Old 05-6-2020, 04:45 AM   #3521
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,123
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Assume Jessie used the 1-shot mafia cop role on Bolth.
I guess DBP would be able to say he roleblocked Bolth without town knowing if Bolth was a PR or not.

I had a bit of wolf read on Bolth because I thought DBP would roleblock a wolf partner to not have to deal with an hypothetical counterclaim.
I tend to believe that world because wolves didn't really NK PRs until MML.

I'm just wondering if Duskfall is really as clear as he should be.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 04:46 AM   #3522
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

On that note, I'm off for the night. It's nearly 3am and I gotta be up in a few hours.

I'll try to be on when I can thru tomorrow, but it's gonna be an intense day so don't expect too much of me.

g'night
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 04:49 AM   #3523
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Assume Jessie used the 1-shot mafia cop role on Bolth.
I guess DBP would be able to say he roleblocked Bolth without town knowing if Bolth was a PR or not.

I had a bit of wolf read on Bolth because I thought DBP would roleblock a wolf partner to not have to deal with an hypothetical counterclaim.
I tend to believe that world because wolves didn't really NK PRs until MML.

I'm just wondering if Duskfall is really as clear as he should be.
"I thought DBP would roleblock a wolf partner to not have to deal with an hypothetical counterclaim."

Can you explain this thought in some depth for me please?
anytime is ok. I'm going to bed now so I won't see your response til later (prolly lol) anyway. thanks
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 04:49 AM   #3524
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,123
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

I've been probably wrong in every possible way in this game. It's kinda funny.

g'night

It's almost 6 am here too. rip.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 04:54 AM   #3525
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,123
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
"I thought DBP would roleblock a wolf partner to not have to deal with an hypothetical counterclaim."

Can you explain this thought in some depth for me please?
anytime is ok. I'm going to bed now so I won't see your response til later (prolly lol) anyway. thanks
Well, DBP said he didn't roleblock anything N1, blocked Bolth N2 and Dusk N3 right ?

If Bolth was a town PR and his action succeed N2 that could have been a problem.

You could probably be like; "but Haku, he's probably wolf roleblocker, he could have roleblocked Bolth".

The thing is; if MML roleblocked DBP while he was roleblocking town PR Bolth then he could technically get caught.

That's mega unlikely, but why take a risk when there's a 100% safe scenario.

I'm not saying stake the entire game on that theory, but it's a thought.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 05:01 AM   #3526
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,123
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

It's like a reverse problem.

A wolf needs to find a VT to fake a roleblock on them because the VT doesn't get informed that they are roleblocked.

It's a way to recycle the 1-shot ability if it fails.

I think that slightly up the odds of Bolth being town, but not by much because DBP could just yolo roleblock wolf partner.

I just feel like wolves don't like faking night actions on partners when they're at risk of dying earlier.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 05:08 AM   #3527
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Well, DBP said he didn't roleblock anything N1, blocked Bolth N2 and Dusk N3 right ?

If Bolth was a town PR and his action succeed N2 that could have been a problem.

You could probably be like; "but Haku, he's probably wolf roleblocker, he could have roleblocked Bolth".

The thing is; if MML roleblocked DBP while he was roleblocking town PR Bolth then he could technically get caught.

That's mega unlikely, but why take a risk when there's a 100% safe scenario.

I'm not saying stake the entire game on that theory, but it's a thought.
I think the premise makes sense but everything else is wrong 'cause I'm like 99% sure DBP said he blocked FFA N2
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 05:11 AM   #3528
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,123
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Fine, I'll go sleep..

/facepalm
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 05:12 AM   #3529
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player
 
ShadoWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a life-size Flat Earth model
Posts: 136
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Fine, I'll go sleep..

/facepalm
Same tbh
Goodnight
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
ShadoWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 05:29 AM   #3530
Duskfall
FFR Player
 
Duskfall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 22
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Dusk I just wanna say from now if the beef with DBP was invented and y'all end up being partners, then major props to you both on the grade A plan & execution
it was not!
Duskfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 05:32 AM   #3531
Duskfall
FFR Player
 
Duskfall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 22
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

LOL people really considering me wolf with dbp
Duskfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 09:44 AM   #3532
Makilaz
FFR Player
 
Makilaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Age: 31
Posts: 1,221
Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

bolth mannn has been replaced by fatfuck42

day continues as normal
__________________

Last edited by Makilaz; 05-6-2020 at 09:45 AM..
Makilaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 10:02 AM   #3533
fatfuck42
FFR Player
 
fatfuck42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Hey gang
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 10:04 AM   #3534
fatfuck42
FFR Player
 
fatfuck42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Since this game is close in length to the AC game and that one took me two full days to reread, I'm gonna be realistic and only read the EODs here. Then if any important conversations come up in the process I'll go and read those too.
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 11:47 AM   #3535
Duskfall
FFR Player
 
Duskfall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 22
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
Since this game is close in length to the AC game and that one took me two full days to reread, I'm gonna be realistic and only read the EODs here. Then if any important conversations come up in the process I'll go and read those too.
I don't think it is possible for you to not get lynched at this point, honestly you are going to f3 guarenteed as guiltiest player with the only other mafia player being outted.

There is not really a play you can make to not get lynched anymore, at least in me eyes. Getting subbed in at this point is a major feelsbad but I do think your slot is kind of screwed so just heads up
Duskfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 12:10 PM   #3536
fatfuck42
FFR Player
 
fatfuck42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfall View Post
I don't think it is possible for you to not get lynched at this point, honestly you are going to f3 guarenteed as guiltiest player with the only other mafia player being outted.

There is not really a play you can make to not get lynched anymore, at least in me eyes. Getting subbed in at this point is a major feelsbad but I do think your slot is kind of screwed so just heads up
Oh shit, who's the outed mafia player? And how come my slot is screwed?
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 12:21 PM   #3537
Duskfall
FFR Player
 
Duskfall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Age: 22
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
Oh shit, who's the outed mafia player? And how come my slot is screwed?
Dbp is outted because his claim of blocker is proven impossible in our setup

You voted yesterday in mylo on me, with the two other scum and no town on town, while the rest of the players vote mafia

Also your slot has been the most wildly scumread all game of the slots in poe even before dbp and jessie were proven mafia
Duskfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 12:51 PM   #3538
fatfuck42
FFR Player
 
fatfuck42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfall View Post
Dbp is outted because his claim of blocker is proven impossible in our setup

You voted yesterday in mylo on me, with the two other scum and no town on town, while the rest of the players vote mafia

Also your slot has been the most wildly scumread all game of the slots in poe even before dbp and jessie were proven mafia
Sounds like I've got my work cut out for me, lol.

What was MML's block history? All I remember is he said he blocked haku, and that was the night nothing happened. What ended up happening there? And what did dap say his block history was?

And as far as the jessie vote goes, a wolf absolutely bussed there.
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 01:00 PM   #3539
fatfuck42
FFR Player
 
fatfuck42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

I read the EODs, now I'm gonna check the voting history and such to see which dap/jessie/X combo makes the most sense.
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2020, 01:56 PM   #3540
fatfuck42
FFR Player
 
fatfuck42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

How have MML, leetic, and shado read haku throughout the game? And how has haku read dusk and dap?
fatfuck42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution