Old 10-30-2011, 01:04 AM   #1401
Emithith
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Suggestion once again!

There are a number of random thoughts on my profile that I'd like to preserve, but do not want at the top of my wall of thoughts. Is it possible to move random thoughts up or down other random thoughts?
I'd like to keep some thoughts for my own records, but they're currently irrelevant - so I'd like to shift them down (or hide them) to reflect which thoughts are of higher priority for others to see.

Currently, the only way to "shift" any thought is to delete another, and everything else moves up one.

To summarize, manually organizing the placement of your random thoughts would be VERY helpful.
YES
THIS.
I was gonna suggest the ability to move around the features (Like Random Thoughts can be moved down, and comment wall can be moved to go on the left side, etc etc.)
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:12 AM   #1402
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
Heuh heuh, can't wait until token payouts. $_$

I don't think many people have said this yet, but thank you both kayla and velocity for making this event possible!!
I had so much fun doing this. combined with a bit (a lot) of frustration :3
*whispers* psss....wrong thread hehu :3

| irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |
Ziergdsx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2011, 02:31 PM   #1403
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Along with my idea for full site custom themes for variation, I think we should have an ongoing tournaments sidebar.

This could go below the Profile Chat bar, and it would display either name, or a shortened banner of some sort clearly depicting that specific tournament.

This way people won't forget about their tournaments, it's a nice addition, and, well, the left sidebar still isn't quite full yet.

Also, maybe try allowing the ability to have tourney hosts set up automated warning messages show up when you have, say 24hrs left in a round? Sort of like the automated poll close option, except it would send out a message to all players in that specific tourney. (Host can list all names in a "recipants" box, like with PMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2011, 03:23 PM   #1404
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Suggestion : change up the captcha, so that those profile bots can't get in ;-;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2011, 03:25 PM   #1405
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOSHl View Post
Suggestion : change up the captcha, so that those profile bots can't get in ;-;
The profile bots are annoying but I'm not sure how much we can change to make a major difference. The mods delete bots as they see them though, and they keep track. If you see one, make sure to PM a mod or report the user, and it'll be dealt with.
Old 11-3-2011, 03:52 PM   #1406
Emithith
FFR Player

They're really funny and it takes like 3s to delete their comment. *shrug*
But I think the forums needs a facelift of sorts.

edit:
How about instead of it loading the levelranks every time you pull up the main menu (this is what you said in response to sorting by highest/lowest rank) you make it so there is a "Sync" button that synchronizes the Level Ranks to the game in order to sort the songs by rank. If the Sync button hasn't been pressed make it do nothing. (Or even have a message box pop up saying "Sync button has not been pressed!")

edit2: Also, how about a line at the bottom of the levalranks page that adds up the total for each column
example:(Score P G A M B C Played
3,900,000,000 324843 149045 84583 18280 483759 4030)

Last edited by Emithith; 11-5-2011 at 02:27 AM..
Old 11-6-2011, 05:41 PM   #1407
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

A mod to turn on that ... slapping sound ... that plays whenever you hit an arrow.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 06:05 PM   #1408
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

assist tick?
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-6-2011, 06:35 PM   #1409
XCV
has nice tits
FFR Veteran

When you don't beat your PR on Velo's engine, keep the new rank from temporarily overwriting your old one.
Old 11-7-2011, 07:40 AM   #1410
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Maybe have collaborated files appear on your profile (acknowledging the other person) along with your stepped songs?
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2011, 10:04 AM   #1411
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

That's only been mentioned a thousand times you crazy azn. ;P

It'd be cool but I've kinda lost hope on them figuring out how to do that. Perhaps they could be manually added?
I came up with a list of collab files.

Code:
1340	Misc	        Twilight Jewel	                        OSTER Project	                    behanjc & stargroup100
1201	Dance 2         3020	                                DJS vs KgZ	                    bluguerrilla & coolboyrulez0	
1311	Secret	        Red Wings Over Baron	                Powerglove	                    bluguerrilla & HighAndr0id
1115	Misc	        Integraation	                        Venetian Snares	                    bluguerrilla & SulferDragon
1393	Secret	        Puzzle	                                Paraoka	                            bmah & leonid
1103	Misc	        WAIWAI230	                        Paraoka	                            bmah & Rebirth0
1433	Arcade	        Gene Gadget Zone - Act 1	        Richard Jacques	                    bmah & TC_Cyrenics
707	Misc	        Choprite	                        Venetian Snares	                    Brilliant Dynamite Neon & angelheadedhpst
702	Misc	        Chlorophyll	                        Venetian Snares	                    Brilliant Dynamite Neon & gnr61
604	Misc	        Epidermis	                        Venetian Snares	                    Brilliant Dynamite Neon & justaguy
333	Skill Token	Tribal Style	                        KaW	                            Brilliant Dynamite Neon & shortysnmn2010
385	Skill Token	PLANETZ	                                DJ Sharpnel	                    Brilliant Dynamite Neon & skorpion9x
465	Dance 2	        None Would Escape	                Nosrac	                            Brilliant Dynamite Neon & TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons
389	Skill Token	Luna Marionette	                        AKHT	                            Brilliant Dynamite Neon & Zaghurim
1210	Dance	        Lady's Cake	                        DarkbearX	                    DarkbearX & HammyMcSquirrel
1423	Secret	        Grocery Escape Plan	                Psychostick	                    dore & bluguerilla
1287	Rock	        Blindfolds Aside	                Protest The Hero	            dore & Brilliant Dynamite Neon
1542	Rock	        Toxic	                                A Static Lullaby	            DossarLX ODI & qqwref
1535	Purchased	mutant corecore	                        Padlock	                            DossarLX ODI & t-rogdor
716	Rock	        Devotion and Desire	                Bayside	                            DrugstoreCowboy & bluguerrilla
784	Rock	        Build God, Then We'll Talk [Heavy]	Panic! At the Disco	            DrugstoreCowboy & bluguerrilla
936	Rock	        Eradication	                        All Shall Perish	            ElectricWerewolf & bluguerrilla
1341	Skill Token	Big Blue v2	                        S.S.H.	                            hi19hi19 & Shashakiro
1127	Misc	        Here's To Life [Oni]	                Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution  Kailure, DrugstoreCowboy, & bluguerrilla
1217	Misc	        Church Bells	                        Xi	                            Kinx & HighAndr0id
1403	Skill Token	Marisa Stole the Precious Thing	        IOSYS OS	                    Kinx & jimerax
1266	Misc	        Bus Rides With People	                Wisp	                            kommisar & Bluguerrilla
334	Skill Token	Battle Ax	                        Onoken	                            macgravel & Exag0n
1523	Classical	Papyrus's Adventure	                ORANGENTLE	                    Niala & bmah
288	Dance	        DT Rabbit Blood Festival	        DJ Sharpnel	                    pokelda & Cyanite
1424	Hip-Hop	        I Remember When	                        Lisa Lavie	                    psychoangel691 & TC_Halogen
1386	Misc	        Skeletor	                        Bong-Ra	                            Psychozerosk8er & bluguerrilla
305	Token	        Bike Thief (Tubeway Remix)	        Freezepop	                    Rebirth0 & Vote4Nixon
1374	Rock	        Bury the Hatchet	                Protest the Hero	            samurai7694 & Coolboyrulez0
1514	Dance 2	        Interlude	                        Attack Attack!	                    samurai7694 & qqwref
986	Token	        Sicilian Sun	                        OSTER Project	                    scottish & jimerax
909	Misc	        101 Kittens	                        Cranky	                            Stargroup100 & bmah
414	Secret	        Mute City Remix	                        KgZ	                            SulferDragon & Brilliant Dynamite Neon
1440	Rock	        Thrash the Plank	                SnappleMan                          T-Force & Niala
1449	Dance 2	        A Quick Death	                        Kkrusty	                            who_cares973 & Coolboyrulez0
1413	Dance 2	        R/\IN	                                t+pazolite	                    _.Spitfire._ & bluguerrilla
Alignment is a bitch.

Last edited by justin_ator; 11-7-2011 at 06:04 PM..
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2011, 10:08 AM   #1412
Emo_Saur_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Emo_Saur_

a 'resubmit' button just so in case your song doesn't record you can just do it right there instead of it manually being added.
Old 11-7-2011, 10:42 AM   #1413
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ View Post
a 'resubmit' button just so in case your song doesn't record you can just do it right there instead of it manually being added.
This would be nicer than having a bunch of avgs instead of say 11-0-0-1 on a song.. +1
Old 11-7-2011, 06:04 PM   #1414
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

List is aligned :3 that took forever rofl
Old 11-7-2011, 11:15 PM   #1415
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelle View Post
If someone joins forums for the first time - it's all backwards so the newest post is the first post they see. I dunno - could you change that so the first post they see is the oldest?
This might explain why so many newbs (no offense) miss the OP. I think it's more intuitive for the first post they see to be the OP.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2011, 11:18 PM   #1416
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Isn't that a function of the vBulletin mechanisms? For people who are used to the forum, I definitely would want to see the latest unread post, but perhaps newbies should be redirected somehow.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-2011, 11:37 PM   #1417
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I think he's more referring to the fact that the forums are arranged in linear order vs reverse linear order for when the posts were made. I know I set it to show Page 1 post 1 = the Original Post of the thread. If you don't, then page 1 becomes the most recent posts, and that's the default for the forums currently when you make an account I believe.
Old 11-8-2011, 11:01 AM   #1418
raskanally
165th Top Average Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to raskanally Send a message via MSN to raskanally Send a message via Yahoo to raskanally Send a message via Skype™ to raskanally

this is not on the forum topic, but is it possible to make the standalone version of the velocity MP engine have the MP lobby to the side rather then on the bottom?
i personally think it would feel more like a normal game lobby with it on the side, and then the window could be resized accordingly for the wider then tall monitor screens.
i dont know how much code would be involved in this so if its not feasible thats fine.

Still just Smashing away
raskanally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2011, 11:14 AM   #1419
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelle View Post
Yeah, this is actually why i suggested it - what made me think of it was the official ffr tournament thread. So many of the same questions from the newer forum members...and then it dawned on me. They don't see the OP automatically.
That can easily just be fixed by making it show only the first post.
Old 11-8-2011, 04:41 PM   #1420
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Random thought, "FFR R1 Simfile Author" and "FFR R1 Music Producer" titles, should there even be the "R1" part anymore since we don't have R2 anymore?

And I'm not sure who "steps" for Spin It Up, but maybe they could have a title too, but still be the same color as the Simfile Author and Music Producers?
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote