Old 11-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #1
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Trials Frontier

Download Trials Frontier for Android

Download Trials Frontier for iOShit (clearly not expressing bias here (or sarcasm))

Trials is a game that has quite a history, starting as a flash browser game in 2000. Since then, the game has expanded quite a bit very seriously and across most major platforms. It is basically a motorcycle game where the objective is to maneuver through an obstacle course.

My review of the game if you wanna read:

Long version

The Trials series in general I think is fantastic. The game concept is incredibly simple and quick to pick up, yet there are so many nuances and tricks to learn and the skill cap for harder courses gets pretty ridiculous. It's one of those "easy to learn, hard to master" games, which I love for their elegance. In addition to that, they've had many years to really develop level-making and game balance, and they seem to have done a really good job with it overall.

Trials Frontier is nice because it's a game that is very suitable for the mobile device and it's free. "Free." The only MAJOR problem with this game is that it's plagued by the microtransaction bullshit format every mobile game is adopting nowadays, which is totally not suitable for this game and only really frustrates players and impedes legitimate progress. However, for those willing to overlook this, the game at its core is still fantastic and fun and competitive (eventually). And those of you that do play, you should discuss and share and chat in this thread about it.

Short version

Incredibly fun and addictive game at its core, easy to learn yet hard to master. Elegantly designed and probably balanced pretty well. Major downside is that it's plagued by the microtransaction format, and this is usually very frustrating.

Discuss and share IDs to add each other.

me: CosmoVibe

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 11-26-2014 at 12:14 AM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:25 AM   #2
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: Trials Frontier

I've gotten a significant amount of progress into this game, so if any of you have questions, feel free to ask.

I've probably already encountered a lot of problems, traps (usually with quests), and bugs you'll ever face. As I recall them or someone points them out, I'll list them here.

Bugs:
- ANBA robot quests could eventually cause your game to crash. If you sign up for Uplay, don't ever be afraid to reinstall your game. It will eventually let you reload your account save or overwrite a new one.

Traps:
- You can buy parts immediately with gems in the garage. If you want to check your inventory, DON'T click the parts with gem prices underneath or you'll purchase them automatically with no confirmation.
- Eventually you'll get a quest to complete an "expert track". You will be warned that this track is extremely difficult and the reward is like 20 gems or something. They don't tell you this until you start the quest, but you need 95 gems to even unlock and play the courses, and even then they could be close to impossible if your bike isn't upgraded enough. If you're unsure about how easy or difficult the track is to clear with your bike, ask and I might be able to help.
- I don't know if the Pumpkin King quests are still available, but if they are, they're REALLY grindy, basically making you farm thousands of items and play constantly. Only the first set of 4 quests are even remotely worth clearing, and the only thing you really get from it is an unlocked course. But that's up to you, ask if you want more details.
- I've been told that ANBA quests pit you against opponents close to your best time. If you want to keep beating opponents to farm [infinite] quests or collect blueprint pieces, don't crush the bots too hard so you keep your margin of winning open and wider. I didn't find this a problem but I didn't mind rerolling for the blueprint pieces and I'm pretty good at optimizing my runs and improving.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 11-26-2014 at 12:28 AM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote