Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #81
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman
Default Re: TWG 30 - Objection!

alright guys chill out. I am rereading as promised. the biggest clue is obviously that pm (if it's genuine). I replied to them but they didn't message me back . And based on sheer gut right now and this pm business and the chats, my top three in terms of suspicion would be afro chardish and tps. Which probably means they're all human.

ANYWAY

back to rereading.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #82
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Okay, I've got to skip off to dinner, but I'm leaning mostly toward blah for the wolf category. A little more so than chardish. I'd make a longer post, but my friend's waiting.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:21 PM   #83
User6773

Though part of me is tempted to throw a safety vote on blah to help make sure I don't go today, my gut's really leaning towards LD for being the prosecutor.

1) I got a PM (and apparently, so did most other people) from a guy called "FROMTHEPROSECUTOR." Most distinctive about his writing style was the fact that he used commas where semicolons or hyphens should go - that is, he joined together two sentences using commas. That seems to be something that LD has a tendency to do. A lot. Also, no offense to LD, but it looks like it was written by someone with a less than stellar grasp on grammar.

Aside: I've been told that people have gotten a PM from a guy called "FROMTHEWOLVES." I didn't get one. Can someone send it my way?

2) LD has a tendency to not post at all when he's a special role, especially one that requires him to keep to himself (like the guardian.) LD's been online a lot but hasn't posted at all.

3) I don't have any good wolf leads. Too early to tell when everyone's just talking strategy, and I'm not going to rush to vote for someone for coming up with a strategy that doesn't hold water.

Honestly, though, I don't see how I have two votes on me when I've made a grand total of two (2) posts in this entire thread.

BTW, in response to Kefit: The wolves only need to get 1 witness, really - preferably on the second day holding, because then the prosecutor missed out on a witness call for one night. The prosecutor calls a green Night 4 (I believe), and if nobody but humans have been lynched since then, it's a wolf team victory.

Though suggesting that the witnesses come out wasn't a sound idea. As I said, it came to me while I was typing the post.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:32 PM   #84
nickadeemus
The spice must flow.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nickadeemus Send a message via MSN to nickadeemus Send a message via Skype™ to nickadeemus

I'm going to vote hans for a safety (and because he hasn't said anything) until I can clear my mind. Something came up today that is potentially life changing and I've been pretty preoccupied thinking about it, and am having a hard time concentrating on these thoughts.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:44 PM   #85
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

nforcer's Guide To ZOMG 10 MINUTES:

LD (2) - TPS, chardish
Chardish (2) - Kefit, blah
nick (1) - iggy
blah (3) - mattc16, Yu, Guido
TPS (1) - Kilga
Kilga (1) - talisman
talisman (1) - Afro
Hans (1) - Nick

Left to vote: wilkin, Hans, LD

Less than 10 minutes left. C'mon, kiddies, let's be phantom-free! It's good for you!

Fish will be Yu for the rest of the game.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 04-20-2006, 08:47 PM   #86
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Chardish

@TPS: Uhh, just because I'm busy as hell, doesn't make me a good wolf, nor does it make me a wolf.

@Chardish: Uhh, stop over analyzing your cryptic messages that you yourself wrote. I was at work when those were sent, clearing me thanks.

PS: Hi!
Old 04-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #87
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Sorry guys I've been kinda busy and completely forgot about this. I read the first few pages and that's it. Chardish

I'll try and explain tomorrow but it's getting late.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #88
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

(9:53:31 PM) crevelkid: aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
(9:54:20 PM) crevelkid: votevotevote
(9:55:50 PM) Jay: I just did
(9:56:26 PM) Jay: check this out
(9:56:35 PM) Jay: ok, both messages were sent at 2:05 and 3:07 today
(9:56:43 PM) Jay: what is your gmail address?
(9:56:56 PM) crevelkid: nickadeemus
(9:57:15 PM) Jay: You can now see my Google Calendar
(9:57:27 PM) Jay: http://www.google.com/calendar/render?pli=1
(9:57:30 PM) Jay: I worked today, from 2-6
(9:57:56 PM) Jay: so there is only one prosecuter right?
(9:58:04 PM) crevelkid: yeah
(9:58:09 PM) Jay: and chardish is accusing me of being him?
(9:58:17 PM) Jay: impossible, I was at work, and there is no one else to send the reply
(9:58:18 PM) Jay: winnar
Old 04-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #89
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

nforcer's Guide To THE WIRE:

LD (2) - TPS, chardish
Chardish (4) - Kefit, blah, Hans, LD
nick (1) - iggy
blah (3) - mattc16, Yu, Guido
TPS (1) - Kilga
Kilga (1) - talisman
talisman (1) - Afro
Hans (1) - Nick

Left to vote: wilkin

1 minute? Wilkin?

Quote:
Old 04-20-2006, 08:52 PM   #90
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Day over. Chardish is lynched. Wilkin fails and gets a phantom. Loser. Story soon.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #91
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

April 18, 3:02 PM
City Streets

"Gee, Nick, we've been searching and interrogating for hours, and still nothing. All we have is Tasselfoot's autopsy report. It didn't tell us anything we didn't already know."

"I know. I don't think we can go much more without anything else breaking. I mean, we've asked twelve people, searched the area where the body was found... nothing. There's nothing to go on."

"It's just like I told you earlier this morning, Nick. We don't have anybody to defend. There's really no reason to investigate. We're not involved yet."

"Well, I'm not ready to give up. There will be a suspect eventually. I just need to make sure I'm prepared..."

"Hmm hmm hmm... Phoenix Wright, carrying out his foolish investigations as usual."

"Wha? Oh... it's you."

Miles Edgeworth, a prominent Prosecutor with the state, had just shown up behind Phoenix. Known for his tactics (often underhanded) to get a guilty verdict, his sense of justice came down to the narrow-minded though that every suspect is guilty. He carried an arrogant air about him, as usual. He had acheived fame for winning many cases, after all. Edgeworth's ego was about as inflated as any law official's could be.

"I don't even know why you bother, Wright. In fact, you're looking in the wrong place. There's no evidence here."

"Well, where do you suppose I look, Edgeworth? The murder happened right here."

"On the contrary, Wright... you're quite wrong. A murder happened late during the night. Or, early in the morning, depending how you look at it. The victim's name was chardish , I believe. Stabbed five times in the back, twice in the throat. One of the worst they've seen at the department, I think."

"What? Where?"

"About five miles north of here, on the same road. He was found on the sidewalk, and this tends to be quite the busy street. The murderer had to be pretty stupid to do such a thing... we already have a suspect in custody."

"Wait, wasn't it here? There wasn't a suspect! Don't you mean the victim was... OWW!"

Maya had given Phoenix a quick, discreet stomp on the left foot. She then grabbed Phoenix by the arm and dragged him away from Edgeworth. After they were several yards away, Edgeworth yelled to them...

"Don't bother trying to defend the suspect in this case Wright! He's doomed! Not a chance!"

Phoenix still seemed bewildered by the whole episode. What had happened? Why was there suddenly a suspect when there had been no leads? Why did the murder suddenly happen somewhere miles away from where he was told it had occurred? And wasn't the victim Tasselfoot, not chardish?

"Maya! Why..."

"I had to, Nick. He obviously didn't know about Tasselfoot's murder."

"But he said it was chardish. It was the exact same circumstance. Maybe Gumshoe was wrong."

"Something funny's going on, Nick. We already have Tasselfoot's autopsy report. They can't be the same murder. It's obvious, Nick. Did you get enough sleep?"

"I guess not. That last case was pretty taxing...."

"Well, in any case, Gumshoe should be able to tell us more about that suspect and this other murder. Let's get to the police station. Who knows, Nick? Maybe the fact that Edgeworth doesn't know about Tasselfoot will be enough to defend this suspect!"

"Maybe... oh, hey! See, Maya? I told you we'd get involved in this case!"

"Ah, be quiet."

The murderers need to send me a little somethin' somethin'.

Any of those of Phoenix, Maya, and Edgeworth that are still alive have to give me a special somethin' too. But don't if you're dead. Unless they're cinnamon rolls. I've got a hunger for cinnamon rolls right now...

Make sure you get those somethin's to me by 10:00 PM CDT on Friday, or you'll fail like Wilkin.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #92
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

April 18, 3:21 PM
Police Department - Criminal Affairs

Phoenix walked into the police department for the second day, with Maya close by his side. Upon entering, they did not see Detective Gumshoe as they expected, but there was a cluster of police officers in one corner of the room, who seemed to be struggling with something (or someone)....

"I tell ya, Dracula! *hic* I'm not drunk! *hic* I just had twelve beer-flavored jellybeans! Ask the banana, it'll tell you everything!"

A banana flew from somewhere inside the police officer cluster, and landed at Phoenix's feet.

"What the... a banana?"

"...okay, buddy. You've already been charged with a DUI, driving on a suspended license, and fleeing from police. Do you want any more charges... your name is matt, right?"

"No! *hic* I said I'm Bob Saget, damnit! Let me go!"

"Okay, buddy. That's enough from you. Off to the slammer you go."

The officer that uttered those words cuffed "Bob Saget" and shuffled him off to the cells. Phoenix, still as bewildered as ever, stood there with a blank look on his face. That is, until he heard a familiar voice...

"Hey, pal! Back again I see! Sorry about the disturbance...."

"Err... that's okay, Detective Gumshoe. Um, I just ran into Edgeworth, and he said someone by the name of chardish had been murdered. Can you tell us about that?"

"Oh, yeah! A report came in just after you left this morning. Another murder took place, same circumstances as Tasselfoot. Stabbed five times in the back, twice in the throat, on the same road. It happened right around midnight, too, just like Tasselfoot. The only difference this time is, we have a suspect."

"Yes, I do believe Edgeworth said something about that. Can you tell us who it is?"

"Of course! It's Colonel Fragson. He was a brilliant marksman, best on the force. He was on the force for quite a long time. He became famous after putting down the cross-town Hobo Wars about five years ago. But, he seemed quite uneasy after the whole ordeal, and he quit. Some say he went crazy in the head, others say he was just worn out. But, it seems that he finally snapped and took it out on someone. His favorite gun was found on the scene. Such a careless mistake on his part."

"That's odd. Do you think he's responsible, Gumshoe?"

"To tell you the truth, pal, I can't see the Colonel doing something like that. Of course, I always had profound respect for him, so I'm a bit biased on that angle."

"Thanks a lot, Gumshoe. Say, would I be able to talk to him?"

"Sorry, pal. Visitation's closed for today. Why would you need to talk to him, anyway?"

"I'm going to defend him, of course! Something about this doesn't seem right to me, but I need to talk to him to make sure."

"Oh. Well, you can always come back tomorrow. Visitation will be open at 10AM sharp."

"Thanks, Gumshoe. We'll talk to you later."

Phoenix and Maya walked out of the station, and headed back to Wright & Co. Law Offices. Phoenix had new purpose now. He was ready to take on a new case, against his primarily rival Edgeworth, no less. But, would he really be able to defend this man? Was he responsible for the murders, or was he really innocent? Little does Phoenix know that he's in for the case of his life....

It is now Day 2. Bob Saget succumbed to alcohol poisoning shortly after arriving in his cell. That's right, matt's dead.

I got a bit lazy with my story, so to advance it, murders, lynches, and whatever will occur indiscriminately within the story. Obviously, chardish didn't die during the night... he was lynched. That doesn't follow with the story. It's there for entertainment now, not necessarily to follow game events. Savvy?

iggymatrixcounter (Iggy911Mc)
Kilgamayan (bjstrattonim)
mattc16 (mattc16mcfc)
blahblah18 (mastr414)
Kefit (Kefit42)
chardish (This Is Chardish)
GuidoHunter (ElSoyokaze)
Wilkin (Wilkini Evili) - phantom'd ONCE
talisman (stressreliefball)
YuYuRevolution (insanelikeafish)
Tasselfoot (Tasselfoot)
HansSky (notsofaroff)
Afrobean (Afrobean16)
nickadeemus (crevelkid)
Tps222 (Tps7910)
lightdarkness (lightdarkness42)

The day ends at 9 PM CDT on Sunday. That's April 23rd, in a time zone represented by GMT -6:00. Wilkin failed last time. Don't let it happen to you.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #93
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Well, if THAT'S not the wolves going after witnesses, I don't know what is...

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:25 PM   #94
mattc16
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mattc16 Send a message via MSN to mattc16

Damnit, i seem to be dead. good luck humans

Click for great online poker rakeback offers!
Old 04-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #95
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Okay, now that I have some time, I'm actually surprised to see matt die if the wolves were going after witness targets (if someone wants to give an alternative reason for the kill, be my guest, but I'm running with this at the moment). Why not matt? Because there's a better pick: Wilkin. Why? His phantom, of course. Wolves love keeping people with phantoms around, so what better protection for a witness?

Now, I think last game (or two games ago?) was the first where humans were actively lynching people with phantoms, so that's not a common occurrence, but maybe the wolves were counting on that (or maybe waiting until night 3). It's also possible that they were just trying to outthink the prosecutor, but I think that with these endless cycles of reverse psychology, the prosecutor might just be going the most logical route and hoping that the other groups think around him.

I'm not too sure, but if we want to pay any attention to witnesses, I'd say keep an eye on Wilkin.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2006, 05:27 PM   #96
talisman
Resident Penguin

k coupla things that need to be cleared up (aside from the matt thing)

-hans' justification for voting chardish.

-who made the fromthewoIves (note the I) account? my suggestion... go to iggy. Be like "I made this account" and then send a pm from both accounts (yours and woIves) confirming this. Because if the wolves really did make the "fromthewolves" account, then whoever made the "fromthewoIves" is probably human. But only probably, and yet it would be a good thing for iggy to know.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #97
talisman
Resident Penguin

and here's something else that might be worth reading:

Tps7910 (6:01:46 PM): Did TWG start yet?
stressreliefball (6:01:49 PM): yeah
Tps7910 (6:01:53 PM): Who ded?
stressreliefball (6:01:55 PM): matt died
stressreliefball (6:02:00 PM): ps I saw you watching the thread
stressreliefball (6:02:03 PM): earlier
stressreliefball (6:02:14 PM): like after day broke
Tps7910 (6:02:17 PM): Really?
stressreliefball (6:02:26 PM): yeah I'm pretty sure
Tps7910 (6:02:36 PM): My bro was on earlier
Tps7910 (6:02:43 PM): Like, a couple of hours ago
stressreliefball (6:02:57 PM): this was within an hour
Tps7910 (6:03:00 PM): I stay logged in all the time, he was probably just browsing or something
Tps7910 (6:03:09 PM): Ah.
Tps7910 (6:03:14 PM): I don't know then.
Tps7910 (6:03:43 PM): Maybe I was just testing you
stressreliefball (6:03:49 PM): what?
Tps7910 (6:04:24 PM): To see if you were paying attention
Tps7910 (6:04:34 PM): Looking for slipups
stressreliefball (6:04:39 PM): uh... what?
stressreliefball (6:04:45 PM): that's retarded dude
Tps7910 (6:05:16 PM): Is it?
stressreliefball (6:05:24 PM): uh yeah
Tps7910 (6:05:28 PM): How so?
stressreliefball (6:05:31 PM): you were testing to see if I'd seen you browsing?
stressreliefball (6:05:32 PM): wtf
Tps7910 (6:05:35 PM): What if you said someone else.
Tps7910 (6:05:42 PM): I'm talking about who died.
Tps7910 (6:05:47 PM): What if you said someone else.
stressreliefball (6:05:51 PM): what do you mean?
Tps7910 (6:05:58 PM): Like, I know matt died.
stressreliefball (6:05:59 PM): why would I say someone else?
Tps7910 (6:06:03 PM): Wolf slip
Tps7910 (6:06:06 PM): plans for next kill
Tps7910 (6:06:07 PM): anything
stressreliefball (6:06:35 PM): right
stressreliefball (6:06:44 PM): are you saying that's what you were doing?
Tps7910 (6:06:51 PM): Yes.
stressreliefball (6:06:55 PM): because earlier you said that's what you "might" have been doing
Tps7910 (6:06:58 PM): Why else would I do that?
Tps7910 (6:07:04 PM): It was furthering of the test.
stressreliefball (6:07:08 PM): I don't know why else
Tps7910 (6:07:15 PM): You're making it seem like I'm lying out my ass.
stressreliefball (6:07:33 PM): well I dunno, it seems like a silly test
Tps7910 (6:10:31 PM): Not if you slipped up.
Tps7910 (6:10:34 PM): No loss all gain.
Tps7910 (6:10:37 PM): My kind of risk.
stressreliefball (6:10:51 PM): right...
Old 04-21-2006, 06:05 PM   #98
talisman
Resident Penguin

update, the truth comes out:

stressreliefball (6:11:35 PM): you'll forgive me if it seems to me like you pulled all that **** out of your ass
Tps7910 (6:12:37 PM): Well, I did, kind of.
Tps7910 (6:12:46 PM): I just wanted to bring up current conversation.
Tps7910 (6:12:52 PM): So I felt that was a good way to do it.
stressreliefball (6:13:03 PM): haha ok
Tps7910 (6:13:06 PM): I panicked and BS'd my way out of it.
Tps7910 (6:13:16 PM): I'm a pretty bad liar.
stressreliefball (6:13:18 PM): no need to pretend like you hadn't seen the thread yet though
Old 04-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #99
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

lol dang I have received SOOOOO many PMs this game. I think so far I've collected about 50 just for this game.

Course I've sent a million too but 50 is about how many I've received.

And let's try to get some discussion out there guys.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:12 AM   #100
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

Okay, let's talk about a couple of things:

1) My phantom. Oops. From the moment I learned what they were, I never intended to get one. Last night I was with a classmate working on a Japanese project, and between the lack of computer and taking dreadfully long, I missed the deadline. I didn't even realize it until Hans sent me a text message saying something along the lines of "twg = phantom for you lolz." I promptly sent him one back reading "CRAP." I got back to my computer about an hour later only to realize that I had missed forty posts in my absence.

2) My actual feelings by the end of Day 1. The whole Chardish idea seemed very rushed, especially since several points wavered between lynching him for being a wolf or witness. One major concern I had about this game was my lack of experience with Kefit, Chardish, LD, etc. Thus, I can't completely understand everyone's reasoning for the Chardish lynch beyond gut feelings and analysis of his two posts. Were I around and active to make my vote last night, chances were it would have been a safety vote, as I had no real strong inclinations even while rereading the thread after the day had ended.

3) Guido's last post. After thinking about it, It wouldn't be profitable for the wolves to give up a possible witness just to have a phantom in the humans. The reverse-reverse-reverse-whatever psychology aside, I think my eligibility as a witness has greatly diminished, seeing as how my survival record for after Night 2 is 0/2. Also, the wolves are just as concerned about the Prosecution as we are, if not more, as they have a much easier way to decide a kill, and thus more pressure to make the correct decision. While I know the phantom can work against the humans in the later days, those later days can only come if we worry about the Prosecution/wolves now. My phantom won't even matter if the Prosecution manages to dodge its possible two witnesses by now through three more deaths by Night 4.

4) Hans. He wrote that he would explain his voting on Chardish the next day, yet he hasn't posted. I know for a fact that he will be gone for most of the weekend (until Sunday afternoon/early evening), and would think that since there was probably a little under two hours between the start of Day 2 and his departure, that he would have made a post. I'm not sure what exactly I take from this, be it wolf, Prosecutor, witness, or laziness, but it does leave a rather ambiguous hole if he comes up in discussion.

5) The night's kill. First Tass, and now matt. I hardly noticed his presence at all, which would make him a perfect candidate for the Prosecutor's pick, and thus the wolves' also. If this is indeed the reasoning, then it may be safe to assume that the wolves are afraid enough of the Prosecution to be continuing on this conspicuous pattern of kills. While my phantom gives them a bonus for the future, the humans aren't their biggest priority at the moment, which may leave room for interpretation - mainly, who would be this cautious. While I'm sure most people would do the same thing (going for witnesses) were they in the same position, a major part of figuring out any of the humans' enemies is trying to find out who's getting into the head of whom. The wolves want to think like the Prosecutor while the Prosecutor wants to think like the wolves thinking like the Prosecutor. While that doesn't give much reasoning to call anyone out at the moment, some discussion could be put around it to stir up any feelings toward someone who might work like this.

If another chat occurs sometime on Sunday, I'll be availabe from 1 - 7 EST, especially since I missed the last one. I'll be able to be very active, and want to put some of these ideas into more discussion.
Closed Thread