Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-1-2016, 05:28 PM   #21
gameboy42690
=/
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Stepping Stones of StepMania 3 Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraezymann View Post
And a shoutout to Gameboy##### for your help on that collab (even though it's mostly your file now ). It was so much fun and you gave me lots of ideas and insight.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to collab! You picked an awesome song and it was a fun one to step (although in retrospect I could have done a little less copy&paste, whoops).

(played only the highest difficulty unless I say otherwise)

4 Walls: I didn't really mind the copy&paste at the end, but I do agree with Arntonach that the holds got a little weird sometimes. The polyrhythms all technically correct but I think they were a little awkward at times.

A Baptist Church In Georgia: There were a few times where the pitch relevancy was a bit backwards, but other than that the file plays pretty well.

Butterfly Joe: That last note could have totally been another hand! (EDIT: Nevermind, if it's actually a single note being played on the piano then the last note is fine.) Nitpicking aside though I liked this one a lot.

Byzantium: Cool file, way better marathon than Pistolero

Cafe Terrace Polka: <3

Carry The Blessed Home: Yeah, this one's not doing it for me. Too slow and draggy in my opinion.

Chicken Head: Similarly to 4 Walls, some of the grace notes and polyrhythms felt a little awkward to me sometimes (but again they're all technically correct otherwise). Despite that though there's some really fun moments in this file.

Cyllage City: I forgot how good the Cyllage City theme was! Great file, too bad it's so damn short.

Glitch Nerds: Fun minijacks!

Gokusaishiki: That beginning is very rough and honestly kinda BS if you ask me. After that it's not so bad though.

Highscore: I thought the 32nd runningman in the first quarter of the file was awkward, but otherwise I liked this file.

Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Till When: I really didn't like the holds during the first jumpstream. They made things kinda awkward. The trill section I thought was boring and could have benefited from either layering the drums or the bass guitar. I looked at the same part on Hard just to compare how you stepped it vs. the more difficult chart chart, and actually it's quite a bit worse due to the holds which don't even go to anything for the first half. Otherwise... eh, it's really not the most fun I've ever had playing jumpstream, unfortunately.

Hua Sui Yue: Uhh... Those trills were terrible to play. I don't know if the trills are 100% accurate or not (can't be bothered to look in depth) but I hated playing the Edit chart. The one-handed trill at the end is especially bad. Hard is much better; it's decent enough but something about it just feels kinda off to me.

Kyuusei Argyos: Alright for the most part, but those 32nds I thought were a pretty big difficulty spike.

Little Too Close: I'm confused, what exactly are those 16th gallops in the beginning going to? Besides that, I don't know what to think of this file. It's interesting, but I don't really like the heavy emphasis on anchors.

Logic Agent: Not bad at all, but I really think you should have cut the song.

Mega V: Song is called Mega V... Song is from the Pokemon X & Y OST... Graphics don't feature a single mega evolution. Huh. Anyways, the 12th stream doesn't make that much sense. I can hear what it is you're stepping, but just barely. It's drowned out by everything else so I really think you should have left those 12ths out.

My Friend Mudkip: Was this file ridiculously off-beat for anyone else? Once I got it synced it was a pretty solid file, although it took forever just to end. Also I didn't really like having a long hold at the same time there was a 32nd trill, I thought that was kinda dumb but maybe that's just me.

OppIrish: One of the songs I was most forward to playing. (As a matter of fact since I stepped the Gypsycore Remix for FFR I was thinking of stepping this version too. :P) Unfortunately it was pretty disappointing. A lot of the 16ths you stepped sound much closer to 12ths and 24ths than 16ths. It's really hard to enjoy this file when everything feels so off.

Pistolero: Waaaay too long! I mean, it's well-stepped all things considered, but it's way too long of a file.

(more to come eventually)

Last edited by gameboy42690; 06-2-2016 at 05:20 PM..
gameboy42690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2016, 06:20 PM   #22
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy42690 View Post
A Baptist Church In Georgia: There were a few times where the pitch relevancy was a bit backwards, but other than that the file plays pretty well.
I find constantly following pitch relevancy to be restricting and so I let myself flow in and out of it. This isn't Guitar Hero after all!

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2016, 07:03 PM   #23
gameboy42690
=/
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Normally I wouldn't care as much about PR but I think it's much more important in piano files just to kinda emulate playing a real piano as closely as possible (as much as you can with 4 keys anyways). I do still think it was a very good file overall though, the PR thing's really more of a nitpick.

Last edited by gameboy42690; 06-1-2016 at 07:03 PM..
gameboy42690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2016, 08:35 PM   #24
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

yea but everyone knows lefthanded piano players use lefthanded pianos that go from up to down

i think its called southpiano
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2016, 09:15 PM   #25
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I was torn with Pistolero, I could have cut the last 1:30 of the song which has nothing new structure-wise in it...

buuuut I really like that part of the song, so I kept it.
Obviously I'm seeing that was a mistake by everyone else's estimation, but it made me happy :P

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2016, 09:48 PM   #26
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Haven't played yet, but thanks for judging, graphicsing, putting it together, judging my files and being to busy to fix them, and for putting sm in the right direction for newer players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2016, 11:35 PM   #27
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Just like you said Gameboy, I wanted it to feel as much like playing the piano as possible, so that final bass note on Butterfly Joe I put in one finger because that's how it'd be played on piano, you wouldn't use both hands for it

I want to do a comprehensive review, will probably get started on that tomorrow!

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis

Last edited by MooMoo_Cowfreak; 06-1-2016 at 11:35 PM..
Old 06-2-2016, 10:22 AM   #28
rparty89
FFR Player

Quote:
OppIrish: One of the songs I was most forward to playing. (As a matter of fact since I stepped the Gypsycore Remix for FFR I was thinking of stepping this version too. :P) Unfortunately it was pretty disappointing. A lot of the 16ths you stepped sound much closer to 12ths and 24ths than 16ths. It's really hard to enjoy this file when everything feels so off.
Noticed too. I'll release a patch maybe and tell kraezy to update it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that i assume you mean edit.

EDIT2: Here you go

I changed edit and tiny bit of challenge.

KRAEZY IM SORRY. Add it to the op cause its a patch.

Last edited by rparty89; 06-2-2016 at 11:07 AM..
rparty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 01:32 PM   #29
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Added update to OP

Glad people are enjoying it so far!

I'm going to do my best to stream this tonight, too. Hope ya'll can hang out!

Submit to this -

Last edited by Kraezymann; 06-2-2016 at 01:36 PM..
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 04:10 PM   #30
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Gokusaishiki: That beginning is very rough and honestly kinda BS if you ask me. After that it's not so bad though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Gokusaishiki (Expert) - Kinda feels weird to have the hardest segment at the beginning. The rest was fine.
^_^

I love that intro.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 05:17 PM   #31
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Gonna keep going.

PART 1

Precious Heart (Heavy) - More interesting than I thought it was going to turn out, especially since you kept it fresh the entire time.

Riddle Solving Step - You know you game series is popular enough that it spawns 7 irish arrangement albums. :V You could have done way more with this song. It just felt so underutilized.

Silhoette of My Mind - dat engrish lol. For serious, that chart was okay. Nothing notable, really, but not bad.

Sonata V - The fuck? This ain't a sonata. For serious though, chart's pretty interesting. Nothing I'd play again though, that's just a personal thing.

Sting Chameleon Uses Bubble Crab's Very Essence as a Bathroom Product - Can't really say much about this. Does feel indexable.

Supersquatting - Was pretty fine, but then you ruined the ending by not keeping with the 16ths. WHY?

SURVIVOR - bmah does the Otaku Dream thing. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

The Deep Striker (DJ Myosuke Remix) - There's nothing really going on here at all. You did try your best to keep in interesting, so A for effort.

The End of the Journey - Much better than the previous attempt. That BPM spike is highly xmod unfriendly though...

The Entertainer - jumpjumpjumpjumpjumpjumpjumpjumpjumpjumpjumpjump.

The Game is Over - lol at the song choice, but those goddamn 24th jacks were very jarring in comparison to the rest of the chart.

Up and Down - Finally it got interesting. Couldn't pass cause of the tight minedodge after the first chorus, but was good from what I saw.

Verrucktheit - Nice, solid file. Those minifreezes were a bit obnoxious though.

Walk With Me - Cool file. 8)

Waxie's Dargle - It was okay. More funny than anything.

We Like Springs - Was a cool file, aside form my-first-solo-file syndrome. That is, up to the gimmick section, which is unreadable on xmod. Please don't do that again.

WTF (Where They From) (Troyboi Remix) - You did some pretty neat things with the chart. Kinda on the fence with this one.

Luv Sick - Looks pretty fun, but there's no way can I pass this. :<

Phantasm - That was nice.

So yeah, on the whole, the pack's got bipolar disorder. Nothing's too awful, save for a few and the good charts are really good. Favs include Cyllage City, Highscore, Little Too Close, Onna Kotoba no Soushitsu, Precious Heart, Verrucktheit, Walk With Me and Phantasm.

Last edited by Arntonach; 06-2-2016 at 05:53 PM..
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 06:44 PM   #32
blazziken
FFR Player

Quote:

Mega V: Song is called Mega V... Song is from the Pokemon X & Y OST... Graphics don't feature a single mega evolution. Huh. Anyways, the 12th stream doesn't make that much sense. I can hear what it is you're stepping, but just barely. It's drowned out by everything else so I really think you should have left those 12ths out.
[/spoiler]
wrong dude , the real name Is Mega V (Volt) cuz is the opening of the second season of Pokemon X&Y which is a remix of the First Version.

well in first time i dont put the 12th stream ,but kraezy says me that i should put that , so i did it.

clik on the banner and "Welcome to the jumptrill world"

PD: Moonsault blaze 2 is coming, just waiting us..
blazziken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 07:09 PM   #33
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Sonata V - The fuck? This ain't a sonata. For serious though, chart's pretty interesting. Nothing I'd play again though, that's just a personal thing.
Half of the point of John Cage is to challenge your perceptions of what music is and can be, so looks like he was successful

Old 06-2-2016, 07:12 PM   #34
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt

Quote:
We Like Springs - Was a cool file, aside form my-first-solo-file syndrome.
What does this even mean?! XMFD

Quote:
don't do that again
Oh shit, I'm sorry stepman dad. Never again will I express myself through the manias. You do know cmod exists, right?

Last edited by macgravel; 06-2-2016 at 09:01 PM..
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 08:25 PM   #35
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
SURVIVOR - bmah does the Otaku Dream thing. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.
Yes, for those of you who don't know (because video or bg is turned off), I've added a video for the file and for the first time, lyrics too. I think I won't bother adding lyrics to a file anymore unless it's a song I really like and want people to sing along to lol. I also can't figure out how to make SM recognize certain Japanese characters, so the lyrics don't show up entirely correctly.

Also, after watching Haku play the pack, I've come to realize that the difficulty of this pack is higher than I thought. When I stepped for the first Stepping Stones pack, I remember needing to tone even the highest difficulty down a fair bit. I guess Stepping Stones have upgraded in difficulty slightly? Silhoette of My Mind was stepped with a lower overall difficulty in mind, so that's why it may feel a bit less lively than other files.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 09:15 PM   #36
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy42690
Mega V: Song is called Mega V... Song is from the Pokemon X & Y OST... Graphics don't feature a single mega evolution. Huh.
Come at me bro.

PS Streaming pack now if ya'll want to join

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 09:35 PM   #37
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
You do know cmod exists, right?
This creates new problems:

Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 09:46 PM   #38
James May
FFR Player

For Mudkip: I stepped it like two years ago and barely changed anything from when it was released in ODMix 2 and Thirdstyle :v

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 10:00 PM   #39
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt

Quote:
This creates new problems:

And cmods + no fakes fixes those problems... xD

macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2016, 10:05 PM   #40
YungDaVinci
FFR Player

Quote:
WTF (Where They From) (Troyboi Remix) - You did some pretty neat things with the chart. Kinda on the fence with this one.
you know you love it

Last edited by YungDaVinci; 06-2-2016 at 10:06 PM..
YungDaVinci is offline   Reply With Quote