Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 06:23 AM   #1
TrueNewbie
FFR Player

Default DDR Pad - BNS Ultra DX-Xtreme Dance Pad

Hi. I am new to DDR type games and I would like to learn to play from home.

http://www.buynshop.com/productinfophp3/VG-DDR-ULTDX

Can I use this pad with my computer and Stepmania?

K THX
TrueNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
insaniburger
FFR Player

Yes it does but it's really not worth the money. Get this one instead.
http://www.buynshop.com/productinfophp3/VG-DDR-ULTPC
insaniburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 04:12 PM   #3
shonenryuukami
FFR Player

*drool, i so want one of those lol
Old 05-1-2003, 05:54 PM   #4
biosore
FFR Player

I'm about to get one myself tonite
biosore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2003, 08:25 PM   #5
Kashell
FFR Player

DJ jad is *#$ed up.

Oh...Wait...

Hi

If there is evil in this world, Surely it is in the heart of mankind.
Kashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2003, 04:40 PM   #6
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

remember the time he was drunk (SMASHED, really) and on the air? Pure hilarity.
Old 05-9-2003, 10:13 PM   #7
TrueNewbie
FFR Player

I guess it is a better deal for the NX.

I would have to pay 30 bucks shipping for the other pad anyway. Living in Hawaii has its ups and downs.

Thanks for your comments and advice.

By the way, is this pad (the NX) able to be modded? If so, how can I mod the pad so it will last longer or work better?

Lastly, what driver is necessary to use the pad for Windows XP? Do I just plug it in and install the driver?

K THX
Old 05-10-2003, 03:25 AM   #8
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

yea i had one of those... after normal usage and about 1 1/2 it broke... the right arrow stopped working....so i bought metal ones.... then those (yes i bought 2) broke after about 2 weeks (both of them) i need to learn soldering and electrical stuff to get them fixed....

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:51 PM   #9
insaniburger
FFR Player

The pad I showed can be modded and is very non-slip. If you go to the site with the pad I showed you, it should say this site. http://www.aldostools.com/dpad.html Hehe I just showed you it. Easier on you. Go there and get the psxpad. When you go to the psxpad site, click on english in the top left corner. Then browse around the forums and someone tells you how. (forgot post name sorry)
Old 05-21-2003, 11:05 PM   #10
TrueNewbie
FFR Player

Insaniburger: *EDIT* Oh... wait a second... where the hell is that adapter they advertise clearly in the description of their product? Really, where? WHERE IS THAT ADAPTER? BECAUSE I REALLY DON'T HAVE ONE IN THIS BOX. WAS I DUPED?

Eh... can you please tell me if
1. They didn't give it to me or (more likely)
2. I NEED TO ORDER IT SEPARATELY (WHICH THEY FAIL TO TELL YOU WHEN YOU'RE ORDERING THE DAMN THING)

K THX *with a vengence*
Old 05-24-2003, 09:06 PM   #11
insaniburger
FFR Player

Ok TrueNewbie, your username answers all. (No offense) GO TO THE SITE!!! Just click this!! http://www.aldostools.com/dpad.html
Old 05-25-2003, 03:32 AM   #12
TrueNewbie
FFR Player

Nonononono... you misunderstand. I understand the driver part just fine.

Isn't the adapter something you attach to the end of the controller? Like an extension cord except that the opening on one end is different from the other? So that the PS controller is adapted to fit into a parallel port?

Anyway, I thought i was supposed to get one of those attachments with the pad since it was, after all, "Pad with Adpater" on their website. If I'm not suppoed to, please correct me.

Because I didn't get the attachment "PC Adapter."

ARRG IF I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET AN ADAPTER THING I AM ANGRY. But if I am just wrong and that I was supposed to order the adapter separately please tell me.

K... ThX
Old 05-25-2003, 10:20 AM   #13
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

yesyuo are right truen00b.... if it didnt say it came with one then you wont get one... and yes you have to have it yo play on the comp with the pad..... i could post a link up buti forgot the website whre i got ine... its like... www.liksang.??? i dont know the ending and im not completely sure if the middle is right either... but... yea you havve to but one.. their like 15 dollars or so...

Old 05-25-2003, 09:24 PM   #14
insaniburger
FFR Player

Yah TrueNewbie, when you order it, it's supposed to come with the adapter, I got it. If you didn't, sue them or complain with evil cuss words in each one. Just kidding. You just got jipped.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:26 PM   #15
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

umm if it didnt say that he was supposed to get one then his might not of come with one...

Old 05-26-2003, 03:14 AM   #16
TrueNewbie
FFR Player

YAY THANK YOU FOR REPLYING INSANIBURGER! I KNEW I WAS SUPOSSED TO GET ONE AND WHEN IT DIDN'T COME IN THE BOX I WAS SO PISSED OFF....

I sent BuynShop a stern email on Thursday which they didn't reply to. I sent one on Saturday as well. I hope to get this all straightened out when they reply (hopefully on their business day Monday). Thanks for replying!!

Argh... I hope they don't make me pay shipping for their damned error.

*EDIT* as of 5/27: They are sending me the adapter. YaY

K THX!!
Old 06-18-2003, 01:38 AM   #17
TrueNewbie
FFR Player

Alright... double post but its been a while since the last one. My adapter arrived a week ago. Playing with feet is different and harder than with fingers, but I have gotten used to it and just today I passed some catas. Playing with fingers for a while really helped.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:42 PM   #18
soccer1001
FFR Player

ironically same thing happened to me but on another site. When they said i can choose a "free gift" it was either an extension cord or the adapter. i chose adapter but got the extension chord. i emailed em and they said they were sending me one.....im still waitin for it....

(hope it comes)
soccer1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 04:00 PM   #19
vegeta897
FFR Player

I hate mats, i have 2 myself and they suck, especially because i play on the carpet, oh well. im thinking of getting hard pads. but my mom says its a waist of money. I guess i should be glad with what i have though.
vegeta897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 03:13 PM   #20
Neurocistance
FFR Player

I don't think hard pads (meaning hard plastic with pressure buttons) are worth the money. I bought one, and my friend has the Red Octane Ignition 2.0 pads, which cost the same but I find are much easier to play on, especially when you get up into the 7, 8, 9, 10 foot songs. It's no problem at all if you plan on staying Trick forever... but eventually having to actually push down on the buttons makes it harder to pass. Now, of course, it does make it so when you go to the arcade and play the same songs you play at home, you beat them easier because you're used to having to push down on the buttons. Oh and on carpet I found that hard pads suck, they slide around more than the $20 pads and you have to press the buttons even harder due to the cushon of the carpet.

All in all, if I had to do it all over again, I'd get the Ignition Pads (or the equivalent) instead of a hard pad. This is all I can tell your from my experience, I've never used a metal pad.. but my friend's friend has this $300 metal pad (not sure wherefrom) and my friend says it's as good as the arcade and hasn't had any problems yet, and he's had it almost a year now, I think. I could find out who makes that one if you have $300 to spend.

In summary, because it's needed:

Hard Plastic Pads: Great on hard surfaces for basic and trick, gets difficult to pass maniac songs (I can still pass Afronova Primeval, Dynamite Rave, Japan, etc. but it takes getting used to). Carpet makes it even harder

Soft pad with foam insert, a la Ignition Pad: Great on hard surfaces and carpet, but tends to slide around a bit on both, could be fixed with some sort of something on the bottom. Great response and gameplay. Easy to store too.

Wow, I really didn't expect to write this much, I just wanted to say a quick thing about hard pads. Oh well.. I hope this helps.
Neurocistance is offline   Reply With Quote