Old 12-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #881
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXIV - Sounds Like You've got a Problem. - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
I'll ask this to everyone as well: Do you think it is still possible for SK to be in this game?

I'm deliberating setups right now (don't hate me rb) and I'd like people to pitch in cause if I can eliminate SK the setups get much easier to frame.

Basically, is it possible multiple kills were blocked/saved between these nights, or SK would save his night action?
the probability seems low unless we've got some rad doctor(s) and/or stacked kills
wolves and SK always kill every night since they don't know the full setup and doing a non-kill is really dumb without knowing what all is in play

don't spend too much time weaving setups pls
Old 12-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #882
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
My strongest townread is Wine, as I have explained, and I feel pretty similarly to him about the game, from his recent reads. Other than roundbox's read on you, I like roundbox, and I had a good first impression of MML that has not really changed. (I do feel that he thinks I could be mafia basically because I do not process the game exactly how he does, but I believe he believes it)

I am not actually sure if I am more comfortable with you than inD now. I kind of go back and forth? He feels more all over the place, but I feel you have more potential to be a smooth under pressure, than he does, I guess. I don't actually know if I feel any less, that one of you two could be a mafia, but I would feel very bad in being wrong about either of you, and so I would like to have more time.

I am kind of worried that Trevor is only really talking to and about a few people, and I think it could be a mafia tactic, to not give away information. But for some reason, I do not want to hang him as much as raeko?
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
I mean I guess for the scale, 0, because I believe him that he is not actually high. I am actually going to ben because I feel he is spending all of his time defending one person who is not going to get hanged (and himself), rather than trying to make an impact of any kind
Based on reading her posts, here's a rudimentary reads list:

TOWN:
Gradiant (assumed, but, lmfao you get it)
WNB (mindmeldy)
roundbox (everything but the sunfan read)
MML (sounding honest in his beliefs about the game)

Null/Trending around:
inDheart
sunfan

Scummy:
t-force
raeko
ben

This is her most recent posting of reads so I'd say that they're as accurate as can be in regards to her reads upon death. I'm cool with policy lynching one of the bottom three (the same I mentioned earlier. I wonder how she got to this conclusion??? :thonking
I don't feel the game is won voting out all three of them in a row, though. no way twg is this simple
Old 12-15-2017, 05:17 PM   #883
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i went and shoveled but it is still snowing and i need the feeling to come back to my fingers

idk why but they're doing the thing like they have blood loss even though i was wearing some nice gloves
Old 12-15-2017, 05:46 PM   #884
TWGma
FFR Player

Hi guys, I've been up since 4 AM with 3 hours of sleep because Star Wars is a thing and it's fuckin' awesome and I'm gonna catch up with the thread now.

PS. Thanks for killing star, wolves. That actually clears up a lot for me.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #885
TWGma
FFR Player

Quote:
Now that I thought about this though I'm a bit curious why T-Force seemed so convinced there were exactly 3 mafia.
Every C9++ I've played has had 3 wolves whether or not there was an SK.
Not gonna lie, I didn't even know there were setups without it.

Take it how you will.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:51 PM   #886
TWGma
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I can't fathom this is the case.

To believe this is to believe that wolves did not try shooting Gradiant (Which get most of you do) and I can't wrap my mind around that.
Actually, I can. Sunfan brings up a great point about vigis in regards to Town of Salem because, if you mis-shoot, you die the day after (ex. shoot on N1, live through D2, but you'll die D3 "to guilt") so it's absolutely a plausible scenario.

And maybe wolves don't feel that Gradiant is too much of a threat/rallying point to concern themselves over killing?
Old 12-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #887
TWGma
FFR Player

If I have to make a quick list on where I am, it would look probably something like this..

TOWN:
Gradiant
sunfan
inD
Lar
T-Force

NULL:
Wine
roundbox
Raeko

WOLFY:
Ben

Either way, the 3 R's scare me more than Reading, Writing, and 'rithmetic so seeing something out of them would be cool.

Wine is pretty neutral because I've seen him coast on a wolf game by still playing fairly even keeled (although that was helped by choof playing the wolf game of his life).

Reuben is the one I'm easily the most wary of because I saw a lot of these same tactics in the 2nd coming of jTWG where he rolled wolf an unfortunate number of times (Flash Squadron, the Harry Potter game.. Hell, iirc, he had a streak of at least 3 straight), and they all contained similar styles: not really confronting anyone, but making a lot of analytical summary posts to make it look like he's keeping up and contributing, but adding nothing of flavour.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:58 PM   #888
TWGma
FFR Player

I'm also low on the town list because I have played like shit because, not gonna lie, my heart wasn't really into this for the first couple days.
But now it's the weekend, Star Wars is awesome, and the biggest hurdle I put in front of myself on D1 is gone and it's made this game a fair bit easier for me.

Knock on wood.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:21 PM   #889
the sun fan
FFR Player

I kinda like the vibe you gave off in those posts, Trevor

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:21 PM   #890
the sun fan
FFR Player

I need some of that

Old 12-15-2017, 06:38 PM   #891
TWGma
FFR Player

Sunfan, do you have any thoughts re: Raeko, Reuben, and/or Roundbox by any chance?
Maybe Wabby too.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #892
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWGma View Post
Sunfan, do you have any thoughts re: Raeko, Reuben, and/or Roundbox by any chance?
Maybe Wabby too.
I will do a read through of the thread tomorrow and give a read on everyone

just not tonight

if you want hottakes I'll give em though

Old 12-15-2017, 06:55 PM   #893
TWGma
FFR Player

With all due respect, I think I'm done with hot takes for a while, haha
Old 12-15-2017, 07:25 PM   #894
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
With all due respect, I think I'm done with hot takes for a while, haha
hahahaha

Old 12-15-2017, 08:25 PM   #895
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
And what have you done?
Was grilling SunFan last I was here which already puts me above half the players here in content, yourself included.

I think I've been pretty proactive the entire game actually, starting on when I asked you to be as present as you could be as IC (haha was I naive) through now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
hot take: lar is on the wolf team going with the flow of his teammates and intentionally not killing the IC to make lar look towny
I mean, I have done that before with an outed doctor, but that was with the hopes that town would turn on him lol.

No but seriously how does not killing IC make me look better thats fucking stupid and now you're just trying to find a reason to throw shade over here. Do some work instead.

Actually here Roundbox if this is the quality grade I can expect from you we might as well get my vote out of the way.

Quote:
why do you like wnb over the other voters on blind?
Other votes on Blind look bad because of serious like of apparent effort.

Quote:

btw last night's lynch marks the second night of raeko, t-force, and ben not voting
I would be fine with a policy in these three but I'm gonna look through star's posts while I have time
D2 is not the day for policies IMO

Quote:
I'm not trying to make you repeat yourself, I think your view is built on a shaky foundation. Why do you think vigi should shoot night 1? Look at the EOD and the vote tally. Also, remember that Manti was the vigi in the night, and star literally replaced into the night phase.
Because for Vigi not to shoot the first night that means wolves did not go for IC and I do not buy into that. I get you do, others do, whatever; I do not.

Star replacing in night phase means jack all as night phase is 24 hours and I saw her in the thread throughout the phase while I was re-reading. She had plenty of time to send in a kill. Hell, depending on how much she was town reading me she might have very well picked FG because of my scumlean/vote

Quote:
The other thing I'm not getting is why you INSIST it MUST be a vigi kill. Can there not be a SK in the game? Are you trying to detract from this possibility?
Nope, I'm not. Just that it boils down to same difference
Like I think of the possiblity of Vigi and use it as the term for second killing power. Of course it could be an SK, but honestly in my hypothetical here said killing power shot someone who was getting voted (in a EoD where the lynched got killed off of 2 votes, that means something) and I think Vigi would make the call that a potential wolf needed to go first.

I mean I've seen SK do that too (I have myself as SK) but a town aligned Vigi is probably the safer bet.

Do you think we have both Sk and One Shot Vigi in the game? I guess C9+++ does get role heavy but that seems like alot of night killing going on.

Quote:
So back to 751 with blind. Iso-ing the posts after this I can agree with the logic, but I feel it's an "easy" target you know? I'm ofc being a bit hypocritical here since I leaned in on blind too but I didn't really see any posts that suggested he wanted to consider somebody else after this. There's no solving, barely any hesitation (801 is arguable but not convincing) despite blind being universally shunned.

I'll take heat for my own progression on blind but I hope someone else sees this progression as suspicious. For now, sunfan gets my vote.
I'll add that after SunFan is the one who brought up DADV/Pile-up he sure was ok with Blind getting piled on there at the end.

I mean in a way I guess we all where but since he is the one who lamented d0 because of it, you'd think he's be that much more uneasy at repeating.

Quote:
This is her most recent posting of reads so I'd say that they're as accurate as can be in regards to her reads upon death. I'm cool with policy lynching one of the bottom three (the same I mentioned earlier. I wonder how she got to this conclusion??? :thonking
I don't feel the game is won voting out all three of them in a row, though. no way twg is this simple
So your reasons for this pool is A - They haven't voted and B - Star didn't like them?

I feel even with the extra policy reason that's putting a lot of faith in Star's ability to read people she normally does not play with. All I know is how accurate her read on me is and while that's great it isn't like she had to fight people over reading me as town either.

Quote:
PS. Thanks for killing star, wolves. That actually clears up a lot for me.
I feel like there's always one of these posts every game where I look at it and think
EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 12-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #896
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Other votes on Blind look bad because of serious like of apparent effort.
Lack

I typed Lack.

Stupid technologies.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:10 PM   #897
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I don't feel like quoting your post because I hate it lar
I picked those three for policy reasons because they haven't voted, not because star picked them
I only said I was ok with that lynch happening, not that I was voting among those three
If you're going to accuse me of sheeping a dead player and going only for non voters then your evaluation of me is fucked

D2 is fine for policy if we have no better candidate

The only reason I made the hot take on you is because you're overemphasizing the night kill possibilities and I see no other reason for it than to create narratives to obfuscate us and relieve yourself of some suspicion because you're never a part of those worlds
Old 12-15-2017, 10:10 PM   #898
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
If you're going to accuse me of sheeping a dead player and going only for non voters then your evaluation of me is fucked
The give me something else because that's the summery of your day right there, pal.

Your hot take follows no logical reasoning and your explanation of why you made it makes little sense; oh I'm trying to like confuse you with mechanical possibilities of the game? That'll...do something I fucking guess? Like what?

If you wanna come at me then put in some work first and come at me this is sad.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:22 PM   #899
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Also I want to give a loving fuck you to InD for influencing my work

Old 12-16-2017, 08:01 AM   #900
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

GRADIANT HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH XELNYA

Also, they are pardoned the burden of posting 5, but THEY SHOULD POST AT LEAST 3 POSTS THIS PHASE OR FACE THE RULES APPLIED POST #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 12-16-2017 at 08:03 AM..
Closed Thread