Old 01-3-2012, 05:17 PM   #161
UnkownMan
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UnkownMan Send a message via Yahoo to UnkownMan
Default Re: Pseudo Skill Tokens ~2012 Remix~

Why? If the FFR Officials don't change the requirements for the regular tokens, why should we be allowed to? I say that if we get the token, then we have gotten the token. However, the "only available to do one" rule is a bit bogus, seeing as how in the past, you could create up to 3. (I would have said "as many as you want", but my memory is slightly hazy about that part. So, I'll go the safe route and just say 3.)

This is just my opinion, however. Maybe others would like to do it. Me? I don't see it as safe.
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Last edited by UnkownMan; 01-3-2012 at 05:20 PM..
UnkownMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2012, 05:20 PM   #162
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
double posting cuz I feel like it.

Here's an idea: To keep this thing going all year long, how about creators of tokens have the ability to change their token requirement once each month (January has a requirement, February has another, etc), mainly just to switch things up a bit, and also lets creators express their creative freedom :P

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me hehe. I was just curious who else could do my achievement besides me. No one wants to attempt mine so far :/
Old 01-3-2012, 05:24 PM   #163
Ninty64
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I think that being able to change tokens would become confusing. Instead, I like the idea of being able to make another token if you unlock a certain amount of other tokens.

Oh, and I attempted yours Elite. I gave up after a few attempts, too hard
Ninty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2012, 05:24 PM   #164
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnkownMan View Post
Why? If the FFR Officials don't change the requirements for the regular tokens, why should we be allowed to? I say that if we get the token, then we have gotten the token. However, the "only available to do one" rule is a bit bogus, seeing as how in the past, you could create up to 3. (I would have said "as many as you want", but my memory is slightly hazy about that part. So, I'll go the safe route and just say 3.)

This is just my opinion, however. Maybe others would like to do it. Me? I don't see it as safe.
Keep in mind this is a thread for fun, and skill tokens requirements can't be changed because they actually unlock something in the game lol.

I like that idea too, Ninty. Anything would be better than just having to stick with 1 token requirement for the entire life of this thread (be it a year or a month).
EDIT: I'll get elite ninja's token when I get warmed up, I'm pr0 @ tornad0. I tried it cold and got to 800 with like 4 goods lol.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-3-2012 at 05:27 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2012, 05:31 PM   #165
UnkownMan
FFR Player

Quote:
Keep in mind this is a thread for fun, and skill tokens requirements can't be changed because they actually unlock something in the game lol.
Oh, I'm aware it is for fun. But, why would it right for it to happen one way, but change it in another? I mean, if the token itself is hard, then go ahead and be able to change it. However, what if someone already has the token and all of a sudden the requirement changes? That person loses the token and has to regain it. Imagine if you got Otaku Speedvibe [Oni], but all of a sudden, the FFR Officials decided to change the requirement of the token, and then you lose it? Tell me you wouldn't be pissed off. I would, I know that. Despite them unlocking something for the game, some of these tokens also give out special rewards (credits, hentai folders, etc.). Would that make it okay? Again, probably over-thinking it. If I am, I apologize.

tl;dr, Not a good idea. If you change it, the ones who have it will get frustrated over having to do a different task every time just go get something they've already gotten.

However, if you don't lose the token if the requirements have changed, then my argument is moot.
Old 01-3-2012, 05:32 PM   #166
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

I'd keep records of who unlocked what when on what requirement, I wouldn't just delete it lol. It's mainly just an idea to keep people busy with these and see what kind of wacky requirements people will start coming up with.

Old 01-3-2012, 05:34 PM   #167
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I agree with ninty on this. Don't allow change, but allowing a second token for like, 20 unlocks or something would be cool.
Old 01-3-2012, 05:34 PM   #168
UnkownMan
FFR Player

Okay. I wasn't quite clear on that part. I thought that people would have to regain the token and the reward if the requirement changes. If that is the case, then I do not mind, especially for those tokens that are very difficult to get. However, there should be a limit to how many times you can change it. Or at least be able to give out another token/token+reward every few months. Just to keep everything fresh.
Old 01-3-2012, 05:37 PM   #169
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

I think we're leaning towards the second token option (after unlocking x amount of others' tokens), now we must figure out what is x.

I think I'm going to make it a static increment, so it's "For every x tokens you unlock (excluding your own), you may create another pseudo skill token." with an infinite limit on the number of tokens any one user can make. I'd love to see this absolutely explode :P. I'd better make a tutorial on how to create your own token image as well so justin and I won't have to do all the graphics. The method I use requires no download and about a kindergartener's knowledge of image editing interface. Takes a good 10-15 minutes to churn one out tho.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 01-3-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Old 01-3-2012, 05:38 PM   #170
UnkownMan
FFR Player

In my opinion, it should be every 5 tokens you unlock. Keeping it balanced, but not too linear. Also, throwing back to the classic DDR games where you'd get a new song every 5 you play. However, it won't be songs you unlock.

You get the idea, right?
Old 01-3-2012, 05:39 PM   #171
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

Quote:
I think we're leaning towards the second token option (after unlocking x amount of others' tokens), now we must figure out what is x.

I think I'm going to make it a static increment, so it's "For every x tokens you unlock (excluding your own), you may create another pseudo skill token." with an infinite limit on the number of tokens any one user can make. I'd love to see this absolutely explode :P.
I'm cool with that idea xD

XxMidigamixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2012, 05:40 PM   #172
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

I was thinking 10, that way it's not just the same 10 people making a trillion tokens.

Old 01-3-2012, 05:44 PM   #173
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

At the VERY least, ten. I'd be happy with 20. I think within the next two weeks or so we'll have more people come up with tokens, and things will be fun. PLUS with people knowing they can always make more with ~15 unlocks, they will be less inclined to make super hard requirements I'd think.

Also rushy I don't mind making them, it takes me about two minutes now haha.
Old 01-3-2012, 05:45 PM   #174
UnkownMan
FFR Player

If a lot of people join in to make tokens, then I wouldn't see a problem with 10. But, there aren't that many tokens, and nobody is 100% on how many people are going to join up. I think starting off with 5 is the best way. Then, when more tokens are made and more people join the cast, then we can change it to 10.
I don't know, what do you think? I think that's fair. Besides, not everyone here will be able to complete all of the tokens in the first place. *raises hand*
Old 01-3-2012, 05:48 PM   #175
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

I think it's best to stick with one number. Changing it up can cause confusion.

Old 01-3-2012, 05:51 PM   #176
UnkownMan
FFR Player

As time progressed, I mean. Kinda like how DDRMAX changed the unlock requirement from 5 songs to 10 songs after 100 songs were played. (Apologies for constantly bringing up DDR games, but it's good to use in discussions like this.) Maybe it's just my over-thinking mind, but some confusion would never hurt. It hasn't in the past when it came to FFR. (Gaussian Blur, anyone?).
Old 01-3-2012, 05:52 PM   #177
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quite honestly in the long run I think even 15 would be fine. It might be kind of slow to start, but people will join in. You have to realize there were 100+ tokens in the last thread. It will get bigger, guaranteed. You don't want a new person coming in and going hey, I just passed 50 of them, 11 tokens to make for me woo~!
Old 01-3-2012, 05:53 PM   #178
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

I think I'm going to make it a static increment, so it's "For every x tokens you unlock (excluding your own), you may create another pseudo skill token." with an infinite limit on the number of tokens any one user can make. I'd love to see this absolutely explode :P. I'd better make a tutorial on how to create your own token image as well so justin and I won't have to do all the graphics. The method I use requires no download and about a kindergartener's knowledge of image editing interface. Takes a good 10-15 minutes to churn one out tho.
+1
Old 01-3-2012, 05:54 PM   #179
UnkownMan
FFR Player

Well, would the "get 5/10, make another" apply to someone who hasn't made a token? I think that it should only apply to someone who has made a token and documents all of their achievements in the process (referring to the "I got 50 tokens" part.). I know that isn't fair, but then again, we wouldn't be getting spammed up the ass with those "I GOTZ 50 TOK3NS, HURP GONA MAEK 10 TOK3NS MESLYF" type people.

My apologies if I seem annoying with the constant questions. I'm just trying to help out and be a good member. I like this concept a lot, and I only want to be a part of the success I believe it will have.

Last edited by UnkownMan; 01-3-2012 at 06:03 PM..
Old 01-3-2012, 06:02 PM   #180
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I just feel like a new one every 10-15 would eliminate any problem every 5 might cause, and keep the number from exploding when people start adding easier ones. Like I said, the chance to make more means less impossible requirements and more reasonable ones, since you can always make a hard one later if you decide to. Quite honestly I like the -fun- ones the best, like Midi's and mine (when I get it up, though a lot of people won't like it lmao)