Old 12-3-2017, 08:11 AM   #41
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: Mahou's training log

Awesome. Now you're moving up in the world. Stay focused and keep winning, I think you'll go far. You've made pretty insane progress for how little time you've been training.
Old 12-7-2017, 01:39 PM   #42
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Kind of sucks, but I wasn't selected for the position at all.

I won't give up though and will keep searching for more opportunities.
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #43
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Today was a bit unusual for me seeing how I hit pr in squats.

435 lbs for 2 reps....which is a little over 2x of my body weight. I'm aiming for 455 soon.

I did some deadlifts...which is something I never do. Felt good getting 405 for a few times. Maybe I should deadlift more? Idk...got mixed feelings about it.
It’s been awhile since I’ve done deadlifts. Today I did a single for 465 and it felt fucking amazing. (No belt) I’m confident I can get 500 lbs already but I didn’t really want to rush this at all. Deadlifts is just one of those exercises that I do when I can’t think of anything else to do for the day.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 12-21-2017 at 07:47 PM..
Old 12-21-2017, 10:17 PM   #44
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Double post because I wanted to bring up some changes that I kind of had made with my supplementation and with my training.

Physique update
( I just got done slamming a bunch of food in my stomach from IHOP as soon as I took this photo - so it's probably not the best thing ever. Oh well, YOLO.)

I'm no longer taking creatine monohydrate and ON whey protein anymore. Reason being is I don't feel like my body is digesting/absorbing the whey and the creatine as good as I thought it once was before. I've been off both of these for about 2-3 weeks and I have not noticed much of a difference in my physique at all. Could this be a placebo?

I read an interesting article about how adults have a hard time processing lactose. After scratching my head and doing something, I found it to be somewhat relatable. So with that being said, I've switched over to a plant based protein. Shockingly, the first time I took it, I've noticed that I feel much better and don't have stomach problems anymore.

I'm taking Kre-Alkalyn instead of the monohydrate. They say it's supposed to be the same effects of creatine but there is no bloat. I've been off of creatine monohydrate for 2 weeks and I never even lost size or strength. I was expecting to lose 6 lbs of water weight, but I only dropped down 2. So where is this crazy water weight that people keep talking about? Am I a non responder? Have I been taking creatine for a year and a half for no fucking reason? -_____- I'm seriously starting to question if any of these supplements I've took have even helped me in the slightest.

Right now I'm sitting at about 215 lbs (this is a 2-3 lb loss since I got off the creatine monohydrate). With the holidays being around, I'm finding it a bit harder to maintain my diet (hitting calories and macro nutrients). This month alone, I've drank alcohol 3 times and probably binge ate places that I shouldn't have. I thought it would be a huge setback but none of my strength actually diminished.

In regards to training, I mentioned that I was trying to break away from strength training and just do bodybuilding type of training. I can say that I'm having more fun with it, but I'm also finding myself being harder on myself. Here is just a quick list of weaknesses that I hate to admit about myself.

1) My left tricep is a piece of shit
2) My lats are pretty mediocre compared to most people.
3) I have terrible fucking calves.
4) If my upper body was just as big as my lower body, I'd look like I'd lift.
5) As much as I hit oblique's, they are almost non existent unless I twist to the side.
6) I hate my arms
7) I hate my traps.

On the last day of this year, I'll post all my max's for my main lifts. That way I have something to look forward to next year.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 12-22-2017 at 12:05 AM..
Old 12-22-2017, 01:01 AM   #45
Superbearhands
FFR Player

Not taking whey is fine as long as you get a decent protein intake from your diet. 0.5-1 grams per body weight pound depending on how often and hard you work out. Whey just helps reach that amount in a more convenient way.

It's good to pay attention to what you're lacking in your work out. It's pretty much Arnold's approach for beginners and intermediates; just go work out until you start seeing changes in your body, and depending on those results you can make adjustments to your program to work on your weaknesses.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:07 AM   #46
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Protein source doesn't matter as long as you hit your daily intake. Even if you drop your protein substantially (I cut mine in half for a year), even then you don't really lose much strength or mass in the short term. Over the long term (~1 year) you will notice some losses, but they're not as big as you'd think.

As for creatine, I stopped taking it years ago. It has an effect but it's extremely small and the benefits are often overstated. Getting off it improved my joint health. I've played with it so many times and it does cause small changes in water weight and maybe ~5 lbs difference on a lift like bench press, but it's pretty inconsequential.

Last edited by Reach; 12-22-2017 at 08:07 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:11 AM   #47
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbearhands View Post
Not taking whey is fine as long as you get a decent protein intake from your diet. 0.5-1 grams per body weight pound depending on how often and hard you work out. Whey just helps reach that amount in a more convenient way.

It's good to pay attention to what you're lacking in your work out. It's pretty much Arnold's approach for beginners and intermediates; just go work out until you start seeing changes in your body, and depending on those results you can make adjustments to your program to work on your weaknesses.
Thank you for the information sir.

I have been taking 70% of my body weight in protein (grams). My concern was how my body was actually digesting and absorbing the whey protein since I used to become really bloated and gassy. So far the plant based protein has been working wonders for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Protein source doesn't matter as long as you hit your daily intake. Even if you drop your protein substantially (I cut mine in half for a year), even then you don't really lose much strength or mass in the short term. Over the long term (~1 year) you will notice some losses, but they're not as big as you'd think.

As for creatine, I stopped taking it years ago. It has an effect but it's extremely small and the benefits are often overstated. Getting off it improved my joint health. I've played with it so many times and it does cause small changes in water weight and maybe ~5 lbs difference on a lift like bench press, but it's pretty inconsequential.
Regarding your creatine statement, I’m sort of starting to understand what you’re saying. At this point, creatine is really not benefitting me as much as I thought it was. Maybe it’s because my muscles are heavily saturated with it - I haven’t stopped taking it for over a year and a half now. The other day, I managed to get two new prs without supplementing with it at all. Could be a placebo at this point or maybe I did get some new gains.

At this point, I’m almost 2 years into posting my updates with my fitness journey. I took a look at my workout regimen, and I’m starting to consider doing new things to keep me active. Lifting weights is fun, but it’s starting to become so part of my lifestyle that it’s not exciting to me as it once was before. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to just give up - but I’m interested in doing other things.

By the way, I got 225 for 20 reps on the flat. Woot woot.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 12-24-2017 at 11:15 AM..
Old 01-6-2018, 02:18 PM   #48
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

I’m going to be posting much less now or maybe not anymore. FFR has been a huge part of my life and I’m grateful for the friends that I have made; however, I feel like it’s time to close this chapter and keep moving forward.
While fitness does play a huge part of my life as well, I have made several new goals for myself that I plan on accomplishing this year. Recently, I got a raise at my job and I’m starting to endure new business ventures for myself (at least I’m attempting to). My car is finally almost paid off and I’ve also felt like I have met the love of my life. Things are getting very serious and I don’t want to feel like I’m wasting any time. I guess this is just part of changing and growing up.

But if anyone reads this, thank you again for all the kind words and encouragement that helped me come this far. This journey has not only improved my health, but has also helped me conquer problems such as depression, self loathe, and constant nights of abusing alcohol. Every day I beat myself up for not being where I want to be and tend to not reflect as much. I truly have made some huge jumps and I should be proud of this. It only goes uphill from here now.

Much love guys. Maybe I’ll pop in here and there.
AND watch anime.
Old 03-1-2018, 02:20 AM   #49
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

I just realized today is my two year mark I started doing this. Time flies.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 03-1-2018 at 02:20 AM..
Old 03-19-2018, 10:29 PM   #50
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Found some motivation and decided to post some more again. I know I said I’d stop posting but I probably only said that because I was getting burnt out. When you feel like nobody really reads this and have seen minimal progress in months, you tend to lose motivation. However, a lot of stress has been cleared up so I feel comfortable posting some progress.

Today was kind of a high volume chest day with some arms. Im warming up much differently than I did before - I’ll usually do 2 sets with the bar only and kind of half rep just to get my delts fired up. Then I’ll do two sets of 8 with 135. 5 reps of 185. One single rep of 225. 2 reps of 245 and then 2 reps of 255. Even though I could do more reps, I’m trying to prevent myself from getting burnt out too early...and let me say
Its fucking great.

I’m training arms differently now and I feel like this method works best for me. Anyway, here are the sets.

Incline
225 lbs
4x6
1x7

Decline
245 lbs
3x6

Close grip bench
3x8

And then that’s when I worked on isolation training for my arms.

Feeling good and fresh. For the most part I’m eating relatively clean. By the way, Chobani whole milk yogurt is an excellent source of protein. Mix it up with honey and omg....so good.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 03-19-2018 at 10:36 PM..
Old 03-21-2018, 07:04 PM   #51
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

I always read ;)

Even if people around here aren't lifting anymore, I'm still trucking away as usual ~5 days a week. lol

You're to the point now that you've burned out most of your beginner and intermediate gains so it's slow going from here. I still eek out gains here and there but it's slow, no doubt. But it feels just that much better when you finally do make gains.

That's a heavy heavy incline press. I got my bench up to 275 x5 recently and a 315 1rm. Big step for me.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #52
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I always read ;)

Even if people around here aren't lifting anymore, I'm still trucking away as usual ~5 days a week. lol

You're to the point now that you've burned out most of your beginner and intermediate gains so it's slow going from here. I still eek out gains here and there but it's slow, no doubt. But it feels just that much better when you finally do make gains.

That's a heavy heavy incline press. I got my bench up to 275 x5 recently and a 315 1rm. Big step for me.
That’s assuring that you still read the thread Reach :) I wish more people were actively involved with this hobby.

275 for 5 is pretty good. I find that more impressive than doing one rep of 315.

I’m trying to put on some more strength and I think I figured a way to reach some goals a little bit faster.
AND watch anime.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #53
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

I read it as well. I should actually start working out too... my will power is weak in this department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:39 PM   #54
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
I read it as well. I should actually start working out too... my will power is weak in this department.
It’s actually a lot of fun. I look forward to all my workouts. Even if they can be painful, it’s satisfying.
AND watch anime.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:05 PM   #55
Shouka
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I still check this forum every now and then, but I've lost a lot of my hype because I haven't really improved in the past year.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #56
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

At least if you ever decided to come lift again, you’d gain a lot of your old strength back quickly
AND watch anime.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:01 PM   #57
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quick question for you guys

Typically how long do your sessions last? Sometimes I feel like I may be overdoing it.

Today I had 55 minutes to train so I tried shocking my body with flat and proceeded to do isolation training. Even though time was limited, I felt like the workout was very effective.
AND watch anime.
Old 04-9-2018, 08:06 PM   #58
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Getting stronger on the incline

I took a week off for this so I’m not surprised at all.

Pyramid
135 lbs
1x8
225 lbs
1x1
255 lbs
1x3
265 lbs
1x3
225 lbs
1x7
235 lbs
1x6
245 lbs
1x5

Did some cables and worked out arms. Not much an interesting workout but it felt pretty good.
AND watch anime.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:13 PM   #59
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Still doing a strength building program.

Squats
Warm up
135 lbs
1x8

225 lbs
1x8
Working sets
315 lbs
2x5

335 lbs
1x5

345 lbs
1x5

355 lbs
1x5

Did some ohp and some back work. Probably will lay off for two days and work on accessories.
AND watch anime.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:38 PM   #60
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Strength building has been going phenomenal and I’m feeling better than ever.

New prs...

325 decline bench press
275 1x7 decline bench press
395 1 x 4 squat.

I had more but for some reason I didn’t write them in my notebook.

These actually felt really easy and I didn’t really have to grind to get them. I changed the way I’m training so that has been helping. Going to be going for 335 decline bench very soon.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 04-25-2018 at 04:44 PM..