ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ic0slay3r Send a message via Skype™ to ic0slay3r
Default Re: Arrowsmash City Pokémon League

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I found a wild shiny vulpix and killed it.

gragartaegeatgetgsagtatgatgatgegteasftra
dude you killed the most beautiful shiny pokemon :<

PS. I just finished the Unova pokedex :3

AAA:531
Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
# of BF: 42

-------
ic0slay3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2011, 05:09 PM   #163
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

I can't even beat the regular singles train (best is 19).

I have a Modest Volcarona and Adamant Deerling (summer form) with perfect attack I could offer as trade fodder, I just want to unlock super singles. Also, female Jolly Krookodile, but I'm currently working on getting her to level 100, something I have never done before with my own mons. (Did it once with a traded Garchomp in Platinum while training for the Battle Hall. Couldn't even get to 20.)

And yes, I have all four Deerling. :3
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2011, 05:14 PM   #164
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

probably gonna start working on this now.

also interesting because i finally have a router with a WEP connection. dream world here I come :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-2-2011, 05:37 PM   #165
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
I can't even beat the regular singles train (best is 19).

I have a Modest Volcarona and Adamant Deerling (summer form) with perfect attack I could offer as trade fodder, I just want to unlock super singles. Also, female Jolly Krookodile, but I'm currently working on getting her to level 100, something I have never done before with my own mons. (Did it once with a traded Garchomp in Platinum while training for the Battle Hall. Couldn't even get to 20.)

And yes, I have all four Deerling. :3
I can basically beat the whole regular singles with:

Excadrill @Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sand Rush
IVs: 31 Atk / 31 Spe
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Return

Add Hippowdon for sand and I had Unfeazant as well. Easy c:
remedy1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #166
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Got the Krook to level 100.

I is happy.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #167
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Double post because...whatever.

Anyway, I know a few of you guys play on PO by now...seen a couple of teams, etc. What I'd like to know is how good you guys are in terms of rating, because I'm having a hell of a time getting the help I need. (Not want, NEED.)

Apparently I'm still at the point where I'm in this camp:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine from Smogon
The reason that many of these players shouldn’t be attempting team building is because these players don’t quite know what works and what does not work yet. These players have a penchant for gimmicks, thinking that these gimmicks are awesome and amazing because the gimmicks may deal with a “problem” in a “creative” way… on paper anyway. Since these players do not have a fine grasp on the game, how could they be expected to make a working team? You cannot solve a multiplication problem without knowing how to multiply. Similarly, one must learn how to play the game before building a team.

Lurk more. Take a few of the fine teams that have been posted in the forum, play with them for a while, and learn the game a bit more.
I just don't know who to turn to anymore. People have offered me their teams, but unless I'm also given a Hoyle-esque guide as to "this is how to beat such-and-such" with the team, I'm about as bad as I usually am. Even one of my better and more knowledgeable friends constantly yells at me for following the metagame. Beyond that, I tend to panic when things go against me...from hax of all kinds to someone setting up to an unfortunate crit. There has been at least one occasion where I was 6-0ed and the other person didn't even need to switch, and more recently I took a 5-0 loss because I just couldn't stop a SHUCKLE.

Anyway, this was my latest attempt at getting to the four-digit mark before someone gave me a team that took him to the top, and while that one gives me more wins than usual, it never "goes off" as intended.

Enough of my sob story, here's the team.

Claydol @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
Dual screener, not much else to say. Def investment means it shouldn't fold to neutral attacks anytime soon, even Gyro Ball, and decent dual STAB options with some investment.

Virizion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
I think I pulled this off of another RMT. Giga Drain offsets the LO sap of HP, Focus Blast to hopefully eliminate pesky Steel-types, HP Ice for lol dragons. I think it was supposed to be anti-rain?

Magnezone @ Red Card
Trait: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
For some reason it wouldn't let me run the item I wanted, so I went with this. Decent natural bulk and shitton of resistances means I get my only phaze more often than not, at least. HP Fire for the off chance it managed to come in on something like Ferrothorn.

Mamoswine (M) @ NeverMeltIce
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
Something resembling a revenge killer, perhaps? Immune to hail and sand (and benefits from the former), sets up rocks, takes down pesky Dragons that are too fast to otherwise handle.

Ninetales (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Overheat
- Nasty Plot
- Attract
A Ninetales without Drought?! Yeah, I noticed at this point a lot of my team was weak to Fire, so I thought I'd throw this in. Heatran might be better for it, but she's faster and gets Nasty Plot to offset the power drop from Overheat. Dark Pulse is a nice coverage move.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Outrage
What's supposed to be the crux of the team. Salamence's power was such that he was banned last gen. EdgeQuake coupled with STAB Outrage should wreck everything, Intimidate for pseudo-bulk and possible setup chance.

So...tutoring pl0x?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #168
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Bump FGJ. (Figured this was the best place to put this without posting a new thread.)

http://kotaku.com/5888311/pokemon-bl...mmer/gallery/1

Also, I did beat the singles with Krookodile, Lucario and Stunfisk. Ingo leading with Garbodor helped a hell of a lot. :>
Old 02-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #169
Dark_Chrysalis
Something clever.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Dark_Chrysalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy1502 View Post
I can basically beat the whole regular singles with:

Excadrill @Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sand Rush
IVs: 31 Atk / 31 Spe
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Return

Add Hippowdon for sand and I had Unfeazant as well. Easy c:
Lol you and Excadrill... on a related note, I've beaten the entire Singles with only one guy too, but with the opposite strategy: a bit harder and lot longer to do. This strategy would only really work in the Singles, not Super Singles. Definitely need a whole team for that

Jellicent @Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Cursed Body
IVs: 31Def/30HP
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
~Scald
~Will-O-Wisp
~Recover
~Taunt

We max out HP to increase both Def and SpD at the same time, invest the majority of what's rest into Def to get it on par with the SpD stat, and invest a small amount into Spe to help it outspeed other Walls with Taunt. Cursed Body gives a 30% chance to disable the used attack for 5 turns. Taunt a wall and get its only attack disabled and you force a switch... or against AIs they just Struggle to death mwahahahaha.

Scald has 30% chance to burn, Will-O-Wisp to burn the physical attackers, and Recover to be a boss. I did indeed go through all 63 Pokemon with the setup... its a bit boring but funny.

Last edited by Dark_Chrysalis; 02-25-2012 at 11:08 PM..
Dark_Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #170
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

To celebrate one year since the release of what I will refer to as B1W1 (to distinguish slightly from the announced Black and White 2), Nintendo is giving away Reshiram for White version and Zekrom for Black, so the one you didn't beat the game with.

They're available over Nintendo WFC through April 8th, so get them while you can! Putting these bad boys into the dream world will even open up a new area!

More information: http://pokemondb.net/news/65/reshira...h-nintendo-wfc