Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #241
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Default Re: Rock Band 2

Well, I finally got around to getting decent at drums, then my pedal broke Back to guitar for me.

I've almost unlocked the Entire Setlist, only 200 more stars to go, and hopefully I'll have some time next week to attempt that. I have no idea how long that will take. I've tried to figure it out, but my math is lacking almost as much as my commitment to figure it out. I figure that a week should get me there if I keep playing as much as I have been. Also, now that i'm not on the drums anymore, I should be getting more stars because I don't have to worry about pad misses.

Anyone want to take a guess at how long it will take to get through 84 (I think) songs? The first one had 53 (If I remember correctly) and that took about 4:30 hours with no breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #242
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguefox View Post
Are you kidding? Absolutely! Only a blasphemer would ask such a question.

I heard that one of the higher-up developers said that the game was supposed to function differently, so hopefully they'll acknowledge that it's a bug and will be patched.

Otherwise I won't be able to fool around to my heart's content.
Wtf? Where do these random Admins come from? xD
Hi Plague. Intoduce yourself =)

Oh yeah.
On a scale of 1 to 10, RB2's guitar parts are rated...?
I'm considering buying it now that it's got hyperspeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight
tha Guardians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #243
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

well, I played for a good 14-15 hours between today and yesterday

This game is ****ing amazing. Breakneck Speed, the Megadeth album pack, new talkies, and singleplayer World Tour basically eliminated my four biggest problems with RB (lack of speed mod, far too few guitar tracks were hard enough, broken talkies sucked balls, none of my friends ever wanted to play World Tour and so the only way I could experience it was with voxtar, which was meh). It's already mind-bogglingly good and I haven't even tried anything online yet, which I always love. Having the RB1 tracks in there gives this incredibly great sense of a HUGE song selection, something I've only had before in FFR/SM.

This just might wind up being my favorite game of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #244
footbull3196
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to footbull3196

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR View Post
Well, I finally got around to getting decent at drums, then my pedal broke Back to guitar for me.
Do you have the old drums for RB1 or the new RB2 drums? The RB2 drum pedal shouldn't break, it's metal enforced.

Also, if it is the RB1 kit, you can still send it in for a free repair, because I think they extended it until October or something like that.
footbull3196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #245
thechild
FFR Player

So can any drummers here solo the impossible battle (no starpower) on expert? I'm stuck on Panic Attack, painkiller and battery are really easy. Also, when do I unlock visions. The drums on that are wtfhax.
thechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #246
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbull3196 View Post
Do you have the old drums for RB1 or the new RB2 drums? The RB2 drum pedal shouldn't break, it's metal enforced.

Also, if it is the RB1 kit, you can still send it in for a free repair, because I think they extended it until October or something like that.
I'm stuck on rb1 drums. I'll probably just ghetto-rig this thing till I have some time to send it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #247
25thhour
I like max
FFR Veteran

Gimme some details I wanna send my old RB drum kit in it brokeded.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #248
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Another deal.

If you buy RB2 on Amazon, they'll throw in a 1600 MS points card for free.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B001BX6JUA

It's like a $20 gift card. Almost.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #249
powerdown
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to powerdown

Could someone inform me as to how the songs are unlocked in RB2? Is it the same as RB or is it progression in BWT based?

RULES FOR PROPER THREAD MAKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
1. before you make a thread... think to yourself... "will i sound like a complete idiot if i make this thread?" "will i get flamed out the ass if i make this thread?" "am i doing nothing but whining about something i'm getting for free and not supporting myself?" if you answer yes to any of those questions, don't post the thread.

2. if the thread has ANYTHING to do with tokens, skill tokens, sotw, or difficulty of songs... do not post it. under any circumstance. why? because you already violated rule #1, i'm sure.
powerdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #250
Plaguefox
Midgets are my WIFE
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Plaguefox Send a message via AIM to Plaguefox Send a message via MSN to Plaguefox Send a message via Yahoo to Plaguefox Send a message via Skype™ to Plaguefox

From what I understand, once you play the song in any mode it's unlocked for everything.

The quickest way to go through is to play the "Marathon" sets in Tour Challenges. Complete one of the first warmups, then do all the sets that are called "Marathon" because they together include the entire list of songs with no repeats.

Oh and hi Guardians. I'm Plaguefox.

I wanted to buy the Ion, but I ended up skipping and buying a Roland TD-3SW. Perhaps I'll figure out how to attach it to Rock Band at some point but for now it's just for jamming out and solidifying rudiments.
Plaguefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #251
powerdown
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Ah. Seems simple enough. I saw people talking about stars and I was like "Wait, do you seriously have to have a certain amount of stars in order to even consider playing some of the upper tier songs such as Painkiller and Panic Attack?"

Of course I expect it will play out much the same as RB's World Tour did, where you had to have a certain amount of stars to go to the next venue and so forth. But w/e. As long as you dont have to have X amount of stars to unlock Y song, I'm satisfied.

Quote:
1. before you make a thread... think to yourself... "will i sound like a complete idiot if i make this thread?" "will i get flamed out the ass if i make this thread?" "am i doing nothing but whining about something i'm getting for free and not supporting myself?" if you answer yes to any of those questions, don't post the thread.

2. if the thread has ANYTHING to do with tokens, skill tokens, sotw, or difficulty of songs... do not post it. under any circumstance. why? because you already violated rule #1, i'm sure.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:18 AM   #252
ddranthony92
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddranthony92

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdown View Post
Ah. Seems simple enough. I saw people talking about stars and I was like "Wait, do you seriously have to have a certain amount of stars in order to even consider playing some of the upper tier songs such as Painkiller and Panic Attack?"

Of course I expect it will play out much the same as RB's World Tour did, where you had to have a certain amount of stars to go to the next venue and so forth. But w/e. As long as you dont have to have X amount of stars to unlock Y song, I'm satisfied.
Yea you just go through World Tour and whatever songs you play you unlock, which i don't really like, i preferred the solo tour. because it was straight up, and you knew if you played a song or not, on World Tour i forget what songs i haven't play yet, though i still love the game

But does anyone has the RB2 Stock Drums set, I really need to get a new drum set and it seems like that is my only option, though i saw this video on Youtube with a guy reviewing the kit, and everything looked good except, to play perfect he needed the sock mod, which is lame. So i just wanna know if anyone else has the kit, and if you do, does it work good?
Rock Band
Rock Band 2

Wanna see me?!?!?

How about my videos!?!?!
ddranthony92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #253
powerdown
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

From what I've seen, the new drums have the same problem as the original RB1 QM sets. They either work awesomely, or they are absolute crap out of the box. If you need new drums, from my experience I've had with them, I'd say get 'em. But at the same time, be aware its gonna be a gamble, and there is a chance you'll be shipping it to EA the first time you play.

Quote:

Old 09-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #254
Tired_Old_Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tired_Old_Man Send a message via MSN to Tired_Old_Man

on expert guitar I've passed panic attack and painkiller but I can't seem to pass bodhisatva and I'm starting to hate the song. After my first fail I went to practice and quickly discovered I could do the end of the solo by rapidly rubbing my fingers on the lower fret buttons across the yellow blue orange trill at the end but when I try to do it I cant adapt to the lower buttons fast enough.

I'd also like to say that so far RB2 has proved to be 5 times better then RB, the songs are better and everything is better.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #255
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Spoonman on Guitar Expert is my new favorite song.

As is Eye of the Tiger.