Old 02-23-2020, 04:08 AM   #961
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Ok I see the storn vote that's good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
do you think he should claim today? he said that he only said the "claim" thing yesterday is because he had to leave and might not be back in time to defend himself if the current momentum kept up.

it sounds like you're suggesting that the only resolution is to force a claim out of him, is this right?
I don't need a full claim, I need something. When asked for something he claimed to get out of it. And now that he needs to owe up to it he's backtracking to get out of it

If he wants to convince me that he's working pro-town without the claim he's free to try but he's forfeited his right to do so under a no-to-mild pressure environment as far as I'm concerned.

I think he saw pressure and knew he could fake claim for a free phrase, because otherwise he should be dropping hints on what he's actually accomplished right now

And I know he said something absurd about maybe Bolth was random killed and wolves where blocked but it read as not serious and the way he's walking shit back that don't count unless he states it plainly.

I don't need a full claim, I need someting.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 02-23-2020, 04:08 AM   #962
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Speaking of reads: DBP I want your takes.on people, mentioned earlier but I don't want it to be missed and lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 02-23-2020, 04:13 AM   #963
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
Ok I see the storn vote that's good stuff.

I don't need a full claim, I need something. When asked for something he claimed to get out of it. And now that he needs to owe up to it he's backtracking to get out of it

If he wants to convince me that he's working pro-town without the claim he's free to try but he's forfeited his right to do so under a no-to-mild pressure environment as far as I'm concerned.

I think he saw pressure and knew he could fake claim for a free phrase, because otherwise he should be dropping hints on what he's actually accomplished right now

And I know he said something absurd about maybe Bolth was random killed and wolves where blocked but it read as not serious and the way he's walking shit back that don't count unless he states it plainly.

Are we talking about Haku here?.if so his question about blue and green flips either makes me feel better on the grounds that it was honest or scares me because he wants to hunt people.who could be a huge threat to his team if he's wold
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:13 AM   #964
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Are we assuming that someone shot Bolthe and the wolf kill failed in this scenario? I just want to know if I'm on the same page here. Please let me know if I'm with you on this thought process
my operating assumption is that the wolves killed bolt. In the absence of other evidence this is what I'm defaulting to atm

This means that the wolves deliberately avoided shooting Haku, which is suspicious but not damning--- he still needs to be solved and the biggest cloud hanging over his head is the "claim" situation

I asked MML what he thinks the best way to resolve Haku is, because in this situation I can only really imagine forcing Haku to claim, or lynching him, or both, is the way to resolve him

at this moment I think the best course of action is to just have Haku claim so that we don't spend forever wasting time debating about "how likely is he to fake a PR soft"

where we go from there depends on what happens but I'm guessing that at least having the claim gives us the mental bandwidth to investigate other players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 02-23-2020, 04:14 AM   #965
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Haku makes me fucking paranoid and I can't figure him out at all. I think I want to leave him.alone for now
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:14 AM   #966
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Don't waste time on me; I haven't hidden stuff in the thread.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:15 AM   #967
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
I want to win this fucking game like the rest of us, and I've come to the conclusion that if I behave in a way similar to my last few games I'm working against my win condition. Rational thinking, probably not, but at the end of the day I've decided I'm tired of feeling like shit when situations like what literally happened last EoD happen and leaving with the feeling that I messed up the game for others

I'm not gonna stop giving reads and trying to solve the game but I'm not going to be a fucking hero about it

Please reread my posts tonight and make sure you understand that I'm not asking you to give up your reads, I'm asking you to not give up on thinking in favor of validating your own read about a specific data point.
Ok I make you a deal

Like I said on pregame I have shit to do and I was never planning to post this much anyway. I'm going to bed and then tomorrow I'm getting other things done. I think I've got enough content and questions out that no one has the right to bitch if I just plan on not being here for like 20-24 hours in any sense of the word. When I come back I promise to have mediated all the angst out of my system and just read what people accomplished in that time first and foremost without getting hung up that they haven't atoned for past sins or whatever.

But I don't want to see you in here for 20 hours afraid to make pushes.

If you don't want to risk a tunnel then give me reads and give me wagon theories and give me some juicy tinfoil instead.

Old 02-23-2020, 04:17 AM   #968
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
my operating assumption is that the wolves killed bolt. In the absence of other evidence this is what I'm defaulting to atm

This means that the wolves deliberately avoided shooting Haku, which is suspicious but not damning--- he still needs to be solved and the biggest cloud hanging over his head is the "claim" situation

I asked MML what he thinks the best way to resolve Haku is, because in this situation I can only really imagine forcing Haku to claim, or lynching him, or both, is the way to resolve him

at this moment I think the best course of action is to just have Haku claim so that we don't spend forever wasting time debating about "how likely is he to fake a PR soft"

where we go from there depends on what happens but I'm guessing that at least having the claim gives us the mental bandwidth to investigate other players

Theres also.another possibility here: wolves killed bolthe and IF we have a vigi they chose not to fire... it's just something I ran over my head quick and I want to know if anyone agrees on this
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:18 AM   #969
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Frankly i think Storn and Raeko can wait and you guys should vote Haku with me. If Haku does full claim you can switch off and I'll follow suit when I get back.

But if everyone votes Storn then I ain't gonna hate

Old 02-23-2020, 04:21 AM   #970
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Theres also.another possibility here: wolves killed bolthe and IF we have a vigi they chose not to fire... it's just something I ran over my head quick and I want to know if anyone agrees on this
I don't think we have a Vigi

We have to have Haku's mystery role, a vigi, and a jailer/doctor/whatever and I feel like that's maybe too many roles for what's meant to be a simple VT heavy mystery game.

Old 02-23-2020, 04:21 AM   #971
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
I'll have to think about this more when I'm more awake but if we're going to have Haku confirm that he softed a PR yesterday, isn't it better to just get a full claim at that point? He's dead or roleblocked anyway--- we might as well get him to say his full role so that someone can counterclaim if he's lying, and don't forget that flips are partial this game, so if he is truly blue his flip won't even tell us what role he is--- giving wolves more room to hide behind in case they need to fake a PR claim themselves.

the downside is that depending on what PR Haku claims the wolf night actions might be different--- the difference between roleblocking or nightkilling I guess. Which gives them more room to PR hunt if they just stunlock Haku

atm I think if we are gonna force him to claim then it should just be a full claim so we don't get fucked down the line when we realize we don't actually know what Haku was, or what he did, and that information might have been enough to push us closer to solving the game. Given that forcing him to claim that he's some kind of PR isn't safer than him just outright stating his role

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:22 AM   #972
Hakulyte
the Haku

Counterclaiming in a closed setup.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:23 AM   #973
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Ok I make you a deal

Like I said on pregame I have shit to do and I was never planning to post this much anyway. I'm going to bed and then tomorrow I'm getting other things done. I think I've got enough content and questions out that no one has the right to bitch if I just plan on not being here for like 20-24 hours in any sense of the word. When I come back I promise to have mediated all the angst out of my system and just read what people accomplished in that time first and foremost without getting hung up that they haven't atoned for past sins or whatever.

But I don't want to see you in here for 20 hours afraid to make pushes.

If you don't want to risk a tunnel then give me reads and give me wagon theories and give me some juicy tinfoil instead.
Of course, I'm not afraid to make pushes, I'm just afraid of controlling this game and being taken advantage of

It's just 5AM right now and I don't have the alertness to sit down and give exhaustive reads

stay tuned

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:26 AM   #974
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Counterclaiming in a closed setup.
Counterclaims in a closed setup aren't bad, at the end of the day you get one guaranteed wolf in two day phases

Fakeclaiming/fakesofting in a closed setup is a serious danger because we have no way of independently validating your role if you just hide behind the moniker of "blue"

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:26 AM   #975
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I'll have to think about this more when I'm more awake but if we're going to have Haku confirm that he softed a PR yesterday, isn't it better to just get a full claim at that point? He's dead or roleblocked anyway--- we might as well get him to say his full role so that someone can counterclaim if he's lying, and don't forget that flips are partial this game, so if he is truly blue his flip won't even tell us what role he is--- giving wolves more room to hide behind in case they need to fake a PR claim themselves.

the downside is that depending on what PR Haku claims the wolf night actions might be different--- the difference between roleblocking or nightkilling I guess. Which gives them more room to PR hunt if they just stunlock Haku

atm I think if we are gonna force him to claim then it should just be a full claim so we don't get fucked down the line when we realize we don't actually know what Haku was, or what he did, and that information might have been enough to push us closer to solving the game. Given that forcing him to claim that he's some kind of PR isn't safer than him just outright stating his role
No you're right, it needs to be solved early because at the end of the day he did claim no matter what he or storn says and he did survive, and town can't have that ???? in later phases

Old 02-23-2020, 04:28 AM   #976
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

I'm passing out guys... I'll catch up when I wake up.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:28 AM   #977
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

I think pragmatically it's better to confirm Haku as cop/doctor/whatever and have him get NK'd instead of letting him flip blue and leaving the wolves able to fakeclaim cop/doctor/whatever

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:28 AM   #978
Hakulyte
the Haku

Are you saying that this setup cannot have 2 of the same role ?
Old 02-23-2020, 04:30 AM   #979
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Are you saying that this setup cannot have 2 of the same role ?
It's a Simple SunFan Game, so no I don't believe that

Old 02-23-2020, 04:31 AM   #980
Hakulyte
the Haku

How about 2 masons ?
Closed Thread