Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
BlueSamurai
FFR Player

Default Random Lag.

I'm sure there are countless threads like this, but nothing has helped me.

I have a Core i5 750, 4GB 1333MHz Dual-Channel DDR3 memory, a HD4870 (512M) (nothing overclocked) and I use Firefox as my browser, although I tried Chrome and the same thing happened;

basically, I'll load up a song, it'll be nice and smooth for a bit, and then it'll just start lagging, not jittering, not stopping and then starting, it doesn't go out of sync, it just misses frames.

NO other flash games do this, I've cleared my cache and refreshed and tried other things..

The only thing I could think of at the moment is that in BIOS an option that makes my CPU slow down or prioritize different things is working, meaning that it sees me not move my mouse for a while and thinks that I'm idle, therefore lagging the **** out of the game.

But probably not

Écouter?

P.S: If I grab my mouse and click the flash screen, the lag stops. Which is why I believe it's some kind of priority thing.

Last edited by BlueSamurai; 10-22-2010 at 10:58 AM..
BlueSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
Stru
FFR Player

Default Re: Random Lag.

I thought I was the only one. I'm using Chrome and it does lag. I haven't been able to get AAAs and sometimes I'll even miss a FC. On mine, it lags up right away on nearly every song. It looks kinda skippy and looks like it misses frames. Once in a while it goes out of sync, but it's bearable I guess... :/
Old 10-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
BlueSamurai
FFR Player

That's exactly the same as what I have, it lags almost straight away on some songs and on others, at certain parts, and when I click anywhere in the flash window it'll stop lagging for a second, then it'll start, it's really weird.

And it really isn't bearable for me, I'm a whore :V
Old 10-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Did you try this thread? http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...77#post3320177

I describe some ways to help eliminate lag and on how to use a standalone because it seems that flash 10 is the culprit for most people since FFR was designed to run on 8 (I believe it was 8) I play on the flash 8 standalone and have no issues at all with lag or dropped keytaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Solution to everything: Firefox + non-standalone + GameBooster. <-- Google it
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
BlueSamurai
FFR Player

I don't need GameBooster, I have four cores running at 2.66GHz, the problem isn't hardware, it's software, since I was playing JamLegend fine earlier, it must be something to do with FFR.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

Its Flash 10. Go downgrade to Flash 9 or 8.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #8
BlueSamurai
FFR Player

So the only solution is to, every time I feel like playing FFR, downgrade my Flash to 8/9, then upgrade when I want to view anything using flash? Sounds extremely convenient and plausible.

Wouldn't it be easier to just update FFR?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #9
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
GameBooster.
cool! I hope it doesn't corrupt my system tho..

Also, firefox + gamebooster + flash 10 = still laggy. The standalone has helped the most BY FAR.

EDIT: Works wonders on kongregate tho. <3

Last edited by rushyrulz; 10-22-2010 at 06:10 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
BlueSamurai
FFR Player

How do I actually use the Standalone? I followed the link and scanned the posts, didn't find anything, also, standalone still gives you credits and stuff, right?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #11
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I can't play there's too much lag!

There seems to be an issue for many users with Flash 10. If you know how to downgrade, you can try downgrading to Flash 8 or 9. If that's not an option for you, there's the option of using a standalone flash player. Also, try to optimize performance on your computer by closing out excess programs. Reducing visual effects on your computer will also help.

Where do I get a standalone and how do I use it

You can get a flash 8 standalone here http://www.mediafire.com/?yhay5pin2b2wdo2 when you open up the flash player go to file/open and put in http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/ffrndanotherway.swf

Although, the first one worked fine for me. Are you opening the exe, going to file>open then pasting that full link into the location spot? It should open right up. Just follow the steps in the above quote to match it with your FFR account.

How do I login on a standalone?

For you to be logged in on the standalone player, you must log in on internet explorer and click remember me. Before doing this, make sure you go into the security settings on IE and uncheck the box that says Enable Protected Mode. Once you uncheck that, hit apply then close out IE. Reopen IE and log into FFR, making sure you check "Remember Me". Then, reopen your standalone. You should now be logged in.
this.
I think Kayla gave the wrong link for the second one. Try this: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...therway793.swf

The first one worked for me, but the standalone I use has ^that link. Just follow the steps in the above quote to link the swf to your FFR account. And don't forget to re-enable protected mode after you've successfully logged in on the standalone. You only need to do it once and you're good to go.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 10-23-2010 at 12:22 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #12
Aleste
stating the obvious.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Aleste Send a message via MSN to Aleste

In the directions, it says use IE. I use everything but that.. Will it still allow me to log in on the standalone with another browser?

EDIT: apparently it will good solution guys, thanks.. this was bugging the crap out of me.

Last edited by Aleste; 10-23-2010 at 04:54 PM..
Aleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #13
BlueSamurai
FFR Player

Thanks, the standalone works perfectly, I was even able to FC Trisection (Yeah yeah, I'm rusty, and I don't play Stepmania, I prefer Osu)
Old 10-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #14
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
this.
I think Kayla gave the wrong link for the second one. Try this: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...therway793.swf

The first one worked for me, but the standalone I use has ^that link. Just follow the steps in the above quote to link the swf to your FFR account. And don't forget to re-enable protected mode after you've successfully logged in on the standalone. You only need to do it once and you're good to go.

The link I posted for FFR is the one I use and it works fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote