Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Contested Chart Difficulties
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-1-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default SAMBISTA (10 or 11?)

So after playing this a few times, I legitimately believe this should qualify as an 11. The 48th bursts (despite MOSTLY having simple patterns) are tricky and often at the end of streams, there's quite a few jacks and the jumpstream is awkward as all hell.

I personally believe that this is much harder then songs like Colorful Course and Novo Mundo.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
Old 02-3-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Default Re: SAMBISTA (10 or 11?)

This one is kind of hard to judge because of the files nature, its just really technical. The bursts are pretty straightforward but they are faster than what you'll find in most VC files, at around 400ish it goes into a tricky handstream that transitions into a few bursts of varying speeds like so:

[1x rate]

Then after that you get the MAMAesque JS (This picture is on mirror)

[1x rate]

Which i have more problems comboing than i do PAing due to it being fairly difficult to read (For me).

Currently only 31 AAA's, most being D5+ minus a few dedicated D4 people from the official tourney.

As far as PA goes, this song is fairly tricky bursts can be problems for some people, and the Jumpstream is just awkward as was stated, and Its easy to get sloppy on the transitions. Definately harder than Novo mundo, and far more dense.

I think it could qualify as a low end 11, or the ceiling for being a 10. Its right on the border. Though i personally think it leans more towards an 11.

Get Kancho'd

Last edited by FontSize72LOL; 02-4-2012 at 12:14 AM..
Old 02-3-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Harder than Novo Mundo, but I still think it could be a VC. Just like I think Novo should be a VC.

Sure it's technical, but it doesn't require that much speed, basically just luck on the awful burst patterns.

Old 02-3-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

For Future reference, any screenshots taken of a file should be taken on 1.75 speedmod or higher. The patterns appears a lot harder when it's more clustered on a lower speedmod.
Old 02-3-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
rayword45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
For Future reference, any screenshots taken of a file should be taken on 1.75 speedmod or higher. The patterns appears a lot harder when it's more clustered on a lower speedmod.
You can't see the entire pattern on that speed however.

I think the point here is to show where the arrows are placed, not the actual density.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
Old 02-3-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

I'm with Rayword on this one. I think we're all familiar with the whole "it's not that fast, it's just really ****ing technical" part of this file, so speedmod on screenshots is a non-issue here. Anyone can just pull up the song preview if they're unsure of density.

On to the debate about the file itself; I might be somewhat biased because this file was the death of me, but I'm thinking this is FMO territory because the bursts are that awful to PA. Blocks abounded in the intro for me, and it's very easy to good-rush out of the first burst. This meant that getting an SDG FC was as much luck as skill. And I didn't even mind the MAMA jumpstream all that much as long as it wasn't mirrored, something that I'm aware caused headaches for others.

Now, back then most 10s I could get a clean fc with pa in the teens or better, with oddballs like Legend and X-Tinction defying this rule, and could squeak out clean SDGs on a few fmos as well. Given the fact that full combo, much less SDG, was incredibly elusive for me on this level (my best is still 6-0-0-2 after 200+ plays, ragequits included because legacy engine represent), I'm going to vote for 11.

Last edited by igotrhythm; 02-3-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Old 02-4-2012, 12:08 AM   #7
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
You can't see the entire pattern on that speed however.

I think the point here is to show where the arrows are placed, not the actual density.
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
I'm with Rayword on this one. I think we're all familiar with the whole "it's not that fast, it's just really ****ing technical" part of this file, so speedmod on screenshots is a non-issue here. Anyone can just pull up the song preview if they're unsure of density.
Yeah, this is pretty much what i was doing. I tried taking a screen shot on my usual speed mod of 2x, but you couldn't really see much though. If i take a screenshot on 1x it isn't to show density, its just so i can fit the entire pattern into one screenshot. Sorry if this lead to any confusion and I'll put the rate next to any future screenshots so there is no confusion.

Get Kancho'd

Last edited by FontSize72LOL; 02-4-2012 at 12:13 AM..
Old 02-4-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
rayword45

If we're allowed to talk about stats in relation to difficulty, this had few AAAs during Round 4 D4, while Colorful Course (Round 5 D4) was AAA or die and has 10 more AAAs as of now.

Old 02-4-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
If we're allowed to talk about stats in relation to difficulty, this had few AAAs during Round 4 D4, while Colorful Course (Round 5 D4) was AAA or die and has 10 more AAAs as of now.
I think this is more a problem with Colorful Course's rating than it is with SAMBISTA's

Besides SAMBISTA is the kind of chart that doesn't take much speed, just ***got luck. Colorful Course probably has more AAAs because it's very consistent- if you have the speed to do it, you have the speed to do it.

Old 04-6-2012, 11:36 AM   #10
rayword45

*bump*

Repeating points, the bursts are ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. They beat out the bursts in songs like Novo Mundo, Rottel-Da-Station (although some may consider those rolls), and perhaps even Jeanie & Caroline (which was a load of trouble for me).

The M.A.M.A jumpstream is also difficult, along with the jacks and hands.

And, although it's a bit of a luck-based file, this still has worse stats then Colorful Course and Determination.

Closed Thread