hey guys how's it going
Old 01-9-2020, 08:37 PM   #102
MixMasterRacism
Banned

Default Re: Rap is technically music

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gazelle. View Post
Like I'm not even going to bother picking it apart that post was so bad
for the love of god please do I would love to see mixmasterlar's racist boomer tendencies get shit on by an Actual For Real Legit black dude lmao
Old 01-9-2020, 08:38 PM   #103
MixMasterRacism
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Oh thank God.
of course a petty ass triggered trumptard would post something like this
Old 01-9-2020, 08:39 PM   #104
MixMasterRacism
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
See what gets me is, huge swats of Rap is specifically targeted to Black Culture but when someone not that demographic doesn't understand the appeal it's becausethey don't know black people apparently.

Maybe it's just that people don't get what is specifically not made for them instead?

Although, the fact that mainstream rap makes this claim while traditionally having problematic issues with womanizing, gang violence and toxic tribe mentality probably doesn't help their case? Like if I was black I would probably be pissed that the genre made for my culture casually drops lines about picking up hoes and killing fuckers I don't agree with as the norm.

This doesn't represent the entirety of the genre (because of course not, I'm not stupid to think any musical genre is completely one note) but damn if it feels like that's what a good majority of it is and it's off putting to anyone who doesn't want to internalize that kind of content. No amount of positive examples you can link me could outnumber me giving you sever problematic ones that probably got more airtime (although if you want to be petty and play that out, it's gonna have to be later in the week)
you legitimately sound like the kinda person who's upset that they can't use the n-word to denigrate black people and try to justify it by saying that it doesn't mean black people it means ignorant people
Old 01-9-2020, 08:42 PM   #105
MixMasterRacism
Banned

need I remind a boomer like you that this kinda antimainstream puritanism has been on the wrong side of history for decades and decades. remember sex, drugs, and rock n roll? guaranteed you look back on the womanizing, the violence, and the toxic "tribe mentality" of mainstream rock in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and early 2000s with fondness. I guess you enjoy more conservative ethos, stuff more grounded in tradition, something more honorable? hmm, I wonder what kinda people are upset about the lack of those kinda things in mainstream art.

Last edited by MixMasterRacism; 01-9-2020 at 08:44 PM..
Old 01-9-2020, 08:44 PM   #106
MixMasterRacism
Banned

why is modern music just all entartete kunst? argh it makes me so mad!
Old 01-9-2020, 08:45 PM   #107
MixMasterRacism
Banned

I was gonna make an alt named RaceMixMasterLar but figured that it'd get lost in translation and then I thought of MixBoomerLar but I had already made this one
c'est la vie
Old 01-9-2020, 08:47 PM   #108
MixMasterRacism
Banned

ChudMasterLar's a good one too
Old 01-9-2020, 09:15 PM   #109
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

What I’ve learned from this thread is that some people, even in a rhythm game community, have a poor understanding of what music is. Other cultures understand and use music in different ways. Ethnomusicologists study these relationships and I can say - this isn’t even an issue. Of course it’s music. What you see is a rejection of the culture, and it says as much about the people trying to deny its status as music as it does about the people who perform and listen to rap.

Old 01-9-2020, 10:12 PM   #110
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
What I’ve learned from this thread is that some people, even in a rhythm game community, have a poor understanding of what music is. Other cultures understand and use music in different ways. Ethnomusicologists study these relationships and I can say - this isn’t even an issue. Of course it’s music. What you see is a rejection of the culture, and it says as much about the people trying to deny its status as music as it does about the people who perform and listen to rap.
This pretty much. Same thing applies to "art." Ask someone for a definition and you learn more about the person than you do about the word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 01-9-2020, 10:33 PM   #111
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

Thread is being locked by request of the OP.

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace
Closed Thread