Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-3-2013, 07:33 AM   #21
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: movin' out

Usually when asking for advice about moving out, it's before you actually move out. You already have a place to live, know how you're going to move your stuff there, know the people you're moving in with. If you've fucked up seriously you've already done it. Most people I've known to move in with a friend move out without one.

Find out what everyone else has for cleanliness expectations. If they're higher than yours, figure out the couple of things that bother them the most and make sure you keep those clean. If yours are higher than theirs, figure out the couple of things that you absolutely can't have dirty and do your best to ignore other things.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2013, 02:31 PM   #22
massflavour
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to massflavour Send a message via MSN to massflavour

hey hey good advice guys thanks a ton. i just spent a night in jail. lol. so yea im gonna be moving out a littler sooner than expected....
Old 01-3-2013, 03:49 PM   #23
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Sounds like you have bigger issues than trying to smoothly move your stuff from one place to another
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2013, 04:02 PM   #24
massflavour
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
Sounds like you have bigger issues than trying to smoothly move your stuff from one place to another
hmm welp im gonna be homeless in a week probably. i have friends in high places who are gonna help me thru it but they can only do so much, e.g. giving me a place to stay for a week. ill be on my feet soon enough.
Old 01-3-2013, 04:05 PM   #25
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

the fuck have you been doing lmao
Old 01-3-2013, 04:13 PM   #26
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

wat...you went to jail lmao

Anyway, I have been living out of my house for the past three years now so I definitely have some advice for you:

1. Do not get yourself into a lot of shit. Set your priorities straight and make sure to do what you have to first before thinking about having fun.

2. If you ever run into a problem, learn to fix it yourself. Do not relay on others to fix the problem for you. If it gets to a point where you absolutely cannot fix the problem, ask your parents for help. If you do not have parents, ask a close buddy. If you have nobody to turn to then you have to deal with the problem yourself (or maybe just ask FFR again...lol)

3. Make sure that monthly expenses are split if you are living with a friend. You never want to pay a lot more then your other roommates. Make this a strict habit.

4. This goes without saying but be smart with your money. Even if you have a good amount of money, only use it more when you need it more. If you spend on more wants then needs, that is not a good sign unless if you have so much money to get away with it (which you dont most likely). A general rule of thumb (at least for me) is to store 90% of the money for needs and 10% on wants. This ratio could change depending on your situation.

EXAMPLE: So if you are making 50,000 bucks a year, you should not spend no more then 5,000 on wants for that whole year unless if you have the extra pocket money to do so. If it get to the point where you have everything you wanted, that is more bonus for you.

---- <--- This is basically where the rent advice ends

5. I know this may sound a bit harsh but think about yourself before thinking about someone else unless if it is someone that you own or your family. Friends can be tricky sometimes so make sure that you know the person really well. Other then that, only think about others if YOU KNOW that helping that person will not harm/screw you in anyway. I am just being real.

And pretty much listen to what other people, in this thread, have mentioned. When you finally own a house sometime in the future, it's a totally different ball game. Good luck!

EDIT: NVM...LOL
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2013, 04:36 PM   #27
massflavour
FFR Player

heheheh yep idk i got in some trouble, solid advice. im a problem solver, not a problem spreader. i do have friends who look out for me but its up to me to get out of this shit that im in... i'll make a thread in a couple weeks detailing my experience and the ins and outs of what happened yesterday... it'll be a fuckin long post lemme tell you that.

hahahah money ain't no issue im starting a fucking corporation (apparently) this year jesus i made some weird but useful connections these past few weeks..

woop

Last edited by massflavour; 01-3-2013 at 04:46 PM..
massflavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2013, 04:46 PM   #28
massflavour
FFR Player

it's called Turnt Up Industries

hahahahah
Old 01-3-2013, 10:21 PM   #29
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

I had a huge shitstorm go down with my landlord in Calgary...

Be weary of whom you rent from.

My landlord forgot that I had paid rent (Old senile bitch), and completely destroyed my room during finals week. She threw my laptop and everything into a pile and told me to get out. I completely flipped. It sucked.

So yeah, be careful of who you rent from.

Don't keep a messy place. It fucking sucks. lol

Make sure you take pictures before you move in and get the landlord to sign and date each and every one and then keep them in a safe place. This is proof that the room was clean and nothing was broken when you moved in.

Fap errday
Old 01-3-2013, 11:33 PM   #30
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thhour View Post
Make sure you take pictures before you move in and get the landlord to sign and date each and every one and then keep them in a safe place. This is proof that the room was clean and nothing was broken when you moved in.
Seriously do this people will try to screw you out of money, especially now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2013, 11:40 PM   #31
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ShAiOnEi Send a message via Yahoo to ShAiOnEi

Quote:
Originally Posted by massflavour View Post
it's called Turnt Up Industries

hahahahah
Dude's f**kin' trollin.

Epic thread killer
ShAiOnEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2013, 12:13 AM   #32
massflavour
FFR Player

lol im not trolling i am about the name of course.. hahah

but yea 25th that sounds like a decent idea
Old 01-4-2013, 12:26 AM   #33
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

if you really are 'wealthy' then you should be able to find a place that doesn't have a shitty landlord, making it a relative non-issue (e.g. a reputable doorman building)

if you're living with roommates, get together at the very beginning and discuss *all* the possible ground rules you can think of. it's easier to talk about everything now under the umbrella of "rule discussion" than it is to bring up an awkward conversation later when shit hits the fan and people get passive-aggressive (some big ones to discuss: bringing guests over/girlfriends/fridge and kitchen usage/bathroom and shower timing slash cleaning slash dishes/how furniture will be split if applicable/taking out trash/volume level for stuff like music and whatnot/blahblahblah/etc). Most of it is pretty common-sense, but it's still good to just get all that shit out of the way ASAP.

don't ship anything valuable -- take it with you instead.

don't be one of those dumbass roommates that leaves the AC/heater on all day and jacks up the utility bill for everyone else

find a good balance between doing the dishes often enough to keep loads light/easy to manage, but not so often that you're wasting water/power/heating, as dishwashers are quite heavy on the utility cost

do laundry often and don't let it just sit there in a hamper for eons at a time

l2cook if you can

Last edited by Reincarnate; 01-4-2013 at 12:41 AM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2013, 01:05 AM   #34
massflavour
FFR Player

hey im somewhat wealthy not exorbitantly rich. i gotta deal with a few things haha

im a bit of a chef mr reincarnate. i have one roommate in the place im moving into and we are good friends chores arent an issue, obv if hes using tons of power ill be like HEY im hardly here and ur using your happy feet in the shower cmon man 40-60 power bill ok

but once im on my feet i should be okay i have a good job regardless of whether these guys end up investing with me or not haha. theyre even helping me out and getting me a lawyer and a place to stay in the mean time.

the guys im investing with are not the guys im gonna live with by any means tho thats for sure
Old 01-4-2013, 01:06 AM   #35
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

what sort of thing are you investing in
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2013, 01:21 AM   #36
massflavour
FFR Player

welp these guys are experienced businessmen and im a rookie so uhh we're gonna sit down in a month or so and discuss a few options over a drink and a meal prob. no guarantees, right. but they're interested in doing business... my sales job is able to profit greatly from working with them cuz if we acquire any size of office or building, they want air purifiers installed. even if they dont want me to invest or anything of the sort i still have a solid beginner client base as someone who's just getting into the business.. which is pretty cool

but yea they want me to get out of debt and into the game, should be interesting irregardless haha when the right people see potential in you, you can end up successful before you even know it

just need to get beyond the training stage of this new sales racket and ill be golden, 3 more days of practice and im on my own. i don't gotta invest or put money into the company at all, so long as i can prove myself capable of running demos solo i'm good to go. these guys are also great practice.. the demos are designed to be foolproof and of course i'd have to adapt, cuz one guys an environmental scientist, one's an electrical engineer, and one's a music/film industry dude.. they're all loaded as fuck and get me wasted occasionally.. one's a real dumbass when he's drunk but he's a great dude to be around whenever else. its weird cuz the engineer is the father of a guy who was in my graduating class lmfao i have no previous connection with the other dude tho he's just a friend of a friend.

the film industry dude i met thru my cook job. he works very casually at my restaurant cuz he wants his own some day and wants to learn the back of house of a kitchen.. he's not there for money of any kind lmfao i've been to 2 of his three properties and believe me he's a rich bastard, holy smokes. a freemason, too... rofl i've seen his card and have pictures of some of his stuff it's pretty funny

idk where all of this opportunity came from i just made the right friends, i suppose. these guys are completely unrelated to my other connection in the other industry involving cleaning systems, which is convenient cuz i dont really want a direct association.. i just want some clients. either way i am friends with all of these guys first and business partners second

im not naive either i know when shits too good to be true, and the second i detect any hint of bullshit i'm getting out of it. i can keep my sales job as a safety option for sure and it will keep me more than afloat for a long time, heck it'll even enable me to move into a bigger city within 2 years and have a house partway paid off (assuming i do well but hey my friend/partner says he wouldn't be training me if he saw it as a waste of time). and YEA obviously i have my cook job and could totally be a chef somewhere if all else fails, give it about a year tho haha this is not my primary goal

my sales job is related to selling cleaning systems in and out of the city in my province. we get commission based on our sales and get paid once a week. he (my friend) was netting 3 grand a week for a few months which is like holy crap dude you're 20 years old stop it

we hung out one night and he told me about his work, and i was like hey man i could do that probably. i talked to him and it took some convincing obviously since i dont have experience in this kinda deal, but eventually he offered me a shot, and so far things are going good.. there are plenty of other sales jobs like this where you gotta invest a grand in order to even try to make money, and you dont even get paid training. i recognize a scam when i see one, and this is no scam. lol. it's something i can do relatively casually too i can work my own hours and take my own appointments as i see fit, and take time off when i need. likely while i'm dealing with my legal troubles, i'll be not working much and be focusing moreso on getting out of shit. moving out is a whatever dealio right now things are a bit complicated in the present but they're simplify down quite nicely soon enough.

Last edited by massflavour; 01-4-2013 at 01:33 AM..
Old 01-4-2013, 01:51 AM   #37
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

mass i love you bro but please don't ever say irregardless ever again
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-4-2013, 01:51 AM   #38
massflavour
FFR Player

ok fine dont make me tinfoil u and bake you like a potatoe ok
Old 01-4-2013, 01:51 AM   #39
massflavour
FFR Player

im dan quayle spelling doesnt matter aite

like yeesh i make a somewhat long post and someones nailin me for saying a shitty word

ok well if youre one of those dicks that says "that's real good" (just an example of the word "real" used incorrectly) instead of "really good" then stop it ok idc if i dont know you in real life i will find you and give out a free grammar lesson ok

hahahaha man im just messing around obv im turnt up ok

ok ok ok

Last edited by massflavour; 01-4-2013 at 01:58 AM..
Old 01-4-2013, 02:00 AM   #40
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

that's a real good post man gj keep it up
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote