Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #81
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 27
Posts: 932
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
i play twg because i enjoy being able to throw my logic and thoughts around in a way that i can't really do outside of the game.



you can still play as a "character" but ultimately, when you play a structured game, there still needs to be some semblance of motion. If all you're doing is shitposting and not contributing to the game, then i guess the time would definitely be better spent in some rp or something.

It's not really as much of a matter of "learning the game" as "keeping up with everything that's happening" i think. If you're keeping up and reading, you probably have opinions. stating your opinions is gr8, and being able to follow up by discussing the happenings and other people's points of views and actions is pretty good in the TWG environment. It'd be much better than a bunch of people who do play the game already (oops)

in the end, TWG ends up being "who're the bad guys! the bad guys are bad! discuss with everyone go" - if you imagine this in real life, someone who is fooling around and kinda distracting from conversation will be looked on with a certain perspective. then you make someone leave the game because you think they're a bad guy, everyone leaves the room, and then comes back except for people who died, and blah blah blah. It's an exercise in human interaction i guess. (i'm ranting now lol)

and of course, twg isn't going to be for everyone. if it's not your cup of tea, i'm glad that you at least took it for a spin. Kinda unfortunate that this was your first game, since the game itself was kinda tainted by inactivity and full out cheating, which sunfan hinted at in the opening. That'll be addressed soon.
you'd make a good scientist yoshl
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #82
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 3,729
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

ok I decided at first not to post my rant, but given that people are agreeing with it, let me give a short rundown.

that attitude is exactly what I mean by feeling like I'm being thrown into a raid boss on my first game of playing.
the amount of deduction and content expected is ludicrous for a new player.
what you call shitposting or not providing content was my attempt at proving my innocence.
also nice assumption that I didn't read. I read all the pages. but what was I supposed to make from it? I don't know anyone's game. I have 0 experience with previous TWG games.
as I said during the game: I left the solving to the experienced players.
to me it was better to assume I was wrong than to give an inexperienced opinion, or to get manipulated by people.
anything I felt like saying also felt like it would make me more suspicious
even saying that this is what I was doing is going to come across as suspicious

thanks for accepting me as a guest during your endgame content
don't expect me to come back any time soon
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #83
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 3,729
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

experienced players complaining when new people don't know how to play the game
what do you fucking expect?
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #84
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,824
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Being thrown into a raid boss is kinda a right of passage. Everyone here has done it, and been through it.

One thing I do need to stress, is that this is just a game and to NEVER take anything anyone says personally.

It takes a few games to get into the grove of things, in all honesty. I didn't know what I was doing and didn't really understand strats until the 4th or 5th game I played.

Regardless, I enjoyed playing with you. Was fun to have ya here. If ya ever wanna return we would love to have you.
__________________

Xiz is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:44 AM   #85
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
Sectional ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
YoshL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Celestial Harbor
Age: 27
Posts: 6,329
Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
ok I decided at first not to post my rant, but given that people are agreeing with it, let me give a short rundown.

that attitude is exactly what I mean by feeling like I'm being thrown into a raid boss on my first game of playing.
the amount of deduction and content expected is ludicrous for a new player.
what you call shitposting or not providing content was my attempt at proving my innocence.
also nice assumption that I didn't read. I read all the pages. but what was I supposed to make from it? I don't know anyone's game. I have 0 experience with previous TWG games.
as I said during the game: I left the solving to the experienced players.
to me it was better to assume I was wrong than to give an inexperienced opinion, or to get manipulated by people.
anything I felt like saying also felt like it would make me more suspicious
even saying that this is what I was doing is going to come across as suspicious

thanks for accepting me as a guest during your endgame content
don't expect me to come back any time soon
sorry if it wasn't clear, i wasn't specifically talking about your play, i was literally saying in general. I wasn't saying that you didn't read the game at all.
"If you're keeping up and reading, you probably have opinions. stating your opinions is gr8," I'm saying, you're going to have something to say regardless, if you've been reading. You're literally saying "i'm new so i shouldn't actually play the game". Playing is getting involved in conversation and contributing your opinions to the knowledge pool so that everyone as a whole has a better stage for analysis. Please don't take what i'm saying as "you're wrong, you're wrong, you're bad etc.". It's not what i'm saying.

Because, having read all the pages of a twg, you can still make guesses based on how people interact with each other, or their tone. Just because you don't know a player doesn't mean you don't have anything to say, it's just a matter of thinking. We're not expecting essays. We just need stuff like "zenith talking to danceflashrevo looks a little forced to me". then we ask for elaboration, and then you state posts that made you think that etc. etc. again, it's a thinking exercise.

things like "anything I felt like saying also felt like it would make me more suspicious
even saying that this is what I was doing is going to come across as suspicious
" or "it was better to assume I was wrong than to give an inexperienced opinion, or to get manipulated by people" feels like you're just afraid of being bad? Which is normal given that you're new to TWG, but literally the only way to get over that is to keep trying and not let a feeling of inferiority take over. Example - AragakiAyase has pretty damn quickly become a force in TWG, and i'm not even sure he's played in 10 games yet even (citation needed). And even early on, he made the effort to just ask around for help, advice on what to do etc. so the onus on playing the game, and playing it well is on you. If you wanted to put in the effort, you can definitely git gud.

And again, in the end, it's up to you to come back. If you don't want to, that's fine. (again) thanks for sticking it out in the game
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

Last edited by YoshL; 03-10-2016 at 11:46 AM..
YoshL is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:46 AM   #86
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,824
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Pretty sure this was said before but, it's really a shame this one was your first game.

There were a shit ton of replacements...
There was cheating...
There was a ragequit...

None of these things ever usually happen. (Besides 1 replacement a game usually) But usually things are a LOT better. Sorry x.x
__________________


Last edited by Xiz; 03-10-2016 at 11:46 AM..
Xiz is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:49 AM   #87
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 3,729
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Your first raid boss a rite of passage, sure. But not on your first time playing.
Given that this is my first impression, I don't feel inclined to put months of effort into it in order to learn it.
I didn't get a feeling of being welcomed, just punched.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:51 AM   #88
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 3,729
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

I'll settle down now. Those were my thoughts.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #89
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,824
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

You have every right to voice your opinion, it's good.

This might be a weird way to look at it, but usually if people go easy on you your first game, it's because they don't consider you a valuable player. If anything I see it as respect because they see you as a threat to their win condition.

Also, getting punched is exactly how I think most of us experienced our first game.
__________________

Xiz is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 11:56 AM   #90
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,824
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Also, getting punched is exactly how I think most of us experienced our first game.
Think of TWG as BDSM.

It's pain.

But...

...good pain.
__________________


Last edited by Xiz; 03-10-2016 at 11:56 AM..
Xiz is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #91
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
Sectional ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
YoshL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Celestial Harbor
Age: 27
Posts: 6,329
Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

xiz what in the
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #92
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,824
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread



The cabbages represent TWG.
__________________

Xiz is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 12:46 PM   #93
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,127
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Good pain wasn't enough, I needed the bad one too.
Hakulyte is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 12:46 PM   #94
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,127
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

..and it still wasn't enough.
Hakulyte is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #95
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
thesunfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Age: 26
Posts: 2,259
Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
ok I decided at first not to post my rant, but given that people are agreeing with it, let me give a short rundown.

that attitude is exactly what I mean by feeling like I'm being thrown into a raid boss on my first game of playing.
the amount of deduction and content expected is ludicrous for a new player.
what you call shitposting or not providing content was my attempt at proving my innocence.
also nice assumption that I didn't read. I read all the pages. but what was I supposed to make from it? I don't know anyone's game. I have 0 experience with previous TWG games.
as I said during the game: I left the solving to the experienced players.
to me it was better to assume I was wrong than to give an inexperienced opinion, or to get manipulated by people.
anything I felt like saying also felt like it would make me more suspicious
even saying that this is what I was doing is going to come across as suspicious

thanks for accepting me as a guest during your endgame content
don't expect me to come back any time soon
It is very difficult to play the game at first, but there really is no other way to learn other than playing.

I do agree that there are very high expectations for players in the game, I even thought about setting a limit on the # of posts a player could make in each phase or something like that, so I will grant you that this is true. It is impressive that you read everything for your first time, it really is.

So, I get that you provided content, but it was very unexplained. I remember you dropping a vote and refusing to explain why you were voting for that person. This is what I'm talking about; you need to back up your reasoning. You can't be afraid of what people are going to think of your reasoning regardless of if you're town or not. The general idea of this is kind of simple; if you're town, then what you're saying comes from a town's mindset, and if you speak your mind, then it should come across as townie to other players. Obviously, this is not foolproof because mislynches happen, but its a general idea. I would say that the absolute best advice that I was given when I was starting out was not to care too much about what other people will think regarding how you post or what you post. If you're thinking about that kind of thing, you're going to change how you play almost certainly in a negative kind of way.

You also generally shouldn't let the more experiences players try and run the game, most notably for the reason that happened this game; they might be scum. The wolfteam got stronger with the replacements, and the SK was strong as well. The only part of the game you can control is what you contribute, of course, and by limiting what you post because you don't have faith in yourself or you fear you might not be able to get your point across is going to end up biting you in the ass.

Do you understand the points I'm making? I feel like I'm repeating myself, sorry.

I am sorry you didn't enjoy it and aren't really interested in playing any more. It may not be the game for you, but I do think that if you learned it, you have the kind of personality that allows you to pick it up quickly, so I am disappointed that you're not really interested in playing.

I do think that what you set out to do, which was prove your innocence in the manner that you did, did accomplish its goal at first, I remember a lot of people townreading you for the way you were posting, but you understand why that changed later on, right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
i'm on page55, is this seriously how mafia games are played in other forums? is this what's been going on here over the years?

0 math games, all just pure rando dumbness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.

If roundbox flips town, look at his reads
thesunfan is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 12:51 PM   #96
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
thesunfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Age: 26
Posts: 2,259
Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Think of TWG as BDSM.

It's pain.

But...

...good pain.
I...
Have never thought about it like this
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
i'm on page55, is this seriously how mafia games are played in other forums? is this what's been going on here over the years?

0 math games, all just pure rando dumbness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.

If roundbox flips town, look at his reads
thesunfan is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #97
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 7,033
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Look at all these words
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 12:59 PM   #98
Shuu Iwamine
FFR Player
 
Shuu Iwamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Indeed, that is quite the amount.
Shuu Iwamine is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 01:25 PM   #99
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
Sectional ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
YoshL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Celestial Harbor
Age: 27
Posts: 6,329
Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

winner winner
pigeon dinner
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline  
Old 03-10-2016, 01:40 PM   #100
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
FFR Veteran
 
Red Blaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,009
Default Re: TWG CXLIX: Cedolad Replaces out Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
ok I decided at first not to post my rant, but given that people are agreeing with it, let me give a short rundown.

that attitude is exactly what I mean by feeling like I'm being thrown into a raid boss on my first game of playing.
the amount of deduction and content expected is ludicrous for a new player.
what you call shitposting or not providing content was my attempt at proving my innocence.
also nice assumption that I didn't read. I read all the pages. but what was I supposed to make from it? I don't know anyone's game. I have 0 experience with previous TWG games.
as I said during the game: I left the solving to the experienced players.
to me it was better to assume I was wrong than to give an inexperienced opinion, or to get manipulated by people.
anything I felt like saying also felt like it would make me more suspicious
even saying that this is what I was doing is going to come across as suspicious

thanks for accepting me as a guest during your endgame content
don't expect me to come back any time soon
Whatever you got in terms of harassment was tame by the standards of what others have been through. At the end of the day everything said in TWG stays in game..I've had people say they hate my guts and want me to die and everything in between, then chat me up in prochat hours later. Don't take anything said in-game to heart as it's usually just play style or someone asserting themselves to make a point.

Perhaps try a jTWG as those are supposed to be more laid back and oriented towards new players.



Anyway, good game Xiz you played beautifully. I was kinda hoping Dap, Haku and Jrodd would figure out Fonti was town, but oh well..win some lose some.

Also I was really RNG lucky this game - dodged two kitb's and got a 1 in 6 IC confirm! Thanks based RNG-Sama
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
edgelord Linkin Park adolescent angst music
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution