you'll get nowhere with this like the many other threads with this idea. D:
/just saying
Sadly this is probably true, it would be nice if a few more ideas from here were used in the game/site.

EDIT: Netjet I'm not sure why, but I think you quoted yo man wrong xD

Quote:

Last edited by Zakvvv666; 01-2-2012 at 06:38 PM..
Old 01-2-2012, 06:41 PM   #1657
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netjet! View Post
*your responses*
Precisely why I put this in the Suggestions thread. I sincerely doubted that my ballpark estimates of requirements would be right, so I put this here instead of in a new thread so it could be worked on with others to help perfect it.

EDIT: XD Netjet how did you manage that

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by yo man im awesome; 01-2-2012 at 06:47 PM..
Old 01-2-2012, 06:46 PM   #1658
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Alright. And how did I end up quoting it as Zak? lmao
Old 01-2-2012, 06:48 PM   #1659
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

10bil includes probably what, 400 people? That's kinda high I think still..
Old 01-2-2012, 06:49 PM   #1660
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Yeah, 5bil is probably around ~1200 people I think? Probably somewhere around that. Maybe 4-5 bil would be better? Really depends on what level you'd draw the line for "veteran".