Old 02-23-2020, 03:44 AM   #941
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
that frustration and burnout is something I'm sensing when it comes to discussion on storn, raeko, and Haku

it's not that the discussions aren't valid, but they feel circular and non-productive, which is why I suggest honing in more on how they feel "today" instead of rehashing pointless arguments

for example, force raeko to give current reads and drill her on that. it forces her to generate NEW thought, and if she's a wolf it will expose a gap in her defenses. The Haku discussion about the "claim" feels like the outcome would be decided by salt and frustration instead of actual scumreads
You can't say the discussions are valid but then suggest we don't continue then until they give new reads

The reason we are having these discussions is that they won't give reads/even pretend to be productive

You are in effect telling us to cease pressure and I don't like it

You know DBP, you said Haku and Storn should be looked at/scrutinized today, why don't you place a vote on one of them?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 02-23-2020, 03:45 AM   #942
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

I've been begging Raeko AND Storn for reads

As for Raeko: YES. She has INTERACTED with people. YES she has given thoughts on things. This isn't what I WANT. I WANT a full read fro her. EOD she gave us a town pile, a.pile that's not quite town, but the only lynch she was okay with was Storn...

As for Storn he went deep under the radar in my eyes and I DON'T think he's put up a list of anyone? Someone correct me if this is wronh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 02-23-2020, 03:46 AM   #943
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Raeko and Storn: I want a fucking list of reads and your own thoughts within 24 hours from now.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 03:47 AM   #944
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
DBP we cpntinously asked Storn for reads all day and he read like 2 people and made a bunch of excuses so how long you want me to do that before I'm allow to scum read him?

Lo, Shadow has asked for reads this phase already and he hasn't attempted to answer that, just went on about invisibility or some shit.
I'm not justifying his past behavior or exonerating him of criticism, because his play yesterday was undeniably bad, I guess I'm trying to avoid tunnel-vision because that's how it usually manifests with me in these games

linger on their bad (or even scummy) play from yesterday while putting on blinders to their current play leads to tunnel-vision

-------

do you think storn's refusal to give reads is a scummy behavior? in this case I'd read it more as "stubbornness" which is on average NAI IMO

in early game I think tilting and refusing to cooperate is more of a town sign because human emotion is more likely to dictate town gameplay than the crafted, self-aware behavior of a wolf

I guess ultimately keep pressing him but just make sure you're able to periodically take a step back and see the bigger picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 02-23-2020, 03:48 AM   #945
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Lar, what are the odds of us solving Haku on the grounds of solving other people? Do you think we should look into him today or another lbase?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 03:49 AM   #946
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Phase. Yep. Meds are kicking in hardcore
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 03:50 AM   #947
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

DBP has anyone found an issue with giving reads as town? I feel like if you're town, you'd WANT to discuss your thoughts about other people
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 03:50 AM   #948
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Freezin DID read you as "Hero EOD" which is like... I want to think you're sick of that mentality whenever you roll town, like you just want to play the game like everyone else. I understand the respect people have of you as a player but I don't think EOD should.depend on you entirely, it requires multiple voices, objections, agreements and active communication in order to solve players and find wolves...
thank you for this

I feel like I've mentioned it in another game recently and it's not an easy thing to nail down because on one hand I want to push in the direction I think is right, but on the other hand I don't want people to blindly agree with what i'm saying, which is partly what led to FG not getting lynched and things falling apart

it's just tough

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 03:56 AM   #949
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Lar, what are the odds of us solving Haku on the grounds of solving other people? Do you think we should look into him today or another lbase?
It's a mystery game so how can we solve his claim without any confirmation from another role? And hell, that doesn't mean that can be trusted 100% either because mystery

Haku's pulled that fake claim and bought phases for the team before.

Saying you can claim in an effort to get out of pressure is claiming I don't care how he tries to spin it, and then he survives and all he can offer is "well I didn't hardclaim, act like I didn't claim"

And Storn is right there, in real time, goose-stepping with that notion that Haku didn't actually claim. Go read that quote chain I just posted

Haku's the biggest offender and I think he's planning to play decoy again so his partners can go under the radar again. He did that and got town PR killed last game we played and I think he's faking here too. Unless he gives a very compelling reason to keep him alive he needs to go.

Old 02-23-2020, 03:57 AM   #950
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
You can't say the discussions are valid but then suggest we don't continue then until they give new reads

The reason we are having these discussions is that they won't give reads/even pretend to be productive

You are in effect telling us to cease pressure and I don't like it

You know DBP, you said Haku and Storn should be looked at/scrutinized today, why don't you place a vote on one of them?
What I see on the outside is two people arguing with each other and both parties digging their heels into the ground and I'm afraid that this reinforces your scumreads for bad reasons. I don't want you to drop your scumreads, I want you to push from different angles. If he's a wolf then nail him to the cross with a multi-faceted approach

Keep up pressure and follow what you believe in but harping on a single point for 4 hours is the opposite of evolution. It's stagnation, and if this becomes the focal point of the entire phase then we've effectively wasted an entire day if you're wrong.

RE: Haku and storn, I don't know who the higher priority is, but given the Haku minefield I'd pressure storn first

what are your strongest thoughts this game storn? you don't need a reads list, just tell us what your strongest inclinations are so far.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 03:58 AM   #951
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
It's a mystery game so how can we solve his claim without any confirmation from another role? And hell, that doesn't mean that can be trusted 100% either because mystery

Saying you can claim in an effort to get out of pressure is claiming I don't care how he tries to spin it, and then he survives and all he can offer is "well I didn't hardclaim, act like I didn't claim"

And Storn is right there, in real time, goose-stepping with that notion that Haku didn't actually claim. Go read that quote chain I just posted

Haku's the biggest offender and I think he's planning to play decoy again so his partners can go under the radar again. He did that and got town PR killed last game we played and I think he's faking here too. Unless he gives a very compelling reason to keep him alive he needs to go.

Can I take this post as you're wolf reading Haku? I'm sorry, I'm starting to get incoherent
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 03:59 AM   #952
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:

do you think he should claim today? he said that he only said the "claim" thing yesterday is because he had to leave and might not be back in time to defend himself if the current momentum kept up.

it sounds like you're suggesting that the only resolution is to force a claim out of him, is this right?

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:00 AM   #953
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

If theres three people I want to solve right now tbh it's Storn/Haku/Raeko. I've NEVER read Raeko as wolf but when I looked at her interactions with Lar my gut turned horrible and I don't like it at all
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:00 AM   #954
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

both Haku and storn, I also want you to look at Xiz's final reads post and tell me to what extent you agree and disagree with his conclusions.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:01 AM   #955
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

DBP that's bullshit.

Don't come in here, try to cool pressure on people but then not wanna push because hero status or whatever

You want me to take anything you're saying serious? Start posting theories and get in there

And frankly what I want to see is you not ignoring me about your vote. Don't come in and say it's ok to pressure people or someone should be looked at and not fucking place a vote. I don't want to hear about your fear of being twg-jesus or whatever the shit just do something and make a difference.

I rather you be wrong then be this lukewarm poster not getting shit done. If it makes you feel better, unless you're preaching to kill Haku I ain't planning to follow you blindly

Old 02-23-2020, 04:02 AM   #956
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
If theres three people I want to solve right now tbh it's Storn/Haku/Raeko. I've NEVER read Raeko as wolf but when I looked at her interactions with Lar my gut turned horrible and I don't like it at all
in a similar vein to what I mentioned above I think the most effective way of determining her alignment is to get her to produce and commit to reads

raeko's responses were pretty gross but focusing on that is getting us absolutely nowhere today

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:04 AM   #957
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
do you think he should claim today? he said that he only said the "claim" thing yesterday is because he had to leave and might not be back in time to defend himself if the current momentum kept up.

it sounds like you're suggesting that the only resolution is to force a claim out of him, is this right?
Are we assuming that someone shot Bolthe and the wolf kill failed in this scenario? I just want to know if I'm on the same page here. Please let me know if I'm with you on this thought process
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:05 AM   #958
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

Assume I replaced out and you're the replacement; you realize I'm town, that I'm stuck in this situation and that I did this as a wolf before. Xiz and Bolth mannn flipped town and I have a game where I did the exact same thing as a wolf. I thought I'd be a dumbass and replicate my wolf game in my town game to see what happens, but here you are in those dirty shoes.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:06 AM   #959
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
in a similar vein to what I mentioned above I think the most effective way of determining her alignment is to get her to produce and commit to reads

raeko's responses were pretty gross but focusing on that is getting us absolutely nowhere today
I'll try prodding a little harder for reads. Town Raeko is more of a.free think
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-23-2020, 04:08 AM   #960
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
DBP that's bullshit.
I want to win this fucking game like the rest of us, and I've come to the conclusion that if I behave in a way similar to my last few games I'm working against my win condition. Rational thinking, probably not, but at the end of the day I've decided I'm tired of feeling like shit when situations like what literally happened last EoD happen and leaving with the feeling that I messed up the game for others

I'm not gonna stop giving reads and trying to solve the game but I'm not going to be a fucking hero about it

Please reread my posts tonight and make sure you understand that I'm not asking you to give up your reads, I'm asking you to not give up on thinking in favor of validating your own read about a specific data point.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Closed Thread