Old 02-23-2020, 04:33 AM   #981
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
How about 2 masons ?
Are you hardclaiming mason?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 02-23-2020, 04:33 AM   #982
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Are you saying that this setup cannot have 2 of the same role ?
It's the assumption I've had so far yeah, otherwise the game is absolutely broken and wolf-sided

In a setup with 13 players I find it hard to believe that there would be two identical roles, esp. when the OP says that "most players will be Vanilla Town"

speaking of which, from the OP---

Quote:
Wolves will be given a small list of roles that they can claim.
I just saw this and think it makes it even more imperative that any blue claim should be a full claim

I have no idea if this "small list of roles" is actual the true list of roles, or if there might be some plausible "fake" roles stuck in there so that counterclaiming is impossible. If they're able to claim "fake" roles then that makes this game much harder for us, since again it's extremely difficult to externally validate the consistency of that claim, barring specific night action interactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 02-23-2020, 04:34 AM   #983
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
How about 2 masons ?
if there are masons then there would just be a single pair of masons and your mason partner isn't going to counterclaim you lol

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:35 AM   #984
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

that said don't actually claim yet Haku, we need more people to weigh in and make sure this isn't a stupid idea

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:37 AM   #985
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
that said don't actually claim yet Haku, we need more people to weigh in and make sure this isn't a stupid idea
Ok fuck it I'm going to bed then.

Don't disappoint me town

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 02-23-2020, 04:37 AM   #986
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
if there are masons then there would just be a single pair of masons and your mason partner isn't going to counterclaim you lol
and on top of this, if someone DOES counterclaim you, it's the situation as before: a thunderdome, because your mason partner doesn't counterclaim you, and thus the counterclaim is exactly t/w

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:48 AM   #987
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
lynch all the PR hunters
Old 02-23-2020, 04:52 AM   #988
Hakulyte
the Haku

I'm kinda sad there's not more psycho/gradiant/roundbox/plop/you name it party family around.

I think I should sleep soon to make sure im online at same time as them too.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:54 AM   #989
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Are you hardclaiming mason?
Can you for like one second imagine that you're me ?
Old 02-23-2020, 06:28 AM   #990
Hakulyte
the Haku

Freezin, how do you feel about DBP ?
Old 02-23-2020, 07:46 AM   #991
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
I'm kinda sad there's not more psycho/gradiant/roundbox/plop/you name it party family around.

I think I should sleep soon to make sure im online at same time as them too.
I do sleep sometimes. Just waking up so gotta see what all happened so far.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 02-23-2020, 07:55 AM   #992
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Freezin, how do you feel about DBP ?
iono hes being kind of slippery but he said himself he doesnt want to lead town. id like to think the anguish he's expressing about being torn between wanting to lead and knowing it probably isnt a good idea isnt faked but he probably deserves a iso before i decide where i want to put him for today

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 02-23-2020, 08:01 AM   #993
Hakulyte
the Haku

If I were to give a name to what I'm doing right now, I would call it fishing.

The problem is that you never know what you catch and if you catch nothing everyone hates you.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:26 AM   #994
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

The bolthman kill is pretty odd to me, especially so going back and seeing that our confirmed town flip seemed pretty suspicious about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Brothman is really interesting.

I think they are telling us half truths about how many games they have played. Either that or we (few of us) assumed this is broths first game with no prior gameplay experience.

They have stated they have read a few games to better prepare themselves, which makes me believe the VT question was a dumbbell.

I’ve never seen a new player make such a long, confident, and serious post in the history of twg and it excites me. Either way however he flips I think they are gonna be a strong player and people shouldn’t put a newbie blanket over them.
Quote:
Yeah i don't buy it. This with the whole 'fuck you' to freezin feels weird.

bolth

I don't want Bolth to die because new player but it's my strongest read atm. If Bolth is wolf then freezin is like 80% wolf, but i don't want to assume that until a flip happens.

Bolth/Roundbox/Poptart/Freezin is where i'm at for wolves. I have no issue killing afk's atm consdiering how im town reading most everyone else or at least have them as null.
Quote:
Final wolves:

Bolt/roundbox/freezing?

Make sure to look at dead peoples reads good luck town
I know I saw a few theories from you guys reading through the most recent stuff which I'll look at more in a bit, but I want to start with our confirmed townies.

I'm still not a big fan of storn, but Xiz seemed to feel pretty strongly about them being town.

Quote:
I like storn a lot, he’s off the table for me today.
I miss dbp

Roundbox did you ask me a question I think I forgot to respond to it lol
Quote:
Then I’ll say this
I’m fully against a storn lynch
I was considering it since everyone wanted to and I was the only one defending, also mmL and gradiant are in my top town
I was a bit tilted because haku, but not using that as an excuse
Thanks to DBP it made my opinion not seem so wrong
I’m not confident this game as much as I usually am. That’s the T
Quote:
I feel like imma die here, so I’ll say this:

- dont lynch storn
- don’t listen to MML but he’s town
- don’t listen to Halu but he’s town
- listen to gradiant
- DBP play the game next time you do that too often
- if Mellon is a wolf, shadow prob is a wolf
- if I’m wrong about storn in an off world then fuck me lol

Xiz also seemed wary but confused about Haku and didn't like roundbox too much at the end there.

Just starting from this info as of right now I'd probably look at roundbox and shadow more today. I'm going to look at bolthmann's posts next though and see what's there and then the wagons for the end. I was really shocked at the sudden shift to Xiz and not really sure what to make of it yet.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 02-23-2020, 09:04 AM   #995
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
Alrighty, d0 analysis time.

From what I understand of the games Ive read, almost all d0 votes are pretty much based on nothing. At the end of the day, I’m the new kid on the block and I absolutely expected someone to grill me to see how I react. How I see it, there’s not a single response I could have given to the initial question that someone wouldn’t have read into. Very smart for Xiz to do me like that.

Freezin was word vomit from the start, and he hardpushed me based on nearly nothing, but again, I expected someone to, so I don’t think he’s acting overly suspicious, especially as he seems to be a vet based on the reactions to him in the signup thread, I wouldn’t expect him to make such a mistake early on.

My vote for Melon was obvs based on nothing, but chars reading of that is probably the smartest thing I’ve read in the thread this far so I don’t blame anyone for thinking this way. Early joke votes are common in past games so i didn’t think much of it but obviously again being the new guy I’m gonna be heavily scrutinised.

Way I see it, it’s way too early to know who any wolves might be. I’m upset melon didn’t respond with something more to go off. I did notice char has adopted the wise old towny role, which is always a good stance to take when someone’s going a bit word crazy, so I have slight suspicions on him, as well as Xiz, who was very quick to claim innocence, but honestly guys, way too early no?
Quote:
MML, roundbox, Shadow and Fat Fuck are all town reads from me. They are asking good questions to others and to themselves, and I feel like they are making an overall impact on the game in a positive way. I wouldn't feel comfortable voting for any of these guys on d0.

I am extremely against poptarts playstyle in this game. No reads either way because he hasn't given us a chance to. Regardless of what happens from here until EOD, I'm pretty unhappy playing with someone like this.

I'll go through my thoughts on the rest:

DaBackPack: There hasn't been anything new from him since I last mentioned it but again, I really don't like his wham bam vote. It was right in the middle of everyone reading into my initial longpost and no one thought twice of him throwing that vote out there, and nobody asked him for an explanation. He didn't give an explanation on that OR on any of the other vague reads he made. He has offered nothing to the game thus far and I'm suspicious of his motives.

mellon_collie: I still feel like youre floating through this too easily. Your take on Xiz was simply that you weren't a fan of him wanting to lynch AFKers. Your take on Haku is not really a take either, just you asking him why our interaction on the first couple pages is such a hot topic for him. Again, you've given no real independant thoughts on anyone in this game and no one is really demanding them from you either. I don't like this.

Maybe, maybe not. I think it would be unwise for me to try and judge anyones actions in this game based on their actions in previous games. Her actions in this one make me suspicious, and I'm not a fan of most people just giving her a free pass.

storn42: storny is very similar to mellon for me, not giving any independant thoughts on anyone in the game until recently just now. Responding to things in a very de-escalating manner, avoiding conflict. His reasoning for freeze is based on a very very early interaction, and he hasn't commented on anything since.

Hakulyte: Firstly,
What is this??? Secondly, Haku is someone I'm having the most trouble reading. My gut tells me there's something off about the way he interacts with everyone, I don't like that he went into a whole pity thing earlier, and he seems to have a very high opinion of himself and his gameplay, which, regardless of alignment, I don't really like playing with people like that. His style seems to be very self aware, and he seems to ask questions looking for reactions rather than answers. He seems to be commenting on everyone fairly equally even though he spent a lot of time tunnelling me. Still unsure how to read.

Xiz: Another one I don't really know how to read. He has been tunneling me hard. While ISOing him I swear to god 95% of his posts have my name in them. Problem is, all his other reads are based on his assumption of me being wolf, so there's nothing there I'm finding inherently helpful.

Freeze: You said you would come back with an analysis on my response to you after work. You did not do that. You made a single response to MML regarding his accusation on you posting a lot. You have not posted since. Was your strategy to hardpush me and then sit back and observe the fallout? Your posting has been extremely inconsistent. Very high volume at the start, nothing since. I hope to hear more from you before EoD because you've dropped off the face of the earth.

Gradiant: I can't tell if I just don't like your playstyle or if I am suspicious of you. You have a very low post count. Your posts do seem to be thought out but you also got strangely defensive of my call for you to post more, considering you had only made 2 actual reads which were both light town reads, nothing that really sparks conversation or gives anyone anything to go off. Your most recent post is more what I'm after, however, you're really only going after one person (haku), which is not unwarranted, however, I really want to know what you think of more people.

At this point, I'm torn on who to vote for. I am hoping something happens in the next few hours that clear things up for me.
Quote:
I still don't understand why hakulyte seems to be getting a free pass? His playing style is absolutely cooked. Can anyone give me some more context for this? Also he never answered this
Main thing I take from bolth is that he really didn't like freezin, which also aligns with Xiz's final theory on who the wolves were. So that may be worth looking into today as well. But on the other hand liked rounbox which is opposite Xiz's thoughts. Still think those two are good to look at more today.

Had a little bit of heat on my slot because of poptart, which there's not much I can say about that, I'm not poptart and don't know why they weren't active but I get the suspicion out of people for it.

He didn't like people giving haku a pass, same for some of the lower content posters who didn't really contribute too many thoughts of their own. Don't feel like this holds as much weight as the freezin stuff does though.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 09:34 AM   #996
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
excuse me what?
Quote:
for example, force raeko to give current reads and drill her on that. it forces her to generate NEW thought, and if she's a wolf it will expose a gap in her defenses.
you question me for saying basically the exact same thing you go on to say later in the thread.... interesting

I like angel's latest post and analysis of the dead players (I feel weird calling you just psycho so I will call you just angel lmao)
Old 02-23-2020, 09:36 AM   #997
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
votecount:
bolth (1)- Haku
freezin (1)- fatfuck
Shadow (1)- roundbox
Lar (1)- mellon
storn (1)- Shadow
roundbox (2)- Xiz, psycho
Xiz (5)- DBP, storn, Freezin, Gradiant, bolth
raeko (1)- Lar
I'm starting to run out of time for now, I have a birthday party to take the kids to a little later and still need to get ready/buy a gift so I'm going to give a quick hot-take just looking at the votes here.

I didn't really like the sudden swap to Xiz because I'd not noticed a whole lot of heat on him through the game, but I was still in catch up mode so perhaps I missed a bit.
I saw someone mention that it may be all town or mostly made up of town, which I could believe especially with the thought of wolves generally wouldn't want to swap last minute and draw attention to themselves. However, I think there would be at least one that would do it. If I were to pick who right now I'd say Freezin based on our confirmed townies suspicions, I do need to look closer at that spot myself though.
As per the other votes, definitely could be wolves looking for someone they knew wouldn't be flipped to try to keep info low. So lets look at each one:

Haku on bolth: we now know bolth was town, from what I can see there was never really any wagon on them. What I'm not sure if I should take as good or bad is that Haku's vote just stayed on bolth the whole phase. I feel like there's arguments for both sides there.

fatfuck on freezin: This one rubs me the wrong way, was very close to EOD, there was no traction on a freezin lynch for the night only citing "going with their gut" as reasoning. It seems very non-committal to me and possibly even a distancing tactic?

roundbox on shadow: another vote that was just plopped and left on. Also, another person that didn't have any traction on them as being a lynch for the night so I'd put this as another odd one.

MML on Mellon: I kinda get this one with the last interactions they were having, I still don't love it but MML is currently on my town list too so we'll see where it goes.

Mellon on MML: retaliation vote, could go either way really.

shadow on storn: storn was the biggest wagon for the evening so I can't really give too much shit for shadow still being on them at EOD.

And I guess I should probably just go ahead and talk about mine since I'm sure it'll come up at some point. As much as I wasn't loving storn, I also didn't like how many people seemed totally okay with lynching him. I'm sure there had to be at least one wolf in there somewhere. I also had my suspicions on rounbox as it were (I can pull the quotes back up if needed) and when Xiz (one of my town leans) also mentioned noticing the same things it made me feel a little more confident in my thought process on it. I never would have swapped to Xiz that phase.

That's about all I can get into for right now, I'll try to peek in on my phone throughout the day and later this evening can dig into more stuff.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 09:38 AM   #998
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

I might have mixed up voting order on the MML & Raeko votes. I was just looking quick at the vote list so if I did my bad. I'll look at it more later.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #999
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Oop yeah did lol I for some reason read the votes opposite way. So it was mellon was on MML and just kinda stuck like a few of the other votes.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #1000
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

k now I'm really going, need to shower. Later peeps
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Closed Thread