Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How should the new combo colors default?
Default to specific colors for all new statuses 3 25.00%
Default to FC/Normal colors for new statuses 9 75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2020, 01:12 PM   #1
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Feature Discussion: Combo Color

A recent suggestion was made to increase the included combo colors from AAA, FC, and Regular to include SDG and Flag colors too.

The majority of the work to handle these in the engines is completed in a recent development build, and I've done additional work to handle Miss Flags now too.

What I would like to know (and everyone to vote on) is which of the following would be preferred (NOTE: existing colors users have chosen for Normal/FC/AAA will NOT be overwritten):

1) All statuses and flags default to their designated colors. Users can change them to the same color as other statuses if they do not want to see combo color for certain statuses/flags.

2) AAA, FC, and Normal combo colors persist with their same colors but new combo colors for SDG & song flags are set to FC/Normal color by default. Users can then specify colors if they want to see the additional combo colors while in-game.

Additional to voting on the poll for the above options, please feel free to provide feedback on the colors used. My logic is currently as follows, but I welcome community feedback on this too.

- SDG = transition in score from AAA to FC colors, so color somewhere in between.
- Black Flag = gray, as most song backgrounds are black and black would not be visible.
- Average Flag = Average judge color exactly.
- Boo Flag = lighter variation of Boo judge color for ease of visibility on black background.
- Miss Flag = Darker variation of Miss color as pure bright red displays when the engine is on autoplay.

Thanks all!

Last edited by justin_ator; 06-26-2020 at 02:42 PM..
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote