Closed Thread

Old 11-1-2009, 06:02 PM   #201
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG XC: Deja Vu

my attempt at afro style posting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Also: wasn't she one of the people working to lynch gun? ... She was apparently able to peg me as blue before she died night 2 (crazy intuition!!)
That isn't crazy intuition, I saw it as rather obvious. The way you were arguing with manti was akin to the way I would act if I had been blue at the time, seeing as it was such a terrible idea. You being one of the only real advocates of tossing the plan, I had a hunch that you were blue. However, gun to me did not posses any attributes a blue should have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
so why would she overlook the scenario of gun being blue? Any human who could have thought of gun possibly being blue should have abstained from voting for him or tried to stop him from dying. So maybe her astute senses picked up on this scenario I've alluded to and decided it'd be more advantageous to lynch him than to wait and wolf him
see above^ Also: so far my day1 votes have gone along the lines of voting for someone making a fool out of themselves, and probably not being able to help much later on in the game. Already starting out so brash with an unsound reasoning, gun frankly seemed like an idiot. I understand having more humans will help whether they are idiots or not, but as previously stated several times in this thread day1 lynches are almost always human. Which is why I would rather get rid of one being a fool. I see it his way: are they a liability or an asset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Any human who could have thought of gun possibly being blue should have abstained from voting for him or tried to stop him from dying.
1) I didn't.
2) With a day1 lynch (or really any) there's always the possibility of them being any of the 3 roles. In that case, why would I vote for anyone at all?

tl;dr: because I didn't answer the question the way you would have liked me to, doesn't make me a wolf!

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Old 11-1-2009, 06:06 PM   #202
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

I don't understand why Ruritsu was wolved. Why didn't they go after Afro or Fiction?
Old 11-1-2009, 06:31 PM   #203
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
I'd also like to thank the wolves for not only not killing myself or fiction for now, but also for saving me the trouble of misreading ruritsu later on in the game and going bat**** insane trying to prove to everyone that he's a wolf when really he just has misleads in his writing style and logical flow such that he always appears red.
Side tracking death post.

Just so that we're all clear. Ruritsu is always green, and even in the rainbow games where he has less than a 2% chance of being green. (Unless hes red in which case he dies before D1 concludes)

Carry on.
Old 11-1-2009, 09:39 PM   #204
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

jwcgator (jwcgator2) has replaced BDN

Current Players:
1. Viccica (MMViccica)
2. Panda Express (HellJumperDragon)
3. FictionJunction (fikshonjunkshon)
4. FreezinIce (NEXGen33)
5. Makilaz (BenderChan)
6. tupacodaman (tupacodaman)
7. DarkManticoreX2 (DarkManticoreX2)
8. Afrobean (Afrobean16)
9. Ruritsu (ruritsu)
10. emerald000 (emerald3x0)
11. sc979 (sam97379)
12. jwcgator (jwcgator2)
13. Gun92 (james92hofmann)
14. A2P (Awesome Lamer)
15. u84 (u8477)
16. syhto (amanetora)

That is all.

Questionable Content

Last edited by clarinet89; 11-1-2009 at 09:41 PM..
Old 11-1-2009, 09:41 PM   #205
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

(10:40:03 PM) clarinet898: ok you're in
(10:40:09 PM) clarinet898: go nuts

I will.
Old 11-1-2009, 10:19 PM   #206
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

holy **** it's jwc

sup bro
Old 11-2-2009, 12:14 AM   #207
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

Day 2 ends on Tuesday, 11/3 at 2:30pm CST.

Questionable Content
Old 11-2-2009, 07:18 AM   #208
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

Welcome to the game, jwc.

I might be a bit inactive this phase so I'm putting a safety on panda

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 11-2-2009, 07:51 AM   #209
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
they're expecting us to have at each other but we're best friends for life so that won't happen
^_~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
that you were probably testing me
If you are green, then you wouldn't have seen it as a "test". You'd probably see it as me just fooling around. You wouldn't be worried about a "test", because a green has nothing to hide, not about their role. "Everyone" is green, but only greens are REALLY green.

Quote:
There's too much assumption involved there.
And this.

I don't like how you responded to my accusations. It wasn't an "assumption". It was a major asspull, and you didn't even call me on it. I would think that a wolf would realize I was right and justified in accusing you and might even overlook the fact that my justification to vote was essentially pulled completely out of my ass, while a human would realize I just pulled a justification out of my ass and would roundly point that out if they even bothered to defend themselves from such a blatant nearly-baseless accusation.

Quote:
That isn't crazy intuition, I saw it as rather obvious.
I can see why you would have been able to figure it out, as I was intentionally not hiding it very well in hopes of the seer coming to me, but NO ONE ELSE noticed it. Not until day 3 when I tipped my hand by shifting gears from manti to someone else for no good reason, and manti recognized why that was. No one else in the game saw the "obvious", and even tried to lynch me as my role as a blue became EVEN MORE obvious. Even after I got manti to save me from being lynched, there were still players out there who were planning on lynching me the very next day!

Quote:
The way you were arguing with manti was akin to the way I would act if I had been blue at the time, seeing as it was such a terrible idea.
I would have argued with manti regardless due to it being a bad idea (risk with almost no benefit). The only difference is that I wouldn't have repeated over and over about how the psychic likely wouldn't have even been on board with the initial seer+psychic plan. I would have argued against him, the argument just wouldn't have been as well reasoned coming from me, because me being blue gave me a wider perception of the situation I would have missed had I been green.

Quote:
You being one of the only real advocates of tossing the plan, I had a hunch that you were blue. However, gun to me did not posses any attributes a blue should have.
You only just started. How can you be so confident about what attributes a blue could have? Didn't someone else try this **** on me earlier too? Saying "NO HE'S DEFINITELY NOT A BLUE" then immediately even admitting that they themselves aren't all that familiar with the full range of a blue's potential playstyle choices.

And since you new guys seem to be unaware: for the same reason a person can't be proven or disproven red by their public behavior, a person cannot be proven or disproven blue by their public behavior. Doesn't matter if the person seems to be doing something a blue would "never do", because that could easily even be part of a cunning plot to throw people off their trail. Wolves do this all of the time. They do what a wolf would "never do" and they end up being able to hide in the shadows, sometimes ironically by throwing themselves into the limelight. But I digress. The point I'm trying to make here is that you can't look at what someone has done in the thread and say "that person can't possibly be blue!" Anything that might make you think he isn't blue could be part of his plan.

Quote:
Already starting out so brash with an unsound reasoning, gun frankly seemed like an idiot.
And yet, I don't "seem like an idiot"? What of my brash bandwagon vote on freezinice yesterday? What about my brash vote shifting around before finally settling back to freezin? What about my starting off today with an asspull justification on a vote for you?

Quote:
I understand having more humans will help whether they are idiots or not, but as previously stated several times in this thread day1 lynches are almost always human. Which is why I would rather get rid of one being a fool. I see it his way: are they a liability or an asset?
I can understand this argument and I have actually used it more than a few times myself.

However, given how day 1 played out, I would have rather gone for the "let's kill an inactive" than "let's kill a stupid person" plan. Both plans have their merit, but I don't think anything anyone did yesterday was stupid enough to justify lynching them for.

Quote:
1) I didn't.
You should have. Or am I giving you more credit than you deserve?

Sorry, but being the only person to identify me as blue by DAY 1 last game definitely means that you're not as stupid as you might want me to think.
Quote:
2) With a day1 lynch (or really any) there's always the possibility of them being any of the 3 roles. In that case, why would I vote for anyone at all?
That goes without saying. I really meant a chance greater than random chance. Each player has a random chance of being any of the 3 roles, but based on deduction, we can guess that other players are less or more likely than random to be a certain role.

Quote:
tl;dr: because I didn't answer the question the way you would have liked me to, doesn't make me a wolf!
It's not proof, no, but the subtext seems logical in my mind, so that plus intuition is good enough for me.

by the way:
Quote:
my attempt at afro style posting:
I appreciate the effort, but you missed the mark in a number of areas.

Your tone was not anywhere near aggressive enough, the writing style was way off, and it wasn't all that long either. Responses in my style should have a bit of a cocky pontificating feel to them, sometimes using words which may otherwise be a little obscure, and responses to individual sections, even small ones, should go on for far longer than the average reader should care to read through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2P View Post
I don't understand why Ruritsu was wolved. Why didn't they go after Afro or Fiction?
A2P don't even try this ****. It's the oldest trick in the wolf book.

Ok, so I've got 3 wolves ID'd. freezinice, Solid Dreams, and A2P. Who is number 4? Watch it be fiction lol
Old 11-2-2009, 08:42 AM   #210
Panda Express
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Panda Express

Hey hey! Can I be wolf #4? It makes me feel important when someone is gunning for me :P

Also, It seems I've misplaced my jumpdrive with Trillion on it. So it looks like I'm back to forum-only interactions ... Zzz

Will get home and jump on AIM if possible.
Old 11-2-2009, 08:53 AM   #211
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

arfo, if you want to play that game I'll bury you.
Old 11-2-2009, 08:53 AM   #212
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

like, really. threaten whoever you like but let's not get me involved ;_;
Old 11-2-2009, 08:57 AM   #213
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Express View Post
Hey hey! Can I be wolf #4? It makes me feel important when someone is gunning for me :P
You don't fit as a wolf with freezin because of what happened during day 1. You could be a wolf, but probably only if he's not.

ps lol @ edubrodus
Old 11-2-2009, 08:58 AM   #214
FictionJunction
FFR Player

TWG 101

kill someone.
wait for someone to do something out of character*
accuse them
*if someone doesn't do anything out of character say something random that will prompt discussion
Discuss for 8 or 9 pages
lynch innocent player
back-up arguments with fluff
Old 11-2-2009, 09:02 AM   #215
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

silly fiction, we're not at 101 yet this is only 90
Old 11-2-2009, 09:33 AM   #216
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

You guys really killed gun? He sounded more human than anything... Anyway what's done is done.

On another note: FJ.
Old 11-2-2009, 09:42 AM   #217
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I guess emerald has something on his mind.
Old 11-2-2009, 10:30 AM   #218
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
You guys really killed gun? He sounded more human than anything... Anyway what's done is done.
Are you ****ing ****ting me?

Hey, what's this quote say here?
Quote:
Wow gun. You might think it would be a good tactic to be active while you are a wolf, to change how you behave as a wolf. But it is not.
Hmm... that's strange. I wonder who Emerald was voting for when day ended, since as he just posted he would NEVER have wanted gun killed! He must have just been the first person to vote for gun to put pressure on him, only to move it off to his REAL lynch choice later...

Wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinet89 View Post
Sorry, afro. I did miscount. After going over everything again, here is what I have.

freez - afro, gun
gun - emerald, syhto, mak, vic, a2p, tupac
redh - ruritsu
panda - sc, freez
mak - panda
afro - fic

Left to Vote: BDN and RedHerring
What! You mean EMERALD WAS THE FIRST ONE TO VOTE FOR GUN AND HELPED TO HAVE HIM KILLED IN THE END? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE. I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Eh. I guess I found wolf number 4.
Old 11-2-2009, 10:35 AM   #219
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Hi afro, now I recognize you. I knew I probably wouldn't be able to come back for day end, so I decided to place a vote early. Instead of putting a safety, I decided to put some consistence to my vote. More for putting pressure than to really get him lynched. I come back this morning, read the thread, and I find his replies more human than wolf. I really didn't think my vote would lead to his lynching.
Old 11-2-2009, 10:45 AM   #220
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
oh crap my lie has been exposed quick quikc BACK PEDAL BACK PEDAL
Nice try, bro, but you've already been caught.