Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-7-2012, 11:56 PM   #21
ghostykins
Banned

Default Re: Why are some cops complete a-holes?

always know your rights
ghostykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2012, 11:58 PM   #22
DDRBaller123
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DDRBaller123 Send a message via MSN to DDRBaller123 Send a message via Yahoo to DDRBaller123 Send a message via Skype™ to DDRBaller123

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
as he is patting me down, he like uppercutted my balls trying to see if i had stashed anything down my pants. i like winced over in pain cause im a guy and that shit hurt. as i did that he yells "if you tense up one more time im taking you to the fucking ground".
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldentron View Post
you sound like a nerd and your girlfriend is trying to make you sound less nerdy because your nickname for your ex is m'lady dragonborne or some shit and she don't wanna be seen with no scrub
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
The asshole in me wants to tell your girlfriend to stop being a pussy bitch about it.

The concerned forum poster in me wants to tell your girlfriend nearly the same thing.

Last edited by DDRBaller123; 12-8-2012 at 12:01 AM..
DDRBaller123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 12:04 AM   #23
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
They're like the IRL version of internet trolls who like to play things close to the line and fall back on plausible deniability later if the shit hits the fan.
could not have said it any better.
Old 12-8-2012, 12:04 AM   #24
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostykins View Post
always know your rights
Some useful quotes to remember:

"I don't consent to this search."
"I'm going to remain silent."
"Am I free to go?"

Also: Silence is not an admission of guilt and cannot be used against you in court.

Say as little as possible, but be polite and cooperative.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 12-8-2012 at 12:16 AM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 12:14 AM   #25
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

Dude, something is off with the cops lately, I swear, it's not just you. When I left work today, it wasn't me who got pulled over but my co-worker. We both literally JUST turned out of the parking lot and the cop was on her within like a few seconds. What could she have possibly done? I texted her when I got home and she said she got a ticket for speeding. There was no way in hell either of us even had the time to get past 30. Mokena cops are ridiculous.

Was this a Joliet cop? Do you know his name? I know a few cops from back when I worked for Trace, I'll see if I know anything that could get him in trouble. (rofl)
Old 12-8-2012, 12:17 AM   #26
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Some useful quotes to remember:

"I don't consent to this search."
"I'm going to remain silent."
"Am I free to go?"

Also: Silence is not an admission of guilt and cannot be used against you in court.
some things to go by:

yes i did give consent to search my vehicle. including my broken glove box.

i indeed told the officer that pulled me over that my registration was infact in the glove box that i myself could not open at the time. during the search of my car, as stated, they did attempt to open it, and was unsuccessful. upon opening it
Old 12-8-2012, 12:52 AM   #27
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

like professors
spend so much time having people suck up to them
stick their head in their ass
Ohaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Good read m0de. Wow cops are dicks...

A cop broke my wrist once when I was 13 because he though I was resisting.
Old 12-8-2012, 09:56 AM   #29
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

nope, you deserved it
you're obviously on drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 10:06 AM   #30
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

I've never met real nice/understanding cops until the other day. My girlfriend cut off a sheriff cause she's so impulsive and can't wait like 2 seconds to switch lanes, but the cop pulled us over. we had weed on us and he could smell it, he asked us who had it so i told him it was mine because i didn't want my girlfriend getting in trouble. he took me out of the car and searched me and found a boxcutter (i work in a deli) and was telling me how i could get terrorism charges cause that's what they used to hijack the planes. and then he started laughing at me because i looked concerned about that, because he was obviously joking. he then put me in the back of his car because he had to search the rest of the car, and then another cop came in the car and was doing a bunch of paperwork/on his computer thing. and then 3 other sheriffs pulled up, 1 with a k9 unit and it all turned into a huge scene, my girlfriend was taken out and searched and put in the back of a cop car and so was my friend. and then i saw my girlfriend & friend walk back to her car, and one of the cops got back in the car i was in & the two cops were debating arresting me for like 5 minutes. and then he was like 'since you've been good with me, just throw away the weed when you get home cause i've got no use for it.' and then the other cop was like 'good decision because my balls were freezing out there.' (i live in upstate ny). and he gave me back my stuff and told me if i wanted to smoke find a spot where they can't find me, like in the woods. and then we left after that 30 minute ordeal, with not even a small traffic ticket and nothing confiscated.

i came to realize, if we hadn't had the weed on us, we probably would have gotten a ticket for cutting off the cop, but since we had it, the whole situation was focused on that.
Vanilla Mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 11:18 AM   #31
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to justaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm View Post
I've never met real nice/understanding cops until the other day. My girlfriend cut off a sheriff cause she's so impulsive and can't wait like 2 seconds to switch lanes, but the cop pulled us over. we had weed on us and he could smell it, he asked us who had it so i told him it was mine because i didn't want my girlfriend getting in trouble. he took me out of the car and searched me and found a boxcutter (i work in a deli) and was telling me how i could get terrorism charges cause that's what they used to hijack the planes. and then he started laughing at me because i looked concerned about that, because he was obviously joking. he then put me in the back of his car because he had to search the rest of the car, and then another cop came in the car and was doing a bunch of paperwork/on his computer thing. and then 3 other sheriffs pulled up, 1 with a k9 unit and it all turned into a huge scene, my girlfriend was taken out and searched and put in the back of a cop car and so was my friend. and then i saw my girlfriend & friend walk back to her car, and one of the cops got back in the car i was in & the two cops were debating arresting me for like 5 minutes. and then he was like 'since you've been good with me, just throw away the weed when you get home cause i've got no use for it.' and then the other cop was like 'good decision because my balls were freezing out there.' (i live in upstate ny). and he gave me back my stuff and told me if i wanted to smoke find a spot where they can't find me, like in the woods. and then we left after that 30 minute ordeal, with not even a small traffic ticket and nothing confiscated.

i came to realize, if we hadn't had the weed on us, we probably would have gotten a ticket for cutting off the cop, but since we had it, the whole situation was focused on that.

that's that shit
Old 12-8-2012, 12:22 PM   #32
reptile3141
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Oh wow, man. That sucks so hard. :/ Glad that other cop you know was able to help you out.
reptile3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 12:35 PM   #33
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
At some point, cops have to gain a certain sense of aggression if they're going to handle such things on a regular basis. Sadly, that baggage can bleed over and affect the average Joe.
This is a pretty important point. My uncle is a cop and generally a pretty relaxed and nice guy in person but I've seen some of the shit he has to deal with on the job and it can be pretty extreme and it changes your attitude towards people in general when on the job.

That and when you're in serious trouble, cops are your best friend. I have been in a situation where I seriously felt like my life was in danger and I've never been more relieved in my life seeing the cops show up quickly.

So I can't really hate on cops. Of course some of them are d-bags, but there are d-bags in every field. Some fields just mask d-bagginess better than being a cop does.
Old 12-8-2012, 12:37 PM   #34
Sweet_Feet
Washed Up
FFR Veteran

Sweet_Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 12:43 PM   #35
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

That weed story isn't an understanding cop at all... that's just not obeying the law as a law enforcer. It's even worse than the OP-story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 01:23 PM   #36
~Zeta~
Flag Master
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Damn, I remember IL cops being pricks and such (not all of them) but not that bad lol. Nice turnout, though.
~Zeta~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 01:25 PM   #37
DragonIIDX
Not dragon, but dinosaur
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DragonIIDX

Glad it worked out for you in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
banned for having an affair with peach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
Simfiles Updated 11/30/13
DragonIIDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 04:22 PM   #38
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
That weed story isn't an understanding cop at all... that's just not obeying the law as a law enforcer. It's even worse than the OP-story...
It's a victimless crime, man! D:

Plus if it wasn't for the weed, they probably would have been ticketed for the cut-off.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2012, 08:13 PM   #39
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

It's like that all over.
I had a buddy of mine be pulled over a few blocks from his house.
Cops asked him to open a locked box in his car, to which they need a warrant to open anything locked. Of course they can haul your vehicle away and hold it til you do open it but it's your right and choice to open it or not.
My buddy didn't want to open the box and for good reason (go ahead and guess what was inside), so the cops proceeded to slam his face into the side of the car and just rough him up. Eventually he said go ahead and take my car. He went home, called a lawyer and was ready to file a suit.

Now it's not like they just pushed him around or anything no, his whole face was swollen, bruised and beaten. I couldn't believe it. The police in my town did this? The people that I had met when my mom worked at the fire station (the police and fire station were in the same building) were capable of such lawlessness and disregard for safety that they would just beat up a 19 year old male?

I never did hear what happened in the suit, but I know the cops said that the video from the dashcam was "destroyed" or otherwise unrepresentable.

I do know that the cops were disciplined in some way but it still blows my mind to think about this.

Illinois cops are dicks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #40
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

Short answer? Because they can.

I don't think there's a lot of middle-of-the-road cops. Mostly they tend to either be really good or really bad. Just depends mostly on why they joined up in the first place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote