Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
leadafro
Tykeem Ultimatum
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to leadafro Send a message via Yahoo to leadafro
Default The Newgrounds Keyboard MegaPack 2 (this time it's gonna be different.)

Well, well, well, it's The Newgrounds Keyboard Megapack 2.

Yes well as we all know, the last NKMP was EXTREMELY "GAY" but This one is gonna be the shizzle.

Ok guys listen up you don't have to be GODLY at makeing sims like for example:yesssss, Glove, or Necros, but you must show us that you the simfile artist knows what he or she is doing and provide us with a fun sim thats not complete sh!t.Yes I know I'm NOT super Godly at patterns but I do know what I am doing.I am asking for support from people that will offer their time to judge.This project is an unscheduled one so take you time because there are no due dates.We will release whenever we feel we have enough files.I will also like to say you are free to comment your Ideas on the pack but it's not going to change anything if you have somthing negative to say.

RULES

1. ALL SONGS MUST COME FROM THE NEWGROUNDS AUDIO PORTAL LOCATED @ newgrounds.com/audio

2. MARATHON SONGS ARE ALLOWED, but please no songs under 1:00.

3. Mines and Hands are ALLOWED in your single Heavy, EDIT or Challenge files, but No Rolls since everyone does not have a stepmania that can support them.

4. Please have a cdtitle befor you submit your file.If you do not have a cdtitle get someone to make you one or ask me nicely and I may decide to make you one.Also If you do not have a BG and Bn for your song we will get you them most likely.

5. The minimum difficulty for heavy steps is 10 feet.If you decide to make a Heavy only file it must be at least a 10 in difficulty, and remember this is a keyboard pack not a pad pack, Although paddable files are allowed for the lower levels ex. Standard, light, and beginner.

6.sorry for forgetting this one! PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT STUFF THAT IS ALREADY IN ANY SIMFILE DATABASE.(In otherwords submit unreleased sims.)

7. DO YOUR SIM HOMEWORK! Make sure the sim you have stepped was not previously stepped, because unless its better than everyone else's edit it will most likely be rejected..

Submit your files to newgroundspack2@gmail.com

I think this is a much better layout than the last one.

PM me if you would like the chance to judge.

Judges
Dugray (Full Time judge)
leadafro (Full time Judge)
SulferDragon (Partial Judge)

Song list
this is not official because of the lack of judges. Once there are more we will vote to see witch ones will stay.

legendary pirate: aerial galleon (ShadowDragon!) -Pending- needs a little tweaking.The 24ths After the Bpm change at the end should be 32nds.

War brings Peace (~Zero~) - Accepted

Boss Battle #2 (SulferDragon) -Accepted

Event Horizon (leadafro) -Accepted

Counter Strike Gun Sounds (Bluegurrilla)- Accepted

Cerebral Infection - (leadafro) - Pending - Still working on this.

Evil genius (JakeyJake7)-Rejected- Poor song choice/bad steps.

If your song isn't on the list in a week from judgement it probubly got Rejected or we didn't check it. I advise you just to post about it if you think we should definatly check it out.We will tell you if you ask why it got Rejected.If we think it has potential but has minor defects we will keep it on the list as pending with a small description on what needs to be improved.

Thank you Gamershadow for coming up with this awsome Idea.Yes you are still involved. I hope?

Last edited by leadafro; 11-29-2007 at 12:33 PM..
leadafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]
Default Re: The Newgrounds Keyboard MegaPack 2 (this time it's gonna be different.)

i'll make you a deal. find me a song to step, and i'll submit it.
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
leadafro
Tykeem Ultimatum
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Newgrounds Keyboard MegaPack 2 (this time it's gonna be different.)

Thats very nice of you.Ummm I geuss I could go look for one but if I like it more I won't give it to ya.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 AM   #4
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

awesome i'll send a file for you to judge right now hope you like =D
Old 10-31-2007, 02:43 PM   #5
intensez
FFR Player

If you are in a rush to make a CD title and don't want someone else to make one, use this link.
http://cooltext.com/
Remember to save in .PNG format and set with transparency. Done.

On topic, this looks really nice. Hopefully it gets better files than the 1st. If I find something on Newgrounds that's pretty awesome, I'll submit.
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
behanjc
stargroup & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to behanjc

oshi- Didn't know Davidorr had a newgrounds. I wish he put Extrospection up. I love that.
behanjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
ShadowDragon!
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ShadowDragon!

Hey, what about my legendary pirate: aerial galleon. It's suppose to be on the list too...I think.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
jakeyjake7
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jakeyjake7

HELLZ YEA!!! i was waiting for this thread. ill probably submit my victim file by friday. just need the graphics.
jakeyjake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
Yesssss
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Yesssss

The main problem about the previous NGKBMP was the bad song choices. I don't know of any good artists on NG, but if you want this one to be better than the last, then step better, and more interesting songs.
Yesssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:03 PM   #10
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesssss View Post
The main problem about the previous NGKBMP was the bad song choices. I don't know of any good artists on NG, but if you want this one to be better than the last, then step better, and more interesting songs.
probably the most truthful statement anyone has ever posted

btw, extrospection is absolutely amazing

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 01:14 AM   #11
Professor Raine
FFR Player

Well, rather than having people try to dig up video game remixes, go for originality.

My simfilez ----
Dancing Rain : Dancing Rain 2
Professor Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 06:55 AM   #12
leadafro
Tykeem Ultimatum
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
Step stuff by davidorr. I'm too lazy to get the link, but you'll find him quite easily.

This pack looks a LOT better at first glance. The limitation of difficulty for Heavy kinda irks me though, but whatever, I'm not submitting so it won't pertain to me.
There is no limitation on heavy.You just have to submit over a 10 in difficulty.whats the problum?I mean SM style 10's not FFR style 10's and must I remind you that this is a Keyboard pack.
Old 11-1-2007, 07:08 AM   #13
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

I was going to make the thread, as I was going to lead the project again. ;_;

Also, because I am an idiot, I will need help setting up the e-mail for our pack on my computer.

Also, if anybody knows if there is an unlock system in StepMania, please let me know. I wish to use it if it exists to simulate the audio portal in a way.

Stepping Victim as well. I already have kickass graphics, I just need a new CDtitle.

Leadafro: For a minimum of songs, we MUST HAVE AT LEAST 140. MAXIMUM IS 300. The project will not finish until we have the minimum of songs.

Also, we need a kickass banner for the pack itself. The image I still have in my sig is from the first NKMP. We need a better one. =P

Last edited by GamerShadow; 11-1-2007 at 07:12 AM..
GamerShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 07:20 AM   #14
leadafro
Tykeem Ultimatum
FFR Veteran

I'll make the new banner art for it. but even 140 as a minimum of songs will take way to much time to upload and or download.I mean 140 good songs? Lets face it, we indeed would be lucky to find 30-40 decent songs to step on newgrounds.The minimum should be more like 30 and the maxximum can be up to 100 if it gets that high.

My review on Anaconda Remix- Over all a fairly repetitive song but that is to be expected from newgrounds.I personally thought the song could have had alittle more layering to emphasize the pulse beats and holds.It seems like an ok FFR file but I am looking for a little more of SM style.If you fix it up a bit more maybe freshen up the whole chart it could probably get in, but right now I would have to reject it.

Last edited by leadafro; 11-1-2007 at 09:51 AM..
Old 11-1-2007, 09:16 AM   #15
kommisar[os]
Banned

i dont care what song it is as long as its steppable. i havent stepped something fun in a while
Old 11-1-2007, 09:43 AM   #16
leadafro
Tykeem Ultimatum
FFR Veteran

cool.

Also in response to what yesssss said about stepping interesting songs...Well everyone has a different opinion on what "interesting" is.I understand what you are trying to say but IMO you haven't stepped the most interesting songs I have ever heard either.Some of the songs you step get on my nerves.(no not the steps the actual songs.)Anyway we are going to be more strict on the repetitiveness and overall quality of the songs that are submitted(This will be a hard task because of the lack of "good" artists on NG).This pack will be up for a while so We are in no hurry to have alot of sims right now.

The major problum with the first Pack was the Simfile Artists themselves.Most of those Charts really sucked includeing MY OWN sim called Always here.I wasn't feeling the music even through the patterns I used I know I have to work on them alot.

Last edited by leadafro; 11-1-2007 at 10:03 AM..
Old 11-1-2007, 11:25 AM   #17
kommisar[os]
Banned

yeah but you're way better now and the last pack was just for gaining experience. I believe you can pull something better off this time.
Old 11-1-2007, 11:32 AM   #18
debit13
FFR Player

LOL--i said i'd contribute to the NKMP and I didn't.

I'm gonna contribute at least one song here (I promise!).
debit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2007, 11:51 AM   #19
leadafro
Tykeem Ultimatum
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar[os] View Post
yeah but you're way better now and the last pack was just for gaining experience. I believe you can pull something better off this time.
Thanks man that actually makes me feel alot better.
Old 11-1-2007, 12:29 PM   #20
kommisar[os]
Banned

judging by your recent submissions you have quite abit of potential. you sort of remind me of my own stepping style. if you want to collab anything let me know