Old 08-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default These ratings are bullshit (judgement for das ist muzik)

At the risk of sounding butthurt, I don't agree with 3 of the ratings at all. Niala's, Samurai's and Silvuh's reviews are way too subjective and all about "I don't like this song" or "I don't like that pattern". I know this file could use a few fix ups, but to give it a 2 out of 5 is bullshit.

Quote:
Bmah:

Das Ist Muzik / _.Spitfire._
rating: [+?]
- The two main problems:
1) the difficulty spikes are separated by large swaths of pretty easy sections; seems monotonous at times
2) some of the difficulty spikes are really aids to hit, such as m14,20-21,etc.
- don't hear the arrow at around 6.05s
- 32nd buzzes at places like m21 can be simplified, but optional for your difficulty I suppose
- jumptrill sections like m111-112 get pretty unimaginative. You can probably do some pattern variations if you've changed them to individual arrows.
- m151-end: I know this part is underlayered to signal the end of the song, but I really think it should be developed more. Actually, I really like this part of the song...why was it cut? ):
- Summary: Didn't like the file at first, but it's not as bad as it seems after a few plays. You should probably look at the awkward patterns in the first half of the song, and those jumptrills in the latter half of the song.
I can agree with this review.
Some of the issues mentioned (parts dragging on) can be fixed with a cut as niala suggested in his review.
Some of the patterns can be changed to improve flow but this is merely a suggestion don't you think?
It's meant to be a hard file and it's not like I've put aids jacks or any other bullshit all over the place.
The arrow at around 6.05 I hear pretty distinctly but if it's that big of a bother I can remove it..
Pattern variation at the jumptrill sections was iffy because if I simplified it, it would be inconsistent with the rest of the file, and if I changed them up with the current layering it would be aids to hit.

Just to make it clear, this is the review I agree with.

Quote:
Silvuh:

[?] Das Ist Muzik / _.Spitifre._
// That was ... ouch. No fun to listen to, no fun to play, a lot of repetition ...
Matter of taste, because I know plenty of people who do find the file and song fun to play and/or listen to.

Quote:
// It'd be easier to look through and suggest ways to make it better if it didn't kill my ears.
Suck it up or pass it on to another judge. I mean, c'mon really now? You're letting your hate for this song get in the way of your review.

Quote:
// Sections with lots of missing notes, patterns that are obnoxious and grating ...
Where do I have missing notes according to you? I set my file up in a way where layering builds up or is slightly different to signal the end of a section (ex. M35 to 39)
Obnoxious and grating? Sounds rather subjective. Give more details guys...

Quote:
// Some of the patterns aren't as hard as they could be (which is good), and some rhythms are fine, but that doesn't make up for the rest of it.
So other than your personal taste in music and "missing notes" that aren't actually missing notes, why a ?

Quote:
Samurai

Das Ist Muzik (_.Spitfire._) [?]

- honestly, I didn't like most of those 32nd patterns in the beginning
Mostly personal taste but I can improve the flow I guess. Again, a suggestion though.

Quote:
- song choice is LOL but the file itself wasn't too great imo
What does this even mean?

Quote:
- wtf random 192nds at measure 97?
192nds are justified. I told this to you on skype and you agreed but here it is still in your notes. ?_?

Quote:
- I feel like some of those 32nd "roll patterns" are incomplete. You can clearly hear an 8th after it, such as measure 123
Have you tried hitting 12341 bursts at 250 bpm? That's a no go.
This was done to improve flow.

Quote:
- synopsis: I just didn't really like the layering scheme in this, sorry. Good song but the file can be improved a bit.
Again, What does this even mean? Just because you -didn't really like the layering scheme- it's a ?
What in the file is so terribly off and needs major fixing that it constitutes for a ?

Also, next time put more time into judging instead of playing all files in 2 hours.

Quote:
DAS IST MUZIK - (_.Spitfire._) [?]

2/5
6/10
2/5
4/5
----
14/25

-First of all, Das ist nicht muzik. >(
Good start of an objective review

Quote:
-Very long and very repetitive. This song really needs a cut before anything else.
I can agree on that

Quote:
-The steps themselves aren't terrible, but the song doesn't lend itself well to anything more than the same repeated pattern over and over again.
With the cut you suggested this can be fixed for a big part.

Quote:
-The intro into beat 84 (and any repetitions thereof) is terrible to read, three 32nd notes like that is just confusing. It also transitions poorly into the 32nd rolls starting on 8ths, which are difficult enough to play because the offset of the timing is awkward to hit.
subjectivemanias

Quote:
-The measure at beat 140 is just 12ths, I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not?
This was done on purpose to signify the end of that section of the song.

Quote:
-Also the ending there just cut the 8ths for no real reason...
To signify the end of that section of the song.

Quote:
-Beat 253-256 accidental copy-paste? (i.e. what 12ths?)
There are 12ths in the backgrounds going on the entire time until that part of the song, and I stepped them in that last measure to signify the end of that.
I didn't step the 12ths in the background because that would be way overstepped for that part, except for those last few 12ths when it becomes quieter.

Quote:
-beat 285.5 no note there.
Layered in vocals

Quote:
-Sometimes I just don't get where you're pulling arrows from. For example, the 12th at beat 319 or the 64th at beat 326?
vocals. I noticed I missed 2 vocals to step in that particular section though but that's an easy fix.

Quote:
-The slower section is fine just way too long.
With aforementioned cut can be solved.

Quote:
-For the ending, you seem to jump in and out of using the snares very randomly which is hard to play because you have no idea what to expect.
If you are referring to measure 121 (beat 480), again to signify a new part.
If you are referring to notes such as on beat 541.50. Those are specifically for the louder snares you hear in those sections.

If that's not what you mean, then I don't know what you are talking about

Even so, this review reeks of personal distaste about the song/patterns used and unanswered questions (with sometimes obvious answers). Why the ?

No offense to anyone personally, but these reviews are way too subjective and take too much personal taste into consideration ("I don't like this pattern" or "I would've liked it better this way").
That's not the point of reviews, since the patterns chosen (if correct, which they are) are the stepartists personal take on the file.
If you didn't like the file that way, step it yourself, but don't go around saying shit like "meh not my taste and I would've done it a different so it's a ?", cause that's ****ing bullshit.
Nothing in this file is bad enough to constitute for a 2 out of 5. That's a really ****ing low rating.

tl;dr Reviews are too subjective and ratings are used as a personal measurement tool of how they think of the file instead of following the guidelines for the ratings.

Last edited by Nullifidian; 08-21-2011 at 10:21 PM..
Old 08-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: These ratings are bullshit (judgement for das ist muzik)

sad that this is barely being brought up now even though its been going on forever
Old 08-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

There has always been debates on this kinda stuff. But iirc one of the times there was a debate about this it was said not to like make a huge posting about it but to go to JX or bmah about it and they would look over the file. I guess in this case it would be JX since bmah already judged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 08-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

I'll take a look at it, not a new thread material.

calm down a bit more and continue discussion here.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=119608

Last edited by jimerax; 08-21-2011 at 10:58 PM..
Closed Thread