Old 05-11-2017, 03:00 AM   #321
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXVII Game Thread How Was Awakening Reviewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloco217 View Post
Expected to have to read more from when I went to bed but there wasn't all that much

I liked Dabackpack's entrance. Felt fun but also productive

Didn't like Tokzic's entrance because of him saying there is one in Lar or Xel and not saying why and then leaving.

Xiz poking his head back in was nice. tbh him playing is a pretty big part of why I decided to play so I'm probably not going to read him very well because I want him to be town. He seems towny

I really appreciate Haku hiding the spoilers for me

There was something else I wanted to say but I skimmed the last couple pages and nothing jogged my memory so must not have been important
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I'm leaning tiloco town for his statement about Xiz tbh
I really don't like this exchange somehow because it feels convenient and hardly justified.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:09 AM   #322
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Let's check out what you said

I guess "Ignore him lean-wise" is an out to say you ain't exactly clearing him of scum but at the same time you are refusing to do it as well.

You almost got it. I'm not leaning him anywhere but in the not worth lynching d0 pile.

Consider it a different approach to D0 from me.

You're willing to put him off the table and no amount of word salad is gonna make that not look like you are giving him a pass for the reason of him being "different" for you in a way that you strongly imply is not a positive different.

Let me spell it out.

Haku is playing a very genuine townie style, which by comparison to how he typically plays, is off and leaves me with concerns. I could argue that this is a good reason to actually scum read him, but then the inverse argument exists, and there's not a scum oriented post to argue the first argument with.

Sure, you can call it a shit reasoning. It's day fucking zero. Opinions can change.

Actually let's see that reasoning again

You say this is important but it strikes me as an excuse.

A shitty one, at that.

Or it could be a mental note for later.

Why don't you just fucking giftwrap that excuse for him. fuck.
Didn't want him to answer for himself?

It's more like cutting the crap, but I probably got ahead of myself a bit.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:30 AM   #323
Hakulyte
the Haku

Turbo XIII is the most interesting game for figuring out where I am right now because it's the most recent one.

I'm not telling you to read the thread, but skimming my iso just to get a feel of what my goals were in general sounds like a decent idea. It was a lot more robotic than in my previous games.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=147345

I do believe I should converge into a more mechanical playstyle where I try to simplify the game and resolve conflicts rather than creating additional chaos and praying someone in the other faction mess up. The reality is that, at the end of the day, the majority will decide what happens. It's easier to help everyone resolve conflicts than to create problems on your own. The only moment where you want to create trouble yourself is if you think you have something worth placing on the plate for everyone else. That something this game was the setup mechanics vs the first fire emblem game. I am done with that. I don't know how this info will affect night actions etc. Right now, I'd probably just revert back to playing this game like it was a standard game. I sit back and wait for a conflict to happen between other players and I try to see if I can resolve that conflict somehow.

Anyway, going to sleep before I break my sleep schedule.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:29 AM   #324
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Haku's entire defense is boiling down to "This is my town game, look at all these games that was my town game and see how I'm doing the same thing!" and I'm trying to remember if I ever seen a town actually fall back on that. Pretty sure I've seen wolves do it before though (Shado comes to mind)

Haku, you seem reeeeeeaaallly concern that people read you correctly. I know you're gonna say you don't and just want to create content and blah blah but I don't really believe you.

Oh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Consider it a different approach to D0 from me.
I consider it a very different approach for you.

Noted

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 05-11-2017, 04:44 AM   #325
Hakulyte
the Haku

MML, I am a wolf. You have solved me. Please just vote me and move on with the rest of the game. Let's stop a moment and contemplate your victory.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:16 AM   #326
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Ok so, like I said in pregame I'm gonna be tied up at parts of the week. Not only do I have Tai Chi today since it's Thursday but my brother is in town and I don't know if I'll be posting alot. The weekend will be better as I work and have nothing better to do most of the shift.

I'll leave a reads list to make up for it tho.

1) Hakulyte
Liked his entrance and at first was willing to give him a pass, but lately he seems way too overly defensive/desperate in his post. See above responses to him. Anyway he gets to stay on the table.

3) inDheart
InD has almost as many post as I do and the only thing I can recall that he said was I think he was the one who pointed out that I was giving Haku a pass too early (which was correct). He doesn't stick out in my mind, and gets a null

5) Cold Kitten
CK has 4 post as of this writing. We're near 30 hour in and I'm not even sure how many are "contentful" enough to count towards minium. I have a thing against players who go UTR but in all fairness he probably needs to be placed at Null

6) XelNya
Looking past the troll votes and him tryharding, that handwaving he did with Haku was shit, was explained like shit and was only defended so-so. Not impressed. Xel's another player who seems to want to put more effort when wolf and I'm starting to see it already. I expected more Wendy's memes but got.....whatever that was he gave (psssssh the answer is shit)
So yeah, Throw a wolflearn on him

7) roundbox
Roundbox is only reacting to things, but he always does this d0. Other then that push on Xel he did the last Fire Emblem game I can't think of a game where he generated content this early on his own. (Fighting me our last game over this topic doesn't count)
. He has 5 post of this writing, and really needs to get back in here. I'll throw him in null....he's easier to read D2 thankfully.

8) Xiz
I remember not liking Xiz's entrance that much, there was alot of actual posting which I don't associate with him this early. I don't recall that he said anything out of place though. He then dropped off the map and that's kind of bad....
We'll give him a faint scum lean for now

9) Tokzic
Standard Tokzic entrance with standard Tokzic involvement. I actually hate trying to read him because he seems to do this as both alignment. Null

10) tiloco217
Tiloco seemed willing to try and make an actual contentful post while he was around but otherwise doesn't stick out to me. I don't know this player and unless he does something extremely stupid or anti-town I can give him a day past. Null

11) DarkManticoreX2
Called Haku out but hasn't done much anything else. Only has 11 post. He's a legend in these parts and is suppose to be a good player, so add that with my UTR bias and it makes me not care for him this game. A skeptical yellow hue for now---I'd put him at null but I got this feeling he's capable of posting more and just isn't. Call it a gutread if you will.

12) blindreper1179
Other then jumping on me early on I don't really know what else of note Blind has done. I'll probably ISO him since he as a high postcount and still doesn't stick out to me later. Seemed pretty eager to start the ball rolling at the start but has since dropped dominate thread presence.

I'll be fair and put him at null.

13) mellonxcollie
Raeko has 5 post as of this writing and I swear like 3 of them are complaining that people need to produce more content. While this is standard Raeko fair for both alignments, it doesn't make it any less bad. Will probably scumread me again for calling her out.
....n all honesty, she's null though. Raeko's cool as a person but as a player I wish she'd step her game up some.

14) DaBackPack
Had a good entrance that looked like the Detective BackPack we all love, but dropped off fairly quickly. He has 16 post as of this writing, which if you consider that most if not all of those are one liners with thoughts split between them it doesn't provide alot of content. What he did say was aggressive, but he just kind of stops.
DaBackPack has this habit of losing interest in a game as wolf, so if he fails to come back that's a bad sign. It's still a little early to say that's happening, but I'll be keeping an eye out for his return. Null for the moment, ball's in his court.

15) LightKnight924
Has 2 posts and I couldnt tell you what they where. As aggravating as that is,
he's still justNull.

16) Soundwave-
The only thing of note is he defended Haku acting like he knew Haku well enough to claim what was normal for him. While Xel has sort of soft defended him and Haku provided examples of games they've played, I don't think Soundwave as gotten around to addressing it himself.
He has 7 posts as of this writing, it's a little unfair to slant him to either side as of now so Null

17) FreezinIce
Freezin is confident there isnt a reviver, and thanks I'm a little too aggressive. Past that, his 13 posts are whitenoise. That seems about right for d0 Freezin to be honest.
Maybe a slightly green tint? call it a gutread. Probably deserves null but fuck it.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:18 AM   #327
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
MML, I am a wolf. You have solved me. Please just vote me and move on with the rest of the game. Let's stop a moment and contemplate your victory.
I almost feel like replacing out holy shit this is garbage. Either this is the worst troll post to try and counter my points or you are actually giving up on day fucking 0 Jesus Haku

Either way that's a garbage response fuck

Old 05-11-2017, 05:18 AM   #328
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Haku

FUCK

Old 05-11-2017, 05:18 AM   #329
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

I'm done for the moment

Old 05-11-2017, 05:21 AM   #330
Hakulyte
the Haku

I'm trying to understand your progression on me from when you joined this game to this very point. It's just fascinating to me.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:16 AM   #331
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Tbh tunneling and faking anger at one person is a wolf strat. I've employed it enough to recognize it when I see it. This is too much even for you mml

Go drink some water dude.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 05-11-2017, 06:17 AM   #332
FreezinIce
FFR Player

How about you cut the theatrics and move on with the game

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 05-11-2017, 07:07 AM   #333
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Ok so, like I said in pregame I'm gonna be tied up at parts of the week. Not only do I have Tai Chi today since it's Thursday but my brother is in town and I don't know if I'll be posting alot. The weekend will be better as I work and have nothing better to do most of the shift.

I'll leave a reads list to make up for it tho.

1) Hakulyte
Liked his entrance and at first was willing to give him a pass, but lately he seems way too overly defensive/desperate in his post. See above responses to him. Anyway he gets to stay on the table.

3) inDheart
InD has almost as many post as I do and the only thing I can recall that he said was I think he was the one who pointed out that I was giving Haku a pass too early (which was correct). He doesn't stick out in my mind, and gets a null

5) Cold Kitten
CK has 4 post as of this writing. We're near 30 hour in and I'm not even sure how many are "contentful" enough to count towards minium. I have a thing against players who go UTR but in all fairness he probably needs to be placed at Null

6) XelNya
Looking past the troll votes and him tryharding, that handwaving he did with Haku was shit, was explained like shit and was only defended so-so. Not impressed. Xel's another player who seems to want to put more effort when wolf and I'm starting to see it already. I expected more Wendy's memes but got.....whatever that was he gave (psssssh the answer is shit)
So yeah, Throw a wolflearn on him

7) roundbox
Roundbox is only reacting to things, but he always does this d0. Other then that push on Xel he did the last Fire Emblem game I can't think of a game where he generated content this early on his own. (Fighting me our last game over this topic doesn't count)
. He has 5 post of this writing, and really needs to get back in here. I'll throw him in null....he's easier to read D2 thankfully.

8) Xiz
I remember not liking Xiz's entrance that much, there was alot of actual posting which I don't associate with him this early. I don't recall that he said anything out of place though. He then dropped off the map and that's kind of bad....
We'll give him a faint scum lean for now

9) Tokzic
Standard Tokzic entrance with standard Tokzic involvement. I actually hate trying to read him because he seems to do this as both alignment. Null

10) tiloco217
Tiloco seemed willing to try and make an actual contentful post while he was around but otherwise doesn't stick out to me. I don't know this player and unless he does something extremely stupid or anti-town I can give him a day past. Null

11) DarkManticoreX2
Called Haku out but hasn't done much anything else. Only has 11 post. He's a legend in these parts and is suppose to be a good player, so add that with my UTR bias and it makes me not care for him this game. A skeptical yellow hue for now---I'd put him at null but I got this feeling he's capable of posting more and just isn't. Call it a gutread if you will.

12) blindreper1179
Other then jumping on me early on I don't really know what else of note Blind has done. I'll probably ISO him since he as a high postcount and still doesn't stick out to me later. Seemed pretty eager to start the ball rolling at the start but has since dropped dominate thread presence.

I'll be fair and put him at null.

13) mellonxcollie
Raeko has 5 post as of this writing and I swear like 3 of them are complaining that people need to produce more content. While this is standard Raeko fair for both alignments, it doesn't make it any less bad. Will probably scumread me again for calling her out.
....n all honesty, she's null though. Raeko's cool as a person but as a player I wish she'd step her game up some.

14) DaBackPack
Had a good entrance that looked like the Detective BackPack we all love, but dropped off fairly quickly. He has 16 post as of this writing, which if you consider that most if not all of those are one liners with thoughts split between them it doesn't provide alot of content. What he did say was aggressive, but he just kind of stops.
DaBackPack has this habit of losing interest in a game as wolf, so if he fails to come back that's a bad sign. It's still a little early to say that's happening, but I'll be keeping an eye out for his return. Null for the moment, ball's in his court.

15) LightKnight924
Has 2 posts and I couldn't tell you what they where. As aggravating as that is,
he's still justNull.

16) Soundwave-
The only thing of note is he defended Haku acting like he knew Haku well enough to claim what was normal for him. While Xel has sort of soft defended him and Haku provided examples of games they've played, I don't think Soundwave as gotten around to addressing it himself.
He has 7 posts as of this writing, it's a little unfair to slant him to either side as of now so Null

17) FreezinIce
Freezin is confident there isnt a reviver, and thanks I'm a little too aggressive. Past that, his 13 posts are whitenoise. That seems about right for d0 Freezin to be honest.
Maybe a slightly green tint? call it a gutread. Probably deserves null but fuck it.
Side notes:

1. Cold Kitten is female for reference
2. She did state that early game, and maybe the pregame, would be a bit scarce via plane trip to Canada, I don't disagree with your sentiment, nor your mentality there, it's a spot we agree in.
3. This reads list is actually humerous, I see what you did on that Haku read.

Not that I agree with that one.
4. Do you have a shovel?
Old 05-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #334
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Soundwave played Fall of An Empire with me and a few lTWG games.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=147219

I don't remember if he rolled wolf in lTWG with me. He was town in the forum game.

I do think Soundwave feels about the same as in that previous game..
This is the extent of my play, keeping in mind this does mean Haku has been in every game I've played here with the exception of the first.

I did not roll wolf, except for with Xiz.

Borderline self-meta, I feel closer to my first forum game here, if not a bit more confident. Dig it up if you wish, contains juicy woof Soundwave.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 05-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #335
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

town
Dbp
Me
Maybe town
Tox
Manti
Woof feeling
Mmm
Mellon
Null
Everyone else
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 05-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #336
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Mml *
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2017, 12:17 PM   #337
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

MML's reads list didn't seem all that insightful tbh and could probably be inferred so I don't really know why he felt the need to post it. I have liked that he's been the one generating the most discussion. I want to give him a town lean but I'm still rather skeptical of him. What does ISO and yellow read mean btw?

Xel's interaction with MML felt towny from him. I don't think I've played with him on forum but I know he's fairly trolly on live and I feel like he would just fall back on that as mafia. This felt like actual frustration (and iirc he has a thing against MML right?) so I'll give him a faint town read. Didn't like his response to MML's read list but I think the good outweighs the bad here

Blind why do you have a maybe town read on Toxzic. What he's done so far doesn't seem very alignment indicative based on people saying this is just what he normally does.

Haku felt towny initially while defending himself and talking about his meta and all that. It's a really weird thing to do and I don't think it's the first place a mafia would go because he knows it's something your not supposed to do.

I have a little more to say but I need to go give a presentation so it'll have to wait
Old 05-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #338
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Sorry homies I've been mad busy IRL. I'll be reading the thread and forming some thoughts this afternoon.

Just want to point out that try-harding with a huge readslist like MML has done so early in the game is usually more wolfy than not... just my two cents. Many of the people he included in the list are just null to him so why even include them? I always do a big reads list like that as a wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 05-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #339
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Tiloco, because it's what he said. Sure he's being his usual self. But, there's something in my guy going town. For now.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #340
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Gut* fucking phone.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread