Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-1-2008, 06:25 PM   #261
gamer_4_life27
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
I was rather confused about the fact that in the event of a tie, you apparantly have the option to both improve your score on the main song -and- play the tiebreaker song. I'd like to see it simply be the tiebreaker song.
Same here. I think this might confuse some people because I might try to improve my score on the main song instead of playing the Tie Breaker song. I don't know, I just think having this new option might create some problems in the future.
Old 06-1-2008, 06:28 PM   #262
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

I mean, you -could- do it such that whatever score is on both sides of the line being the elimination score so if you can get your score above that, you aren't eliminated anymore, -and- if you "win" the tiebreaker you aren't eliminated either, and since any unsubmitted score is -infinity, if I improve my main score and you do the tiebreaker, we both advance.
Old 06-1-2008, 06:32 PM   #263
gamer_4_life27
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
I mean, you -could- do it such that whatever score is on both sides of the line being the elimination score so if you can get your score above that, you aren't eliminated anymore, -and- if you "win" the tiebreaker you aren't eliminated either, and since any unsubmitted score is -infinity, if I improve my main score and you do the tiebreaker, we both advance.
If that happens, then the tournament should be a double elimination. Where If you get knocked out, you go to the 2nd tier and play there. So if someone improves there score on the main song, and the other person played the Tie Breaker song, then the person who played the Tie breaker song would advance, and the person who improved there score would go to the 2nd Tier. Because if you don't play the Tie Breaker song, wouldn't your score be -infinity, and you would lose the Tie Breaker?
Old 06-1-2008, 06:35 PM   #264
gamer_4_life27
FFR Player

Two more things.

One, is there only going to be one person working on the scores this time around? Because I remember last time, it was a big problem that took forever when only one person was handling the scores.

Two, when is it starting? I might have missed the start date.
Old 06-1-2008, 06:40 PM   #265
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3

Thanks for confirming that Devonin. ^^

Yay, Haku is in! Can't wait to face him. =3
Old 06-1-2008, 06:46 PM   #266
ZaBasDa
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer_4_life27 View Post
ZaBasDa, you play NeoPets too!?!?!? lol.
Is that a crime? Actually I kind of stopped playing once I made my mil.

But is it expected that to do well in D1 we have to be able to FC the difficulty 10 song?
Old 06-1-2008, 06:47 PM   #267
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

to answer the improve main round vs tie breaker question... main round takes precedence. you should always try to improve your main score first. the tie breaker is exactly that, a tie breaker. if 1 person improves their main score, then the 2 people are no longer tied.

and it likely will just be sprite doing the scores.... which, yes, will take a bit of time for the first round or two, with thousands of people submitting. but by week 3 or 4, it will be much faster. you'll deal with it, i'm sure.

it is starting the week of june 9th, as stated in the news post. we don't have an exact date, because we have to take the time to put everyone into their proper division.

Zab: the D1 difficulty 10 song will be the 10th and final song... only 2 people will be left in the division at that point. and, i honestly don't know if either will FC it. but I suspect at least 1 will.
Old 06-1-2008, 06:51 PM   #268
gamer_4_life27
FFR Player

Thanks Tass. So if I were to improve my score, and the other person didn't, I would move on.

And I can handle waiting a while for the first few rounds. Last time I think I got caught with a cheat because I remember playing a song that was assigned to me, and I beat the person's best score by a lot, and he topped my score by almost AAA'ing it or something crazy like that. But as long as I don't encounter one of those, and I play to my full potential, I think I'll do fine and make it to the final slot.

Good luck everyone. See you in the Tiers!
Old 06-1-2008, 06:52 PM   #269
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

up to almost 600 people signed up.
Old 06-1-2008, 06:53 PM   #270
xXDeltaXx
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xXDeltaXx

Personally, I just hope to pass the 1st round ^.^

Tournament Results:
1st Place Finishes: 5
2nd Place Finishes: 3
3rd Place Finishes: 2
Old 06-1-2008, 06:56 PM   #271
gamer_4_life27
FFR Player

YEAH!!! More than 600 people will be beaten by me!!!
Old 06-1-2008, 07:06 PM   #272
ZaBasDa
FFR Player

You can't beat me if I'm in a lower division than you. But I will be beaten anyway.
Old 06-1-2008, 07:08 PM   #273
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
YEAH!!! More than 600 people will be beaten by me!!!
600/5

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
Old 06-1-2008, 07:09 PM   #274
gamer_4_life27
FFR Player

Hello gamer. DjShox, a forum mod, is in a musician contest that he really wants to win. You can help him by voting for him. He would be very grateful for any votes that you could give. For more information, please click here. This is not spam, I am trying to get people to vote for him. If you have any questions, message me back!

Got this message from CrashJet555... I don't know what to think about this... >_>
Old 06-1-2008, 07:11 PM   #275
ZaBasDa
FFR Player

Quote:
Hello gamer. DjShox, a forum mod, is in a musician contest that he really wants to win. You can help him by voting for him. He would be very grateful for any votes that you could give. For more information, please click here. This is not spam, I am trying to get people to vote for him. If you have any questions, message me back!

Got this message from CrashJet555... I don't know what to think about this... >_>
I also got one of these.
Old 06-1-2008, 07:28 PM   #276
Perry Ellis
FFR Player

Sign me up too
Old 06-1-2008, 07:31 PM   #277
nev670
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Go sign up at the main page Perry

Avg Rank: 174 AAA: 40% FC: 99%
nev670 & SnS ^_^ !
This video is Dedicated to Tasselfoot
Jason Key's Best Friend
Old 06-1-2008, 07:36 PM   #278
Perry Ellis
FFR Player

Cool Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

I did i made a mistake. Thanks though.
Old 06-1-2008, 07:36 PM   #279
MaxxOverload
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hey I want the rules and such I can't find them but of course I want to sign up!
Old 06-1-2008, 07:39 PM   #280
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

See the first page of this thread, or the front page news article for rules and instructions.
Closed Thread